Maxis: A name that makes Richtofen's skin CRAWL!

Up till now it has been presumed that the nukes that destroyed the earth were COMPLETELY Revolved around putting some sort of power-restraint on richtofen... But now with the completion of the easter eggs in BO2, I can see maxis couldn't care less about Richtofen....

Lets start at moon, richtofen arrives and begins the cryogenic slumber party achievement that unlocks the maxis AI from the MPD's computer system.... This AI has one purpose: To ensure the survival of his daughter...

SO! Without any regret he blows up the earth, not to stop richtofen but because he KNOWS that Samantha will end up in Argotha in the end.... The nukes arn't there as a chain on richtofen, they're there as a REASON for people to do as he says, would an average person complete ANY of the tasks that we've done for him? Likely not!

Then when Samule, Misty, Marelton, and Russman came along they we're EASILY susceptible to maxis's words, as he supplyed them with false hope, RIGHT from the bus depot, and once they pushed the big red button and he got what he wanted.... They weren't needed anymore.... They were destined to die right there next to the rift should maxis win.... As well as the rest of the earth.... UNLESS.... Richtofen can get WHO WHAT OR HOW in the next map to do as he says and save the day...

Also another thought: What is maxis going to do now? Even if he recovers Samantha, where will she go? Earth? Its gone.... The moon? Aether? WHERE?!?! SO many questions! Tell me what you think......

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mostly agree, however I don't believe the missiles were meant to scare the populace into following his words. I'm pretty sure that the purpose of it was to open the rift and expose Argatha, but the calculations were off so the rift didn't fully open. Maxis had to get the N4 to completetly open it by giving him control of the Aether. Also I wouldn't say easily convinced since the characters choose either to side with Maxis or Richtofen.

The only thing I have to wonder about is how an AI can control an Aetherial Realm. Its raised a lot more questions for me because both Samantha and Richtofin had their souls transferred in to the Aether because its beyond the physical realm, it may even be a place that souls go upon death hence the zombies. But that's just it, if the Maxis communicating with us is nothing more than a creation of the real Maxis while he was still alive how does it have a soul? Is it possible that Maxis figured out a way for his soul to become part of the AI keeping him tied to the physical realm?

When Samantha entered the Aether that is when Maxis is believed to be killed by Shuster and Groph, but I think that to save Maxis' life Sam sent him into some Aetheral realm like the on Gersch was trapped in. So Maxis never died, his AI was deleted by Richtofen in Moon but Maxis' soul lived on in technology and led the O4 to blow up the Earth to reach Argatha.

When Samantha entered the Aether that is when Maxis is believed to be killed by Shuster and Groph, but I think that to save Maxis' life Sam sent him into some Aetheral realm like the on Gersch was trapped in. So Maxis never died, his AI was deleted by Richtofen in Moon but Maxis' soul lived on in technology and led the O4 to blow up the Earth to reach Argatha.

Exactly!

Dude... whoah, that's actually making so much sense. :o

• Administrators

Maxis is trying to minimize the damage caused by Richtofen. Killing all the humans saves them from a life subjected to tyrannic rule by Richtofen as he plays with the world and all of its inhabitants.

Maxis is trying to minimize the damage caused by Richtofen. Killing all the humans saves them from a life subjected to tyrannic rule by Richtofen as he plays with the world and all of its inhabitants.

Maxis doesn't care about saving people. His goal was to open the rift to Argatha with the missiles, he was clearly lying when he said he wanted to minimize damage, come on did you hear that maniacal laugh? People were not even a factor when he planned to launch the missiles. All he cares about is meeting with Samantha in Argatha. And now that I think about it, Maxis contacted the O4 after Richtofen and Sam switched bodies. I wonder if it was Maxis and Samantha's plan all along to escape to Argatha together, willing to sacrifice everyone else. Perhaps prior to the body switching Maxis and Samantha planned on opening the rift. Clearly Maxis has had it planned for a while, perhaps even prior to getting turned ethereal by Sam. So when the missiles launched I assume Sam was able to get into Argatha using whatever crazy powers or knowledge she gained from the Aether, but Maxis not having the Aether's power/knowledge needed to gain the power of the Aether so he could fully open the rift and reach Argatha.

On another note, there is so much new story stuff to think about on the Maxis side. I'm extremely disappointed in the Richtofen side, all it is is Richtofen winning. Surely they could have thought of something more, expand on the voices in Richtofen's head, have them take control, something. Very disappointing that we can sit and formulate theories about the Maxis side but the Richtofen side lies barren of any real story progress.

• Administrators

Maxis doesn't care about saving people. His goal was to open the rift to Argatha with the missiles, he was clearly lying when he said he wanted to minimize damage, come on did you hear that maniacal laugh? People were not even a factor when he planned to launch the missiles. All he cares about is meeting with Samantha in Argatha. And now that I think about it, Maxis contacted the O4 after Richtofen and Sam switched bodies. I wonder if it was Maxis and Samantha's plan all along to escape to Argatha together, willing to sacrifice everyone else. Perhaps prior to the body switching Maxis and Samantha planned on opening the rift. Clearly Maxis has had it planned for a while, perhaps even prior to getting turned ethereal by Sam. So when the missiles launched I assume Sam was able to get into Argatha using whatever crazy powers or knowledge she gained from the Aether, but Maxis not having the Aether's power/knowledge needed to gain the power of the Aether so he could fully open the rift and reach Argatha.

On another note, there is so much new story stuff to think about on the Maxis side. I'm extremely disappointed in the Richtofen side, all it is is Richtofen winning. Surely they could have thought of something more, expand on the voices in Richtofen's head, have them take control, something. Very disappointing that we can sit and formulate theories about the Maxis side but the Richtofen side lies barren of any real story progress.

I would argue he doesn't care about saving them, but rather sparing them. I'm likely wrong on this, but I personal see this is a likely option. Obviously he still has a plan regarding Agartha, but I believe he can still get in there without killing everyone. Therefore, I think his reason for doing it to spare them.

Obviously he still has a plan regarding Agartha, but I believe he can still get in there without killing everyone.

So his quote "Regretfully the Earth and its people will not survive." Is him believing he can save everyone? I'm certain he has no intention of saving or sparing anyone, Maxis has gone mad with the idea of being with Samantha. Nothing else matters to him.

• Administrators

Obviously he still has a plan regarding Agartha, but I believe he can still get in there without killing everyone.

So his quote "Regretfully the Earth and its people will not survive." Is him believing he can save everyone? I'm certain he has no intention of saving or sparing anyone, Maxis has gone mad with the idea of being with Samantha. Nothing else matters to him.

In Green Run, Richtofen does say himself that Maxis intends to save the Earth.

"You will be the hero that has saved all of the Earth... FOR ME TO PLAY WITH!"

Richtofen never states that maxis wants to save the earth....

I didn't make that quote up... Richtofen says it, in Green Run. Check for yourself if you would like :)

I'm not saying you did.... The quote says "You will be the hero to save all of the earth.... FOR ME TO PLAY WITH!" This doesn't mean doing maxis's side will save the earth, it means that richtofen will make the saved earth his play-toy.....

Actually we KNOW maxis is going to destroy the earth to open argotha....

• Administrators

He specifically says "You will be the hero to save all of the Earth" and you don't think that means he will save the Earth? I don'tesn to be rude, but that just confuses me

He specifically says "You will be the hero to save all of the Earth" and you don't think that means he will save the Earth? I don'tesn to be rude, but that just confuses me

Who is "you" in that quote. Is he talking to maxis or is he talking to samuel?If he was talking to samuel then he means samuel will be the hero meaning that samuel will save all of the Earth.

Thats a quote from Richtofen to the N4, And he means you will be the hero SHALL YOU FALLOW RICHTOFEN....

And I'm not being rude, but Im not seeing why you're confused....

In Green Run, Richtofen does say himself that Maxis intends to save the Earth.

"You will be the hero that has saved all of the Earth... FOR ME TO PLAY WITH!"

Tac, seems like you're completely ignoring the second part of the quote there. If rich is the one saying the first half, then follows up with for me to play with, he obviously means, "yes you guys will be heroes because you saved the world from getting blown to bits, but you accept me as god." Which means lo and behold RICH is trying to save the world (albeit the motive is debatable, the result isn't. Lives will be spared.), Maxis on the other side does not.

And to this being the end of richs story, I'll have to disagree. I think doing richs side the next step is gonna be him fighting the "SOMETHING THAT IS FAR MORE TERRIBLE THAN YOU LIES HERE". Remember if rich is supposedly able to become all powerful after this final step why does he have a problem taking over a simple human body? Something on that mediocre level should be Childs play for him now.

If rich is the one saying the first half, then follows up with for me to play with, he obviously means, "yes you guys will be heroes because you saved the world from getting blown to bits, but you accept me as god." Which means lo and behold RICH is trying to save the world (albeit the motive is debatable, the result isn't. Lives will be spared.), Maxis on the other side does not.

You're giving Richtofen way too much credit. When he says heroes that save the world, he's only talking for himself. Like "You'll save the world for me." Richtofen cares just as little about saving lives as Maxis, he just wants to have his tyrannical fun. I doubt he cars about being accepted as a god, he's just a nut getting kicks out of toying with people.

["]

You're giving Richtofen way too much credit. When he says heroes that save the world, he's only talking for himself. Like "You'll save the world for me." Richtofen cares just as little about saving lives as Maxis, he just wants to have his tyrannical fun. I doubt he cars about being accepted as a god, he's just a nut getting kicks out of toying with people.

Which is why I said debatable motive, fact of the matter is lives were spared as opposed to maxis' intention of mass murder.

Fair enough, but what Maxis is doing isn't murder. At least not to him, it's sacrifice.

Then we'd be back at square one with the Kant vs Mill ideas. Kants motive vs Mills action. Good intention vs greatest happiness to the greatest number of people.

• Administrators

Fair enough, but what Maxis is doing isn't murder. At least not to him, it's sacrifice.

As what I've been trying to say elsewhere. It's a matter of perception, killing everyone in the world for your daughter, it's what a father would do. I'd do it for my upcoming unborn child.

It seems as though what we are debating here is if Maxis had intents on saving the Earth, but question is from what. I'm conveying that he was saving them from a tortured life in addition to helping him reclaim Samantha. You're conveying that he had no intentions of saving them in any way, but actually just for the fun of it (or something similar), is that right? Correct me if I'm wrong, I just want to clarify the debate :)

An evil villain destroys the Earth to destroy mankind.

An antihero destroys the Earth to accomplish another goal, while sacrificing mankind.

Maxis' purpose is not destroy mankind, it is a side effect of his ultimate goal. But I look at it like this: it's a world of Hell on Earth with Richtofen, or no Earth at all. Thanks, but you can spare me the misery. That'd be like standing in the line at the DMV, but NEVER moving forward in line. Hell on Earth? Yeah, I'll pass. And if you don't think that Richtofen plans to enslave mankind once he's in full control, well, then you don't know little Eddy that well. ;)

Let me present the situation to you in another way, that most of us could relate to. Your the character in that zombie movie who was just bit. Any zombie movie. Do you take out your pistol and shoot yourself before you're impending doom, or do you take your own life, on your own terms, and decide you own fate.

[tab][/tab]If you're like every character in every movie, you'll end your own life before being changed into a freakbag. The same rules apply here. Do you help Richtofen and cement your place of impending doom in his personal hell, or do you take the other option, help the other guy, and end things on your own terms? (possibly killing the guy that wanted to enslave you in the process)

I'm not saying there won't be some big plot twist on DLC4, that he wants the power to enslave mankind too and wants to rule the world. But as of yet, Maxis has shown no evil intentions. A debatable laugh on Moon is just not enough for me, I base my opinion on Maxis on much more than a select few pieces of information. I need some sort of quote or radio or file or something that proves he has some sort of evil agenda. Something. Anything. Once that material presents itself, I'll open up to the possibility.

Maxis may be selfish and hellbent on saving his daughter and getting revenge on Richtofen, but these things do not make him "evil" (especially when compared to Richtofen's action.

BTW, people really need to stay open about to the possibility that Maxis may not go through with his plan, or that something could occur that could stop him. It's the final DLC on the third zombies installment, and it may even be the conclusion to the current zombie saga, so I'm staying in the "anything can happen" mindframe.