elevator patch?

I know that there was that security patch the other day. I just played Die Rise and all of the elevators are moving much faster than they used to; even the sounds of the doors and chimes are faster. Is this from this patch, or did they do this a while back and i missed it?

Elevators are the worst part of that map, it really made it more enjoyable to play.

I did 44 rounds and then fell off of the building and quit (i usually quit around then anyway out of boredom, falling off of the building was perfect).

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I play quite a lot of Die Rise and I've noticed that elevator speeds tend to fluctuate, especially after a host migration. Depending on the game I might have to wait 30-40 seconds for and elevator to move positions (which can be an eternity if you are waiting at the bottom); and on other occasions as soon as it hits the bottom it goes back up again. I’ll have to take out my trusty stop watch and log some dwell times.

Things from yesterday: all solo.

On qr elevator, when it gets up top, it starts chiming immediately and then goes all the way up a second later. I used to have to wander around for like a minute before it would come up. Also, when waiting for it below several times, it was there in nearly half of the time it used to take.

Waiting by Sliquifier: both elevators coming down, stopped in power switch room. At this point, i would walk around that level once and with luck, the elevators would be low enough for me to get on one. But instead, they both came down, went below, went back up before i got back. Assuming the time it takes to walk the same path had not changed, the elevator time must have.

Pap by upstairs box location: you used to be able to pap 2 guns if done efficiently, usually with one escaping if you weren't fast enough. Yesterday, each time there was enough time to pap immediately, then about 2 seconds later, it would move.

Maybe just another glitch, but the whole game yesterday the elevators were about 2/5ths less time than previous games.

Random ease comment: 'back to Die Rise due to Buried's easiness'? While Buried may be easier past 50, it's harder to go down before 40 on Die Rise... (edit: I'm not starting shit, just genuinely amused. Like 'we were beating those unarmed folk too easily with our lmg's so we went back to using ARs against them) heh.

Tranzit is the only one i can't hit 40 solo, and it's unlikely in Origins, given the endless waves of glitches/bugs, despite the general easiness of it (unless crazy place sans staves).

Yes. But this seems to go beyond that. The elevators travel at different speeds too. But maybe you're right; i just got the 'hurried' game by luck.

I will test further to see if the increase was a random event or permanent.

I just wanted to bring this to folks attention to get more brains to check it out. It may have changed months ago as was stated above, as i haven't played in a while, but it has changed for sure from where it used to be (again, unless this was a random off game).

Thanks for the replies.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. But this seems to go beyond that. The elevators travel at different speeds too. But maybe you're right; i just got the 'hurried' game by luck.

I will test further to see if the increase was a random event or permanent.

I just wanted to bring this to folks attention to get more brains to check it out. It may have changed months ago as was stated above, as i haven't played in a while, but it has changed for sure from where it used to be (again, unless this was a random off game).

Thanks for the replies.

has there been any notice of elevators taking longer based on number of players in the game? I think you mostly play solo if i'm not mistaken, so maybe its faster with 1 person than with more?  it seems like that might make sense as far as with more people, more people would need to buy perks, pap , etc.   idk ill have to take a look, haven't played die rise in a while

Good theoretical point. I have since played with 2 others and the elevators seemed the same.

I had one the other day where the pap dropped to power, stuck my an94 in and it left immediately. I put it in as soon as it arrived.

Overall, they are continuing to go faster than they did months ago when i was last playing zombies.

My main proof to myself besides the obviously (to me) faster chiming/banging of the elevator doors is that i would do certain paths around the Pink Shotgun area that coincided with the elevator times, and that the elevators are clearly moving faster during those same paths than they used to.

They still vary in time, but everyone is faster than they were. For example, eating my gun and leaving immediately for the pap.

Despite the gun incident, i am glad for this.

I played the heck out of Die Rise at its launch and have been back occasionally now and then. Haven't noticed any change in the elevators personally, but I never focused on them, so I don't know. I will keep my eyes open next time I play that map.

If you are struggling to get past Round 30 on TranZit, I would suggest you PaP the M1911 and farm the box for a regular Ray Gun. Then go train at the farm. You should hit 40 with ease. Good luck!

I kill myself with both of those constantly without phd. I've tried. Ha.

I am capable in general, but i recently did my best in the tunnel, but i get slapped too much. I must be running it wrong.

I used to always do the area in front of farm. I almost always die when 3 zombies spawn under me, lift me up, can't punch them enough, fast enough, can't get a shot on them fast enough before the joggers behind me catch up and beat down.

Shooting them with m+s or rg would just kill me faster. Maybe not someone else, but me.

I need to get Tranzit over 40, it's the only main map that i haven't quit because i got too far.

Good theoretical point. I have since played with 2 others and the elevators seemed the same.

I had one the other day where the pap dropped to power, stuck my an94 in and it left immediately. I put it in as soon as it arrived.

Overall, they are continuing to go faster than they did months ago when i was last playing zombies.

My main proof to myself besides the obviously (to me) faster chiming/banging of the elevator doors is that i would do certain paths around the Pink Shotgun area that coincided with the elevator times, and that the elevators are clearly moving faster during those same paths than they used to.

They still vary in time, but everyone is faster than they were. For example, eating my gun and leaving immediately for the pap.

Despite the gun incident, i am glad for this.

Perhaps there was some tweaking done in a hot fix or something... somebody could try playing offline to see.   either way, i agree faster elevators=better

I kill myself with both of those constantly without phd. I've tried. Ha.

I am capable in general, but i recently did my best in the tunnel, but i get slapped too much. I must be running it wrong.

I used to always do the area in front of farm. I almost always die when 3 zombies spawn under me, lift me up, can't punch them enough, fast enough, can't get a shot on them fast enough before the joggers behind me catch up and beat down.

Shooting them with m+s or rg would just kill me faster. Maybe not someone else, but me.

I need to get Tranzit over 40, it's the only main map that i haven't quit because i got too far.

Try learning the spawns outside of the farm, it helps. For M&S you just gotta space out your shots a bit. ^^

If you're struggling there, you could also try running the Town. Some people are used to it. The Diner also isn't too hard, the only really annoying thing is the bus. Bus Depot isn't too bad either! I used to like running there with an upgraded Olympia or M14.

Keep trying, you'll get it. The thing to remember with TranZit is that unlike other maps, if you mess up your train, there is no real way to save yourself once cornered. But at least there is a lot of room. Have fun!

Sallies rules:

2 shots at your feet puts you a single hit away from a red screen.

2 shots followed by an immediate 3rd will put you on a red screen.

Only shoot sallies when you have a full hoard under control. The loose zombies are the ones that down you.

The best strategy I have for Tranzit is to run outside the farm with the gate closed with a raygun & M&S until 40-45, then open up and grab DT. Basically you need to pull a raygun from the box before the box moves to farm. Restart if you fail.

The reason this strategy works best is that, with the gate closed, the spawn in is ridiculously quick, and if you start from round 1 (after setup), you will get used to the pace of the spawn quick, and come 45 you can open the gate, making the spawn in easier to handle, while still coming in relatively quick due to the high round.

Raygun and M&S work best for quick kills. You can speed through early rounds blasting with raygun at them to stay safe, then in later rounds you can resort to the M&S. Easiest way to use it and stay safe is to wait until there is no more zombies spawning in then run a few yards ahead of them and turn and blast.

From 50 onwards you really want the jetgun and Mark II.