Solo vs co-op.

What do you guys think is harder and why? I just want to hear what alot of peoples opinion on this is. I dont want to have this turn into a arguement but I will say I think co-op is much harder but solo is also harder in some ways. Co-op you cant just pause whenever, wherever you want to and it takes almost two times as long as solo does. Also on co-op there is ALOT of framerate lag in the high rounds. Solo is harder to recycle(which most people dont do anyways)and if you go down it can be bad. So what do you think?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apples to oranges. It sounds funny but they are different.

In solo games I can control zombie movements with my own, co-op not so much. You ever run lap in verruckt where one guy runs 10 yards up with you following then find your self stuck between two zombies? Or head upstairs on Ascension only to see someone come down with a few zombies trailing?

In co-op you can have a C game if you have strong teammates. I reached new co-op high today despite having one of my worst games.

Solo games are slower in the beginning, takes longer to set up for the long run. Co-op breeze through quickly in the beginning, past 25 takes forever.

Co-op camping is more fun, each player covering a specific area. Solo games are no more than running circles, thus allow one's mind to wonder. (At least in my case).

Solo games have less variables, game tempo is in your control. You set up the game however you want and usally results are typical.

Co-op games are more surprising, NO TWO GAMES ARE ALIKE. You might want to camp but randoms want to spread out. You might only need 5 revives in one game, but 35 in another.

The biggest difference is who you choose to play with. Going into a game you tweak your strategy based on who you have to play with, and who you know.

Solo and co-op are definitely different. Which is more difficult? Depends on who you play with.

Solo can be harder because of the whole 4 lives thing, but co-op with randoms can be extremely difficult to get past even round 15 on some maps. I don't think you can give one definitive answer to this question, as there are so many variables:

Which map? How many people are you playing co-op with? What strategy you use? Who you're playing with (randoms/friends)? Then random things such as box location/perk location (mainly thinking Shangri-La here). Doing NML with randoms? etc etc.

If you are only looking at horde by horde It really depends on how you are playing it.

For co op if you are using a solo strat while the other player is sitting it the corner not getting zombies, then it would be easier. For example the Shangri La semtex's strat would be easier in co op than it would be in solo.

For solo if you are using a co op strat that involves merging the zombies. But because it solo you only run one spot, It would be easier. For example the Kino alley and the Moon tunnel 11, both originally co op strats are both easier in solo.

But this is only looking at difficultly of gather the zombies. There many other differences, as you guys have all ready mentioned. So for a final answer which is harder. I would have to ask what do you mean by "harder". Do you mean what would be more challenging to get really high round or what would be more challenging horde by horde. Because if you are only talking about what round can you get to then yeah co op would be harder (double the zombies). But if you are talking about generally game play solo would be harder.

Id have to agree with apples and oranges....

But if i had to choose one it would be co-op. Simply because there are 1-3 more people playing at the same time...which means there is 1-3 more people that can make a mistake. While most mistakes can be easily made up for with good players, the occasional big mistake or when multiple mistakes happen within seconds of each other, those can ruin the game.

In solo (which i must admit i dont play a lot of) the mistakes are your own and are usually easy to come back from. You either blast'em with M&S and run for JUG and QR. Or you dont shoot at all so that no more spawn.

I was actually waiting for someone like superhands to post on these ;) I have noticed that people who play solo more ALWAYS say solo is harder, and people who play mostly co-op ALWAYS say its harder. I still stick with my opinion on co-op being harder but solo would be harder the way you play it. The way most peopl play it is do the safest most ridiculously slow way possible and take a week to get to 100 but you always just do the fastest way.

Yeah I do often go for the fastest way because I'm impatient :lol: but in rare cases I slow it down a little just because the faster strategy is unreliable at times - even though I pick something fast and a little risky, it's still rinse-and-repeat i.e. the spawns are pretty much the same each time so I can get into a rhythm.

The only reason I say co-op is easier is because you can afford to screw up, your teammate is there to pick you up and it's even possible for a bad player to be dragged to rounds 50+. But to achieve on solo, you have to be on the ball or you can fail even on Ascension.

I have played solo alot lately and realized that it is much harder than I expected. Its still not hard(just like co-op) but alot harder than expected. Honestly as long as I play co-op more I will always say its harder just to make me feel more accomplished. One big thing that does make it harder though is no pause option.

You're right, I think it's an attitude thing. In co-op with friends even on high round runs, I go in very lax, I'd rather not go down but if I do it's not the end of the world and I'll expect my teammate to pick me up if we're at close quarters. If they can't and have to finish the round without me, as I said it's not ideal but the game will continue. Even with this attitude, in most games I'll still have a respectable down count. During mine and Tom's 66 on Moon, 0 downs before round 50, then tiredness took over and I gained 6 more in the next 16 rounds. In this game Tom also had some serious lag for some unknown reason. Yet we got each other to the point where we suicided. So even though things aren't ideal, we can still keep going until we don't wanna play anymore so I view co-op as easy.

Now with solo, the reason I always do so well and have successful runs so consistently, is that if I go into a high round run, all I have in my mind is, "I will not fail". If any zombies are gonna pin me in a corner or slap me enough for me to get red-screened, they're gonna have to try damn hard with some horrible spawn cuz I'm not gonna let it happen on my watch :lol: So I guess, where I actually put a lot of effort in, I see solo as much more difficult.

Again we are comparing Apples to Oranges. If its a tough map like Verrukt, shang or Five I struggle just get to 30 on solo because I am cocky and make mistakes but getting to 50 on these maps is actually much easier in solo because you don't need any co-operation from anyone like co-op and just rely on yourself. On Co-op its reverse I can always get to 30's in first few tries but it is dead difficult to get past 40's. To this date I have attempted Shang 15+ times before getting my 50 on it, Verrukt and Five almost 10+ times still no 50.

If I were given a choice to get to 50 on a particular map, I would choose solo in a heartbeat. Its easier. But I would do co-op because it's fun and a challenge in itself. Down side is it takes time to get to 50.

the only reason I dont like solo much is because I always make a stupid mistake and die on 70-80s for the first time and just rage quit. On co-op I usually try to have less than 5 downs by the end of the game no matter what round it is and almost always reach that goal. The only game that didnt work on is ascension 99(terrible treyarched downs) verruckt 55, nacht 42, and shi no numa 78. On 77 COTD I had 3 downs technically but one I downed myself so I could pick up my teammate because I had no jugg and he was down but I jumped when I got trapped and shot the ballistic knife and picked him up.