A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay yes it does originate from humans, the game specifically states who the maker of the Ray Gun is they actually have it written in-game in a document. Why you suddenly what to make a matter of debate on this is beyond me. We have solid evidence its made by humans by Group 935. We have tons of evidence to back this up.

THIS DEBATE IS CLOSED. This is not something up for debate at all understand I don't care what kind of evidence you bring to testify against this we have proof written in-game stating they made the thing.

@Matuzz stop being a parrot

Okay yes it does originate from humans, the game specifically states who the maker of the Ray Gun is they actually have it written in-game in a document. Why you suddenly what to make a matter of debate on this is beyond me. We have solid evidence its made by humans by Group 935. We have tons of evidence to back this up.

THIS DEBATE IS CLOSED. This is not something up for debate at all understand I don't care what kind of evidence you bring to testify against this we have proof written in-game stating they made the thing.

Humans have manufactured it... yes.

Did they develop it? No.

Exactly. We hear a weird noise? Well huh. That's odd. There's a weird noise when you acquire this 935 gun! Perhaps it's a backwards recording not. unlike. the. Pack-A-Punch. does sometimes. Anyhow, it doesn't change the origins of the Ray Gun, which are set in stone.

Japan made the blueprints for the weapon. Their ally, Germany, actually builds the gun.

The phrase "Origin Der Riese" is particularly interesting.

Exactly. We hear a weird noise? Well huh. That's odd. There's a weird noise when you acquire this 935 gun! Perhaps it's a backwards recording not. unlike. the. Pack-A-Punch. does sometimes. Anyhow, it doesn't change the origins of the Ray Gun, which are set in stone.

Japan made the blueprints for the weapon. Their ally, Germany, actually builds the gun.

The phrase "Origin Der Riese" is particularly interesting.

Exactly I said this debate is over and I meant it. Humans created it entirely (developed is the same thing Matuzz) the only thing apart of it that isn't human created was the element 115 that powers it. Which was not created by aliens.

THIS DEBATE IS OVER!!

The consensus that we gave was that ALL modes are canonical. The only exception is Survival modes where a story mode already exists, like Survival Bus Depot, or Survival Farm, or Survival Town. Everything else, from Survival Nacht der Untoten to Survival Nuketown to TranZit to Grief Cell Block to Turned Borough is canonical.

So, obviously Survival, TranZit, Die Rise, Mob of the Dead, and Buried are canonical. What about Grief? It's a versus mode. Not only does it had a TON of unique dialogue (Richtofen and Lucifer), but the playable characters aren't just a "red team" and "blue team". They are the CDC and CIA (or Prisoners and Prison Guards). Treyarch created new characters that appear in these modes. Therefore, we should accept them. The mission statement of this storyline is to include every detail possible.

So, if we accept Grief, it is only natural to accept Turned. Turned can be thought of as just Richtofen entertaining himself. We already know Richtofen has the power of resurrection, so the idea of the Cure is completely canonical.

As I was saying just before CoDz last crashed again, while I don't discourage the thought of trying to fit every possible thing into the world of Zombies as we know it, there's a point where it becomes obvious what IS storyline, and what is just for fun with little to no relevance to the events following the current storyline. So basically all other modes aside for each map, have no relevance to the storyline whatsoever. That I believe, is obvious. So while implementing ideas for how it could be relevant is interesting, I wouldn't encourage anyone to mistake them for facts.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

You need to separate pathos from logos.

It is "obvious"?

Why don't you just say that you don't feel like it counts?

This storyline dictates EVERY detail of the story. If it is an offshoot, I don't care. It's still part of the storyline in some form or another.

Hey, while we're at it, Oppenheimer doesn't have much to do with the main story, why don't we take him out, huh? What, do we have a quota? Only if you have so-so relevance to the story you'll be mentioned?

I would argue that it is obvious that they are part of the story. So since you decided to rely 0% on actual facts, it falls to my word versus yours. =_= But I've got facts... so... Yeah.

No Undead. Just, no.

You need to separate pathos from logos.

It is "obvious"?

Why don't you just say that you don't feel like it counts?

This storyline dictates EVERY detail of the story. If it is an offshoot, I don't care. It's still part of the storyline in some form or another.

Hey, while we're at it, Oppenheimer doesn't have much to do with the main story, why don't we take him out, huh? What, do we have a quota? Only if you have so-so relevance to the story you'll be mentioned?

I would argue that it is obvious that they are part of the story. So since you decided to rely 0% on actual facts, it falls to my word versus yours. =_= But I've got facts... so... Yeah.

No Undead. Just, no.

lol wut.

What facts do I need? it's obvious because each map so far the season has had it's own take on adding "mini games" to the original map, both the mode and the characters are completely irrelevant. I mean, you want me to assume that aside the N4, there are also what? 14 some odd agents out there from both either CDC or the CIA, that are there at random to begin with, look exactly the same, all happen to just be alive as well? If you want to think so, by my guest. As enthusiastic as I am as well about relating as many things as possible to some kind of relevance, there comes a point where it's made clear that "Okay, this steers away from what adds up" There's no bigger giveaway there that its separate from the maps story, and how our characters there are involved in it. No need to get defensive, MMX. I'm not saying "this is how it is, deal with it". I said I admire the ideas of how everything could be thrown in and involved with the overall story to make sense, but just because YOU say this is how it could be relevant, doesn't suddenly make it "fact" either.

Well now you are bothering to explain how it is "obvious". Before you didn't. You just left it at that.

Yes, TranZit, Die Rise, and Buried ALL made specific points about how we weren't the only survivors, that there were a bunch of other survivors out there. TranZit showed how they tried to get others to power the tower. Die Rise showed us a whole bunch of different survivors, how Richtofen had interacted with a bunch. Buried shows us how Maxis and Richtofen both had affected previous survivors.

Who were the previous survivors? Who knows, but perhaps a fraction of them belonged to the... I don't know.... CDC and CIA?

And for the record, the Marines looked the same. But they were still different characters.

We have facts. You just choose to ignore them. You choose to play the "it doesn't count" card. Look at this thread. That card almost always fails.

I guess diving deeper into my statement about the characters is that they are obviously more of a placeholder character. All look exactly the same, no personality, or dialog for that matter. They use these agents (CDC and CIA) as characters where the original characters, don't fit or belong because it wouldn't make sense. They have their spot in the actual storyline, the events of the map happen because of these characters. Is it possible that some of these other survivors could have been a mix of these agents? Yes, but in general, not the specific agents we actually play as. Because it's completely different every game. You spawn in as either the CDC OR the CIA with like no character or anything behind them to support that idea that you're playing specifically as these characters you mention, if that makes sense.

The marines in WaW are a different story. They actually don't infact, look exactly alike. It's just randomly selected between a few models of some Marine Raiders, whereas if you look especially at the CIA characters, they all look exactly alike. Even then, the O4 (Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and Richtofen), weren't even created yet. So who else would they use? Besides, didn't they later explain how the O4 were involved with Verruckt and Nacht?

I'm not saying these ideas supporting that these third party characters could be relevant or have had their past in the storyline origins some way or another. Just like how we're trying to fit them in, Treyarch had to figure out a way to throw something in there for it to make sense and let us figure out the rest or come up with our own theories on how it might be related.

But that's also my point, most of all this is still facts built on theory. Nothing ever, has been set in stone. It's just what adds up from what we DO know.

The characters are obviously designed characters that were created for the purpose of adding to the storyline. Obviously.

If the CDC and CIA were merely placeholder characters, then why were they substitute with Prisoners and Prison Guards for Alcatraz? Why, because they wanted to use characters that actually fit the area. They needed it to make sense. If they were just "placeholders" then Treyarch wouldn't care. They'd just put red team and blue team, or something like that. But Treyarch chose to specifically design CDC and CIA characters. Did they design each one differently? No. They didn't need to. They didn't put the personality or dialogue because every level they die and new ones take their place. They'd have to create 16 different CDC characters. Lay off on the developers, Undead. They can't do EVERYTHING.

Besides, Nuketown specifically showed us that the CDC and CIA are related to the story. So there's no reason to discredit any particular part of the CDC and CIA. So you're not just using the "it doesn't count" card. You're using the "that part of it doesn't count because I don't like it" card.

I don't even know why you are trying to argue this. It's pointless. There is no reason NOT to include them. They have particular story elements. (Should I make everything I stated into a list?) They're going to be included. This is a storyline over EVERYTHING POSSIBLE in Zombies, short of giving a history of mankind in general. This is not a storyline over everything possible in Zombies, short of giving a history of mankind in general and the side modes which we really rather not think count.

Don't be so ignorant, MMX.

I'm not so sure you're following what I'm saying because half of that post actually made sense to what I'm trying to explain in your own words;

If the CDC and CIA were merely placeholder characters, then why were they substitute with Prisoners and Prison Guards for Alcatraz? Why, because they wanted to use characters that actually fit the area. They needed it to make sense.

Of course they are going to put characters that fit the setting in the map. Even if they aren't apart of the "original" storyline of the map, they aren't going to just put anyone in there for the other modes either.

Look, I'm not saying the CDC and CIA characters are next to meaningless, I'm saying they aren't as involved specifically to each map as you seem to think. They don't have a unique agent for every map. It's all the same dude, they all look the same. The CIA and CDC in general, are just involved (GKNOVA? Blops menu monitors? Zombie labs? Yeah, I know they have some relevance). So, naturally, you're just going to be given a random CIA dude. He's not some special character, he has no name we know of, origin, story, etc. because they simply are just generic characters used to fit the map. That, we obviously agree on and that's part of what I've been saying; they aren't as involved, but they are there because they make sense. It wouldn't make sense, if we used the N4 if they already fit to the maps in the "real" storyline events that follow the map normally. So, they throw in some agents instead for these other modes. But that's all they are, modes as an alternative to the story for fun.

Archived