Thread of thoughts- Zombie mechanics & Crawlers...

bbobs2

I've finally brought myself the season pass today after debating whether to for weeks, I finally got the money out the bank ;) and went to Game brought a voucher and downloaded it before I could change my own mind!

So now I'm officially excited for Die Rise as I know I'm getting it here is a thread of thoughts!

Firstly TranZit was a game mode in the COD zombies mode to feature jumping/climbing zombies (Der Riese also featured zombies jumping down from platforms). We have a vertical layout in Die Rise SO what if the zombies can jump between shafts and cause havoc! This would mean no camping on the end of shafts and would bring strategy too, should I jump or should I stay?

With this in mind this could also bring the return of the Nova 6 crawlers!!! (don't all cheer at once guys!) Imagine them crawling down the walls of the open shafts, waiting to pounce on your face bring a new mechanic similar to the denizens or just be there to annoy you :twisted:

Small corridors mean closer encounters but 50 foot drops mean death, if you don't plan out your strategy quickly you may be overrun or take the plunge... this map could be all about risks & luck, will that walkway be there when I get there? Or will the whole map move... meaning you have no idea where you are & your world turns upside down (literally!).

Hopefully you've liked my little thread on mechanics & other thoughts within the game, taking what we know & changing it up!

See you when I see you!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1. TranZit is the game mode, Green Run is the map. :P

2. Jumping zombies were introduced in Der Riese.

1) :lol: After being one of the guys to bang on about TranZit being a game mode I completely forgot :lol: Thanks for mentioning I'll change it!

2) I forgot about Der Riese too :roll:

But i wanted to say.... give me your bank and your personal information, please :3

:lol: No chance... but nice try though! ;)

Good post bbobs2.

I wonder what game mechanics 3arc are going to through at us with all these elevator shafts & confusing map imagery?

One thing I think may happen, if you notice on the Zombie in the DLC banner, he has grenade within his ammo belt. I wonder if these may explode? possibly the same type of mechanic like the exploding zombies that are in fire in the Green Run map?

We have seen consistent "evolution" with the zombies mechanics. From the zombies falling off the roof in Kino to rolling and side stepping in ascension, to slowing down in water on COTD, and no gravity and teleporting nova crawler.

Treyarch does a pretty good job of changing it slightly to make it fresh, but not too dramatic to lose taste. I have complete faith in their future developments.