Paris Catacombs + Buried Theory With Evidence!

Spartica4Real

Hi guys! First major theory here.. and let me tell you.. it's a big one.

xUZJ7e-1RP4

As you can see in that video from imChuckyFTW the code in Die Rise states they key word "buried". Now, in TranZit, he posted another video that showed in TranZit's code it said "high rise", and then the next map was Die Rise. So, this does not mean it will be the name of the map, however a key word, or something close to the map name.

Plagued By Remains of People:

"the ossuary holds the remains of about six million people and fills a renovated section of caverns and tunnels that are the remains of Paris's stone mines."

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Paris

How this could fit into the zombies storyline would be the fact that 115 was exposed throughout the catacombs, therefore reanimating the corpses, into.. zombies.

Some people say this is a Watt Steam Engine..but, I'm going to prove that wrong by a video I post by MrRoflWaffles later. It is a handle for a door in a bunker.

hls7rvR6rO4

Der Riese Images:

These images were in the Black Ops 1 version of Der Riese I know for sure, but I do not know if it was in the World at War version. As you can see, there are images of zombies in Paris,and that's really just it. It just lets you know, there is something about Paris...

K6Jeo3Cikvw

I am using a lot of imChuckyFTW videos, because he has the best ones on this in my opinion. As you can see in the video, back in TranZit, they said we must link 3 spires, we have linked 2, Die Rise & TranZit. Well, if you go to Paris/Eiffel Tower and connect it to Shanghai & Green Run, it forms a triangle. A triangle of towers/spires. Which could create some energy field over that water area, which could also mean map pack 3 is UNDERWATER! This theory could prove two maps in one image, Paris Catacombs & Atlantis/Bermuda Triangle. You also see the path he traced out between the catacombs & the Eiffel Tower, which could be the map. You start off underground in the catacombs, and then you come out above ground and can connect the Eiffel Tower to the other 2 spires!

The Moon code revealed the map was originally planned to be Paris. They of course decided to go with Moon. This reveals that Paris will either be a map in BO2, or was scrapped. And, I doubt such an awesome idea like Paris was scrapped. And, now with the towers/spires Paris fits even more into it, activating the Eiffel Tower.

z1ijNfufp3s

This great video by a fellow member MrRoflWaffles explains a conspiracy that happened inside of the catacombs, where an explorer who was exploring the catacombs disappeared. It also explains about how Paris was going to be a map in BO1. That "the catacombs are a gateway to hell" according to people who have explored it. Sounds a lot like zombies doesn't it?

Nazi & French Resistance.

"During World War II the catacombs were used by members of the French Resistance as a secret headquarters, in addition they were also used by German soldiers, who built a bunker under a high school to get more Nazi hold on Paris. There are many smaller rooms dotted around the bunker too, seperated by rusty iron gates and HUGE ROUND HANDLES (die rise loading screen anyone?), with a bit of rubble."

I want you to pause that video by MrRoflWaffles at 6:28.. what does that look like? LIKE THE THING REVEALING THE NEXT MAP IN THE DIE RISE LOADING SCREEN! And, how are rusty iron gates relevant? At the end of Die Rise, when you die, what do you hear closing? Idk.. umm, RUSTY IRON GATES?!

Around 9:30 he starts explaining a tomb for the undead that is also in the catacombs. What could this mean? Mummy Zombies? Aroung 11:25 he starts talking about a man, La Pamrehlle, there is obviously something special about him since he is singled out from everything else in the catacombs.. could this be the man that was outlined in the Die Rise comic? Or was that a coincidence? Or am I looking to far into this? ;) At 12:00-ish he starts talking about how the man was able to walk through walls apparently, and how that could tie in the Easter Egg and you may be able to walk through walls. Interesting.

Huge thanks goes to imChuckyFTW & MrRoflWaffles for their amazing videos helping me form this theory, and PINNAZ for inspiring me to make a long ass theory. oM Blitz, I think this can help support your Atlantis/Bermuda Triangle theory, and I think w are just unraveling the zombie mystery...

Go easy on me guys.. I'm new here. :p

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously,for a new member,gerat theory dude.You could have explained things a little bit more,but it's great!

Also,about Paris,I'm with you.It will be the next map.I believe in the possibilities of a underwater map,but only for Map Pack 3.Well,I really think that the next map will be Paris because of the choice to side with Richtofen or Maxis,like,maybe when you choose your side on Paris,It will be your DEFINITIVE side,you would'nt have the chance to trade anymore.So the only thing that would remain would be complete the plan of your "mentor",taking his enemy down and seeing the end of this "season" on Map Pack 4.

Keep up the great work!

Also sorry for my bad english,I'm brazilian.

Seriously,for a new member,gerat theory dude.You could have explained things a little bit more,but it's great!

Also,about Paris,I'm with you.It will be the next map.I believe in the possibilities of a underwater map,but only for Map Pack 3.Well,I really think that the next map will be Paris because of the choice to side with Richtofen or Maxis,like,maybe when you choose your side on Paris,It will be your DEFINITIVE side,you would'nt have the chance to trade anymore.So the only thing that would remain would be complete the plan of your "mentor",taking his enemy down and seeing the end of this "season" on Map Pack 4.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks! I'll edit my post going into more detail soon, I was just searching youtube to see if the new map pack had been revealed yet & imChuckyFTW's video came up, and I started watching all of them & putting a little theory together.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks! I'll edit my post going into more detail soon, I was just searching youtube to see if the new map pack had been revealed yet & imChuckyFTW's video came up, and I started watching all of them & putting a little theory together.

That's fine dude!If I know of any "proof" about Paris being the next map,I'll let you know!

Keep up the great work!

That's fine dude!If I know of any "proof" about Paris being the next map,I'll let you know!

Thanks, dude. I'm off to watch more videos on this/research it.

"During World War II the catacombs were used by members of the French Resistance as a secret headquarters, in addition they were also used by German soldiers, who built a bunker under a high school to get more Nazi hold on Paris. There are many smaller rooms dotted around the bunker too, seperated by rusty iron gates and huge round handles.

When you die and in Die Rise and you hear someone walking and a rusty gate closing.

Relates as fuck

"During World War II the catacombs were used by members of the French Resistance as a secret headquarters, in addition they were also used by German soldiers, who built a bunker under a high school to get more Nazi hold on Paris. There are many smaller rooms dotted around the bunker too, seperated by rusty iron gates and huge round handles.

When you die and in Die Rise and you hear someone walking and a rusty gate closing.

Relates as fuck

I didn't even think of that.. that is amazing.

I think we have found our next map..

It does make a lot of sense. The only thing I disagree with on it is "Buried" being in the files. Couldn't that be Turned? I know if you look on ELITE they call Turned "Cleansed" for some reason. Plus, I don't know about them already having the gamemode on there again. Couldn't we have seen highrise before because there was an update that installed the Die Rise leaderboards? Besides that, very great job for one of your initial posts! :D

It does make a lot of sense. The only thing I disagree with on it is "Buried" being in the files. Couldn't that be Turned? I know if you look on ELITE they call Turned "Cleansed" for some reason. Plus, I don't know about them already having the gamemode on there again. Couldn't we have seen highrise before because there was an update that installed the Die Rise leaderboards? Besides that, very great job for one of your initial posts! :D

If you watched the video/payed attention to it, you would have noticed he said in the TranZit code they had they keyword "high_rise", and now in Die Rise's code they have a key word "buried". The former came out to be true, why wouldn't the latter?

Also, thanks for the comment & feedback!

If you watched the video/payed attention to it, you would have noticed he said in the TranZit code they had they keyword "high_rise", and now in Die Rise's code they have a key word "buried". The former came out to be true, why wouldn't the latter?

Sorry friend, my bad. I'm actually subbed to Chucky and have seen the video. I just assumed that the caption you put for it was only a summary. At about 0:35 on the video I thought he was saying that the "high_rise" code was on Die Rise, not TranZit. I'll have to try and find the other vid. :)

Sorry friend, my bad. I'm actually subbed to Chucky and have seen the video. I just assumed that the caption you put for it was only a summary. At about 0:35 on the video I thought he was saying that the "high_rise" code was on Die Rise, not TranZit. I'll have to try and find the other vid. :)

No worries, just a slight confusion. :)

• Administrators

While the theory of Paris as a potential zombie map has been tossed around several times over the years, I do really enjoy this one very much. Concise details linking not just from World at War, but externally using other theories by others to be segmented into your own as well as using historical context to further bolster your ideas.

Friendos, this is what a topic in the Asylum is supposed to look like.

What really garnered my attention was the point about the bunkers in the catacombs (aside the large font :lol: ). When I think really hard about the outro of a Die Rise match, it sounds awfully similar to said bunkers as you stated.

oWMf2tLpxBI

0:12-0:19

The hollowness of the sounds make it seem like someone is walking through a corridor that is completely deserted. Echoes are evident; it would make much sense for them to be heard in an area that is expansive, isolated, and possible underground. Rustling of chains and a door do indeed further support this.

Great research done here. +1 :)

While the theory of Paris as a potential zombie map has been tossed around several times over the years, I do really enjoy this one very much. Concise details linking not just from World at War, but externally using other theories by others to be segmented into your own as well as using historical context to further bolster your ideas.

Friendos, this is what a topic in the Asylum is supposed to look like.

What really garnered my attention was the point about the bunkers in the catacombs (aside the large font :lol: ). When I think really hard about the outro of a Die Rise match, it sounds awfully similar to said bunkers as you stated.

oWMf2tLpxBI

0:12-0:19

The hollowness of the sounds make it seem like someone is walking through a corridor that is completely deserted. Echoes are evident; it would make much sense for them to be heard in an area that is expansive, isolated, and possible underground. Rustling of chains and a door do indeed further support this.

Great research done here. +1 :)

Thanks a ton. I also saw a petition somewhere for the Asylum about newbies posting one sentenced things here, I don't find it that hard to understand. ;-; It's for theories, no? Not one sentence things... I guess I'm a smart newbie. ;)

Well, yeah thanks, and when bobane pointed out the ending sound of Die Rise to further support this, it made it even crazier.

Just as an alternative way of looking at all the information what if the next map is in Antartica? If we're assuming we're forming a triangle out of these 3 towers then we're going to be ending up with a rather skewed triangle if we're going to France next and the centre of it by my reckoning might just make it into the mediterranian sea but I'm not convinved. A triangle using Antartica as one of the points could put us in any of 3 oceans.

Further more l GRILL l made some really great points (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=27081) about Lake Vostok being connected to the zombies story aswell as pointing to another nazi conspiracy about the nazis having created an underground base, connecting it to the buried code we saw in the map.

Personally though I believe that Lake Vostok was were we explored in Call of the Dead and so we're not going to be going back there.

In my honest opinion I think Rickety Cricket was dead on with his idea that the next map will be in Britain (viewtopic.php?f=103&t=29310&p=284880&hilit=britain#p284880). Some really great points are made in the post but probably the most significant is the link in Jimmy Z's twitter bio (https://twitter.com/ZielinskiJimmy) first link under the comment about zombies, which points towards the Watt Steam Engine which happens to look an awful lot like the image in the corner of the Die Rise comic. This would mean we would be talking industrial revolution and so the references to 'buried' in the code would be to the mining that was undergone during the IR. Less convinced about any triangle that would be formed out of this but it's no worse than one created by the next map being Paris.

Anyway, just wanted to put forward some different ideas.

Just as an alternative way of looking at all the information what if the next map is in Antartica? If we're assuming we're forming a triangle out of these 3 towers then we're going to be ending up with a rather skewed triangle if we're going to France next and the centre of it by my reckoning might just make it into the mediterranian sea but I'm not convinved. A triangle using Antartica as one of the points could put us in any of 3 oceans.

Further more l GRILL l made some really great points (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=27081) about Lake Vostok being connected to the zombies story aswell as pointing to another nazi conspiracy about the nazis having created an underground base, connecting it to the buried code we saw in the map.

Personally though I believe that Lake Vostok was were we explored in Call of the Dead and so we're not going to be going back there.

In my honest opinion I think Rickety Cricket was dead on with his idea that the next map will be in Britain (viewtopic.php?f=103&t=29310&p=284880&hilit=britain#p284880). Some really great points are made in the post but probably the most significant is the link in Jimmy Z's twitter bio (https://twitter.com/ZielinskiJimmy) first link under the comment about zombies, which points towards the Watt Steam Engine which happens to look an awful lot like the image in the corner of the Die Rise comic. This would mean we would be talking industrial revolution and so the references to 'buried' in the code would be to the mining that was undergone during the IR. Less convinced about any triangle that would be formed out of this but it's no worse than one created by the next map being Paris.

Anyway, just wanted to put forward some different ideas.

I already read those threads. GRILL thinks it's Antarctica, Cricket thinks it's Britain, I think it's the Parisian Catacombs. We'll see who's right by the end of the month I guess. ;)

But, IMO, that is not a Watt Steam Engine. It looks way too small with way too little of those spokes. If you paused the video where I said (the MrRoflWaffles one) and you look on that door that is in the Parisian Catacombs, the handle used to open it looks exactly like the thing in the Die Rise comic. There is also a lot more hints towards Paris IMO, then there is Britain, or espescially Antarctica. Did you ever think Jimmy might have put that in his bio to throw us off? He IS really crazy... and it sounds like a Jimmy thing to do.

Nice. I would say check out darkjolteon's thread which he made mid-late 2011 about the Parisian Catacombs, but it appears to have been deleted when the Asylum was deleted. Go figure. But I believe it was what inspired Waffles to make his video anyway, so I guess you could use that as a substitute.

No doubt Paris will have to be a level in the future. Whether that's the Eiffel Tower or the Catacombs? I guess we'll see. But if we do get the Catacombs, I imagine there would be a secret 935 base there from ages ago, or would be some sort of camp/base for The Flesh.

First of all great effort writing a great thread like this. Good stuff & keep posting.

I found Dark Jolten's original Catacombs thread. I'm pretty sure MrRoflWaffles wrote somewhere in there that he was going to make a video based on this thread & that's how you have come to watch his video.

Dark Jolten's - Paris, The Catacombs & the Gateway to Hell

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?9147-Paris-the-Catacombs-and-the-Gateway-to-Hell

Also, you can find the CoDz Asylum & Research center links in the Site News forum

Good work once again, keep 'em coming

Just to reiterate the things people above me have said, I've actually made a pretty huge thread about this too. It's awesome other people come up with the same ideas :D Check it out here http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/vBulle ... ay-to-Hell

The video posted by MrRoflWaffles is very closely linked to this theory so I'm sure you will be interested!

It's such an old thread that I never really came back to update it after the release of Black Ops 2, but I DID however upload an updatory theory to my YouTube channel. I've also posted the original theory to it. You can watch them below:

The original theory:

Jr5WlhhpQ-g

The updated theory:

mXqUMd_o2bM

The first video was my first ever YouTube video so it's pretty freaking terrible, but it has all the information of my original theory. The second is much better as it was uploaded only 4 months ago, and basically ties in the idea of TranZit with the Catacombs theory. It's a little outdated since the release of Die Rise, but my channel doesn't upload Call of Duty anymore so I never really got round to updating the theory after its release... One day I will do that in the form of a thread, but right now time is a little thin on the ground to do so XD

Anyways, I really like your theories and this thread in general is very well put together. I'm gonna be very forward here and offer a hand out to you. I would love to chat about all this sometime with you. Y'know, put two heads together in a collaboration to turn what is essentially two brilliant theories into one SUPERDOOPERAWESOMEEPIC theory. I think given we are both very interested in the idea of the Parisian Catacombs theory and clearly we both have a decent amount on knowledge on the matter, it seems logical for us to come together and put together the best thread possible. Who knows? Maybe it will be as good as an AlphaSnake theory :shock:

Let me know what you think of my theories, and if you are interested in a collaboration some day :)

-Jolteon