Marlton Gersch perhaps?

Hey all!

This is something I haven't really got much to say about but I will say what I can on the topic! :)

I think that Marlton may be a descendant of Gersch (or may actually be him himself.)

My evidence: Gersch was trapped inside of the Casimir Mechanism and upon freeing him it is unknown what happens to him. Gersch had the intellect to create the Gersch device thus logically implying that he is a superior mind.

When Ascension was realeased there was a dispute about what was on the loading screen, I think that this is Gersch/Marlton working on the device on the left and on the right him being teleported somewhere (Nuketown maybe?) or the Casmir Mechanism.

If we look closely at the left hand side we can see that the figure is wearing some kind of white shirt or lab coat that is relatively loose which would match Marltons shirt. Both characters also wear the same style of glasses and I'm not sure if it's just a shadow but on the bottom of the characters face on the right it looks like they have a bit of a beard.

Another thing I can notice is that the technical drawings kind of look like an aerial view of the power room in TranZit.

Maybe after being from the Casimir Mechanism Gersch was bought to earth and took on a new identity, keeping his technologically brilliant mind which would also explain Marltons various comments on actions in TranZit, an example of this would be is if he pulls the SMR from the mystery box he says something about ripping it apart to make a better weapon (Source: NGTZombies if I remember correctly?)

(The loading screen is a screen shot from the iPad version of the game by the way.)

Update: An explanation of how Gersch could have reached earth to take on the identity of Marlton is he used the wrist watch to teleport or time travel perhaps.

What do you guys think? Or is it just coincidence.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another update: According to CoD Wikia Gersch is still alive but his whereabouts is unknown

Careful with the CoD Wiki. It's pretty inaccurate and not a good source.

Seems pretty out there IMO. I was under the impression that after we released Gersch from Aether, his soul (the white orb) can be seen ascending into the heavens.

• Administrators

Another update: According to CoD Wikia Gersch is still alive but his whereabouts is unknown

Careful with the CoD Wiki. It's pretty inaccurate and not a good source.

Seems pretty out there IMO. I was under the impression that after we released Gersch from Aether, his soul (the white orb) can be seen ascending into the heavens.

Likewise, I don't know where his body is so that may very well be out and about but I think that his soul is in a higher place. I think his body is in Aether, personally, but I can't prove that obviously.

No. In the description for Nuketown on the Season Pass page on callofduty.com, it gives a brief description of Nuketown, which says something on the lines of: "A group of radiation scientists are attacked by zombies turned by element 115 in the nearby area. After losing touch with Area 51 and receiving distress calls from a nearby site, the CIA and CDC are sent in." This is some pretty good evidence that Marlton was a scientist at Area 51, and Gersch has a definite Russian accent.

• Administrators

No. In the description for Nuketown on the Season Pass page on callofduty.com, it gives a brief description of Nuketown, which says something on the lines of: "A group of radiation scientists are attacked by zombies turned by element 115 in the nearby area. After losing touch with Area 51 and receiving distress calls from a nearby site, the CIA and CDC are sent in." This is some pretty good evidence that Marlton was a scientist at Area 51, and Gersch has a definite Russian accent.

The radiation scientists are the zombies in hazmat suits on the map, and CIA and CDC are obviously who we play as. Marlton was not one of those two, I don't believe.

• 2 weeks later...