Zombies Ranking System 2.0 - How It Should Work

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did no one comment on this even through it's featured section?

Anyways: The whole zombies game could be drastically improved with a challenge based ranking system, it could even just be like the chests from origins implemented into the spawn area of each map. There would be a set of 4 random challenges. three normal, one big

SOME examples of normal challenges:

Survive to round 10 in the starting room

Go a whole round without firing any bullets. 

Insert over 10,000 points into the bank. 

Activate the hidden song, 

Obtain more the 4 perks (on maps that allow it) 

kill the boss zombie

Examples of higher challenges: 

Obtain 1000 head shots per player. 

Don't go down more then three times per player and survive past round 15

Spend all of your money, once you're over 10,000$, in one round. 

Receive, but don't pick up both a wonder weapon, and a wonder grenade from the box. 

Down yourself with over 3 perks, with un-upgraded weapons, and less then 5000$ to spend. Then don't go down in the round to follow. 

The smaller ones improve your score slightly, the bigger one more so, and you're rank goes up naturally for head shots,winning game modes, kills, and easter eggs, while it goes down with bank usage, perma-perk exploit (only apples to certain permas such as perma-jug), losing game modes and downs. 

The higher level you go the more weapons you unlock to customize the box (but it still remains balanced), the more outfits come available for your player in survival/turned/greif mode, and more rewards for playing daily. 

I like the idea of thinking outside the box to come up with a revamped ranking system and I like some of the ideas that you presented, but I think you started getting away from real purpose of the ranking system... To attribute a skill level to the player. Your ranking system effectively is who played the most. With the plethora of statistics at our fingertips I think there is a happy medium between an almost completely k/d based system and a time played system. I understand that challenges would be the faster leveling method but this is exactly like multiplayer in that regard (and it becomes a time based system). Anyone that is experienced in multiplayer should agree that prestige is a terrible indicator of skill.  

If there was another way to determine skill level with your system like a LOBBY LEADERBOARD then I would be all for it. If the LOBBY LEADERBOARD also allowed you to sort and see the lobbies lifetime kill/down and revive/down then I would be ecstatic.

I guess the point of my post is I'd rather not see prestige cut and pasted into zombies but I'm not that picky as long as they bring back a LOBBY LEADERBOARD or ranking system that is equivalent and doesn't reward selfish play. The current system could use more ranks and less of a reliance on k/d.

Bones =  New, possibly terrible.

Skull = Wildly variant. From tremendous to god awful.

Knife = Generally decent but not always.

Shotguns = Generally good, higher glitcher potential, may use selfish play style.

On a side note, I decided to stop in after a long hiatus. I like the new look. 

Really like the idea. I would love to see far more customization available to players of a certain level. I don’t like a time based ranking system though. Challenges are a good idea, but instead of ranking you up I think they should unlock some very small reward that you can add to your loadout. For example complete a challenge, unlock max ammo for your starting pistol at the start of the game, complete another, unlock the mouser(sp?) Instead of the m1911. Extended mags for another challenge on your starting pistol, but you can only have 4 things equipped at a time.

The important part is to not make anything over powered. We don't want to for example start with a b23r, with extended mags, and max ammo.

The idea of taking things away from players for using the bank is great. Something like can't buy perks for two rounds would be wonderful.

The actual ranking system should move away from k/d based. It makes people play selfish. A higher emphasis on rounds survived, not a small sample size like over 10 games, I mean overall. Then add in the weight from stats. 10 ranks, with prestige should be the minimum, it sucked being the highest rank after a week in bo2.

There should be, for completing challenges, a kind of perk system like what I put above. You can have four, some other examples would be +1% chance at good weapons in the box, 5% extra bullet damage, +10% explosives damage, 10% movement increase, can run 3 extra steps, etc.

Nothing too game breaking like fire 2 bullets at once, that stacks with dt2, so you get 3 bullets at a time, or an extra hit that stacks with jugg.

I would also like there to be a separate kill category for wonder weapons. I like to know who leans too heavily on them. They make the game far too easy.

The actual ranking system should move away from k/d based. It makes people play selfish. A higher emphasis on rounds survived, not a small sample size like over 10 games, I mean overall. Then add in the weight from stats. 10 ranks, with prestige should be the minimum, it sucked being the highest rank after a week in bo2.

I would also like there to be a separate kill category for wonder weapons. I like to know who leans too heavily on them. They make the game far too easy.

KD shouldn't have any reflection of someone's rank. Obviously really good players are going to have good KD. But making people think KD matters is what makes people quit out when the game gets too hard or once they go down once. And it also makes people not want to risk picking someone up because they might take a down and hurt their precious kd. Good players don't need to worry about these things, but we all know that most people playing aren't the good players. So public lobby games are filled with these kinds of players.

And making it round based also takes away from some aspects of game play. Like doing challenges or EE hunting. My avg round is probably under 10 because most of my games were probably spent trying to find more to Tranzit and testing things out, which using the bank meant most of those games maybe lasted to round 7. I'm not a top rank player and didn't really care for rank, but those who do will not want to try those things if its going to hurt their overall rank.

Thats why I think including some kind of average round over last 10-20 game period rank should be added. The people who quit games because of being worried about their KD will now stay in games longer, since rank is so important to them, and the EE and challenge people can always do their own things, and then for fun, try to earn the top rank for a 20 game period. Maybe even include a feature where if you unlock the top rank, like average round 45 over 20 games without cheating, you can lock that rank in.  I'm not saying make this sort of rank the main thing, but maybe have a feature of the emblem or rank indicate this. Like the shield behind your skull would change based on this, or if it was a banner system, the color of the border. Whatever the next rank/emblem system is I think including a small indicator like this would make for better public lobby games.

And I love that last line. Making WW kills separate from regular kills would be a good way to kind of punish those greedy kids that yell out "I call the Sliquifier" or "I need the Bludergat or I quit."    Really good players will have a ton of WW kills because you need them to get to higher rounds, but I don't see the really good players caring too much since they would still have a ton of regular kills, and maybe this would challenge them a little to hold out on regular weapons as long as possible for fun. But the people who can't make it past round 15 without a WW will be noticeable. 

I'm sorry it's easier not to quote on mobile for me.

I completely agree about kd. For some it is way too important, hell for awhile, once I had done about all I wanted to do in tranzit, I raised my kd by over 400 just for fun. I believe I got it to 780 something, with 30+ days worth of game time lol. Kd is natural, if you get to a high round, chances are you will have a good kd.

Completion percentage would be a pretty

good add on too imo. That way you can get a gauge on peoples dedication, of course there are faults, and I myself likely quit around 30% of the survival games I played. It gets boring after awhile, but only if everyone is okay with quitting, which they usually are.

I am not an EE hunter, or anything, so I kind of neglected that angle. I guess you are right, it pretty much discourages people from trying if it is round based.

How can they choose who cheats and who doesn't? Nobody is going to watch every game, and ban those that do. Maybe a higher emphasis on miles travelled? Still you can get a person to glitch that. Just run around for hours, and boom max rank.

I personally despise the WW, and Ray Gun. They make things way too easy. I likely wouldn't even have 10% overall kills with them. The people who need the WWs are useless. They can't survive without them most of the time.

How can they choose who cheats and who doesn't? Nobody is going to watch every game, and ban those that do. Maybe a higher emphasis on miles travelled? Still you can get a person to glitch that. Just run around for hours, and boom max rank.

I would just hope that by the time Zombies does come out, with the next gen hardware and extra year to work on it, they might find a way to improve the game and defend against cheating. People would always find a way, but one can hope. But if you awarded something like that as an achievement with the reward, then you could penalize someone who gets caught cheating or glitching and take that reward away, even if it wasn't during that 20 game span. Would give people in public lobbies something to worry about since other teammates might report them.

It would be great if they can implement an anti cheating system, I just have serious doubts that it is reasonably possible. They can't really do anything like on pc where if you have a hack site on your history they put you in purgatory, if we are talking about consoles of course.

That would be simple, but not realistic on the consoles, because they don't really work like that. Maybe get kicked if you don't move for more than 20 mins? That might be kind of easy to do, not sure.

If that could work, then glitching would be obsolete. If it couldn't be done, then I am pretty much out of ideas.