Takes place after the 1950s

Rissole25

Alright so we are don't have proof when Moon occurs, but we do know it occurs after the 1950's.

This is the warning sign in Area 51. It is based off a real life sign as well, seen all around the borders of Area 51.

This one says:

It is unlawful to enter this area without permission of the Installation Commander.

Sec. 322 (the RL one is 21), Internal Security Act of 1950; 50 U.S.C.797

While on this Installation all personnel and the property under their control are subject to search.

This confirms it is after 1950. I honestly think it is still present time, from Call of the Dead. Danny Trejo is based of his character Machete, the movie which was made in 2010. I don't think they time-travelled when they went to Shangri-La, and I just somehow don't think they time-traveled when they went to Area 51 (Apart from the Eclipse EE).

But that is just my opinion. But I just wanted to make sure we all know it IS after the 1950s.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad! I thought it was just a blurry 1. I'll change that.

Illuminati reference? How so? I just thought it was a bit strange seeing as how the number has been changed from it's real-life counterpart. I was even looking up to see when these signs were being made, but no such luck.

I'll still be looking for an actual confirmed date, or year at least. If they've given us this, than there has to be other clues we've yet to find. ;)

• Administrators

My bad! I thought it was just a blurry 1. I'll change that.

No worries

Illuminati reference? How so? I just thought it was a bit strange seeing as how the number has been changed from it's real-life counterpart. I was even looking up to see when these signs were being made, but no such luck.

322 is the Number Motto of Skull and Bones, which included members like George H.W. Bush. Skull and Bones is in direct affiliation with the Illuminati

I'll still be looking for an actual confirmed date, or year at least. If they've given us this, than there has to be other clues we've yet to find. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just one question about call of the dead, why does it have to be present time to have people that are alive in present time? I think the characters in cotd were just there for fun. I know there is alot to do with the storyline in cotd but I honestly think the characters are just for fun and it doesnt matter really who it was in cotd it would have been the same outcome either way for storyline as long as it wasnt the four main characters. I like how at round 50 though sarah says, "I think someone might be cheating".

• Administrators

Regardless of the characters, the time period effects the story greatly. But the characters do matter to the time period. I mean we aren't going to have JFK and them on CoTD because they died, see what I mean?

The one thing I don't understand is why some people claim the maps are in the present/future. The original 4 were in WW2, we had proof, they then referenced that Kino was in the 60s (only done so they could include all the Black Ops weapons/claymores and keep continuety with the story) and that was referrenced. So why would they change the time without referencing it, and why would they use Cold War weapons in the present/future?

• Administrators

I don't really think that we can include the weapons in the time period. Again, guns made in like 1988 are in Kino, that's not possible, but we go with it. It's just something in the game, not really included in the time line.

So why would they change the time without referencing it, and why would they use Cold War weapons in the present/future?

Like Tac said, I don't think we could include weapons as to determine the time period. I mean, if we are going by present time, this is around the time CoD 4 takes place. I'm assuming Infinity Ward and Treyarch's storylines don't occur in the same timeline. But that's not the point. I think if they included modern guns (from CoD 4), fans would take it as a cheap move from Treyarch to try and copy Infinty Ward. They would also be demanding these modern weapons in multiplayer.

Long story short, guns don't really help us determine the storyline.

Just one question about call of the dead, why does it have to be present time to have people that are alive in present time?

True that. Anyone could've just done it. However because they gave us these characters, this gives us a time period, plus we know it's in the future based off this quote.

Richtofen: "Ah much better, now I can see the problem. We must have gone too far in the future. Look, the teleporter is completely broken. The time circuits are damaged. We'll have to reboot the--"

• Administrators

Yeah, I mean we don't know it in the future though. I think he meant more along the lines of farther than where he wanted to end up. BUT! If he did mean too far in the future, than it would be March 17, 2012, and would set Moon up perfectly for Doomsday of the Earth.

So why would they change the time without referencing it, and why would they use Cold War weapons in the present/future?

Like Tac said, I don't think we could include weapons as to determine the time period. I mean, if we are going by present time, this is around the time CoD 4 takes place. I'm assuming Infinity Ward and Treyarch's storylines don't occur in the same timeline. But that's not the point. I think if they included modern guns (from CoD 4), fans would take it as a cheap move from Treyarch to try and copy Infinty Ward. They would also be demanding these modern weapons in multiplayer.

Long story short, guns don't really help us determine the storyline.

However Treyarch changed the weapons when in a flashback in the campaign, but granted they did bring Cold War weapons into the classic maps, however that can be interpreted as a remake of the maps and therefore non-canoicle. Secondly my first point still stands, why wouldn't they reference it.

• Administrators

If your implying that they are in 1961 because of the fact that that's when JFK said it, I don't think that they would have gone back in time. As for the idea in general, I don't think they have to reference it for you to go into the future. In fact, if you are all so absorbed in saying we DIDN'T time travel, they did reference it:

Richtofen in CoTD: "Looks like we teleported too far into the future."