Random Lobby Etiquette

How are doors and debris divided?

In random games the way I play in the first rounds almost always have a lot more points than the average Joe. There are times I accumulate and store 20000 in the early teens. Therefore expected to open ALL doors. Some people have the system of taking turns spending fair share of points, but most don't. I often get labeled as the ass hole for refusing to spend more points while others waste their points hitting the box on round 6. What is the etiquette when it comes to points soending for the team? I am not one to be selfish but I don't feel fairly treated at times.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been the point hoarding arse refusing to open doors. It's not good man.

If you have that many points, and they have that little trust me, they need them a lot more than you need yours so just open them up. It can make the difference in a hopeless but fun random game turning to a hopeless host quit random game.

Hey that may happen either way but let them box whore, get the doors open, gets Juggs, get Bowie and Sallies, find your own little place and then wait for the inevitable firesale that comes (I'm pretty certain that once the box moves within the next 3 or 4 drops, 1 will always be a firesale).

You will get 3 hits in the right location, and on more than one occassion I've gotten both Thunder and Monkeys for a grand outlay of 20 points. Throw me a ballistic and I'm even giving those Sallies up to become Medic Master :D

If I am looking to get a decent game, this is the etiquette I follow.

1.Open Doors in order of most points.

2.Try and see if other player can at least hear me and communicate if he doesn't have a mic.

3.Let other players know that you are going to stop by for ammo or pap or box in mid game ahead of time so you don't screw their train.

4.Ask them politely the exact position they are down or give them the same info when you go down.

5.Be nice to them even if they fail to perform. Every one has bad days.

6.Not abuse the box and give others a chance to hit.

7.Let people know before getting drops especially before a fire sale or max ammo drop.

8.Always make sure there is only one person going to revive while other collects and communicates accordingly.

9. Not throw grenades and kills others zombies.

10.Tell other player before opening the door.

11.Tell other player before using a break. Don't use too many.

12.Ask player about their training spots in early rounds and plan accordingly.

There are more but I want to carry on with my weekend :)

Way I'm interested to know whether you have ever found 3 other players who follow these values?

I've found players like this for sure, but normally it's just one, occasionally 2 if they are friends. They tend to be good games :)

I'm just saying that's just me in a random lobby. And ideally this is how everyone should be.

I never turn on mike unless I play with friends and shooting for high rounds.

Your rules shall be the standard but you might be at the minority.

I always thought if credentials are similar then equal contributions should be expected. I always initiate gamesmanship but often get screwed.

I play for fun, but sometimes hampered or annoyed by poor gamesmanship from others. I hope on this site we can promote good etiquette and establish solid grounds for future games. How random games should be.

Great set of rules, way. It's important to do what is needed to achieve a high round game (if that's what you're going for). My philosophy is that if you are the leader in points, you're inevitably going to get those points back, so why not spend money on doors?

Sure, the randoms probably won't repay you, but it's life. You just have to keep going.

When I play with randoms, I'm never going for a high round game so I can get a slightly greedy sometimes. I mean, I'll open a fair amount of doors, maybe one more than everyone else. But if I have the most points and everyone has very little, I'll open a few doors but I'm not gonna open every single one just because I know how to point-build efficiently in the first few rounds. Very common occurance on Moon, people keep telling me to open the last door in Tunnel 6, I tell someone else to open it as I've already opened the last 3 doors. I've been thrifty without stealing any kills, I should be rewarded :lol:

If I'm playing with friends though, different ball game. For example, playing with Tom, we'll normally stay in the first area until we get a certain amount of points required to open all of the doors to the Bowie/Sickle. Doesn't matter who has to open the most doors etc., we just make sure we have enough points between us to open all of the doors and both buy the knife.

I know exactly what you are talking about. They buy an M14 and another off the wall weapon, then they find the box, and their pts are at 0 all the time. Whereas you have 5k and have to open all doors...

I just open them normally, because you get your points back quickly. I also like to buy the sickle, just to reduce points. It doesn't look then as you would be a point whore.

If it is too crazy or if I need my points for something specific, I still can try to bring the argument, that I have already opened 5 doors, whereas all other 3 players have opened maybe one door. Quite often it helps.

But in the end, it is normally not such a big deal. Especially if the box has not yet been sighted, doors open basically by themself.

I tend to go into the games with the mindset of:

1: No box till later on, maybe after round twenty or pack a punch

2: Main gun is a wall weapon so Thompson, Ak7u, or Mp40 etc.

3: Get Jug

4: Get Speed Cola

5: Get mule Kick

6: Get quick revive - if others are going down a lot.

My strategy differs depending on who I am with, in that respect I'm adaptable, I also aim to keep everyone alive, either by providing cover fire is someone needs reviving, or going revive someone. I consider myself the medic of any team. As for doors, I open my fair share, and as I rarely use the box, I leave randoms to it. Knowing that as long as one or more of us have jug and good weapons we may survive. I use teleporters rarely, and only under circumstance where there aren't breaches in the advancing horde. I look for gaps if I need to escape. I use to camp, but now I just keep moving, or stay in one place, and if some is doing a train, I leave them alone, unless the place is where my primary supply of ammo is located.