Black Ops Maps 2.0

I know. So soon? I just made one of these threads for the classics. Well, I figured I would make a second topic for this as well. Same basic format and everything. I believe these have a much higher chance of being remade than the classics, so this one is probably the more important of the two so far.

Before I begin, I must stress this 3arc. Do not change that maps too much, keep them essentially the same. With that, I shall begin.

FIVE

Gameplay-

Arguably the least favorite zombie map for the majority, there isn’t really much I can say about it from a gameplay standpoint.

Do not add any perks (and get rid of mule kick in this one as well). Also, KEEP the BO guns here. I know I stressed in the Classic maps thread to get rid of them, but the BO maps I think they’re acceptable in.

Also, the Nova Crawlers and Thief have got to stay. People don’t like the nova crawlers (which I for one don’t get, they aren’t that annoying), but they keep difficulty up and make things more interesting. Same with the thief.

Finally, keep the winter’s howl. Just try to make it more useful this time.

Graphics/sound-

The zombie’s skins. I mentioned this in the verruckt section in classic maps, WHY DO THEY LOOK SO DECAYED? I was under the heavy impression that the outbreak was going on as the Five crew were talking. They need to be toned down slightly, just because it makes no sense.

Audio was fairly good in this map. Though I don’t like Eminem that much, I think it sorta fit in this map.

Oh, and maybe give them an actual first person suit skin? Don’t be lazy with this!

Storyline-

Keep the cutscene, but update the graphics for it.

I think there needs to be radios regarding what the hell even happened here? Even a few sheets of paper, anything. Who the thief is very big as well.

KINO DER TOTEN

Gameplay-

I love this map. It’s simple, easy, and fun.

Keep BO guns I’d say, in their entirety. Get rid of mule kick in this as well. By the way, for any of you wondering why I don’t want mule kick in these first 6 maps, it’s because it makes Double tap pretty much pointless.

Keep Nova crawlers. What? They vary things up. I like that. Dogs are a must as well.

Oh, while I’m at it, give the wall guns more ammo. They run out in like 2 seconds.

Graphics/sound-

Zombie skins are fitting here. They’ve been dead 20 years, so decay is obvious.

Keep the characters skins how they are currently, but change Richtofen’s hat back to tan. Looks cooler that way.

I love the atmosphere of the map. It’s semi creepy, but not too creepy.

Sound is great. I love 115.

Storyline-

More radios? Pieces of paper? Anything?

Cutscene is always cool, but I’m fine with Richtofen’s monologue if not.

Major EE? I don’t know if it would work here, but ya never know.

ASCENSION

Gameplay-

This map was too damn easy, and got boring after awhile.

BO weapons kept, as well as all wonder weapons. I’d prefer for mule kick to be gone, but from this map on I don’t care as much.

Monkeys were an atrocity, but keep them on. They were 100x worse than Nova crawlers btw, but they add an actual challenge.

Also, is it bad to ask for a perk cap raise? There’s so many perks now that I think it’ll have to be soon.

Graphics/sound-

I loved how these zombies looked. They were so deformed and cool looking.

For the crew’s skins, keep them all beat up and stuff here as well. Gave the map a sort of unique feeling for them. Same with Richtofen’s flight suit.

The background music seems kinda bland for this map as well, maybe just put in a creepy chilling wind sound or something like NDU did?

Keep the black and white start, made this VERY unique.

Storyline-

This map needs a cutscene. We have no freakin clue how they got here, whether it be from teleporter or whatever. Maybe add clarification to ascension’s date? Some say it happens when five happens, but that just seems stupid to me personally.

Smaller paper easter eggs would also help here in uncovering the story, for the ascension group anyways.

CALL OF THE DEAD

Gameplay-

Keep George. What? He added some challenge, and later rounds you barely even noticed him. Made things fun. Just make him easier to kill in 3-4 players.

I LOVE how you guys put in the sprinters here, keep them.

Keep or take out Mule kick. Like I said, at this point it doesn’t matter as much to me.

Return of BO weapons, as well as wonder weapons. Not a fan of the VR-11, but it should still be here too.

Oh, and btw… could we have the Machetes and pitchforks that were in the trailer/cutscene? Please? Don’t make them weak, either.

Graphics/sound-

Loved the environment, I always wanted a snow map. Great fog effects, and the music was really chilling. The zombie skins were top notch in this map, they just looked SOO cool. I do question why some of them are shirtless, though.

I find it funny how you gave this crew custom first person skins, but not the main crew. Still, is cool. Great model design as well. Oh, btw, give SMG a custom dive to prone grunt, will ya? I just remembered that.

Storyline-

I’m still semi confused on this maps role in the grand scheme of things, some notes wouldn’t be bad for this. Maybe put some in the snow so they’re harder to find?

Cutscene is perfect. Same with the major EE.

Also, WTF is George, anyways? A zombie? Half zombie, half human? It’s confusing…

SHANGRI LA

Gameplay-

The corners are a bit too tight, but that’s all right. Basically keep everything currently in there, Napalm zombie and shrieker, monkeys, Shrink Ray, everything. Mule kick in or out.

Perhaps if there are melee weapons in the next game, add a freaking katana?

Keep spikemores.

Pack a punch should not need all people to be activated, just sayin.

Graphics/sound-

I loved this place, it looked beautiful. No exaggeration. In the caves… boy was that creepy without zombies. Rattling chains, bodies everywhere. Make more maps with that, treyarch!

Zombies skins are good.

Storyline-

Oh my god the easter egg was long… I just suggest an option solo, for this one.

Cutscene… I don’t know if it’s necessary here, unless it explains the map’s backstory.

Radios and notes are nice, yet again.

MOON

Gameplay-

Low gravity is honorable. Loved the wave gun. The astronaut should stay. I don’t know why people didn’t like him. He’s easy to avoid, and perfected George, monkeys, and the Napalm zombie, IMO. Nova Crawlers are slightly more annoying here, but keep them here. They still aren’t that bad.

The return to earth for pack a punch shouldn’t require everyone, but I could understand if it wasn’t possible.

Graphics/sound-

Zombies looked cool, still unsure why some are shirtless. I also loved how their eyes turned blue after Richtofen took over, but seems a bit awkward if that was for the next game..

The crew looks good, beat up as in ascension. I miss Takeo’s hat, though… Samantha looked exactly how I pictured her.

The lack of sound was also pretty cool. It made things more interesting.

Finally… richtofen’s power ups… are so awesome sounding. Especially fire sale.

Storyline-

I don’t know how they would do a cutscene here, maybe just explain how they got there?

This map has a great amount of EE, no more need to be added, except for date clarification, if possible.

The main EE is awesome. Keep it exactly how it is.

General

Gameplay-

Perk cap increase to at least 6, I suggest. EDIT: Maybe only five with the current amount of perks we have right now. The next game should have at least 6, however.

Keep most of the special zombie enemies

Add Melee weapons if available in the next game.

Keep BO guns, in box and on wall. Give wall guns more ammo

Graphics/sound-

Keep the same general skins, but improve upon them.

Background music, and music EEs must all stay

Give richtofen’s hat it’s old tan look back.

Custom first person skins for the main crew.

Storyline-

Add more EE, and cutscenes. Reveal as much as you can to us about these maps, treyarch.

So that's it for BO maps 2.0. If you haven't yet, check out my Classic map version here. BTW, if you don't like it, don't hate on me. If you do, then thanks. I'm open for suggestions on what to put here as well. I may do a part 3 of these for the next game, but I'm not 100% about that yet.

So with that, comment away.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of updating graphics and everything, but they really need to change up the gameplay. The gameplay as it is isnt bad but it is just so repetitive from how long the maps have been out. I dont know what they would do to change gameplay but one good thing would be to completely get rid of the framerate lag however they would do that.

I enjoyed reading this and your WaW one. I would brains ya but I gotta spread them. I pretty much agree with it all.

Perk limit is a touchy subject. While we do want to hold more, that is what the perk bottles are for. Changing the perk limit would dramatically change gameplay IMO, maybe making it to easy. But if it had to change, I would suggest making it 5 perks, not 6. If it was 6, I'm pretty sure we'd know the 2 perks that would never get chosen.

I think a cutscene for Ascension, or even Kino would be perfect. I want to see their mouths move when they talk haha! But it would reveal some vital information we need, more so on Ascension.

I like the idea of updating graphics and everything, but they really need to change up the gameplay. The gameplay as it is isnt bad but it is just so repetitive from how long the maps have been out. I dont know what they would do to change gameplay but one good thing would be to completely get rid of the framerate lag however they would do that.

It's only repetitive if you run trains, imo. And frame rate has nothing to do with repetitiveness.

i want all the maps!classics as well!!

You and me both!

And @ rissole, I know what you mean with the limit. Its just that I'm assuming there will be more perks latter on, so we'd probably need 1 or 2 more slots. I'd say 1 more at the least from the standpoint of BO maps, so yeah, 5 would be alright.

Agreed with almost everything on here, except maybe the box weapons. I think they should do what Black Ops did with the classic maps: remove the original box weapons except for Wonder Weapons (and also, the crossbow and ballistic knife should probably stay in too) and put in the new game's weapons. Make the maps feel more fresh. That's just one guy's opinion though. Good job with these ideas man :)

As for the perks, they may want to raise the cap if they do add more perks. My idea is that they shouldn't add too many new perks, but rather add a system where the player can upgrade their perks to pro variants that have extra effects. I have thought this idea out, but it's too in-depth to go into here. I might make a topic about it, but what I'm saying is it would reduce the need to make new perks and increase the cap limit, along with the fact that the pro perks would be available in the classic maps as well giving them an even more fresh feel.

I agree with a lot of your points, especially the ones regarding the skins, but I loved Mule Kick in every map, it let me have different strategies. All in all I'd say that the BO maps are already too good looking and advanced to be updated graphics wise, the Xbox has the specs of a 2001 office printer anyways. Plus Kino looked bloody fantastic.