Different lethals.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would kind of like to see the tactical insertion be a factor in gameplay. Maybe when you get from either the box or off the wall, you can put it down somewhere and if you go down and bleed out, when you respawn, you spawn in the spot you placed it. Of course, it'd be op cause' you could just put it by jug or the box so you can easily get those back.

And emps… Don't (Please) forget those…

I can see it now: Players have the option to start off with three frags (5 max), 

1 C4 (1 max with detonator) 

or 1 tac. Insertion (1 max) 

The tac insertion works just like you said, and isn't available in solo.

Now depending on what grenade type you went in with changes the upgraded version: 

Frags---250----> Semtex

Tac. Insertions---2500----> Fixated spawners: As well as spawning players at the beginning of the round, this device causes any spawn locations in it's radius to warp the zombies to where one placed it, offering a whole new level of training possibilities. 

C4-----1000----> Tripple amo and as well, if one holds the C4 detonator, a small red light will appear when zombies are within blast radius. 

C4 is definitely a possibility, Time Bomb is basically a modified C4.
It would definitely need some good power behind it though.

I think our Primary/Lethal Grenades will always be Frags/Semtex. However like what they did with the EMP, I think a lot of things could appear in the Secondary/Tactical Grenade slot, or equipment. The only thing I could see replacing them is Throwing Knives. Non-explosive, so it doesn't cause crawlers, but higher damage (especially if hit higher up), could probably go through at most 3 zombies?

Claymore's/Bouncing Betties already appear as equipment (usually in the Lethal Grenade slot in MP).
C4 would probably be in equipment too like the Time Bomb. I imagine it would be a powerful explosion, probably as powerful as a PhD Flopper explosion?
Shock Charges would be Tactical, but could be Lethal too maybe. I imagine they would very similar to Electric Cherry's effect, except you can place them wherever.
Molotov's I'd love if they returned. Definetly in a Lethal slot this time though, and maybe higher damage and a burning effect on the fire? (I don't think the Fire damaged them or you if you walked through it)
Tactical Insertion would probably be equipment, pretty much what JHock said
Tomahawks could appear, but after how they did the Hells Retriever, I'd honestly want them to be like that. If they do appear, would pretty much act like Throwing Knives.

Smoke Grenades would probably be Tactical, they probably be like a reverse Monkey Bomb. If you hide in the smoke, the zombies will stop in their tracks or won't go for you (like Vulture Aids Green Smoke), but it would most likely be way to OP, so it would probably have to be a short time and not the usual length.

Not really about Lethals but I found it fun thinking up ideas for these. Right now the only grenades we have that aren't Wonder Weapons are Frags, Semtex, Molotov's, and EMP's, so I would definitely like to see stuff like this.

Tommahawks could be useful. Let's say it's a one hit kill on any round but only hits one zombie. That would help if for instance you only had a raygun and one zombie blocks your path. If you shoot the backsplash will kill you, but you can just tommahawk with lightning speed and keep running. I would like to see that as shurikens actually, as it would justify you holding 4 or more of them instead of just 2 combat axes (which isn't nearly enough.)

Combat axe/tomohawk: i could totally dig this as a lethal that kills on any round, but one zombie. Cost 1000 points off the wall.

Shock Charge: portable electric cherry sticks.. Who wouldnt want this? 1000 again..

C4: basically what you expect, costs 1500.

And honestly while on the topic, i find it weird that matroyskas were not lethals.... I get the idea of balance but its not that big of a deal honestly.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, lets all just drop the C4 idea for a minute. We don't need this to be a lot like MP. Lets open our minds to think of other lethals. For example, we could have throwable electric bombs (much like Quiz-nades). I would also like to point out that we havent seen anything close to a placeable turret or sentry gun in the game, that would be cool. Maybe Treyach could make a throwable mini-sentry

Ok, lets all just drop the C4 idea for a minute. We don't need this to be a lot like MP. Lets open our minds to think of other lethals. For example, we could have throwable electric bombs (much like Quiz-nades). I would also like to point out that we havent seen anything close to a placeable turret or sentry gun in the game, that would be cool. Maybe Treyach could make a throwable mini-sentry

A throwing electric bomb unlike multiplayer? Ahem....shock charge. Lol. And yeah the turret is in Tranzit.

• 2 weeks later...