Analysis of Easter Egg Blueprints

So this thread was a couple days old after the originally trailer first came out. I planned on doing the analysis sooner, but I tend to get caught up in the forums sometimes instead of working on my threads. I wasn't gonna end up posting it, but decided why not, I'll finish up what I had and post it. You guys probably already reached these conclusions, especially after the other two trailers we've gotten, but what the heck I'll post it anyways. Enjoy!

It appears Treyarch has provided us with the steps needed to complete the Easter Egg. Whether this is the full list, and how hard these tasks will be to accomplish, is what should be interesting to see come Tuesday.

My assumption is that these portal will take us back to real life from Purgatory, as the picture depicts a ghost entering the portal. It's also possible the portals might take us to alternate areas in the map.

It appears to be a ADFGX cipher. There's currently a brainstorming session going on between those trying to crack it. Join in on the discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=30667

Medicine Man's Eye

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/eye-of-the-medicine-man-symbol.html

http://www.warpaths2peacepipes.com/native-american-symbols/eye-medicine-man-symbol.htm

Native American Symbols, like the Eye of a Medicine Man symbol, can vary in meaning from one tribe to another and across the culture groups of North America.

The meaning of the Eye of a Medicine Man symbol is a very powerful symbol. A Medicine Man was believed to have magical powers of Spiritual Healing and of seeing into the future. The outer lines of the symbol represents the four corners of the Universe - North, South, East and West of the physical world. The inner lines represent the Spirit world, which the Medicine Man had knowledge of. The centre circle represents the eye of the Medicine Man and his spiritual vision. You can see the rhombus is concentric - with objects sharing the same center. The outer rhombus is symbolic of a larger (cosmic, universal, worldly) network.

For example: The "four corners" of the world, the four winds, the four initial tribes of humankind. The outer rhombus is the MACROcosm, and represents the four-sided structures of the large-scale universe/creation. The inner rhombus is a reflective feature. Because we are talking about BROAD VISION (namely, the eye of the medicine man symbol), we are dealing with themes of metaphysical sight.

A medicine man sees with far greater vision that with just his physical eyes. So, the inner rhombus is symbolic of the interaction between man and his environment. The inner rhombus is the MICROcosm, the inner world.

The dot in the center is the eye, all seeing, all knowing, and observing the play between man, spirit and environment. It's the objective sight of the macrocosm, microcosm and how each is influenced by their interactions. This is a lovely symbolic testiment to the devotion of the medicine man to see this world (and his/her role in it) with clarity and objectivity.

This eye of the medicine man symbol is a statement of spiritual vision - a kind of vision that recognizes the interconnectivity of all things. Their religion was dominated by rituals and belief in a spiritual connection with nature and these beliefs were reflected in the various symbols they used such as the Eye of a Medicine Man symbol.

The author who drew up these plans seems to be having visions of the afterlife. These symbols can also be seen throughout the map.

Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing any ______ work on them.

I believe this could have something to do with it's purpose

This one is kind of hard to make out. If anyone can see what that word is I'd appreciate the feedback. These power units on the walls of the prison may be what turns on the power in the prison for us, or they may be powering something for the EE. The next image depicts a spirit in the Afterlife in front of one of these machines.

As I stated, this states we'll need to power these devices on the walls of the prison through the Afterlife mode at some point. Also, Treyarch stated we'll be experiencing the "Afterlife" mode the second we enter MotD, and will basically be starting in this mode. Perhaps this is suggesting an alternate way to turn on the power. I don't know just brainstorming.

Another puzzle. I haven't read anything about this yet, has anyone made any sense of this? The only thing I noticed was that there are 6 numbers that do not repeat themselves?: 13, 6, 20, 8, 9, 3.

If you convert the numbers to letters in the alphabet, you get MOB OF THE DEAD ABCD .

"I'm not sure what I saw. Some things are best kept to yourself."

What exactly did this prisoner see? The rough sketch looks like a spirit in the Afterlife mode, as it passes in front of the cells. This can also be seen in the trailer:

"This one's different. It's like a moaning scarecrow and there's more of him."

or

"These heaters can get really hot. Shut off this end."

A diagram of a heater that will be used in order to power the makeshift aircraft. A description of the parts for the airplane can be found below.

The image clearly shows the spirit leaving the body after death. It's also important to note that they made an additional image with a zoomed in view of an electrical box. Makes me think there's some sort of significance to this. A cat has nine lives? Hmmm I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Perhaps there is a limit to the amount of times we can be in the afterlife? Again just brainstorming.

"What about the boats? Wait until dark, guard towers can see us."

Blueprints of the plane, and the parts and supplies needed to craft it. Starting from the top right:

[*:3azol8uk]Cloth and prison clothing appear to be acting as the wing structure for the aircraft.
    [*:3azol8uk]Plumping and other pipes are used to help form the frame for the wings.
    [*:3azol8uk]I can't tell what the tank is used for. The plane still needs an engine to spin the propeller, so my assumption would be it's used to fuel the engine?
    [*:3azol8uk]Heaters? WTF? Ok, call me crazy, but it almost looks like these heaters are positioned underneath the cloth wings of the plane, heating the air and giving the aircraft flight (much like a hot air balloon). If this is true, the gas tank above it is most likely the fuel source running the heaters.

It certainly is one interesting prototype aircraft that we'll have to construct, that's for sure.

Things that can fly: birds, insects, balloons, ..., ..., ...

The last three words are illegible, but it seems like he was brainstorming different ideas of what would be able carry them in flight.

I recognized a word:

birds

insects

balloons

???

airplanes

???

Not surprising why airplanes is circled. : P

Not going to work without a propeller

I don't know why, but I have a feeling this propeller may be difficult to find, as it seems like the guys planning this are upset that one is needed.

I think the heaters will be used as propellers. It says that propellers are necessary, and if you look at the top of the heater, it looks like a propeller. Maybe we'll have two under each wing for extra power :)

We got a ramp, but where do we hide it?

Where else would you put the ramp if not on the roof? :lol:

February 26, 1932

Another date being tossed in our face. I've made comments on this date in other threads, so I will post that here:

Onto this date on the note:

In the last day, this new date has been brought to light. February 26, 1932. A few things to keep in mind with this date:

1. This does not give us a date of the map, but merely the date when the plans were made. It's impossible to tell when the date was written on this piece of paper, or how old the plans themselves are. I don't know about you, but I imagine making up such detailed plans to escape a prison takes lots of time, maybe even years. Those doesn't make up for the 1941 date that correlates with the Water Tower seen in the images, but still. My point is the date on the piece of paper is subjective.

But most importantly...

2. Alcatraz was NOT a federal penitentiary in 1932. it wasn't until 1934 that it was opened as a penitentary. So how could an inmate make these blueprints in 1932 if the prison wasn't even opened until 1934. Before 34, it was a military prison, but we know these mobsters we play as wouldn't be in there for military crimes. The dates don't add up.

Also, in the newest Mob of the Dead trailer, a newspaper can be seen that announces Sal's guilty verdict. The date on the paper is June 13 1932, months after the date seen in this journal. Also, a drawn out sentencing trial may have pushed the date even further for when Sal even entered the prison system.

REMEMBER THIS AL DON'T FORGET IT

Al "The Weasel" Arlington

"If you can get past the greasy smile and the feeling that you were being conned out of your very soul, Arlington was your man." — Billy Handsome

So that's what I got outta the whole thing thus far. Some things make sense, others still boggle me. The two puzzles found on this escape plan are what interests me the most. Surely they've got to have some kind of meaning to them. Well, even if you didn't get much new info out of this, I hope you enjoyed the read.

Now, time to finish all these other half finished threads of mine :lol:

Shooter

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post!

Very interesting!

But, I must point out that the numbers grid is a troll by treyarch, and a little joke.

If you convert the numbers to letters in the alphabet, you get MOB OF THE DEAD ABCD .

Seriously man!? Lol... but everything else is awesome!

I'll add that to the post. Thanks.

First off, very good work Shooter! This is extremely detailed and gets just about everything down! However, I refuse to go anywhere near the dates. Sososo confusing.

Secondly, the Boss zombie does sound like a moaning scarecrow. In the Trailer, he screeches like a denizen. To me, that describes the sound.

Next, I can't tell if this was made before or after the zombie outbreak. It says "Guard Tower may see us." Not, "Guards will see us." Maybe guard tower can make zombies sprint? Maybe we would end up like the hanging people? Also, it says "This one's a little different" with the guard zombie. Is it talking about the actual living guard being a psychopath, or the zombie version of him?

Lastly, I think the heaters will be used as propellers. It says that propellers are necessary, and if you look at the top of the heater, it looks like a propeller. Maybe we'll have two under each wing for extra power :)

All around excellent thread. Hopefully this becomes a hot topic before the map is released. It sure does deserve it.

Hey, I went to Google News, and searched Alcatraz between February 26th, 1932 to February 27th, 1932, and found nothing. So, I tried searching "California", to see what happened in the Whole State. I found this: IRVINGTON BANKER ARRESTED IN THEFT; M.A. Cox Is Held in Los Angeles on Charge of Taking $11,800 on Christmas Eve. ANOTHER'S WIFE WITH HIM She Offers to Surrender $8,000 -- Her Husband Is Military Aide to Ohio Governor. It says I have to pay $4 to view the whole article, so... The link is here:http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F50D17F6355B13738DDDAE0A94DA405B828FF1D3

But I searched "Prison", and found this: Al Capone Must Do Prison Term

The charge was cheating the goverment for 200,000. A link is here: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=sNJYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2PQDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2756,6339802&dq=prison&hl=en

I also found that President Hoover had "found a plan" for prisons, I'm thinking prison reforms. Link is here: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=bbpIAAAAIBAJ&sjid=jwENAAAAIBAJ&pg=2253,4812285&dq=prison&hl=en

Oh, and on the 26th, humorist Will Rodgers visited Al Capone in prison.

Also, convicts escaped for the night in Honululu on the 26th.

Holy crap! I typed in German, and found Hitler acquired German Citizenship on that day! They decided not to pay anymore on the Verailles Treaty as well. Also, a battle in Shanghai between Nazis and China occured! https://www.google.com/search?q=Alcatraz&safe=off&hl=en&gl=us&sa=X&ei=X0tqUbmuD6_G4APqsoG4Cw&ved=0CCMQpwUoBg&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3AFebruary+26_2+1932%2Ccd_max%3AFebruary+27_2+1932&tbm=nws#safe=off&hl=en&gl=us&tbs=cdr:1%2Ccd_min%3AFebruary+26_2+1932%2Ccd_max%3AFebruary+27_2+1932&tbm=nws&sclient=psy-ab&q=german&oq=german&gs_l=serp.3..0l4.12535.14442.0.14926.6.4.0.2.2.0.179.479.2j2.4.0...0.0...1c.1.9.psy-ab.3tImX5Igx0E&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=629623b6f53f4721&biw=994&bih=636

There was also an incident in Ohio where gangsters executed 3 people. I swear, this is interesting. Now to try the date you posted on the newspaper in the new trailer.

I tried the June 13th, 1932 date, and when I searched "dead", I found that the Irish President's mother died on this date. Maybe that's why Treyarch posted all of the Irish signs on Twitter?

Also, I searched "Prison", and found that a Gangster named Fred Burke had an associate who was murdered on this date. Fred was actually serving a life sentence though.

That's all I have for ya. Hope it helps man