Medals - What are they and how do they work? [UPDATE]

LiamFTWinter

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only ten prestige? :(

That is all Undead xP has made at the moment. If he decides to make more, the site might have more. Besides, I'm guessing only the Admins even have the top prestieges! (Also a simple number isn't very cool looking as a placeholder)

I can confirm that at launch 10 will be the highest they go and NO ONE on the site has achieved prestige 10 yet. :)

And to answer undead xP, yes we could.

10562 brains isn't enough for prestige 10 0_o

Correct, 10562 brains is not enough.

It's going to be fun to see who can be the first to prestige 10 and I also can't wait for these to launch, it's going to be very fun to see the discussion that comes from them, people discussing which prestige they are and such, it'll be pretty cool, we're getting closer and closer day by day and I'm just putting the final touches on the medals we plan to launch with, so it should be coming soon. :)

Correct, 10562 brains is not enough.

It's going to be fun to see who can be the first to prestige 10 and I also can't wait for these to launch, it's going to be very fun to see the discussion that comes from them, people discussing which prestige they are and such, it'll be pretty cool, we're getting closer and closer day by day and I'm just putting the final touches on the medals we plan to launch with, so it should be coming soon. :)

Can't wait :D

Here's another sneak peak at the medals with the current forum theme:

The medals are still requiring quite a bit of work to get working correctly with the forum, so it might be a little bit longer than expected till we can get them implemented. But no worries, we will make sure to get it out as soon as possible.

You're joking...just this morning I spent six hours getting to 50 on Ascension in co-op for the Richtofen usergroup...wasted.

You still get a medal for it at least. :) Not many have taken kindly to the new medals, but you have to give them a try first. *Hint hint ZotD*

I honestly don't see what the big fuss is all about... the medals system will give you all the recognition you deserve, rather than just wearing one color at a time. Besides, with all the different shades of grey and blend of colors scattered about, it looks a bit messy and gets confusing.

So, with up to about 6 - 8 medals displayed at once, you can have several user groups that you qualify for all displayed at once. It's a win-win IMO.

Well I suppose it's all in a matter of trying it out. Granted, some user groups will be staying. But for more personalized "achievement" based user groups such as the Four Guardians, they can easily be replaced.

And, I'm not sure if it will be possible, but hopefully there will be an option to pick which medals are displayed if you qualify for more than 6. That way, everyone can see the medals each person is most proud of, etc.

I honestly don't see what the big fuss is all about... the medals system will give you all the recognition you deserve, rather than just wearing one color at a time. Besides, with all the different shades of grey and blend of colors scattered about, it looks a bit messy and gets confusing.

So, with up to about 6 - 8 medals displayed at once, you can have several user groups that you qualify for all displayed at once. It's a win-win IMO.

Absolutely my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

The medals aren't working very well with the current forum theme and so because of that they've been delayed until we can get them working the way we would like. I've gotten in contact with our coder, but he has yet to get back to me. I'll shoot him another email and hopefully he'll be able to respond and help. Until we can get coding problems fixed we're at a standstill, unfortunately.

Hey guys, just somewhat of an update. We've been considering using a new forum theme and we believe we've found one that we like. And so because of that, we tested out the new medals system on the new theme and they work fantastically. Personally, I'm very excited for what that means in the long run. So hopefully we should have a nice and slick new forum theme along with the medals system here shortly. :D

Hey guys, just somewhat of an update. We've been considering using a new forum theme and we believe we've found one that we like. And so because of that, we tested out the new medals system on the new theme and they work fantastically. Personally, I'm very excited for what that means in the long run. So hopefully we should have a nice and slick new forum theme along with the medals system here shortly. :D

Awesome to here everything's starting to work out Cov! I think we're all a bit anxious to try out the new medals. And a new theme you say? Hmmm this is sounding quite promising!

People of CoDz: Be open to at least try this out! It's most likely going to blow the current usergroups system we have now right out the water. I have a feeling it's going to overexceed everyone's expectations.

Thanks for the update Cov! Keep em coming! :D