Be careful: There are leaks out there.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did any info from the Black ops 1 DLC get out to the public? (before the release)

Ascension was leaked by a guy over on the CoD forums with an elaborate story of how he was a "reviewer at IGN who got fired and decided to leak ascension". He got shot down as being fake and it turns out it was all correct.

But this leaked info about the wagons and stuff was actually confirmed to be fake by the guy who wrote it in his original thread on the CoD forums.

Why is all the stuff about the first DLC being ALLOWED on the forums? I thought CoDz was leak-free. Apparently I was wrong. I don't think it is real, which is even more reason to not allow it. But leaks are not allowed. *looks up to the multiple announcement denouncing leaks*

I'd assume that it's because the topics are in their own separate forum. You don't have to look at this certain forum, so I'd assume that it waves the "rule."

Why is all the stuff about the first DLC being ALLOWED on the forums? I thought CoDz was leak-free. Apparently I was wrong. I don't think it is real, which is even more reason to not allow it. But leaks are not allowed. *looks up to the multiple announcement denouncing leaks*

All this fake leak info seems to be getting deleted pretty quickly, the Revolution stuff wasn't actually leaked really, Gamestop weren't given specific dates that the posters were to go up on, meaning the advertising campaign started as soon as they received them, so it's not technically a leak.

From what I was told when I was staff, the things that are meant to be deleted are leaked screenshots/gameplay and legit leaked info about the game.

So it is the definition of leak that is the problem? I think that if Treyarch hasn't announced the DLC, then it is a leak.

Now you say since a GameStop released an early image of it, it should be okay? I highly disagree. Now let's just say this GameStop is at "fault". A person can be sued just as easily as a company can, ergo a person is just as liable as a company.

What if an employee of GameStop accidentally released an image in a back room on Facebook and people found it? Would that be a leak? I hope you say yes.

So an entire GameStop facilitates the early, unconfirmed release of some DLC. Would that be a leak? I think so. The entire GameStop violated the NDA, not just one person.

This of course assumes the image isn't fake...

So it is the definition of leak that is the problem? I think that if Treyarch hasn't announced the DLC, then it is a leak.

Now you say since a GameStop released an early image of it, it should be okay? I highly disagree. Now let's just say this GameStop is at "fault". A person can be sued just as easily as a company can, ergo a person is just as liable as a company.

What if an employee of GameStop accidentally released an image in a back room on Facebook and people found it? Would that be a leak? I hope you say yes.

So an entire GameStop facilitates the early, unconfirmed release of some DLC. Would that be a leak? I think so. The entire GameStop violated the NDA, not just one person.

This of course assumes the image isn't fake...

Again, Gamestop were not given a date to put the posters up, meaning they had permission, from Activision to start the promotion there and then, meaning it's not a leak.