Samantha's Story (Ultimate Longshot Theory)

Naitrax

Samantha's Story - How It REALLY Began

As you may know, I believe Origins to be set in an Alternate Reality. But if it wasn't, then I have an extremely out there theory regarding Samantha, and her Origins.

My name is Samantha, and I am going to tell you how this all REALLY began...

What if Origins ISNT set in an alternate reality?

There is an ancient evil buried within the temple. When the Germans released it, the sheer amounts of the Element in the temple walls acted as a catalyst, and the being was able to swap souls with Samantha without using the M.P.D's process. This being trapped Samantha in it's tomb and took control of the Zombies, causing the purple eyes. The being roots itself in the Aether, commanding a portion of it's soul to control a region of the Aether forever. This affects the rest of our timeline (due to this being a prequel) and disrupts the balance of power, creating an alternate timeline. Slowly, this being becomes corrupt, and the shade of blue in it's eyes begins to fade (due to a Richtofen-less existence) creating a deep red. This is the timeline Mob of the Dead takes place in. To set things right, Richtofen commands us to free Samantha from her prison, due to him having the knowledge that he will never gain power in the Alternate Future if we fail. This is why Samantha warns us of the ancient evil present in the Aether. Samantha has had a run-in with the being before, knowing its power. But she does not remember Richtofen. At least consciously. This is the reason for the messages scrawled on the wall in Der Riese. She refers to the man with immense power who saved her as Teddy, leading to her fascination with teddy bears, but she also fears him. She fears he has lied to her. After being usurped of the Ethereal Throne (my name for the position in the M.P.D), she realises who Edward Richtofen really is, leading to her sharing her story of how it all REALLY began.

With who? Only time will tell.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Purgatory this is fantastic. I think that would align everything up in preparations for Origins. If this doesn't explain it, I don't know what will. Perhaps this is all in the same timeline, just Maxis has caused something to happen where everything becomes different from the beginning. Maybe powering the towers originally meant creating a time machine/wormhole where Maxis could travel back. But he became so frustrated with Richofy and his persistence, that he decided to become the controller Buried instead of actually doing what was originally intended. Therefore this is what would've happened if the teleporter would've happened.

Eh... I don't quite get why the being rooting itself in aether would create another timeline, nor why Mob of the Dead would even be in another timeline. The character's are all dead, anyways. Lucifer probably just controls hell or purgatory. I don't know, really. There's elements of this that are interesting and I agree with, but everything I've written doesn't make sense. Also, why does Richtofen care what happens to an alternate timeline when he isn't in that timeline?

Just something I'd like to contribute:

If you choose Richtofen in Buried, people say he gets ultimate power, but this is actually not true. At first, it appears he gets ultimate power, but it turns out that his power is still limited. For example, he expresses disdain that once he entered Samuel's body, he is unable to leave it. He shouts "This is not how this was supposed to end!" and "I almost forgot how not fun it is to constantly have to kill zombies!" (or something like that). Richtofen is still the most powerful being in known existence at that point, however, he is still unhappy. But isn't that a trait common to a sociopath? Always unhappy, always wanting more.

"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Richtofen is on a major power-trip. Maybe our world isn't enough to satisfy him.

This was back before he could even contemplate controlling the world. The MPD gave him that whole idea.

What do you mean it was before he contemplated controlling the world? Richtofen wanted us to help him enter the MPD and release Samantha. However Samantha didn't come into power until after richtofen had discovered the MPD, built Gryphon station, massacred dozens of people to feed it, and overthrow Maxis. He had the idea of becoming powerful before Samantha was even in her prison in the first place.

"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Richtofen is on a major power-trip. Maybe our world isn't enough to satisfy him.

This was back before he could even contemplate controlling the world. The MPD gave him that whole idea.

What do you mean it was before he contemplated controlling the world? Richtofen wanted us to help him enter the MPD and release Samantha. However Samantha didn't come into power until after richtofen had discovered the MPD, built Gryphon station, massacred dozens of people to feed it, and overthrow Maxis. He had the idea of becoming powerful before Samantha was even in her prison in the first place.

In this theory, it is a prequel, and way before he even knew the MPD existed and knew what it was. He would have no way to control the world and wouldn't contemplate it himself.

Eh... I don't quite get why the being rooting itself in aether would create another timeline, nor why Mob of the Dead would even be in another timeline. The character's are all dead, anyways. Lucifer probably just controls hell or purgatory. I don't know, really. There's elements of this that are interesting and I agree with, but everything I've written doesn't make sense. Also, why does Richtofen care what happens to an alternate timeline when he isn't in that timeline?

Placing a part of himself in the Aether is to forever hold his spot there. But that's not what I meant by that creating an alternate timeline. The whole fact that he is in the Aether creates an alternate timeline where nobody stops him. Why does Richtofen care? Because what happens when he runs out of survivors/zombies? One of those two things will happen. He can't just create new humans. So, in another reality where he is still in control, he still holds an element of power. He could switch realities and take survivors/zombies from there. Why not stay in that reality? Because for two of the same being to exist in a single dimension begins to tear into the fabric of time and space.

This is where Mob of the Dead takes place. By using this theory, it ties Mob of the Dead into the storyline.

In this theory, it is a prequel, and way before he even knew the MPD existed and knew what it was. He would have no way to control the world and wouldn't contemplate it himself.

At that point he didn't personally want to rule the world but wanted Germany (his country) to become the most powerful nation. You know, assuring its ultimate victory. So in a sense he did still want to use 115 to gain power in the world, though maybe not in the same way as he does later.

[

At that point he didn't personally want to rule the world but wanted Germany (his country) to become the most powerful nation. You know, assuring its ultimate victory. So in a sense he did still want to use 115 to gain power in the world, though maybe not in the same way as he does later.

Yeah, that is true, but there's not actually anything you could do to an alternate timeline you aren't apart of.

Yeah, that is true, but there's not actually anything you could do to an alternate timeline you aren't apart of.

Someone with dimensional-travelling capabilities could go and try and live their life over in another dimension. Originally, this could have been his goal - To travel dimensions and usurp Maxis and win WWII.

Someone with dimensional-travelling capabilities could go and try and live their life over in another dimension. Originally, this could have been his goal - To travel dimensions and usurp Maxis and win WWII.

Like your title says, it's a pretty big longshot. It just sounds like it would complicate the story too much. It could work that way, but I'd say he probably wasn't plotting anything that crazy, and he probably thought he wouldn't need to.