"Jet Gun" is NOT a Wonder Weapon!

So, recently, I have been playing with players that keep calling the Jet Gun a wonder weapon. It drives me crazy. In order to be a wonder weapon, the gun needs to contain/use element 115 in some way. The Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23 is just a jet engine. If it really was a wonder weapon that means, in real life, all aircraft that use jet turbines are wonder weapons too. It doesn't matter if it is considered a wonder weapon on the wiki because it is a WIKI! I am not certain about the Sliquifier or the acid gat being wonder weapons. I never cared about Die Rise enough to go on it again to build it once more. And if the acid gat didn't explode shortly after being shot, I would just consider it a really powerful shotgun.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on what the the term "wonder weapon" means. The Jet Gun is basically the center-of-attention gun on Tranzit. And to some people, that's what makes a gun "wonder"ful.

I agree with you though, I don't consider it a wonder weapon simply because it's just a hunk of junk assembled by a bunch of survivors.

Without Group 935's involvement, or even E115 for that matter, I don't see how it's fair to call that thing a wonder weapon.

Same goes for the Sliquifier. A gun that shoots shampoo...

The Blundergat on the other hand could be considered. But that's only because MotD isn't really canon to the rest of the story. Some say it is but there is really little or no evidence of it. But let's not get into that.

Edited by thegoldenspork115

I did some research on that a long time ago actually and there's a big chance that the goo from a seliquifier may just be concentrated benzene. 

The jet gun is 100% not a wonder weapon. It's what I call a power weapon as it deals infinite damage. However it contains 0 evidence of 115 or even advanced tech. The real wonder weapon on that map is likely the EMPS, as they are fully capable of stoping zombies, buses, perks, not only from dispensing perks but from allowing a player to use the perk's effects at all, and other things. 

The blundergat is just a shotgun mind you, a quad-barrel flint-lock-converted-hand-made-single-shot-boom-stick with a reloader assist shaft. 

The acid gat is also a debatable weapon. I personally believe the super-acidic liquid could be infused with 115… but it's more likely to just be acidic as it is because satan said so… 

The paralyzer has no evidence of working with 115 either, despite it's more obvious designs… Sigh.. Trayarch just doesn't give out back-story like it used to… Same for the time bombs… 

Now what jostles MY gears is when people say the STAFFS aren't wonder weapons. They use concentrated-115 crystals and the staffs themselves were build by richtofen, and therefor, 935. Out of all the wonder weapons in BO2, the staffs are the MOST likely to be wonder weapons. 

I did some research on that a long time ago actually and there's a big chance that the goo from a seliquifier may just be concentrated benzene. 

The jet gun is 100% not a wonder weapon. It's what I call a power weapon as it deals infinite damage. However it contains 0 evidence of 115 or even advanced tech. The real wonder weapon on that map is likely the EMPS, as they are fully capable of stoping zombies, buses, perks, not only from dispensing perks but from allowing a player to use the perk's effects at all, and other things. 

The blundergat is just a shotgun mind you, a quad-barrel flint-lock-converted-hand-made-single-shot-boom-stick with a reloader assist shaft. 

The acid gat is also a debatable weapon. I personally believe the super-acidic liquid could be infused with 115… but it's more likely to just be acidic as it is because satan said so… 

The paralyzer has no evidence of working with 115 either, despite it's more obvious designs… Sigh.. Trayarch just doesn't give out back-story like it used to… Same for the time bombs… 

Now what jostles MY gears is when people say the STAFFS aren't wonder weapons. They use concentrated-115 crystals and the staffs themselves were build by richtofen, and therefor, 935. Out of all the wonder weapons in BO2, the staffs are the MOST likely to be wonder weapons. 

If it's "just a shotgun"  wouldn't it lose it's effectiveness around round 8-11 unPaP and 24-26 PAP?  It's obviously not "just a shotgun" in the sense that its a "one only" out of the box weapon, and its effectiveness.

Id certainly call it a wonder weapon, as its obviously far superior to other weapons of its ilk.

Like calling the Scavenger "just a sniper rifle"

The EMP's are wonder weapons? You realize that EMP's are real things that exist in the real world, right? If those are wonder weapons, then real-world militaries must also have a wonder weapon program. However, it is supposed to only shut down electrically powered things. But don't EMP's shut down the mystery box too? Can't remember. But if it does then that would be it's only evidence to be considered a wonder weapon. Because it shuts down something that is not electrically powered. Well...we see in Origins that the box IS powered by the generators... So who knows really.

And I agree with you about the Blunderat and acid gats not being WW's. But not for the same reasons. I don't see MotD as being canon. Therefore I don't think anything from that map is a wonder weapon. Yet we see the ray guns there. So idk what to say about that.

The stuff on Buried? Further study is needed there. Treyarch really doesn't give story the way they used to :(

The staffs are really interesting though...first off though, you said good ol' Ricky made them? I don't think so. Didn't Sam call them "the staffs of the ancients"? Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that make them made by the ancients? Idk. But if they were made with E115 then maybe they could be considered WW's. If they were indeed made by Richtofen, then they'd definitely be WW's.

Richtofen made the replica staffs you use. The actual staff pieces were lost and never found, apart from their 115 stones used by the ancients. 

-I can prove this through radios 

'WHAT I CAN PROVE SOMETHING IN BO2 THROUGH RADIOS! WTF PRAISE THE LORD!" 

We see the ray guns from the box. 

We already know the MOTD realm can suck perks out of their time lines, why not the RG too?

Yes I know EMPS are real things. But like you said, these EMPS are special, they can turn off richtofen's signal to the zombies, they can disrupt the box, and most perplexing of all, a perk machine miles away from a player can be turned off and turn off the effect of the perk being carried by the player too. These EMPS are also

capable of turning off 115 by my eyes. Something we are unsure of being a feature of a normal EMP. 

As for the blundergat. It is just a shotgun. A POWERFUL shotgun but a shotgun none the less. I stand by my statement.

Here's my thoughts. The sliquifier is a wonder weapon reguardless. It was used to make those balls spin in the EE and we have nothing like in our world. Plus the goo can travel from zombie to zombie. I agree with the jet gun not being a wonder weapon, but my only question is why do you fly with it? And finally again, without a doubt, the paralyzer is wonder weapon. There is no proof, but you must have the iq of a stale piece of bread if you cannot see it's powered by something incredibly powerful. Which the only thing to our knowledge that can do that is 115.

My mistake Mocking. I forgot that one quote by Sam. "The staffs if the ancients were lost". But didn't she go on to say that "my father made copies"? Maxis is Sam's father, not Richtofen. Idk I'll have to listen to these radios(praise The Lord)

And I stand corrected. EMP's certainly do act differently than normal EMP's on real life. Most noticeably with the zombies.

And @NotoriousPIG the Paralyzer is most likely a wonder weapon. But, like everything else on Buried, there's no proof. Maybe it was made by Chuck Norris. Just saying.

Since when does a Wonder Weapon have to use/contain 115?

The term is used to describe all-powerful superweapons.

Sure, the first WuWa (DG-2) used 115, but that doesn't mean they all have to before you may call it a super gun.

Remember back in Die Rise's discription: use a variety of new wonder weaponry.

That there should tell you that Treyarch uses the term as it was originally (and still to this day) used, to describe powerful weapons.

@Mocking Maxis made the staff copies, not Richtofen.

You decide what wonder weapon means to you and then get upset that others see it differently.

Wonder weapon comes from the direct translation from German: wunderwaffe (voondervaffa).

The stg (appears in waw) was one of these to the Germans. An amazing auto fire rifle.

So, in reality, a wonder weapon is a weapon of wonder. No 115 required in any way.

If you choose to assume that it must be made with 115, the mistake is yours.

I hope that clears this issue up.

Ludvig Maxis: The ancient texts describe an artifact known to them as the Amplification Rod. It is my firm belief this item is instrumental to harnessing the energy of the elemental stones. Unfortunately, neither the rod nor the stones have been recovered from any of our dig sites. I feel we must push forward regardless. As such, I have drawn up plans to create replica rods based on the descriptions from the main chamber. I will instruct Richtofen to begin fabrication immediately.

You decide what wonder weapon means to you and then get upset that others see it differently.

Wonder weapon comes from the direct translation from German: wunderwaffe (voondervaffa).

The stg (appears in waw) was one of these to the Germans. An amazing auto fire rifle.

So, in reality, a wonder weapon is a weapon of wonder. No 115 required in any way.

How do you know it is a mistake I made? Unless you are a creator of zombies weapons you don't know what the requirements are for a wonder weapon. No one really does. I am not the only one who is assuming things here.

Amen to that!

I consider the wonder weapon(s) of a map to be the gun that all the noobs will race to the box asap (and without consideration for Juggernog) and dry hump it till they get it!

Wunderwaffe, Thundergun, Winter's Howl, Scavenger, Baby Maker, Wave Gun, Jetgun, Sliquifier, Blundergat, Paralyzer & Staffs. All of them are the maps specific wonder weapons, 115 based or not! 

To argue otherwise is beyond retarded!

@thegoldenspork115 I suppose that's your definition though (that sounded snarky and I didn't mean it to so sorry if it did).

I don't think there is a definition for it. Not in game or from the developers. Personally I believe (there is no hard evidence really for this) that the Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23 and Sliquifer are actually weapons. There are blueprints to build them, both (especially the TAM 23, it could've easily just been the simple Jet Gun) have a unique name that I doubt the N4 would've just thought of on the spot. And Studio has that weird Sliquifier model which actually looks like a weapon and not made of scrap parts.
So I believe what we see in TranZit and Die Rise are just prototypes, or just dumbed down versions of them. I think the real weapons would be PaP'able.

Anyway, like DBZ said, I consider a Wonder Weapon to be the Ultimate/Unique Weapon of the map. When I think of TranZit/Die Rise's Wonder Weapon, I think TAM 23/Sliquifier, not the Ray Gun.

They might not require 115. But I think it'd be fair to say they should have had some involvement with Group 935 and the Wonder Weapon program. The term "wonder" can be different to anybody. Hell, someone could "wonder" about the M1911. Does that make it a wonder weapon? I think not.

If you are looking at it from a storyline POV, then you can argue that the weapon needs to have some kind of involvement with Group 935 to be classified as a "wonder weapon", and if that is the case then you are in the wrong thread. Make a thread titled "What wonder weapons are make by Group 935" and your arguement will be valid.

This thread is titled "The Jetgun is not a wonder weapon", but in reality it is. It is the only gun on the map that will get kills forever, despite how garbage it is. People who play the game and have no afinity towards the storyline will call the Jetgun the wonder weapon, just in the same way they will call the Bludergat the wonder weapon on MotD.

You definition lies in the storyline sense... mines is based on common sense.

I don't see how I would be valid in one thread and not another. This one is talking about how the "jet gun is not a wonder weapon" and I'm providing evidence on why that is accurate.

Ps. I'm not trying to sound like an asshole. Sorry if it seems like that.

Yeah, I misinterpreted the OP and assumed it was another 'The Jetgun is shit! Boohoo' thread.

My point is that it is supposed to be a wonder weapon, and the only thing that makes it not one, is the story bashing members of the community who have to scrutinise over it due to their principles.

Most people just see the one person only, beast of a gun that kills more zombies per shot than any other weapon as the wonder weapons of a map, and to argue that point is, as I said, to scrutinise.

We do accept though that there is elements of the storyline that discussed a wonder weapons program, but then if you were to look at it from that perspective, then all the weapons are technically "wonder weapons"... as soon as they are pack-a-punched that is.

Well the pack a punch wasn't made by Group 935, if I'm not mistaken that is. It is an "ANCIENT device atop the mound" (something along those lines.) and "it uses the transformative power of 115, it provides us a means to upgrade our weapons".

Just a few Richtofen Origins quotes there. :P

Yeah, but some people consider any weapon that contains 115 as a wonder weapon, and also, the PaP machines we see in other maps outwidth Origins are at least manufactured by Group 935, as they are cloned/replica machines of the original one, and come in a new, manufactured casing.