Zap Gun/Wave Gun - Best Wonder Weapon Ever?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the best is the thundergun just because I have had a few fail shots with the wave gun and the thundergun but the thundergun lets you see after you shoot it and with the wave gun you cant tell whats around you afteryou shoot it. for me it goes,

Thundergun

wave gun

JGB for its ammo

v-r11

ray gun

mustang and sally, I think this because my friend got out of a corner on round 65 with an entire mustang and sally on moon once.

scavenger

and the winters howl

Mine's

Shrinkray(because it's awesome)

Wavegun

Za vundarvafa dg2! (the wonder waffe dg2 -_-")

Raygun

Thundergun(I just don't like to use it)

Scavenger

Mustang and Sally (I realy dislike this gun)

Vr11 on co-op (because it helps your teammates)

Vr11 on solo(anyone else think vr11 looks like vrill?)

I like the Thundergun the best still IMO, The Wave Gun a close 2nd though.

why-

Shrink Gun, you need to kick them, and they must be VERY clustered up, so your gonna hurt yourself a little while doing so.

Winter's Howl: You need multiple shots to freeze them, fire cap, etc. it's just not that good at all.

Scavenger: No infinite damage, shot delay.

Wunderwaffe: electricity must chain and zombies have to go through zapping animation so you can't keep running through them+ Plus if there's a full spawn, trapping you in a corner you're gonna need 3 shots cause of it's 10 zombie kill cap per blast, so i.e. your either a leprechaun or you're dead.

Ray Gun: No infinite damage, just makes crawlers for the most part round 30+

VR11: If you're in co op with someone else who understands it's strategy, it can be very useful, but not to the degree of others and often it's hard to hit the person because they won't stand still for you to shoot.

So yeah every other gun has some delay the Thundergun makes up for with instant effect. Nothing saves you ass as good or has as wide of a hit radius.

It's only drawbacks are low ammo, but any wonder weapons suffers this, and no reloading, but besides that it's the best IMO. The Fractionalizer may have a bigger FKC, but it's hard to achieve and involves getting hurt when kicking them so that's a big minus.

Also, I never understood what's with all the big love for the Wunderwaffe as the best, I understand it's really cool and the first infinite damage one, but it's just not as good as some of the others. It's reload is a whole 6 seconds. It takes time to zap, in WAW it can take away Jug, It's got a 10 kill cap, so i.e. it takes 3 shots to kill a max spawn, just a lot of flaws like that.

Also, I never understood what's with all the big love for the Wunderwaffe as the best, I understand it's really cool and the first infinite damage one, but it's just not as good as some of the others. It's reload is a whole 6 seconds. It takes time to zap, in WAW it can take away Jug, It's got a 10 kill cap, so i.e. it takes 3 shots to kill a max spawn, just a lot of flaws like that.

My words... But I don't have the balls to say it loud ;)

I'd still take the Wave Gun over the Thundergun (or anything else) any day. Sure, the Thundergun has a wider radius - but who needs that when you're gathering your trains nice and tight? As a life saver too, the Thundergun is prone to the occasional fail, whereas I've yet to know of any failing in the Wave Gun. All of this, plus you get the Zap Gun on the side, which when upgraded has 124 shots in total, which has the ability to take out 5 more groups of zombies.

I'd take the Thundergun over everything else.

For 3rd place... can't decide between Mustang & Sally & Awful Lawton, so they're tied 3rd. Awful Lawton has unquestionably better defensive capabilities (i.e. freeing you if you get trapped), as it's effective at any round. But the M&S is a great group-clearing weapon up to about round 40. I've managed to incorporate the Mustang & Sally into all of my solo strategies on any map that has a PaP, Flopper or no Flopper. Same goes for the Awful Lawton in co-op games if I don't get the life-saving Wonder Weapon.

Shrink Ray gets 5th place. Great gun and can safe your life if trapped, just hate the fact that you have to kick all of the zombies afterwards, which can be disastrous if you get red-screened before you free yourself. I tend to use a Mustang & Sally to save my ass up to round 40 on Shangri-La, better mobility and I just feel safer with it.

Wunderwaffe in 6th place. It'd be a lot better if it had more ammo as it takes 3 shots to clear a wave. Sure the W@W version of the DG3 did it all in one shot, but it also had the dreaded Juggernog-disabling glitch. Some path-clearing abilities, always worth a try if you think you're facing inevitable death, you can sometimes get away with a red-screen. IMO, overrated weapon.

Winter's next, 7th place. I personally think this weapon is a little underrated, it still has pretty good life saving and group-clearing abilities to get you through to round 30. I'd still take the Lawton over it any day though.

Scavenger in 8th. Very powerful weapon, but starts becoming a liability in the high rounds. No defensive capabilities whatsoever.

9th place, Ray Gun, or the overRayted Gun as I like to call it. It's a good powerful weapon to get through the earlier rounds quickly, but I normally get rid of it not long after round 30.

Last place, VR11. It's a useful tool, especially for 2 good co-operative players, but it's nothing spectacular in most aspects.

Dude.... Totally just kicked a baby napalm zombie into a rape train! Death your name is fire.... And earlier I was playing with the wave gun, and I got caught up in a mass mix of zombies, and I wondered what does the wave gun do to the fasing nova6 crawlers.....

I wish they had the shrink Ray on moon....tear....

For 3rd place... can't decide between Mustang & Sally & Awful Lawton, so they're tied 3rd. Awful Lawton has unquestionably better defensive capabilities (i.e. freeing you if you get trapped), as it's effective at any round. But the M&S is a great group-clearing weapon up to about round 40. I've managed to incorporate the Mustang & Sally into all of my solo strategies on any map that has a PaP, Flopper or no Flopper. Same goes for the Awful Lawton in co-op games if I don't get the life-saving Wonder Weapon.

About third place. For me, it is really simple. Till 40, the M&S, anything higher the crossbow. I agree completely what you said on all other guns! The problem is just, how do you rank a gun? It's abilities to help reviving? It's power in low rounds? In high rounds? Defensive or offensive abilities? It's pretty cool to read these rankings!

I'm doing this really intuitive here, but there is mine, without explanations, cause they pretty much fit Superhands' ;)

I just try to get the compromise between low rounds and high rounds, between offensive and defensive.

1) Wave

2) Thunder

3) M&S

4) Shrink

5) Bow (I just came up with it as a wondergun, since it is the only useful non-infinite damage gun in high rounds)

6) Wunderwaffe

7) Scavenger

8) Ray

9) Winters'

10) VR-11

About third place. For me, it is really simple. Till 40, the M&S, anything higher the crossbow. I agree completely what you said on all other guns! The problem is just, how do you rank a gun? It's abilities to help reviving? It's power in low rounds? In high rounds? Defensive or offensive abilities? It's pretty cool to read these rankings!

I've ranked them for both their defensive and offensive capabilities, basically just in the order that I prefer them :lol: I think I became a fan of the Lawton from playing solo on FIVE, got me out of so many sticky situations and I've reached round 42 with 0 downs on the same map, because I was using it as a defensive weapon. Also forgot to mention another disadvantage of the M&S which you mentioned, the smoke caused by the shots can be a pain if you've just saved yourself from being trapped, you don't know how many zombies are coming at you or how close they are, so you could once again walk into danger and your health may not have recovered. Still love my M&S though, plenty of positives to it :D

Being a support player is actually sometimes a really good role to play when trying to go high rounds, a lot of people neglect that role themselves. I actually personally enjoy using the Lawton a lot, and the PaP'ed Ballistics. They become ridiculously unhelpful kill-wise past 25ish, but reviving with them is a good time, and actually has increased my aiming abilities in black ops significantly. I've got to say though, the T-Gun and Wave-gun are great, just wonderful.

I wished you had put the C3000 (PaPed Colt in WaW) as an option. C3000 vs. M&S would be like Bouncing Betty vs. Claymore. No contest, the best gun in Zombies (at least, in my opinion) I put wave gun because there wasn't the option for C3000. Wave gun is also beast just for the sheer ammo. It's like having a thundergun and dual wield miniature wunderwaffes, all packed into one gun. I hope they bring it into future maps.

I'm sorry to ask, but really how useful are Mustang and Sally on maps when you don't have Flopper? Because I know they can be used well without it in skilled hands, but it just doesn't make sense to me because I normally use them to clear the way when I get swarmed, but, on those maps I would down myself anyways so what's really the point? I know they can be used to kill trains to but on higher rounds it takes a lot of ammo and I've had crawlers with them as early as 18, I just don't find them as reliable out of sticky situations on 30+.

Maybe if there's some tricks to them.

The only maps I really love them on are Ascension, CotD, but that's mainly because I never get the Thundergun on Ascension and CotD has no OH F### weapons as I call them so I don't really have much choice. But I must say they saved my ass a good half dozen+ times on my trip to round 37 with 400,000 points.

M&S is useful without Flopper in sticky situations (i.e. getting corner trapped) through the 20's.

Well, that's the exact time I'm talking about, if you're cornered the M&S will down you when you shoot them, maybe if you hit them good and fast you can hit a guy coming in in front of you but that's all I can think of for saving safely without flopper. I guess they're just more of a gamble.

If you have Jug, I'm pretty sure you can shoot twice at point blank without killing yourself in the 20's. I would shoot once and then jump over the crawlers, but if they're are full size zombies, switch weapons and finish them.

Really? In my experience I've always seemed to down myself in just 2 shots even if they aren't point black, then again I haven't used them in a while on non-flopper maps.

If you have Jug, I'm pretty sure you can shoot twice at point blank without killing yourself in the 20's. I would shoot once and then jump over the crawlers, but if they're are full size zombies, switch weapons and finish them.

Really? In my experience I've always seemed to down myself in just 2 shots even if they aren't point black, then again I haven't used them in a while on non-flopper maps.

I think that's if you don't have jug, at least from my experience. You just have to get used to it.

• 2 months later...

I went with Hell Yeah! And now I'm going to say it again.

HELL YEAH!

I just love everything about it.

-It's Insta-kill forever. :D

-it's so fun to use, dance like electrical puppets or microwave zombies! :D

-It's absolutely gorgeous, dual wield or assault style. :D

-it goes "Pew Pew!"

Sorry if I brought a dead topic back. Just wanted to contribute. :oops: