Leveling/Ranking Strategy

If we're all fairly certain the Zombie rank emblem is reflective of your k/d ratio, then I have a strategy guide for trying to raise this emblem. This is purely what I use in theory. I feel it's a good strategy for what it accomplishes, but leveling, in my eyes, is a bit boring...So I'm not actively doing this. If someone else has success in raising their rank/emblem using this strategy (which I don't see how that wouldn't happen) please share.

1) Solo game of TranZit

2) Shoot each Zombie 6 times in the leg and Knife

3) Build Turbine

4) Leave one zombie unharmed and exit the Bus Depot with the Turbine

5) Check for the Knuckles part, if it's there pick it up

6) Run to Tunnel

7) Purchase M16 when you can afford to and mine points in the Tunnel

8) When you have at least 2750, leave one zombie unharmed and run to Diner

9) Check for Knuckles part in the Shed, if it's there pick it up

10) Open Diner door

11) Buy MP5 (attach Knuckles part if you have it)

12) Collect Dolly for Z-Shield

13) Buy Garage door (box spawn)

14) Assemble Z-Shield and find Car door part to complete assembly

15) Equip Z-Shield

16) Train/horde/kite zombies at Diner (if you have access to Knuckles, purchase ASAP)

17) Continue step 16 until past round 15

18) After round 15, focus on taking the Bus as soon as it arrives

19) Get off the bus after it passes the lava pool and take the shortcut to Town

20) Buy Bank door, frag vault door, deposit, end game

This should yield 300-500 kills, 0 downs, and about 15-20k in the Bank. It only takes about 30-45 minutes. Once my YT is up and running, I'll make a video and edit this post with the link. Hope this helps someone rank up!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're all fairly certain the Zombie rank emblem is reflective of your k/d ratio, then I have a strategy guide for trying to raise this emblem. This is purely what I use in theory. I feel it's a good strategy for what it accomplishes, but leveling, in my eyes, is a bit boring...So I'm not actively doing this. If someone else has success in raising their rank/emblem using this strategy (which I don't see how that wouldn't happen) please share.

1) Solo game of TranZit

2) Shoot each Zombie 6 times in the leg and Knife

3) Build Turbine

4) Leave one zombie unharmed and exit the Bus Depot with the Turbine

5) Check for the Knuckles part, if it's there pick it up

6) Run to Tunnel

7) Purchase M16 when you can afford to and mine points in the Tunnel

8) When you have at least 2750, leave one zombie unharmed and run to Diner

9) Check for Knuckles part in the Shed, if it's there pick it up

10) Open Diner door

11) Buy MP5 (attach Knuckles part if you have it)

12) Collect Dolly for Z-Shield

13) Buy Garage door (box spawn)

14) Assemble Z-Shield and find Car door part to complete assembly

15) Equip Z-Shield

16) Train/horde/kite zombies at Diner (if you have access to Knuckles, purchase ASAP)

17) Continue step 16 until past round 15

18) After round 15, focus on taking the Bus as soon as it arrives

19) Get off the bus after it passes the lava pool and take the shortcut to Town

20) Buy Bank door, frag vault door, deposit, end game

This should yield 300-500 kills, 0 downs, and about 15-20k in the Bank. It only takes about 30-45 minutes. Once my YT is up and running, I'll make a video and edit this post with the link. Hope this helps someone rank up!

if you post the link the thread will probably be moved. so if you want people to see this great strategy don't post the link. just a heads up.

Reason to move this thread was because it deals with strategies. It was locked because there is an almost similar thread like this that talks about Ranking system. Also please report threads if you think they need some action.Be sure to let the staff know why they need to be locked/deleted.

Regards and thanks for helping.

Yes it's a strategy and yes it takes place in GR, but this is not a GR strategy. This is a leveling strategy. I feel it's been misplaced. It certainly doesn't belong in a Ranking System Discussion and Theory thread. It's a strategy with no home, perhaps GR is the most appropriate place, but it's a strategy that anyone focused on ranking up should attempt, therefore it will be missed by many placed here. Hence, I originally placed it in Gen. Discussion because it "did not fit into another section" and that is verbatim the description of Gen. Discussion.

Are we here to help other Slayers or just alienate users with BS technicalities to try and further promote someone's own personal sense of elitism? [/rant]

im not sure....

its technically a strategy written about/for green run, but the strategy is for rank leveling within green run..

if it was an actual strategy for leveling up it would have been worded in a way that pertain's to all maps.

so i can see why wayy2go did what he did.

as it stand's this info. would only help someone playing green run...

heres an all around easy ranking strategy..

- start custom game

- start at round 15

- stop at 50

- rinse and repeat

reason for stopping at 50, the rounds are too long and the zombie's are stronger so it's not exactly time efficient.

you can net 3000+ kills in a very short time doing this.

Town is the best for this strategy considering you can PaP and and get Jugg right aways.

im not sure....

its technically a strategy written about/for green run, but the strategy is for rank leveling within green run..

if it was an actual strategy for leveling up it would have been worded in a way that pertain's to all maps.

so i can see why wayy2go did what he did.

as it stand's this info. would only help someone playing green run...

heres an all around easy ranking strategy..

- start custom game

- start at round 15

- stop at 50

- rinse and repeat

reason for stopping at 50, the rounds are too long and the zombie's are stronger so it's not exactly time efficient.

you can net 3000+ kills in a very short time doing this.

Town is the best for this strategy considering you can PaP and and get Jugg right aways.

the thing is barely anybody looks at green run when they have to go to zombies gamebplay and strategies, then map based discussion, and then green run. they rather just go to general zombies discussion or tranzit discussion. why not put this in tranzit discussion. I have a strategy that was great and opened up numerous possibilities and changed the game on die rise. a lot more people would have saw it if it was in die rise section. but no way2go put it in great leap forward.

unfortunately thats the price of staying organized...

someone has to do it, otherwise it would be really messy and just cause more problem's down the road.

hes just being pro-active about it.

its one of those things where one person get's away with it, and then more users/new users start doing it too and think its okay.. till its unbelievably disorganised..

i dont like speaking for others, but im pretty certain this is why..

and i don think people get the recognition they deserve sometimes, wayy2go specifically...

so id just like to say thanks wayy2go for doing your thing, keeping this site fresh.

if theres one thing ive learned in life for certain... you will never please everyone no matter how hard you try.

p.s, if you have a thread your proud of just link it in your sig. that way it never truly dies! ;)

No worries. I like your attitude, Jinro and you are correct. I went on a rant myself, but not primarily because it was moved. If it had only been moved I would not have reacted with such a rant, but there is more to this story. Because I value this forum and I don't want to be responsible for influencing anyone else's opinions of others here, I won't detail the exact reasons for my rant, but there was more to it than just a simple move. I have formed my own opinion because of this action and I'm currently contemplating the best way to approach it...

unfortunately thats the price of staying organized...

someone has to do it, otherwise it would be really messy and just cause more problem's down the road.

hes just being pro-active about it.

its one of those things where one person get's away with it, and then more users/new users start doing it too and think its okay.. till its unbelievably disorganised..

i dont like speaking for others, but im pretty certain this is why..

and i don think people get the recognition they deserve sometimes, wayy2go specifically...

so id just like to say thanks wayy2go for doing your thing, keeping this site fresh.

if theres one thing ive learned in life for certain... you will never please everyone no matter how hard you try.

p.s, if you have a thread your proud of just link it in your sig. that way it never truly dies! ;)

that is true. it is but why move a thread talking about die rise from the die rise section? why do we even have a second die rise section? or two tranzit sections?

why do we even have a second die rise section? or two tranzit sections?

one is for strategy discussion the other is for map related discussion.

if you have a high round strategy, tranzit bank filling strategy, building early buildables strategy, etc... it would be posted in the strategy section.

map related discussion is for theory's, question's, etc.

Mod's explain this in a sticky'd thread in each section i believe...

why do we even have a second die rise section? or two tranzit sections?

one is for strategy discussion the other is for map related discussion.

if you have a high round strategy, tranzit bank filling strategy, building early buildables strategy, etc... it would be posted in the strategy section.

map related discussion is for theory's, question's, etc.

Mod's explain this in a sticky'd thread in each section i believe...

why have the two so seperate then. put a sub section for strategies under the actual die rise section. no need to have a second sub section pertaining to the same topic halfway across the website.

the sections are confusing everyone agrees

wrt the thread being moved, you should have titled it 'rank up strategy for black ops 2'

then started the content with a link to the ways rank theory thread.

then explained your strategy using green run/tranzit to achieve the target k/d.

in my mind, that would make it general to blops2 although they are very minor changes.

I put this back into General Zombies discussion for BO2 section because this applies to entire BO2 and not just for Green Run. Sorry about the confusion earlier because I wanted to put this under strategies but that place itself is a mess and I did not create that. As Jin pointed I am just trying to keep the site organised. Eternal thanks for PM'ing me.

• Administrators

It's a great strategy that involves raising points for the bank, but I don't really think ending the game purposefully as a strategy to acquire 0 downs is considered "legitimate". Nevertheless, it's not like saying "you should quit if you know you're going to go down". This is actually a nifty little guide that has a few steps I've never bothered to actually think about before. Kudos, friendo. :)

This looks promising! Thanks for this guy. Ima try it out.:D

Edit: Do you know what your K/D has to be to get the Knife/Shotguns? I never found a post for this yet.

it depends on your kills... on average the knife you would need a kd of around 80-125. and for shotguns around 150+. i currently have a 244.5 kd and don't have shotties. but i have 300k kills and thats why

If you haven't already, check out Way2g00's thread HERE...

It has a ton of information about ranking up in BO:2.

Though the ranking system is not 100% verified, the main consensus believes it to be centered around k/d. I personally think your deaths and downs should be added together prior to calculating your k/d ratio, but I digress...

This strategy takes that generally accepted viewpoint and offers a way to have quick games of relatively easy difficulty primarily focused on raising that ratio. At the same time it's a great way to max out your TranZit bank account. I chose TranZit because it's relatively easy and the Z-Shield is a great substitute for Jugg that can be obtained early.

If anyone has strategies for other maps that are similar, please share via steps or a YT video. I'd like to have a strategy for every map eventually and I'll edit the OP with any new guides. Also, if someone has success raising their rank with this guide or any others that follow, please share. How many games did you play before your rank changed? Did you notice any threshholds/milestones for your stats along the way?

P.S.

Thanks way2g00 for moving this again, it's now more accessible and will receive the feedback it should.

Nice guide, Eternal. :3

But I still think that the ranking system is broken and that it has a mind of its own. :lol:

Yes I just recently went to a very high round on die rise which pumped up my kd from a 240 to a 259. and i still don't have my shotties. I think they changed the system a little to make it over a series of games. meaning you would have to do great many times in a row to actually get them. this strategy would still work because you would be getting approximately a 500 kd every game.