A New Mauser Picture! + A code that needs to be unraveled!

Well we don't know what it shoots. The name suggest in 115 so that muzzle break type of thing could be some sort of transformer. Think about it if it shoots incendiary rounds that would gulf the zombies in flames! Now I think that would be pretty bad ass wonder weapon, and of course there can be multiple wonder weapons. This could replace ray gun as it hasn't been made yet.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we don't know what it shoots. The name suggest in 115 so that muzzle break type of thing could be some sort of transformer. Think about it if it shoots incendiary rounds that would gulf the zombies in flames! Now I think that would be pretty bad ass wonder weapon, and of course there can be multiple wonder weapons. This could replace ray gun as it hasn't been made yet.

If the gun did have some sort of special round that could be pretty cool, although judging by the flame-throwers performance in w@w I'm not sure fire is the most effective weapon against the undead.

And IMO even if the map is set in the past before the creation of the ray gun I doubt they would take it out of the box, especially as they have just released the mark2

Seems like a simple machine-pistol and doesn't need X-rays but... Ok...

a simple machine-pistol with an attachment SCOPE... (do you get what I'm getting at? the scope has to do with the x-ray qualities)

it's okay if you feel that it doesn't need x-rays, though ;)

edit:

let me be clear that your theory on the latin numerals is WAY more believable than mine, not debating that lol.

Purhaps the scope will allow us to see through walls you're saying? Cool! Maybe it will be availed after packapunching other weapons too.....

The M1911 and the Ray Gun have been in every zombies map to date (if you don't count DOA or Grief, which I don't). I highly doubt that they would remove such staples in the series. The Ray Gun comes from a magical toy box, it can appear anywhere in time and space.

I like the idea of this weapon having different attachments that define what it does. Would kind of mix up the gameplay a little bit, straying from the "one super-powerful wonder weapon that you MUST have for high rounds".

But if we are truly going back to the very very beginning of the O4 story, how will we have all the things we've come to know in the zombies world there ? Some kind of Event is needed to push us in a certain direction. Maybe this will be a throwback with less flash and pinnaz and be heavily mission and story driven. Would you be satisfied if they stripped our zombies back down to the basics like Nacht was.

But if we are truly going back to the very very beginning of the O4 story, how will we have all the things we've come to know in the zombies world there ? Some kind of Event is needed to push us in a certain direction. Maybe this will be a throwback with less flash and pinnaz and be heavily mission and story driven. Would you be satisfied if they stripped our zombies back down to the basics like Nacht was.

No, because that's the opposite of what a finale should be. It should be what the entire "season" has been building to, the culmination of everything we've seen and enjoyed. Besides, even the noobs would be mad if Treyarch took away their precious perks. Seeing as some people don't care at all about the story, a feature-heavy map would be a better choice than a mission-driven one.

Apparently, it relates to France!

Check out these lines I read from the Wikipedia page for "Mauser:"

Norris believed the design could be adapted to convert Chassepot needle guns to fire metallic cartridges. Shortly thereafter, a partnership was formed in Oberndorf between Norris and the Mauser brothers. The partners went to Liège in 1867, but when the French government showed no interest in a Chassepot conversion, the partnership was dissolved. Paul Mauser returned to Oberndorf in December 1869, and Wilhelm arrived in April 1870.

So Mauser could have been a French company? Interesting, maybe we can see some minor rivalry/jealousy, by a character, or maybe some propaganda on a wall? I doubt it, but then again, the map is MOST LIKELY France, and Mauser has been mentioned a couple times recently by 3arch.

Also, check this out:

The Mauser brothers received an order for 3,000 rifle sights, but actual production of the rifle was given to government arsenals and large firms. The sights were produced at the Xaver Jauch house starting 1 May 1872.

Again, I highly doubt what I am about to say, but it is slightly possible.

Perhaps, the c on the picture stands for 3, since 3000 sights were printed, the x is for Xaver Jauch, and the s is for sights? I doubt it, but I'm trying to find out what it is, and that is a connection lol, perhaps they wanted to reference their origins?

Oh wait, just found this out. Yep, I expect rivalry alright:

In 1940 the Mauser Company was invited to take part in a competition to re-equip the German Army with a semi-automatic rifle, the Gewehr 41. A number of impractical requirements were specified, including that the design should not use holes drilled into the barrel to take off gas for the operating mechanism, thereby requiring mechanisms that proved unreliable. Two designs were submitted, and the Mauser version, the G 41(M), failed miserably in testing. It was canceled after a short production run. The resulting design did not see real success before it was switched to a simpler gas-operated system in the Gewehr 43. During World War II, the Mauser factory in Oberndorf was strategically bombed by the Allies, resulting in the deaths of 26 workers and the destruction of the company's power plant. French forces entered Oberndorf (which they subsequently occupied for some time) on 20 April 1945 when the town's mayor and planning committee surrendered without any resistance; no blood was shed there on that day.

After the war in Europe, the factory was briefly put back in order to produce weapons for the now under-equipped and exhausted French military. The plant was dismantled by the occupying forces for the purpose of war reparations, most factory buildings (approximately 60% in total) were demolished and the records destroyed on orders of the local French Army commander.

We've seen the Gewehr 43, have we not? (I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was a weapon). That's not it, though. The Allies bombed the facility. What countries were in the Allies again? That relate to our storyline maybe?

Hmm, the USA.

Tank Dempsey and Peter could've been a part of this.

But wait, the Soviet Union is also in the allies.

Yep, Nikolai might've helped.

The only one left out is Takeo, but I'm sure the Germans would've sent an allied country in for backup.

Anyways, what if they forgot about meeting Maxis/Richtofen for the first time here? It might not have been actually meeting them face-to-face, but perhaps they saw them here? Maybe we have to kill Richtofen/Maxis back in time to fix everything?

Also, France relates to this. Perhaps our 4th playable character on this map would be the French General, and the O3 would work with him? I wonder why those records were destroyed though...

Perhaps they found something that the Germans didn't...

The only M1916 thing I found on the page was this:

Spanish M1916 rifle:

The M1916 rifle was introduced in 1916. It was a shortened version of the M1893 rifle with a straight stock chambered in 7mm Mauser. Some were later re-barreled to use the 7.62×51mm NATO round. Many were also converted into FR7 rifles for military training and Guardia Civil use.

There is a common misconception that Spanish 1916 Mausers were chambered for 7.62×51mm CETME, a common round in use by the Spanish military; however, the M1916 was actually chambered for 7.62mm NATO.

But yeah, this is what I found, hopefully it helps you guys!