Red Insta-kill Help

So, I'm aware that this exists. I've watched videos about it. It's my understanding that if you pick up an Insta-kill and don't kill a single zombie nor get hit by a single zombie, the next time you pick up an Insta-kill you'll have the perk and then you don't even have to attack to kill them, just run into them.

I have attempted this several times and never received the perk. Most of these attempts were with more people that were mercilessly killing during the Insta-kill, but I didn't think what the other players did during the power-up would affect your ability to gain it. I also tried once while Solo and again did not receive the Red IK.

Am I missing something? The two pre-requisites that I'm aware of were fulfilled everytime I made the attempt. I didn't kill a single zombie for the duration of the IK, nor did I take a single hit from a zombie. Are those the actual pre-requisites or is there more to it?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

It make take a few times before it actually happens. When you grab the Insta-Kill, I'd strongly suggest to stay in an open area where you are unlikely to even be touched by zombies. Wait until the icon fully disappears, and resume killing.

Around the second time of picking up the Insta-Kill, there's a small chance that you will receive the Red Insta-Kill. If not, just repeat the first step until you get it. That drop/skill takes a few amount of tries, so don't get too discouraged if you don't obtain it on the first try. :)

This happened to me quite few times. I didn't get red insta even after doing all the things required. I did however got it before like 2 - 3 times. I think if we take hits or go down may during insta kill it might be affected. Just a guess. But yea, I had problems getting red insta in past dude.

OP, Did you ever get it before?

Exactly. I'm an achievment whore and although I don't get an achievement for obtaining the perma-perks through Gamerscore, I still want to obtain it for my own personal sense of achievment. So far, it's the only one the has eluded me. (not counting the controversial cash back, which is still a mystery to many others)

Exactly. I'm an achievment whore and although I don't get an achievement for obtaining the perma-perks through Gamerscore, I still want to obtain it for my own personal sense of achievment. So far, it's the only one the has eluded me. (not counting the controversial cash back, which is still a mystery to many others)

I just got this yesterday. But you are right, its very random and you have to keep trying. Check out that main cash back thread to see How I got it.

Couple of things I've noticed over time, first off I believe it's no damage can be dealt nor any damage dealt to the player. Meaning even lava and falls negate it, I usually run circles at farm when I get it back to back and it's a lot easier to avoid lava out front.

Another thing I've noticed is I've lost it twice now 2 seconds after it activates. Both times at farm, get the red insta killa then 2 secs its gone permanently till I've done the dance again. What's strange is both times there were zero zombies around, end of a round and I had none left. I thought it was just something I missed the first time, second time I'm thinking its like not reviving, you lose that persistent perk if its not used.

I haven't played in ages but I have received it a few times in both solo & co-op, TranZit & Die Rise.

You have to be the one to pick up the insta-kill & not kill a single freak bag.

You have to pick up the next insta-kill for the additional Red icon to appear.

(that's all I did anyway)

I did not realise about the 'take no damage' theory. (I never noticed if this affected it)

My experience was before the 'Squilifier Nerf patch' update & I haven't tried it since.

Sounds like this feature got bumped aswell.