The Culmination of All Easter Eggs for Both Sides

I'm just writing this to get all the information in one place for everyone to look at. Updated.

As you've all noticed, Tranzit and Die Rise are glowing either blue or orange depending on the side. Obviously the color indicates which easter egg you have done, orange is Maxis, Blue is Richtofen. A lot of people have been confused as to why some map icons have a lightning looking effect while others are just glowing. The glow indicates the completion of the easter egg, the lightning bolts indicate having put the appropriate NAV card in the NAV table on that map. The lightning bolts will not appear if a NAV card is in the table but the easter egg is incomplete.

In Buried, in the back of the court house on the first floor there is a dead end room with a box with a series of lights in a 3X4 grid and 3 light bulbs on top of the box. The lights indicate the players' easter egg completion. Each player is a row and the columns are the maps. The 3 light bulbs on top indicate the NAV cards. To open the box all 4 players need to have all of the easter eggs completed for the same side and have NAV cards appropriately inserted. So if you want Maxis then the entire grid needs to light up orange and the light bulbs all need to be lit and if you want Richtofen then all lights need to be blue and the light bulbs need to be lit. When either of those occur the box opens and has a large button. Pressing activates the cumulative easter egg.

Here are Maxis end and Richtofen end videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI9R3yP_L0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKDLIdC5xqM

And now if I'll just throw my two cents in here about these two easter eggs.

For Maxis I'm super intrigued. Maxis is now in control of the aether and he talks about opening the gate to reach Argatha and reunite with Samantha. I assume the gate is the Rift. During the Maxis Journal and a few of his quotes he talks about merging dimensions. I assume he is going to open the Rift completely and combine our dimension with the dimension of Argatha. How that reunites him with Sam I'm not sure. Is she in Argatha? How did she get there?

As for gameplay effects, the only thing is that occasionally Richtofen will spawn as a normal zombie. Every time you kill him, he will guarantee a power-up drop.

Richtofen's is slightly less interesting to me. He gains complete control of the aether. Whoopee. Now Maxis is gone, Samuel and Rich share a body, and I assume Richtofen closed the rift. Not much to say.

However for gameplay, it gives a permanent mule kick that allows 4 guns and gives a permanent fire sale.

However once you activate this cumulative easter egg, it resets all your easter egg progress when the game ends. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zHVMUjLQBM

If you ask me, these two easter eggs are so vastly different that I don't think one more map could properly expand them. I think maybe, just maybe, the next dlc might have two zombies maps, one for each side. But that's more like a dream. What do you guys think?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm more intrigued about is this: What side benefits you the most? I heard doing the Maxis side will NOT give you the permanent perks back, after starting a new game of Buried. But Richtofen's side does, giving you infinite quick revive in a Solo game, 4 weapon slots and infinite Fire Sale?

Can anyone confirm these things for me and tell me not to waste my time doing Maxis side, even though I've already done Maxis EE in TranZit & Die Rise? These were the hardest, too, and you get no reward at all..

What I'm more intrigued about is this: What side benefits you the most? I heard doing the Maxis side will NOT give you the permanent perks back, after starting a new game of Buried. But Richtofen's side does, giving you infinite quick revive in a Solo game, 4 weapon slots and infinite Fire Sale?

Can anyone confirm these things for me and tell me not to waste my time doing Maxis side, even though I've already done Maxis EE in TranZit & Die Rise? These were the hardest, too, and you get no reward at all..

Richtofen's bonuses sound QUITE overpowered. Almost unbelievable. But, eh, guess that's the point of being (practically) god.

My reaction during Richtofen's conversation at the end of his Easter egg.

Saying Maxis is going away "Ah well, shouldn't of tried to backstab us"

Maxis saying that he can't save Samantha "Ah crap"

Saying he can possess any body he wants, particularly Samuels "oh god Ricky! but damn about Samuel"

Hearing Samuels voice after Ed has trouble controlling his body "Awh Samuel!"

Ed saying they'll just have to share ":D this is gonna be good"

It's gonna be hilarious with Samtofen (oh wait that's already happened). Samueltofen? Stutofen? Anyway, it's going to be so funny now. I imagine he won't talk all the time cause he is still the Announcer, but still. This is gonna be great.

Onto Maxis, it looks like he wants to be reunited with Samantha, but I don't understand. What happened between Moon and Buried? How can she not be contacted? It sounded like he was talking with them fine during the Moon EE?

Also looks like Richtofen will be sent back to his body. If Samantha is STILL in it though, will he essentially be doing the same thing he did to Samuel? Except Samantha has more control of his body than himself? Just wow haha. What a great easter egg Treyarch! :)

Two very different endings right here. I have no idea how this will work in the next map or in the future. What if you didn't do any Easter eggs? Perhaps the next map will infact be the O4? But who knows.

I think that in both easter eggs the N4 are going to die. Maxis's side is obvious, he says so himself! In Richtofen's side is not so obvious, but when you go on infinity mode you can actually see yourself dead on Buried, so MAYBE that's the end of the line for them (On Richtofen 's full easter egg he says he can possess any body he wants, so he can go back to his body also whenever he wants to).

Wouldn't be able to say where the O4 are right now, but maybe the next easter egg would be either to stop Maxis from completely destroying Earth or to stop Edward from gaining full control of the Aether (Anything can happen on zombies!)

"To open the box all 4 players need to have all of the easter eggs completed for the same side and have NAV cards appropriately inserted. So if you want Maxis then the entire grid needs to light up orange and the light bulbs all need to be lit and if you want Richtofen then all lights need to be blue and the light bulbs need to be lit. When either of those occur the box opens and has a large button. Pressing activates the cumulative easter egg."

Where did you get this information, or is it just speculation?

As you've all noticed, Tranzit and Die Rise are glowing either blue or orange depending on the side. Obviously the color indicates which easter egg you have done, orange is Maxis, Blue is Richtofen. A lot of people have been confused as to why some map icons have a lightning looking effect while others are just glowing. The glow indicates the completion of the easter egg, the lightning bolts indicate having put the appropriate NAV card in the NAV table on that map. The lightning bolts will not appear if a NAV card is in the table but the easter egg is incomplete.

Are you sure on this?

I have completed both sides of the Transit EE and have blue/orange switching but no lightning yet I put the Buried nav card in the reader(now saying incorrect nav card?) As for Die Rise, I have completed Richtofen side and put nav card in, that shows the lightning around Die Rise symbol

Are you sure on this?

I have completed both sides of the Transit EE and have blue/orange switching but no lightning yet I put the Buried nav card in the reader(now saying incorrect nav card?) As for Die Rise, I have completed Richtofen side and put nav card in, that shows the lightning around Die Rise symbol

I don't think you should have blue and orange switching for green run? Maybe it's glitches and you need to pick a side and redo and your buried nav card will link properly.

i have heard some rumors also about this, i do know for a fact you have to have the whold thing one solid color with all 3 lights up top lit up in order to heard the different ending stories for doing the ee in the first place. However as fart as perment rewards from game to game. i do not yet know... it would be nice however so we do not have to do ever other EE every game in order to keep perks like on moon. Can someone test this stuff out please? Maxis ftw!

Are you sure on this?

I had the same issue. You won't get the pulsing electric / tranmsission beams from your map icon until you put the nav card in successfully. In my case, I had to go BACK into buried and get it's Nav card again, then go back to tranzit on solo and and finally took mine, and updated my map icon.