No Man's Land: Survival Guide

Hello all, it's me Ehjookayted AKA EyeCntSpel bringing you another strategy-survival guide! I haven't made one for Moon yet and I think it's a great idea to start off with No Man's Land. This will allow you to dominate the Solo Leaderboards and perhaps, with enough coordination, get Juggernog for 2 people at the start. At least I hope that's the result.

No Man's Land Survival Guide

Brief Overview: So in case you're new to the concept of No Man's Land, you spawn here at the start of every game. Here is the only place to get Speed Cola or Juggernog. There is a 50/50 chance of either one of them spawning at the start. They then alternate every trip down via the teleporter on the moon (near the AK74u and Mule Kick). You take the large teleporter up to the Moon base. However, the teleporter is not immediately open. You have about a minute to get as many kill as possible till a horn rings, don't worry, all the zombies are one knife (don't bother point hoarding)...

Until the first siren (second sound you'll hear), about 1:15 seconds (coincidence? I think not :) ) zombies are one stab. At about a minute, the first horn sounds, and you are free to go up on the teleporter to Moon. Then after that, zombies become increasingly tougher, first taking two knives and then increasing health rapidly with each siren. Dogs also spawn with the first siren; they are one knife until the 3rd siren.

You cannot get any drops here. You are equipped with 40 pistol shots, 2 frag grenades and your combat knife. Since Pack-a-Punch also spawns here, you can rack up a ton of kills if you can manage to get the 5000 points, then Juggernog if you get the 2500 after PaP.

Don't worry it's easy to train the zombies... Or so you think :D (it actually is, it just takes practice getting used to running with zombies and dogs).

Now on to the guide...

Prioritize

There are many important things in No Man's Land but clearly number one, for all players, no matter what game, number of players, or what perk spawn you're playing with is to rack up points.

1. Accumulation of Points

This actually varies from game to game. There are the same number of zombies that spawn each time at the start, the only difference is where they spawn. If they are all spawning in the pools, then you're lucky and will have plenty of points to help you get started on Moon.

If they are spawning some in the pools and some on the ledges, then knife the ones you see and leave immediately when the siren sounds off.

If they aren't spawning at all in the pools, you can shoot with your pistol and leave ASAP.

I know people claim Juggernog is the most important, but if you can get 1500+ points before you leave there, you can open that first door in the Receiving Area and camp as you see fit.

2. Not Getting Greedy

If you get greedy with a bad team that doesn't have a strategy, you are doomed to die. Leave on the teleporter when you can because the zombies will swarm you even if you have a decent training strategy with the 4 player madness. Know when it's time to leave. Don't get downed with your nice build-up of points and make your way to the Moon!

3. Know Your Strategy

If you are good enough, you should restart until you get Juggernog. If you don't feel comfortable, stay with speed. Get about 1600 or so points and get out of there ASAP, as soon as the siren goes off.

This is where the plays begin to differ. My playbook includes a try hard solo strategy, a high round start strategy, a two player advanced high round attempt strategy, a two player normal round strategy and a few others.

Basically, when you and your teammate decide on Jugg vs. Speed Cola, get the routine down. Here's my advice. It is really hard to get Jugg for two people even with the best of them. It requires practice, that's all.

A common misconception is that Speed Cola is bad to start with. However, the contrary is actually true. Since the two alternate, Speed is the better to start with even with good players. You can accumulate enough points to theoretically buy Jugg for one person, leave, open the first door and camp there until round 4's end, make it all the way through to the labs, and go and get Jugg.

To be honest, getting Jugg requires absolute perfection, and sometimes luck with how many zombies go for your partner while you're training. It depends on the strategies. But No Man's Land is about solo destruction, so on we go!

Solo Survival

You want to get high on the leaderboards, eh? Searching for a way how? Here are some great tips and a couple running areas in which I have had success. Practice will allow me to get more kills, but constantly being able to get over 110 with these tactics in under 5 minutes lets me know I'm doing something right.

Or maybe you just want to get Jugg before round 1? I can do that too!

Now, down to basics (How to get Jugg before round 1):

Getting Juggernog to Spawn

Just restart until you see it, by turning right as soon as you spawn and waiting about 5 seconds. It's got a 50% of spawning so you'll get it eventually.

Starting off Well

Generally you want 1270 points before you start training, when aiming for Juggernog, so if you have less than that when the siren sounds, try and get 2 quick two knife kills. Otherwise, restart and try again. Stay on the left side of the map when looking from pack-a-punch. In this corner you will start and then loop back around the water, and then double back when you see a gap. Now drag your zombies toward you, running as far up as the stairs. Now run around a couple zombies if you have too or use the dodge or drag technique. Throw a grenade in front of you and hope for the best. Run over and past the nade.

Afterwords, just use some pistol ammo, knife the dogs, and 2500 shouldn't be that hard.

Take a look at RelaxingEnd's video for a visual explanation.

XAZ1ErZPtos

Do what he does until after the first grenade. It's simple enough. Often times, you won't need that 1800+ points at the start to get Jugg. You just need over 1270 and you'll get it easy. However, let's take a look at what Relaxing does to get even more points.

Mustang & Sally and the Road to 300

What you need to start is a few key things: ~1900 points, all your ammo, and a good running strategy. You can choose to run Relaxing's route, which is dangerous but takes the least amount of time, or choose a safer one.

Here is an alternate method by MatoM21

ArCAwnnyetc

In all honesty, I can't properly write you a way to run a train nor show you how to properly dodge a zombie. What I can do is let you know that this train, no matter how you run it, is heavy on cut-backs and drag-outs.

What is a cut-back? A cut back is when you are running in a circle with zombies behind you and as you turn the corner, you see too many zombies and judge that you cannot make it through. What you do is sprint, turn around, and run in a crescent around the zombies. This will almost always work if you have Juggernog, but is certain to down you without. It requires practice and timing. Expect to get hit once or twice, maybe even three times.

What is a drag-out? Drag outs are easy ways of training zombies. Naturally when walking with a pistol, you are faster than the zombies, even without the benefits of sprint. If you see one or two zombies coming in front of you, and you have all your zombies a little bit behind you, move back diagonally (do not sprint) and the zombies should step to the side, joining your train. This most definitely requires practice and timing but in the end, results in no hits at all. As a quick side note, dogs are faster than you as you walk, so be careful not to try this when dogs are on your tail. They will down you.

NOTE: Notice that the way Relaxing runs his train at the end is very complex. He is combining further advanced strategies with the two ones above. For this reason, do not try to attempt that train unless you have significant zombies experience and skill. Instead try how Mato runs it, employing the use of both drag-outs and cut backs.

Steps for Success

1. Restart until you get Juggernog, and until you have above 1800 points before you start the train.

2. Run the zombies in a train, first tossing a grenade, then knifing crawlers and spawning dogs. Try to wait till the second siren to blow up the zombies. You'll kill most of them, but leave crawlers and armless zombies, which are easy knife kills for a cool 140 points.

3. At the third siren, dogs are no longer one knife and you must train again. Throw a grenade when they're grouped again, creating plenty of crawlers. You should have around 4200 points by now. Shoot the crawlers with your pistol ammo, going for headshots only. Knife them if possible. Once you see spawning zombies run a train.

4. Continue, stabbing, shooting until you have 5000 points. If you don't have enough for Mustang & Sally within 5 minutes, then you're not gonna do much damage or get high kills.

5. Once you have 5000, keep up your train, put your pistols in pack-a-punch, and go around one more time, picking them up. Now this is the hard part. Mustang and Sally are of course known for their power but also their ability to kill you quickly. No Jugg for 2500 points. Can you do it?

7. Keep training zombies and shooting when you have room. You should get 2500 if you're careful. It's quite hard to not get mad to be so close and then down.

8. Once you have the 2500, you can two things:

-Kill all your zombies (this will only work if you've been in No Man's Land under probably 4 or so minutes) and then get Juggernog.

-Go to the pad, grab Jugg, train the zombies using the Pad strategy and then move on to your strategy of preference.

9. Keep on killing until you down! Or blow yourself up.

The Strategies

The Pad Strategy: Pretty easy once you're set up. Make sure to jump when you shoot the M&S.

Pool Strategy: Standard train, efficient, and can net you around 250-260 kills, which is more than enough for most people. Just keep in mind you'll have to do some cutting back and dragging out, whereas the bad strategy is just crescent cut backs.

Back Pool Strategy: Hard to describe, harder to perform. This involves some serious cut back drag outs as well as quick timing to jump across water. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this for people who haven't gotten 200 kills before. Stick with the generic pool strategy.

Side Drop Strategy: Amazingly efficient, dangerous, yet easily maneuverable when you've gotten the practice at it. This is a combination of everything we've talked about and it really culminates into this strategy.

This person's video has him at 2nd in the world on the PS3 (legit). Ignore FeelsBadBro on the leaderboards; he is a hacker and it has been proven. With this strategy I believe it to be possible to get 350 kills. MatoM21 has already gotten 349, presumably using this or maybe something better? Enjoy this video: use it, study it and start slaying!

EbRPlgf1U84

Conclusion

A great solo challenge that is both addicting and frustrating at times. However, the feeling of getting fully set up is a great one, and I hope that this guide will help you do so. To all my zombie slayers out there, have fun with this and I hope you enjoyed the guide! :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guide! You explain it so easily that anyone could understand. The use of videos also helps. I myself have only gotten around 41 kills. I can never have enough for PaP, and I always stuff up knifing the crawlers, but this guide should help me heaps.

Well Done! :)

Thanks man! I always say to myself when I write these guides "If I can help at least one person, it'll be worth it!"

The people who benefit keep me writing away and studying zombies. :D

Very good guide and should help a lot of people, No Man's Land is something that should be practiced in both solo and co-op as it's essential to decide when you're going to get Juggernog and work your strategy around that. Also helps a LOT if you can build some nice points before going to the Moon.

When playing Moon solo I always play No Man's Land as if I'm going for a high-kill record, but rather than killing myself when I run out of M&S ammo I hop on the teleporter and go to the moon with 10k+ points, Juggernog and an M&S that will come back in use when the next Max Ammo drops. Couldn't ask for a much better start to a zombies game then what you can make from No Man's Land!

Very good guide and should help a lot of people, No Man's Land is something that should be practiced in both solo and co-op as it's essential to decide when you're going to get Juggernog and work your strategy around that. Also helps a LOT if you can build some nice points before going to the Moon.

When playing Moon solo I always play No Man's Land as if I'm going for a high-kill record, but rather than killing myself when I run out of M&S ammo I hop on the teleporter and go to the moon with 10k+ points, Juggernog and an M&S that will come back in use when the next Max Ammo drops. Couldn't ask for a much better start to a zombies game then what you can make from No Man's Land!

I'm not quite there yet. If I get enough points for M&S, then I'm going to try and make a leaderboard run out of it.

Otherwise, in a normal Solo game, I'll use up all my M1911 ammo and both nades, get jugg, and then teleport to the Moon. I usually have 1500-2000 points when I start on the Moon.

I'm not quite there yet. If I get enough points for M&S, then I'm going to try and make a leaderboard run out of it.

Otherwise, in a normal Solo game, I'll use up all my M1911 ammo and both nades, get jugg, and then teleport to the Moon. I usually have 1500-2000 points when I start on the Moon.

It's a difficult thing to master. I think the key things are, make at least 1500 before the first siren. Few more knife kills afterwards when it's safe to do so, knife any dogs of course. Then cook and throw a grenade at about the same time as the 2nd siren, making sure they're all bunched up real tight. Now here's the important bit that many people miss, I used to miss too - as soon as the grenade goes off, there will be some crawlers and probably some runners left - knife ALL of them as quickly as you can. They'll all have taken grenade damage so they'll all be 1 hit kills. You could potentially make an extra 1k points here, which will make a HUGE difference between getting the M&S and not being able to get it.

After this just keep knifing dogs before the 3rd siren, throw another nade at about the third siren, knife crawlers when safe and use all the M1911 ammo. Should easily make over 5k doing this.

It's a difficult thing to master. I think the key things are, make at least 1500 before the first siren. Few more knife kills afterwards when it's safe to do so, knife any dogs of course. Then cook and throw a grenade at about the same time as the 2nd siren, making sure they're all bunched up real tight. Now here's the important bit that many people miss, I used to miss too - as soon as the grenade goes off, there will be some crawlers and probably some runners left - knife ALL of them as quickly as you can. They'll all have taken grenade damage so they'll all be 1 hit kills. You could potentially make an extra 1k points here, which will make a HUGE difference between getting the M&S and not being able to get it.

After this just keep knifing dogs before the 3rd siren, throw another nade at about the third siren, knife crawlers when safe and use all the M1911 ammo. Should easily make over 5k doing this.

Yup, I got all that. I think the sticky points for me right now are...

- After the first nade goes off, cleaning up all the crawlers and runners. I know what has to be done, but WOW is it sketchy trying to clean up efficiently while everything is spawning in on top of you. Sometimes I'm still dazed from the cooked nade going off right in front of me, and because of all the sudden death and destruction the game gets laggy for a second. This is maybe the trickiest part of the whole thing.

- Then immediately after that getting the zombies grouped up tight again, and getting that second nade off ASAP. How many you kill off, and how many crawlers you make right here with the second nade, is a make or break point for me on whether this is going to be a good run or not. I find myself improvising a lot at this stage to get my swarm back together for the second nade, rather than having a solid go-to route. But you got to get that nade off quick before the zombies get stronger, so you can kill more of them.

At this point, sometime I have more than enough point, and don't bother wasting the rest of my M1911 ammo before PAP'ing. And other times I use up all my ammo and kill every crawler, yet I'm still a couple hundred points shy of PAP'ing.

- Assuming everything is good to go, and I PAP my pistols, I feel as though I'm taking too much time to build up my points for the Jugg perk. But at the same time, I'm still squishy, and those hellhounds are quick to intercept my M&S rounds so they explode in my face. And I also want to use my ammo efficiently. So it's a challenge to juggle all those factors.

- Also, I think I could use improvement on my judgement of when I fire 1 M&S round, and when I fire both guns at the same time. Whats the most efficient way to gauge when to pull the trigger(s)?

You're right it has a LOT to do with luck, whether the spawning is good in the earlier stages and as you said if the grenades do well or not. Even if you're the world's greatest player, you're not gonna get a good run every time.

When I'm shooting my M&S, most of the time I tend to use 2 shots to make sure I get kills and for beter spread. What I tend to do is sprint, do a sideways jump and shoot in mid-air, the sideways part helps avoid the dogs that are in your face.

The key, in my opinion is, to get at least 2000 points, and after the 2nd siren rings, you need to get lucky with the nade, so that it can kill all the zombies except 2 runners and 2 crawlers. There is a slight spawn delay, as only dogs will spawn first. Do not watch them.

Instead, go for the knives on the runners (make sure they have one arm, or they won't be a one knife kill) and then try to knife the crawlers. If you can't knife, go for headshots. You want to then knife the dogs for over 3800 points. Afterwords, stay on the left drop side (when facing the teleporter) so that you can horde the zombies and knife dogs, landing a nice grenade on them at the end of the 3rd siren or beginning of 4th. This nets you about 8-12 crawlers, which you can then shoot as you loop around, netting you the 5000 points (usually around 5200).

Afterwords, it's all about circling and jumping to shoot Mustang & Sally till 2500, then running the pad to get Jugg, and moving on to your strategy of choice.

Watch the videos. They should explain quite a lot.

Great guide, i am trying for 300+ and it's way harder than i originally thought.

Thanks! And yeah, it is very difficult. With enough practice, I've been able to repeat 100 plus kill games, but to get to 300 kills and over, it requires that you pack-a-punch within 120 seconds. Otherwise, they'll just be too strong. It takes a lot of luck as well. 250 is definitely a good target for everyone. Probably doable within an hour in my opinion.

Hey Eye, great guide. I was finally able to spend a couple of hours today in no man's land, got PAP and Juggs 3 times with the fasest PAP coming at 117 seconds, 124 to pick up gun.

What I realised was a few things -

It requires a fair bit of luck. You need quick spawning zombies in the pools, dogs to spawn at the right times in the right places.

When you get lag from the grenade its very difficult.

Finding a good path to get the zombies in the ideal space for a grenade is crucial. When I was running randomly I was stretching them too much, once I got a good little tactic going I was consistently able to get really good results with the first grenade which is so important.

My biggest mistake still if shooting the M&S at the wrong time, normally as 2 dogs jump at me. Kills me everytime.

I'm not certain I could get 300 but 250 is pretty achievable I think. And the 2p thing we were talking about is definitely on!

Hellhounds love to fetch them nades and M&S rounds

i hate how the hounds kick the nades back at me and dive infront of the M&S rounds 2 feet infront of me. so fustrating.

thats why i like the teleporter pad strategy. i got 236 kills on there, some wasted ammo, slow spawns, but no dogs is so much more enjoyable.

i hate how the hounds kick the nades back at me and dive infront of the M&S rounds 2 feet infront of me. so fustrating.

I feel ya on that!

thats why i like the teleporter pad strategy. i got 236 kills on there, some wasted ammo, slow spawns, but no dogs is so much more enjoyable.

At what point do you decide to make a run for the teleporter pad area?

Guys, I've been working on my No Man's Land and can say that getting Juggernog from PaP is the most time consuming thing. In order to break 300 kills, you'll need Mustang and Sally as well as Jugg by around 2:30.

In addition, the pad strategy is extremely safe for up to 290 kills if the time is right. If you want to go higher than that, your best bet is to use the side drop strategy or the back pool strategy. The reason for this is zombie spawn times.

The strategies above are clearly more dangerous but net a better end result than pad strategies. This is only for people striving for the 300 kills. The maximum number of kills in No Man's Land appears to be 350, as MatoM21 got 349 and FeelsBadBro hacked to show 424.

This challenge is by far the best one to date, as it takes a little less than 12 minutes per game. Enjoy!

I got 252 kills last night, around 115th in the world by now. 115- awesome coincidence! But this guide has shown to work and hopefully Chopper will be able to post a vid on here of his successes. Everyone, also check out StonedShooter's great guide for Moon Co-Op as well as Superhands' solo guide. The zombie community on here has really stepped up their game in terms of writing guides and everyone's games should benefit from all our hard work.

Happy hunting, zombie butchers!

Co-op Guide by StonedShooter- viewtopic.php?f=72&t=17661

Solo by Superhands- viewtopic.php?f=72&t=17624

I got 252 kills last night, around 115th in the world by now. 115- awesome coincidence! But this guide has shown to work and hopefully Chopper will be able to post a vid on here of his successes. Everyone, also check out StonedShooter's great guide for Moon Co-Op as well as Superhands' solo guide. The zombie community on here has really stepped up their game in terms of writing guides and everyone's games should benefit from all our hard work.

Happy hunting, zombie butchers!

Co-op Guide by StonedShooter- viewtopic.php?f=72&t=17661

Solo by Superhands- viewtopic.php?f=72&t=17624

Nice post mate linking to 2 really good guides.

I've had lots of success today with it, my biggest problem still is my over aggressiveness. Was just on 140 kills around 4 minutes in when my little boy turned my PS3 off!

It's incredibly frustrating though waiting for a nice start.......the difference between 1400 points and 2300 when they start to sprint is incredible in terms of PAP time. 1400, even 1300 is doable, but takes a lot of time.

The key is to establish a certain routine of throwing grenades at the right time. With your second train, you'll always want to shoot your pistol ammo into them so that, when the grenade explodes, you can pack-a-punch immediately. This can lead to incredibly fast PaP times and with careful training, the ability to hit 300 kills.

The key is to establish a certain routine of throwing grenades at the right time. With your second train, you'll always want to shoot your pistol ammo into them so that, when the grenade explodes, you can pack-a-punch immediately. This can lead to incredibly fast PaP times and with careful training, the ability to hit 300 kills.

This clicked for me today :D Thanks Eye!

Crescent is this shape

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... nt.svg.png

If you perform that shape going backwards it's incredibly effective at quickly collecting zombies into a small group.

A cutback would be when you get to the point on either end of the crescent and you quickly reverse direction, circling slightly outside the imaginary area you have just traced to avoid any hits. Eye and I are working on some video guides to some of the more advanced kiting stuff, look out for it!