V-r11 SOLO strategy MUST SEE!!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to see strategies other than 74u or DG-2. Will probably use it when I attempt 100 on CotD, as it seems to be the only solid strategy I think! Mixed in with a DG-2 or Scavenger and you could breeze through it.

Just a question, do you have to use it in the water, or can it be used on land as well? And would it get rid of a full horde of 24 if they were all bunched together?

Epic! [brains] I'm still learning things about the VR11. I was reading the PS3 trophies for BO the other day and there is a trophy for doing this but I had no idea to what it was referring. I wonder how many other people knew about this...

Oh, and the water strat would probably work best because the zombies are slowed and hit reg. with the VR11 is sh*t.

Time to go get that trophy!

Thanks yeti

I was going to ask that too.

I know I have heard of this affect before but I have never actually done it.

Nice Avatar Phxntxm, I like it.

Okay anyways, still nice video. We should see if the damage can be determined. This gun has little enough ammo as it is, so if it is not infinite, it wouldn't be worth picking up in solo.

This gun has little enough ammo as it is, so if it is not infinite, it wouldn't be worth picking up in solo.

It most definitely is. As you can see, drops spawn from it, so it's not like the Thundergun or anything. Any help is better than no help in solo, especially on a map as difficult as CotD when it comes to killing in high rounds.

Perhaps this is how that guy got to 100 on solo. Just recycling and recycling and recycling. It is certainly plausible. Difficult? Yes. Impractical? Yes. But possible? Oh yes.

But yeah, the rounds in that video were only 30, I believe. The Scavenger still does work on that round. So someone needs to get high and investigate this strategy further. But if it turns out that it's legit, it could change solo on CotD forever.

Damn, I wish you posted this the other day - I did a run to 58 to test out all of the nuances of getting Max Ammos from George (uploading a video of my results right now BTW which is gonna help a lot of people), I could have tested how well this works at 50+ in the process. Is it just the PaP'd version of the gun that does this or does the original do it too?

Great find either way, this needs to be tested at round 50.

Damn, I wish you posted this the other day - I did a run to 58 to test out all of the nuances of getting Max Ammos from George (uploading a video of my results right now BTW which is gonna help a lot of people), I could have tested how well this works at 50+ in the process. Is it just the PaP'd version of the gun that does this or does the original do it too?

Great find either way, this needs to be tested at round 50.

Hands, I will try and test this tonight after I get home. However I am doubtful of hitting 50 because I am too tired to focus on this crazy map.

Question to Select, Did you hurt those zombies before you killed them in water? Normally when zombies are in water they have a connection, which is why you often see a bunch of connected shots almost like a splash damage with almost any weapon when you shoot em in water. At round 30, they don't have greater health as in Round 50+, which is why I asked if they were beaten up before or untouched. We all know that that 3 shots of Lazarus will cause the human to explode taking out nearby zombies. But if this is reduced by 2 in water it would change the course of history on map like COTD and this might be the greatest find ever for strategy section. I was going to test this last night but I was bit too tired to start a round 50 run.

If no one is doing it I am willing to test this tonight.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys, but this isn't as strong as we'd hoped.

Just did another quick-fire game. It's a little stronger than the Scavenger, works until round 38, then it stops being a one hit kill and starts making crawlers just like the Scavenger does. It's also really tough to get a loose one out of the group to target for a double shot, and I had a really tough time managing to kill a full group with it on most attempts as the explosion has a very short range.

Props to Yeti for finding this, it was good to hold on to some hope of a round 100 COTD game for a little while ;)

It's a little stronger than the Scavenger, works until round 38, then it stops being a one hit kill and starts making crawlers just like the Scavenger does.

Scavenger is a one hit kill till 34, VR11 or Lazarus is never a one hit one kill. Therefore I wouldn't say its stronger than Scavenger. Even ammo wise its almost negligible because only the pap version (Lazarus) gives the explosion which means the un pap'ed is useless.

It's a little stronger than the Scavenger, works until round 38, then it stops being a one hit kill and starts making crawlers just like the Scavenger does.

Scavenger is a one hit kill till 34, VR11 or Lazarus is never a one hit one kill. Therefore I wouldn't say its stronger than Scavenger. Even ammo wise its almost negligible because only the pap version (Lazarus) gives the explosion which means the un pap'ed is useless.

Yeah but what I'm saying is that with one explosion will kill zombies up to round 38. whereas the Scavenger can't do that. But yeah even so, the Lazarus takes 2 shots anyhow so 2 shots from a Scavenger needed at round 34 would still be preferable to using the VR-11. Either way, the VR-11 strategy will be pretty useless past round 38, much to our disappointment :cry:

I think it could be kind of useful still, with mule kick you could get the v-r11, ray gun, and scavenger. You could use all the scavenger then use the v-r11 strategy and kill off the crawlers with the raygun to try to get drops.

true. It's like pooling together all of the powerful weapons in the game to maximize the amount of zombies you can kill before ammo becomes scarce. So, raygun, v-r11, scavenger, and the dolls. It's interesting how this map relatively easy to obtain high rounds in 2 player, yet not in solo. Often times, the trend is the opposite.

On a sidenote, I would be much more interested in playing solo if there were a leaderboard for it. I don't have a way to capture so there is no proof of any high rounds I might get or any way to prove I made them legitimately. I know I'm not saying anything new, but I felt like I should post it at least somewhere on the forums.

Is the VR-11 double shot always an insta kill or is the damage limited?

Well, as far as I'm aware, double-shooting a single zombie will always make it explode. But the explosion will stop killing zombies at round 38 as I've tested.

Thanks. Yeah I mean even a single shot is an insta kill, but I was wondering about the explosion that a charged human does. I just see this was already mentioned above (oops).

• 5 weeks later...