Zap Gun/Wave Gun - Best Wonder Weapon Ever?

I was the same with COTD, I think it's cuz George was the first mid-round boss and I was like WTF? But then I got used to him and how to deal with him, all of a sudden it became one of my favourite maps. I think all good players know the real effectiveness of an SMG off the wall - most would even say if there's a good point-builder on the wall on-route or in the area that you're running your train, then pick that over any LMG from the box. Like in Der Riese, I buy the Thompson before hitting the box and stick with it 'til the game is over.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its ok IMO its not a wonder weapons I would want that much now dont get me wrong it an amazing weapon but I never really liked the two in one idea.. and maybe its just me but zap guns never works for me to get me out of tight spots... its a great weapon but if you play with me 50% of the time I wont even want it..

my list goes..

1. Scavanger

2. Winters Howl

3. VR-11

4. Wunderwaffe DG-2

5. Mustang & Sally ;)

6. 31-79 JGB 215

7. Wave gun/Zap gun

8. Ray gun

9. Thunder gun

its ok IMO its not a wonder weapons I would want that much now dont get me wrong it an amazing weapon but I never really liked the two in one idea.. and maybe its just me but zap guns never works for me to get me out of tight spots... its a great weapon but if you play with me 50% of the time I wont even want it..

my list goes..

1. Scavanger

2. Winters Howl

3. VR-11

4. Wunderwaffe DG-2

5. Mustang & Sally ;)

6. 31-79 JGB 215

7. Wave gun/Zap gun

8. Ray gun

9. Thunder gun

You're right about the Zap Gun not being able to save your ass if you get surrounded. The Wave Gun however is unbeatable in that aspect.

Must say though you always have a very interesting choice in weapons ;)

• 2 months later...

The way I see it, use the Ray gun on lower rounds, and the wave gun / duel wield zap guns for the hire rounds when the Ray gun stops becoming useful..... Then of course you still need jug quick revive(solo) and any other perks if you want them, along with upgrading your weapons asap..... I suggest getting like 8900 points or so, at least, so you can go to area 51 kill a zombie or two, hack the pap, gain 1000 for hacking, and upgrade both weapons, also make sure you have a gersh device for when the gates open....or at least that's my strategy..... [brains]

The way I see it, use the Ray gun on lower rounds, and the wave gun / duel wield zap guns for the hire rounds when the Ray gun stops becoming useful..... Then of course you still need jug quick revive(solo) and any other perks if you want them, along with upgrading your weapons asap..... I suggest getting like 8900 points or so, at least, so you can go to area 51 kill a zombie or two, hack the pap, gain 1000 for hacking, and upgrade both weapons, also make sure you have a gersh device for when the gates open....or at least that's my strategy..... [brains]

I personally find using anything other than the Zap Guns/Wave Gun a disadvantage in solo play on Moon. If you buy the Bowie Knife ASAP, which I normally do on round 1 after making about 15k points in NML, you can use that to make a ton of points up to the end of round 9. You can then leave a crawler and chase the box around until you get the Wave Gun and Gersch Devices. You then use the Wave Gun to do all of your killing, throw out a Gersch to drop a powerup when you're out of ammo and hack the drop to a Max Ammo. ALWAYS works, even in the 50+ rounds at least one of your Devices will drop a powerup if you've used all of your Wave Gun and Zap Gun ammo. Rinse and repeat ;) The only weapon you need if you get into trouble with the Astronaut is the Mustang & Sally.

Mustang & Sally can be considered wonder weapons, correct? As wonder weapons are not something you could see in everyday life... I think we could count pistols auto-firing grenades as one.

Mustang and Sally Advantages

-Don't need to aim to use them

-Will always cost the same price (5000)

-Available on every map

-Saves your life guaranteed until around round 50

-Run extremely fast with them

-Create drops with them

-Easily save teammates

Disadvantages

-Need Flopper to work at all

-Killing hordes with them is not cost-efficient

-Starts to be useless after round 50+

Wave Gun Advantages

-Two weapons

-Not known to fail

-One shot kill forever

-Zap Guns are efficient for killing small groups (always one shot kill)

-Life saver in a pinch

Disadvantages

-Smaller radius than Thundergun

-Could cost a fortune to get

-Only one per team

-Requires some aim

The Verdict

Mustang & Sally are great for any use until round 50, but they do essentially take away a perk slot. However, on Moon, that effect is not so bad, since you'll want Flopper to stop the fall damage. The Wave Gun is essential on higher rounds and is always a one shot kill. The rebuttal for this is that those high rounds are not always reachable. We can rule that the Wave Gun is by far the best box wonder weapon in the game, but when it comes down to it, Mustang & Sally are invaluable.

Mustang & Sally can be considered wonder weapons, correct? As wonder weapons are not something you could see in everyday life... I think we could count pistols auto-firing grenades as one.

Mustang and Sally Advantages

-Don't need to aim to use them

-Will always cost the same price (5000)

-Available on every map

-Saves your life guaranteed until around round 50

-Run extremely fast with them

-Create drops with them

-Easily save teammates

Disadvantages

-Need Flopper to work at all

-Killing hordes with them is not cost-efficient

-Starts to be useless after round 50+

Wave Gun Advantages

-Two weapons

-Not known to fail

-One shot kill forever

-Zap Guns are efficient for killing small groups (always one shot kill)

-Life saver in a pinch

Disadvantages

-Smaller radius than Thundergun

-Could cost a fortune to get

-Only one per team

-Requires some aim

The Verdict

Mustang & Sally are great for any use until round 50, but they do essentially take away a perk slot. However, on Moon, that effect is not so bad, since you'll want Flopper to stop the fall damage. The Wave Gun is essential on higher rounds and is always a one shot kill. The rebuttal for this is that those high rounds are not always reachable. We can rule that the Wave Gun is by far the best box wonder weapon in the game, but when it comes down to it, Mustang & Sally are invaluable.

Agree with this. You'll always find any good player trying to get the M&S by round 10 or ASAP after that on any map with Flopper. I've also managed to incorporate it into my strategy on Der Riese and FIVE even though they don't have Flopper, without risking downing myself with them. This of course is something you learn by playing No Man's Land ;)

The Wave Gun is no doubt a badass weapon. You can clear trains, rooms, etc. plow your way through waves with the Zap Guns, and its a general Life saver.... But its "life Saving" properties are almost butchered when paired with the upgraded AUG or M16. (Honestly, the only reason I would ever use these 3 weapons as a Combo at one time would just be to say "Hey look, I have 6 weapons!")

My favorite is the WunderWaffe DG3 JZ (Black Ops version). Decent ammo count, fires around corners, ya dont need a full train to get full results. not to mention its point scoring capabilities are far superior to the T-Gun and Wave Gun (Maybe not Zap Gun) WunderWaffe FTW!!!

The T-Gun, Shrink Ray, and Scavenger are Wonderweapons I prefer OTHER people to have.

I havent gotten Mustang and Sally in a long time (besides on Moon) But its mostly because my Most-played maps dont have Flopper. I actually liked the C-3000 B1ATCH35 from WaW a lot better. Its more what I expected/wanted from a Rocket pistol

I love getting the Wave Gun/WunderWaffe, and if I get a VR-11, I'll usually do the COTD easter Egg, get a WW, then get rid of the VR-11. (I WOULD use it for its Co-Op insta-kill affect, but nobody ever stands still when I fire. It seems like the moment I try to shoot someone, they sidestep out of the way. Just more trouble than its worth)

Sorta Off Topic: Awsome "rebound" trick for people who die out while down. When they come back, unload an ENTIRE clip of the Lazerus into them, and they get a full minute of free-time to get points, guns, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally find using anything other than the Zap Guns/Wave Gun a disadvantage in solo play on Moon. If you buy the Bowie Knife ASAP, which I normally do on round 1 after making about 15k points in NML, you can use that to make a ton of points up to the end of round 9. You can then leave a crawler and chase the box around until you get the Wave Gun and Gersch Devices. You then use the Wave Gun to do all of your killing, throw out a Gersch to drop a powerup when you're out of ammo and hack the drop to a Max Ammo. ALWAYS works, even in the 50+ rounds at least one of your Devices will drop a powerup if you've used all of your Wave Gun and Zap Gun ammo. Rinse and repeat ;) The only weapon you need if you get into trouble with the Astronaut is the Mustang & Sally.

But wouldn't getting the Bowie knife suck the air out of the.... Oh wait you can just go into the labs before you turn on the power! :facepalm: then you get the bowie knife AND the hacker! Duh me!

I personally prefer the Thundergun, it seems to have more spread when firing. I also like how all the zombies just disappear after you use it. I really don't like running through a bunch of floating zombies. It blocks my vision so I can't quite tell if there is a stray zombie running through. Plus I think the thundergun is the coolest looking gun in the game. When I get it from the box you just get that elated feeling, one that I never get from any other gun.

But wouldn't getting the Bowie knife suck the air out of the.... Oh wait you can just go into the labs before you turn on the power! :facepalm: then you get the bowie knife AND the hacker! Duh me!

It's also possible to get it with normal gravity, a little harder but nothing dramatic ;)

I personally prefer the Thundergun, it seems to have more spread when firing. I also like how all the zombies just disappear after you use it. I really don't like running through a bunch of floating zombies. It blocks my vision so I can't quite tell if there is a stray zombie running through. Plus I think the thundergun is the coolest looking gun in the game. When I get it from the box you just get that elated feeling, one that I never get from any other gun.

But it stops being useful after round 40 or so, the wunder waffe dg2 and the wave gun, heck even the vr11 and the 31-?? Jgb (shrink Ray ) will still be oneshot kills after round 40 or so.....I'm not sure with the shrink gun though, and the vR11 will still only effect one zombie...

@ super hands, but that cuts off the air in the labs, and I normally try to keep the air in incase I want to grab the hacker and do the Easter egg, witch by the way, if your playing with not noobs but not good people with 3 bars connection, is freaking imposable..... Don't even get me started on shangri la's stupid "acquire the focusing stone " step....

But it stops being useful after round 40 or so, the wunder waffe dg2 and the wave gun, heck even the vr11 and the 31-?? Jgb (shrink Ray ) will still be oneshot kills after round 40 or so.....I'm not sure with the shrink gun though, and the vR11 will still only effect one zombie...

I hope you don't mean the Thundergun by "it" because the Thundergun is a one shot kill the entire game, to infinite rounds, and has been shown to do infinite damage.

The JGB shrinks the zombies and gives them 1 point of health, if I recall correctly. That's why anything can kill them, even running through them.

I hope you don't mean the Thundergun by "it" because the Thundergun is a one shot kill the entire game, to infinite rounds, and has been shown to do infinite damage.

The JGB shrinks the zombies and gives them 1 point of health, if I recall correctly. That's why anything can kill them, even running through them.

Yeah I guess my information was a AWFUL shot, because he stated what I have previously stated, and he was wrong after further research.....

@ super hands, but that cuts off the air in the labs, and I normally try to keep the air in incase I want to grab the hacker and do the Easter egg, witch by the way, if your playing with not noobs but not good people with 3 bars connection, is freaking imposable..... Don't even get me started on shangri la's stupid "acquire the focusing stone " step....

So wait... you're suggesting that buying the Bowie Knife after the power has been turned on decompresses the labs? And the Thundergun stops being a 1-hit kill after a while? Sorry to say this man and no offense meant whatsoever, but either your game is screwed or the person that tells you these things is having a laugh at your expense :lol:

No just the thunder gun, but yeah isn't the Bowie knife in the labs? On that wall above the stairs? If you turn the power on there will be air and gravity in the labs, that means you can't get it, unless you blow up a window and let the air out, and the gravity. Then you can grab the Bowie knife, but for the rest of the game there won't be any air in the labs, so you can't do the Easter egg step where you hack the terminals in the labs, without dying of course....

No just the thunder gun, but yeah isn't the Bowie knife in the labs? On that wall above the stairs? If you turn the power on there will be air and gravity in the labs, that means you can't get it, unless you blow up a window and let the air out, and the gravity. Then you can grab the Bowie knife, but for the rest of the game there won't be any air in the labs, so you can't do the Easter egg step where you hack the terminals in the labs, without dying of course....

Actually if you time your jump just right you can get it with gravity. Sprint and jump at the very last second, look up a little, and hold the X/Square button and you should get it.

Taking gravity away doesn't make your jump higher, it just slows it down.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was typing this as he posted. :lol:

Actually if you time your jump just right you can get it with gravity. Sprint and jump at the very last second, look up a little, and hold the X/Square button and you should get it.

Taking gravity away doesn't make your jump higher, it just slows it down.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was typing this as he posted. :lol:

Lol ok I have to make this quote now I'm not being mean I just want to say the quote,: Mexican accent: they fired at us! British accent : yes we can see this THANK YOU FOR KEEPING US INFORMED!

To me the waw der riese wunderwaffe is the best.

Don't like many of the new weapons expect winter's howl(I know its weak but it's fun to use for me) and vr-11 (never used it before but knowing what it does to my teammate is helpful if I have to revive and a teammate cover me once I get cotd)

Thunder gun is ok but idk if it's just me but I'll go down a lot more while killing at the same time when ever I pull it out. And it just lower's my awereness cause there is no splash damage so I pull it out when it's close to to late :/

Well, lets see. I assume you have a downgraded version of each gun, which you are gonna upgrade as soon as empty.

Wunderwaffe

Kills only 10 zombies per shot (also upgraded @ pc blops)

out

M&S, Ray, Scavenger, Winters Howl, Crossbow(??)

no inf damage, out

T-Gun

We can kill 14+28 = 42 waves with one ammo set. Nice blast radius, quite easy to handle.

VR-11

Basically 12+24 = 36 waves for your teammate.

But it's really hard to handle, especially to hit your teammate and so on.

Shrinkray

In case this info is correct, it has a full ammo of 25 + 48 = 73 waves (damn, thats a lot, is that true?).

However, it is not so easy to handle as the T-Gun, since its radius is imho not as big. And in case you have some runners left, you still have to run in their arms cause of the babies, that you have to kick. It can get dangerous.

Wavegun

We have 64 + 16 + 24 + 100 = 204 on the zapper and 14+28=42 on the waver as a full ammo set. Although it is natural to include downgraded and upgraded ammo counts in maps like COTD or Kino, it seems a bit weird on Moon. However.

Basically it would be 50 waves the Wave Gun can take out. Quite a small radius, but also easy to get a compact train on the map.

So, now lets ask ourselves, which gun of these would you choose for Round 200 on Ascension? The fish gun will last the longest and is in that way the best wondergun!

But let us think of the fact, that we have basically infinite ammo [on moon]. The Zapper is now just to prefer, since it has this cool flexibility. There is no need to waste shots in case just little zombie groups are around.

Thinking about the narrow spots in Shangri La, I'd rather like to have a T-Gun than a Fishgun. The super instant blast of the Thundergun is just what I need there.

So overall, I can't really decide.

Fishgun - super ammo

T-Gun - super easy to handle

Plastic Gun - super versatility

Note that no Wunderwaffe appears. And about the M&S I'd like to say: The smoke blocks view, questionable effectivity on 40-50, useless 50+, danger of making crawlers that block you. The crossbow is to prefer as the secondary "wondergun" for saving your life.

Now since I'm not sure if this is about the best gun or the most fun gun; lets see, what is fun... Scavenger zzzzzz baaaaaaaaam, oh yeah baby.