High Round Strategies on Tranzit after patch? (40+)

What's the best way to get to high rounds on Tranzit now that the Jet Gun has been patched? I have been running Skullcrusher and Mustangs in the Tunnel, which is pretty safe area to train. However, it is a pretty slow process, and recovering from a down takes quite a bit of time, and it's risky as well.

If any of you guys are still playing Tranzit, share your current high round strategies!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone else does it or if it's very common, but once i get one good weapon (preferably ray gun), Juggernog, Speed Cola and Stamin Up, i usually empty one of my weapons, then grab the MP5 on the dinner and start running in circles around the lava (of course i got the zombie shield) i've made it to round 30 even if the rest of my team mates were downed in other stations, its kinda boring but at least you stay alive like that.

I set myself up, get a Ray and a Mustang. Then I go to the farm with the gate closed, so it's going at accurate speed.

The reason I use the mentioned guns is, they are not dependent of double tap, which you can't access.

Once out of ammo (approx 45), I open the gate and use the fridge gun. Now that we can use the Head Popper and Double Tap, I rather switch to bullet guns (Galil or Hammer), might do it for another 5-10 rounds up to approx 55, although some Jet Gun support is already needed.

Once in 55+ (never been patient enough so far), I would probably switch back to a M&S / Ray Combo. With those, I'd make some crawlers, then use the knifing Jet Gun trick for them. This is quite safe and easy to do. I would probably still do it at the farm, cause I just think it's the safest spot. The bridge as one of the slowest spots could also be interesting, since you wanna have time to kill the crawlers. I don't know ;) Would require a lil test to find out.

I think I wouldn't use a wallgun, but if I did, it would be the M16 and a running spot in the tunnel.

Once the Ray is not making crawlers quickly anymore, well I'd just use the Jetty only with the knifing trick at the farm again. As good as possible ;)

Interesting strategy! I've seen pros running the farm area before, never thought of doing it myself. I guess the spawns are just super fast there. Couple questions though:

1. What weapon do you keep in the fridge? Just Galil/HAMR/RPD?

2. Is the Jet Gun still usable after patch? I figured the cooldown time was too much for it to be viable.

3. How do you recover from a down? I used to train in Town because I could just grab Jug and Stamin-up and finish the Round, then get my other perks back. I was having trouble with this at Tunnel as well.

i run in farm cause its easy, probably fast too, but easy. the front area is so wide open you can run big easy loops.

1. i would prefer a Hamr in the frige.

2. i don't use the jet gun, im not a pro either.

3. i suppose get through your round, leave 3 or 4 walkers unharmed, loop the map and get set back up with a zombie on a window maybe, and return to farm.

For me, Since the Patch instead of running at farm like I used to. Now I run in the Town. The reason for this is because I have the Electric Trap & the Jet Gun & I simply use the Re-Grab method on the Jet Gun. It's by far the fastest strat that I know of on TranZit even before the Patch.

You group them all up (Zombies), Take them into the Bar & unload the Jet Gun at the top of the stairs. Group them up again & grab the Electric Trap, while letting the Zombies break the Jet Gun then grab a new one & Rinse & Repeat. The good thing about this is if you go down, Jugg & Stamin-Up are right there, as well as the Bank.

As far as weapons I use either M&S & RayGun or alot of times the Chicom CQB (Fridge) simply because its mobility is far more superior than anything else.

i havent really had super high rounds but on my good games i uaually train in tunnel with any weapons untill about round 20-25 then i go for good weapons/upgraded ones usually buy double tap around then since the headshot earnable starts to get a little weak if you dont have a good gun around then. after that i usually just go back to tunnel and train only made it to like 20some solo but i usually run out of time or its late at night...i can't play as much as i'd like to because i have a son :)

edit:erg hopefully this doesnt count as a double post -.- gonna try for a 40+ round tonight wish me luck!

You group them all up (Zombies), Take them into the Bar & unload the Jet Gun at the top of the stairs. Group them up again & grab the Electric Trap, while letting the Zombies break the Jet Gun then grab a new one & Rinse & Repeat

This is easily the best strategy to use now since the patch. Great method, and perfect placement for Jug & Stamina, should anything go wrong. Bravo.

1. Pros dont buy quick revive

2. Skullcrusher

3. HEADSHOTS

4. EMP

5. 50+ Claymores, Semtex, Mustang sally

6. DSR HEADSHOTS

You will never run out of ammo, and killing them at 60+ is still fast if you weaken with explosives then headshot the train.

EX. round 50+ DSR and Mustang and sally with skullcrusher in the fridge. Shoot one sally at the train. then headshot them all down. Repeat.

DSR and Skull crusher: Shoot 3 nade's at the train then headshot them all down with skullcrusher or DSR.

Usualy i use Skullcrusher and 2 DSR's. when both of my DSR's are out of ammo. i leave the farm and run the tunnel till i get a max ammo. i then grab my empty dsr and run the tunnel till i get another max ammo. then i go back to the farm till both my dsr's are empty. Repeat.

Same goes with Mustang and sally but a little bit different killing stragities.

I'm trying to figure out an effective way to use the electric trap for high rounds.

It might be a lot more viable if turbines didn't break so quickly. The turbine's weakness makes it almost necessary to use the electric trap near the bus depot, or at least so it seems.

I'm going to try to make a good electric trap strategy one of these days, and if it works, I'll post it to Youtube. I already have some ideas, but I'll need to put them into effect first.

I thought you have to rebuild buildables after you take 4 of them? or am I wrong?

Nope. All buildables remain at their tables for collection. The Jetgun is the only buildable that requires rebuilding in Tranzit, and that is only if it explodes.

That's pretty cool! Two questions though:

1) At what point does the meter have to be at for the Jet Gun to explode? Is it the beginning or end of the "red section"?

2) When you swap your electric trap for the Jet Gun, won't zombies attack and destroy the electric trap?