Pictures/Art in TranZit - What do they mean?

What do the Pictures/Art in TranZit/Green Run represent?

'SEDAN'

NUKETOWN!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Plowshare

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Storax

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedan_(nuclear_test)

Storax Sedan was a shallow underground nuclear test conducted in Area 10 of Yucca Flat at the Nevada National Security Site on 6 July 1962 as part of Operation Plowshare, a program to investigate the use of nuclear weapons for mining, cratering, and other civilian purposes. The radioactive fallout from the test contaminated more US residents than any other nuclear test. The Sedan Crater is the largest man-made crater in the United States, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

'SEDAN' Crater

'Nuketown' close up

Nuketown Start Screen

==============================

Atomic Frontier Days

Takes readers behind the headlines into the Manhattan Project at Hanford and the communities that surround it and offers perspectives on today’s controversies in an area now famous for the monumental effort to clean up decades of nuclear waste.

Hanford, Washington State

I have to put a link to Electric Jesus' Hanford Theory Here....

Green Run, TranZit, and Moon! OH MY!! (BOII Storyline Theory)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanford_Site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattan_Project

The Hanford Site is a mostly decommissioned nuclear production complex on the Columbia River in the U.S. state of Washington, operated by the United States federal government. The site has been known by many names, including Hanford Works, Hanford Engineer Works or HEW, Hanford Nuclear Reservation or HNR, and the Hanford Project. Established in 1943 as part of the Manhattan Project in the town of Hanford in south-central Washington, the site was home to the B Reactor, the first full-scale plutonium production reactor in the world. Plutonium manufactured at the site was used in the first nuclear bomb, tested at the Trinity site, and in Fat Man, the bomb detonated over Nagasaki, Japan.

During the Cold War, the project was expanded to include nine nuclear reactors and five large plutonium processing complexes, which produced plutonium for most of the 60,000 weapons in the U.S. nuclear arsenal. Nuclear technology developed rapidly during this period, and Hanford scientists produced many notable technological achievements. Many of the early safety procedures and waste disposal practices were inadequate, and government documents have since confirmed that Hanford's operations released significant amounts of radioactive materials into the air and the Columbia River, which threatened the health of residents and ecosystems.

Hieronymous Bosch - Garden of Earthly Delights

Thanks to Shooter & yourmapper

In-Game Picture

Real Picture - Close up

Right Wing of Triptych Picture

Triptych of Garden of Earthly Delights complete picture

2300x1500 Complete Picture - all 3 Pages - LINK

http://www.wallchan.com/images/sandbox/23119-garden-of-earthly-delights.png

Hieronymous Bosch - Tondal's Vision

In-game picture

Complete Picture

Tower of Babel/POWER!

A reference as to what the tower looks like in the game.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you found this Lectric J-Dwag!

I was going to send you the link to this thread.

I hope that You, Dun & myself are correct with this

I need help figurng out the other 2 pictures. But theres 4 DLC packs so I may be short a map? I need to record some gameplay in the bank vault to see if theres any pictures in there? cause I'm fairly certain that these are the only one's?

Glad you found it Electric Jesus

I'm not trying to be rude here.

But did you only read the first line & not the rest of the post?

I work in the automotive industry. I do know that a sedan is a type of body shell of a car!

No I'm just saying maybe the picture doesn't mean anything. Did the posters in Kino amount to anything concrete? Nope.

Good god. This is brilliant. Me and you think alike my friend.

Although I disagree with the Sedan crater part because of the streetsign on Nuketown, it's still a very solid and well supported theory. I love how we drew the same conclusions about the Manhattan Project. Keep up all the great work dude, you've become a must read.

Much respect.

Thanks for the link mate. Much appreciated.

I did however come across "The Garden of Earthly Delights" thanks to Shooter. I posted some pictures in one of his threads & forgot to update mine. Thanks again.

I have not really looked into what these pictures represent within Zombies.

I am inclined to believe now that this has nothing to do with DLC anymore. I think the 'Sedan' picture just points us to the Nuketown Map & the 'Atomic Frontier Days' represents 'TranZit/Green Run'

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so Much!!!!

What an awesome first post. Welcome to the site. with information like that you will be very useful around these parts. ;) Thanks again.

So it is more art from Bosch? I searched through so much of his work & never saw that. Wow. Much appriciated!!

No problem. I saw everything you guys have been talking about and it is quite interesting and I saw that the tower pic had no explanation so I looked around last night, but then I realized there's an easier way. A little advice, the google app on iPhone has the ability to take a picture of what you had put on the site from the game and Scan it to find the whole picture, therefore giving you tondals vision. I have no idea what any of this can mean but maybe you will have a better chance of finding out. Thanks.

• Administrators

Hieronymous Bosch - Tondal's Vision

'For how long a time was I dead?'

The Visions of the Knight Tondal was one of the most popular visionary stories of the 12th century, originally written in 1100's in Latin and published as an illuminated manuscript in 1475.

In this mysterious text, a wealthy and errant Irish knight in medieval times named Tondal falls ill at a banquet.

"Tondal fell dead...without any further movement of foot or hand. All the signs of a dead man manifested themselves on him: his eyes rolled, his nose was pinched, his lips grew thin, his chin receded, and his arms and legs grew stiff."

Around him hover the stunned onlookers; two women clasp their hands and bow toward him in grief. According to the story, because Tondal's body was still warm, he was not buried.

A beautiful angel descends to his side and Tondal refuses to leave his body for the fear that demons will take it over. The angel decides to take him on a journey through hell as long as he remembers all he learns. He agrees, and the journey begins with his soul seeing "an awful and horrifying multitude of devils who soon invaded the house as well as the air all over the city." As he goes through Hell, he sees many disturbing things, one lf them being traveling on a 1000 foot long bridge, barely 1 foot in width and he listens to the moans of many "proud" and "grateful" souls tumble down the deep valley off the bridge.

After leaving Hell, takes him to Heaven to see the different sections, based on how good they were on Earth. He goes back to his body by the voice of an unknown angel. This journey to the other side of death, which seems endless to Tondal, lasts for only the blink of an eye. The soul of Tondal was told that if he does not change his ways, he will suffer for his sins. He hears the crying and moaning of innumerable souls who are racked by insatiable hunger. As a result of his experience, Tondal is spiritually transformed and vows to lead a better and more humble life.

http://2009.eif.co.uk/tondal

http://www.getty.edu/art/gettyguide/art ... rtobj=1771

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getty_Tondal

No I'm just saying maybe the picture doesn't mean anything. Did the posters in Kino amount to anything concrete? Nope.

Okay that's is just stupid or you just REALLY do not want to believe.

Personally I also thought 'Sedan is just some random fake ad man, nothing important.'

Then I decided to give your thread a look and turned to my girlfriend and said "WOW that was dumb of me to judge so quickly! THIS DUDE KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!!"

VERY impressive thread sir! I congratulate you on your pursuit of knowledge, you are the kind of person who is both in Treyarch screwing with us, and with us figuring out what Treyarch is doing.

Okay that's is just stupid or you just REALLY do not want to believe.

Personally I also thought 'Sedan is just some random fake ad man, nothing important.'

Then I decided to give your thread a look and turned to my girlfriend and said "WOW that was dumb of me to judge so quickly! THIS DUDE KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!!"

VERY impressive thread sir! I congratulate you on your pursuit of knowledge, you are the kind of person who is both in Treyarch screwing with us, and with us figuring out what Treyarch is doing.

What thread? This isn't my thread. I have one thread and it's about me being annoyed at rage-quitting hosts ending games. And this post smells of butthurt, so just know that when I said that thing about the Sedan I really meant just that, maybe this particular effort doesn't mean anything. Not everything in zombies is a piece to the larger puzzle. There are plenty yes, but some things are there just for show. Like the posters in Kino where there to add to the theater atmosphere. To me the Sedan and the nuke zombies serve to re-enforce that 1950s feel and remind us of what left the earth in such a state in the first place.