The Next Step

SlashRacer

you know your probably right. He's paused the game right at this point and it maybe just the residual effect from the original two beams. perhaps this video is a bit deceiving.

Exactly! Much like Spider's... you see him activating 4 beams, but never see the 4 running together later in the game.

I do not think it is coincidence that I have done it so many times and never had more than 2 beams running!?

Though, it is strange that, when I did the Maxis ToB in solo, it only required 1 turbine under 1 lamp to work at the end!?!

How did you get enough power under the Pylon to do it in Solo, I tried But my turbine wasn't enough. He kept telling me I Needed more power. Everytime I tried to do the Duping of the Turbine when I grabbed another one that one disappeared.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The electrical tower itself would be the spire that he means most likely.

Has anyone tried turning the power on at that point?

On the church spire: i once threw a semtex at the highest window of the church as i ran to town from diner; the semtex went up, hit the window and then was either stuck to me or a denizen that jumped on me. I survived the blast, but that was weird: i saw the semtex go up and hit the window, then it was next to me/on me. Probably just a glitch, but i thought i would mention it.

What about the sparkles around the traffic light or spire/electrical suspension tower? Do the beams pass through them at any time while setting up the teleporters?

To be honest it doesn’t even seem like we need 4 posts for maxis at all.

I believe this is the quote you get after killing the electric zombie under the pylon,

“You have done well but we need yet more energy. This is but the tip of what needs three sides. Now create the trichotomous System.”

If the pylon is the first part then we only need two more to complete the trichotomous system, but he says the pylon is the tip of which needs three sides so this leads me to believe we need three posts connected and the pylon acts of some kind of central node. I'm not sure if its even possible to connect three posts, I dont think so. if this is not the correct quote after killing him then pls correct me im having trouble remembering right now.

What I don’t understand is why I get these quotes when I place a turbine at a lamp post before killing the electric zombie (EZ).

"Excellent, you have activated the 2 obtuse vertices of the scalene triangle; quickly complete the tertiary node". After placing a turbine at a lamp post, before killing the EZ.

“You have done well. Now activate the Spires, power. Are you circumcised? Oh hold on.” I have also got this one placing turbines at the pylon before killing the EZ.

“That is but one of the required 3 points to complete design.” Not 100% sure about this one. I’m pretty sure I received this one before killing the EZ under the pylon while placing a turbine at a lamp post.

Are we supposed to be activating these posts before we kill the EZ? This is the quote that makes me think this

“Ah, your power supplies are drained, now start again. Portable power devices are running out. You will have to redo a step, hurry! You have let power to drain below acceptable levels. Return to the previous locations.” Quote received when turbines are dying. I have also received this when the turbines where still going strong.

When you do the maxis side do you normally complete this tertiary node before killing the EZ?

I know you don’t have to. You will still receive the achievement without activating any lamp posts before killing the EZ. I just wonder why he tells us we have to redo a step and return to previous locations. Is it the nodes or the obtuse vertices of the scalene triangle that are losing power?

you know your probably right. He's paused the game right at this point and it maybe just the residual effect from the original two beams. perhaps this video is a bit deceiving.

Exactly! Much like Spider's... you see him activating 4 beams, but never see the 4 running together later in the game.

I do not think it is coincidence that I have done it so many times and never had more than 2 beams running!?

Though, it is strange that, when I did the Maxis ToB in solo, it only required 1 turbine under 1 lamp to work at the end!?!

The only way I can see him being able to do this is with an infinite turbine. perhaps he will clarify this.

I have done the Richtofen EE, and not the Maxis. The other day in theater I was checking out the tower and all 4 corners at the base were glowing. Not sure why......but each one looked like it had an energy orb. When I am playing and visit the tower they do not glowing.

when the game first came out I was having trouble with this aswell. I completed bothsides in a friends custom game, thinking it had saved to my profile, I went into my custom game to mess around and found out it didn't save. I had to redo it in my custom game to get it to save.

How did you get enough power under the Pylon to do it in Solo, I tried But my turbine wasn't enough. He kept telling me I Needed more power. Everytime I tried to do the Duping of the Turbine when I grabbed another one that one disappeared.

Yes, I managed to complete the Maxis Tower of Babble on solo using the infinite turbine glitch, so, although it IS possible to do it on solo, using this method, it is not the likely method required for solo play, as I doubt Treyarch would expect us to cheat in order to pull it off.

So... yes, Maxis can be done on solo, but only if you use the infinite turbine glitch, and even then, it is not that easy to pull it off. No doubt there is an easier method to doing it on solo, but so far, no one knows.

Yes, I managed to complete the Maxis Tower of Babble on solo using the infinite turbine glitch, so, although it IS possible to do it on solo, using this method, it is not the likely method required for solo play, as I doubt Treyarch would expect us to cheat in order to pull it off.

So... yes, Maxis can be done on solo, but only if you use the infinite turbine glitch, and even then, it is not that easy to pull it off. No doubt there is an easier method to doing it on solo, but so far, no one knows.

Yea, I had no luck with that. But you do believe their is a way to Successfully complete it on Solo w/out using the Infinite Turbine?!?!