Character Possibilities for BO2 Zombies and More Questions

Our original crew consisted of 4 un-named soldiers from the WW2 era. They were used in Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt. They don't really count though since they were replaced by Tank, Takeo, Richtofen, and Nikoli (our base crew.) Then we had Nixon, JFK, McNamarra and Castro in Five. Black Ops also introduced us to yet ANOTHER group of zombie slayers in Call of the Dead with Danny Trejo, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robert England and Michael Rooker.

We still don't know about the characters used in Dead Ops Arcade, but that probably remains irrelevant. Since it's looking like we'll be in Cuba for our newest zombie map, could we be seeing more of the "Five" crew? Also, will we even be seeing our base crew again? Are they stuck on the moon?

I'd like to see all the groups work together in one giant story. Since time travel is possible in this story, it may be plausible. The one thing they all have in common is that they all fight zombies, and have all come in contact with Element 115.

Now if we are going to France (which was hinted at in Black Ops) we could be seeing a whole new crew. What do you guys think?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think wee'll just have to wait and see, though at this point it seems like we should all be able to agree that we won't be seeing our main cast anytime soon. Reasons for this include:

1) They were on the moon and blew up the earth.

2) Richtofen (the brain of the group) is now in the MPD and in control of the zombies.

3) Samantha is trapped inside his body.

4) The new map seems to be in what some guys are calling Cuba or Eastern U.S. and has pics of Castro all around.

So basically it might be fair game to say we're not gonna pick up EXACTLY where we left off but they most definitely will play a role somehow. And really regarding the whole time travel thing, it allows for so much versatility in the zombies story line. Remember Maxis had the rockets launch at the end of the easter egg to destroy the world so Richtofen wouldn't be able to control those zombies. More than likely we'll be seeing entirely different people in the first map or two of BO2, or that's what I believe at least.

I think the new characters they bring in (if they do bring in new ones), are probably going to go on some form of rescue mission to save the guys and even get Sam's body back. That might be a major easter egg in the story, and when you think about it going about things that way would make the most sense.

Im almost 100% sure that the base crew will return. There's way too many new possibilities/scenarios that could be fabricated from this twist for Treyarch to drop it.

They blow up the earth (or for the most part make it largely uninhabitable), from there on i say that they travelled FORWARD into the future to where the earth is hospitable again.

How do they time travel? Samantha spent ages as the god of Aether, im sure she could offer some help in time travel seeing as how her dad helped create the machine :P

Sam wants revenge. The whole zombie outbreak has been her attempt at killing Richtofen, if she cam achieve that then she can finally rest in peace. The story must and will conclude with Richtofens death.

Well I think for the 8 player vs. mode we will be generic players affiliated with Tacitus, 935, Ascension, 601, GK etc...

I think the map that ships with the game will feature our crew, but I think the "hidden map" that unlocks when you beat the campaign will either be the "five" crew redeux or a whole new set of survivors.

At least that's my theory.

Our original crew consisted of 4 un-named soldiers from the WW2 era. They were used in Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt. They don't really count though since they were replaced by Tank, Takeo, Richtofen, and Nikoli (our base crew.)

I suppose replaced in the sense that they aren't the crew we consider the original crew now (that goes to Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and Edward), but definitely not replaced as in they were never there and Black Ops Nacht der Untoten and Verruckt are canon. The gang were just put there for god knows what reason over the marines.

Perhaps if they'd been given a full personality back in World at War, we might be closer to them. At least in Black Ops we were given some personality for them through the terminal (if they were given personality, why take them out of those maps!). In that case, they definitely should be counted as they are core part of Zombies still.

Lol rant over. Now, we definitely will be getting a new zombie crew/s. The chick in the poster I feel will be a part of the core group we'll be playing in for most of the maps. Not to say the gang is forgotten, but I feel we'll be introduced to a new 'gang' to which we will see the story through, whilst still playing as Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and Samantha in every second map maybe.

Well I think for the 8 player vs. mode we will be generic players affiliated with Tacitus, 935, Ascension, 601, GK etc...

Dear God I never thought of them making the teams like that. Tacitus would be all swat-ish, Group 935 (while most casual zombie players would have NO idea why/who they are this is my favorite) could be a various mixture of scientist looking guys like the pentagon theif, and I wouldn't mind the possibility of using CoTD or Five crews for the game modes.

I suppose replaced in the sense that they aren't the crew we consider the original crew now (that goes to Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and Edward), but definitely not replaced as in they were never there and Black Ops Nacht der Untoten and Verruckt are canon. The gang were just put there for god knows what reason over the marines.

Verruckt offers us the start of the story and an experimentation ground for Group 935. Nacht didn't add anything other than the launch of the game mode and zombies as we know it. At that point I don't think the developers were thinking they'd come this far with it. Of course it MAY have been a testing ground of sorts, but I haven't heard anything proving that.

Well the news is out now. Apparently some of the FIVE crew and the CoTD crew will be returning. Richard Nixon, JFK, Danny Trejo and Oliver North are a few of the playable characters in BO2, this is confirmed and in a different thread it has links to the sites confirming it. So speculate on who else you guys think might be joining for the other 4 :D