Nuketown zombies layout/features thread.

Does anybody have any theories/thoughts on how Nuketown zombies will be played?

I think, as shown that we will spawn in the un-accessible building in Multiplayer because its larger than the other 2 and looks like its big enough as a spawn.

Then, after doing that you can go outside, where the green house or yellow house will be your options to be your 2'nd move.

If possible, your 3'rd major move will be out of the map (the houses to the right).

Contrary to other people, i don't think the bunker will be useable as i can't see any other bunker you could come out of if trapped, unless one of the houses has one in.

I think the fences will be destructible so you can go from garden to garden, and that some way the whole map will be accessible whether it be only via an easter egg or by opening lots and lots of doors.

For an easter egg, i think it will be like Moon, one easter egg will do something small but useful, like Cyrogenic slumber party and then there will be something big like the Big bang theory, possible witch will result in the nuke dropping.

Wonder weapons? Do you think Nuketown will have an old wonder weapon, a new one, or a new one exclusive to the map?

Characters? I think it'll be the original 4.

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a map that I made up real quick.

Legend:

Brown = Buyable entrance

Black (line) = inaccessible area

Black (X) = possible zombie spawn point

Lightning Bolt = Power Switch

Because of the angle of the map overhead, I had a tough time truly showing what I'm thinking of. I also pictured an underground bunker, with both sides of the map having entrances to it. PaP would be located down there, as well as the rest of the perks.

Posting the link itself to prevent it being cutoff by the post.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2ykg9qd.jpg

Here's a map that I made up real quick.

Legend:

Brown = Buyable entrance

Black (line) = inaccessible area

Black (X) = possible zombie spawn point

Lightning Bolt = Power Switch

Because of the angle of the map overhead, I had a tough time truly showing what I'm thinking of. I also pictured an underground bunker, with both sides of the map having entrances to it. PaP would be located down there, as well as the rest of the perks.

Posting the link itself to prevent it being cutoff by the post.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2ykg9qd.jpg

I really like your map, seems like a pretty solid idea of how it would be like. I like it :) Especially the inaccessible areas you picked out (:

How I think it should be:

*attach layout of zombies map that is entirely different from multiplayer map*

So basically I grab the map FIVE, OK GUYS THIS IS THE NEW NUKETOWN MAP, ENJOY!

I mean C'mon how different would it look? it is played in the 60's so I don't think they

changed anything other than the fact that is would look Zombified or Dark.

If it was an entirely new layer, It would not be nuketown, Right? That's why it is called "Nuketown" and have its Key features in there

I mean C'mon how different would it look? it is played in the 60's so I don't think they

If it was an entirely new layer, It would not be nuketown, Right? That's why it is called "Nuketown" and have its Key features in there

But saying that this new map is gonna have the same exact layout as Nuketown is like saying that Ascension has the same layout as Launch. It's going to be the same THEME. Fake town filled with mannequins built for the purpose of testing a nuclear bomb. But the mechanics that work for a multiplayer map are entirely different than the mechanics that work for a zombies map. If they just kept the same layout, then why not give us more content and just change EVERY multiplayer map into a zombies map? It just doesn't make any logical sense.

But saying that this new map is gonna have the same exact layout as Nuketown is like saying that Ascension has the same layout as Launch. It's going to be the same THEME. Fake town filled with mannequins built for the purpose of testing a nuclear bomb. But the mechanics that work for a multiplayer map are entirely different than the mechanics that work for a zombies map. If they just kept the same layout, then why not give us more content and just change EVERY multiplayer map into a zombies map? It just doesn't make any logical sense.

No it will be the Nuketown map with zombies on it. not Nuketown themed. SMH

TheDunbarian has a point with the multiplayer aspect of it. If it is going to be the same map from multiplayer, it will have no meaning if you think about it.

No it will be the Nuketown map with zombies on it. not Nuketown themed. SMH

Wow. What a counter-argument. You sure showed me. Your excellent presentation of evidence, theories, and other sources of convincing that my argument was wrong and yours correct was impecable. :lol:

I made this topic for one purpose: to clarify that Nuketown will be a newly designed zombies map, and not, as many people seem to think for some reason, simply the multiplayer map from Black Ops with zombies added in. It is so frustrating that every time this topic comes up, someone thinks that they're going to be one in the same. When I first told my friend about Nuketown Zombies, he said it was stupid because the map is "too small". Honestly people, you think they're gonna use the same map?!?

If you don't understand why this seems so blatantly obvious to me, let me try to explain it to you from a game mechanics standpoint:

Every multiplayer map is carefully designed to ensure that the gameplay that takes place on it is fast, fun, and appeals to all players. Nuketown, arguably the most popular CoD map ever, is no exception. Every area, every wall, and every obstacle on a multiplayer map is put there for strategic reasons. For example, the street center area in the center of Nuketown, with the truck and the bus. It's carefully laid out so that players will be in very close proximity of each other, and yet might not even be in each other's sightline. The players will then pop out of nowhere and be engaged in combat very quickly. Meanwhile, the top floors of the houses are great spots to set up camp, with a window looking out on the street to take out targets. But the windows of both houses are cleverly facing each other, meaning that one team's sniper could be in danger of the other's. This is careful balancing at work. There is no denying that Nuketown is a beautifully designed multiplayer map.

But when it comes to designing zombies maps, everything changes. Something that works in multiplayer might not work in zombies simply because your enemies are not the same. In multiplayer, you're fighting a human mind. Humans have the ability to think and strategize. However, when fighting humans, you have the gift of unpredictability. In zombies, this does not work. The zombies always know where you are. They will always find the shortest path to you. They do not strategize, they do not camp. They just run. They have no weapons besides their arms, so long sightlines - or short ones, for that matter - don't matter to them, or to you very much. What matters in a zombies map is a collection of large, small, and in-between areas, in which the difficulty of dodging zombies varies. These areas usually form some form of a path, or multiple paths, through the map. In multiplayer maps this is not always the case.

It's easy to see why multiplayer mechanics and zombies mechanics work totally differently. While Nuketown is a great multiplayer map, the layout of it just does not work for zombies as is, even if it were extended down the street or into the bunker as people have been suggesting.

For the TL;DB: Multiplayer and zombies are too different to share a map. If I could point these things out to you, then surely the genius designers at Treyarch are aware of them too. Nuketown Zombies will be an all new map. That is all, thank you.

I do think however that it is still a possibility that the original Nuketown will be used, just heavily modified. I do think as well that there should be no question that the map will be left as is or with just a few Zombie qualities added to it. If not a drastic makeover, there will be drastic overhaul. However, the four classic maps essentially had to be converted to Black Ops format. A similar situation might occur with Black Ops to Black Ops II. So logically, Nuketown will likely have to be reformatted. If so, they may just find it simpler to make a new map from scratch that resembles Nuketown.

The zombies always know where you are. They will always find the shortest path to you. They do not strategize, they do not camp. They just run. They have no weapons besides their arms, so long sightlines - or short ones, for that matter - don't matter to them, or to you very much.

this. 'nuff said. I am really excited to see what they do with NTZ, the map is so much larger then the initial MP barriers (as shown in the OP). I don't get why people are arguing it's going to be the same map. Nuketown 2025, yes (except futurized) - but certainly not NTZ. Ascension - Launch is a brilliant metaphor as someone used above.