Why Should I Look and Research?

Most say that it's a waste of time because its not worth the time. Well most of those people are the first to say that I'm wrong and what proof have they shown me? None because they don't have a factual reason behind their opinion. If no one has shown me that there is no possible way to translate or achieve information out of a subject then how can people expect me to give up on it. This is why I love zombies it's because it makes me think. When some one can prove that a topic is wrong with facts, I will cease my research.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

It's because nobody has the time to research. It's not that hard to read up on some old topics or search new information to make a point. The general consensus, however, feels that their opinion should stand above all and that their logic comes before anyone else's. It's one thing to argue, but it's another thing to debate.

That's the perception of what a theory is.

Don't let anyone stop you in continuing your research.

It's because nobody has the time to research. It's not that hard to read up on some old topics or search new information to make a point. The general consensus, however, feels that their opinion should stand above all and that their logic comes before anyone else's. It's one thing to argue, but it's another thing to debate.

That's the perception of what a theory is.

Don't let anyone stop you in continuing your research.

I agree with you InfestLithium it just gets to me when you're try to figure out something and some one that has never looked into the topic or even give it a shed of thought destroys it.

I don't want to tell a pity story, but I have a child, a full time job, and im attending college. Ive tried hard to figure things out or as they say "go the extra mile." I just wish more people were more open minded or willing to search for new things even if it is far fetched. Don't disregard something because it doesn't make since to you. Disregard it because you along with a group of people came to consensus by debate. I know I may have repeated a few things, but I at least want to be able to voice my opinion before they ignore me.

I would highly recommend all people that are interested in the story to read through all the topics in the Story Disussion. You can learn so many things in which you didn't know.

I lurked CoDz for ages & only just signed up at the end of last year. I think I have read nearly every thread in there as well as all the threads in the old Asylum & Research center. The best way to make an informed opinion or gather your own thoughts is to take in as much info from as many different sources as you can.

It's hard to figure out what to research for the BO2 storyline as the only thing going seems to be 'The Flesh' which I am greatly disappointed in. We have been given most of the story through the same TV's & also the Cutscence, unlike the previous games where there was secrets in many different places.

Read, Read, Read...

Don't let others discourage you my friend. You should never be hesitant to post an idea, even if it seems far stretched or out there. People will criticize no matter how much or how little evidence you provide. People just like to argue their own ideas instead of considering others. Don't let it get to you.

People thought Einstein was crazy for his ideas.

People thought Alpha was crazy when he made a thread about Zombies on the Moon.

Sometimes sounding crazy just means you're right on track.

Because it's about the journey, not the destination.

You can't even imagine how much weird and cool shit I've learned as a result of researching the stuff I've found in the game.

I mean one day you could be playing zombies, and the next your an expert in morse code, WW2 history, and known conspiracy theories.

A video game that tricks you into wanting to learn things. How genius is that!

- Mix

Because it's about the journey, not the destination.

You can't even imagine how much weird and cool shit I've learned as a result of researching the stuff I've found in the game.

I mean one day you could be playing zombies, and the next your an expert in morse code, WW2 history, and known conspiracy theories.

A video game that tricks you into wanting to learn things. How genius is that!

- Mix

That's for sure!! The Flesh post took me places lol

The way I look at it all of this has been left open for many different theories on purpose.

3Arc wants the story to connect with every player individually, so they leave it up to the individual to draw their own conclusions.

Nobodies "theory" is more or less valid than yours.

Just because somebody has 2000 posts and their name is in a special color doesn't give them the right to cannonize any story elements outside of what has been specifically spelled out by 3Arc.

I have my own ideas about the storyline, some of which directly refutes some of the more popular held theories on the site, but concensus does not equal cannon so I can believe what I want.

As far as being "shot down" yes that happens alot, especially from senior members who are very biased towards their own theories.

That is why I don't post in the Asylum, it seems way too focused on confirming already held beliefs, rather than forming new ones.

Either way keep doing what you do.

Make the story your own if you can convince a few people to look at it differently then consider that a win.

Don't get caught up on "Being Right" because there is no right.