did i just screw myself over?

Lord-Kipmud

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This raises an interesting question - if you let both tunnels breach while you're in the dome with the astro, then teleport and stay in the recieving bay, does the astro stay stuck on the other side of the map for the rest of the game or will it die out and respawn on your side? Must test this...

This strategy could be immensely useful. The only issue would, of course, be going down. But you could ideally plan it out so that you could have one person with the hacker and the other with Gersch Devices. This way, you could return to the other side at any time, but stay in a very safe set of areas (especially in co-op).

The use of the PaP MPL and M14 with hacked ammo would be amazing and without the astronaut, I think that this could be an extremely plausible strategy. It would also open up the possibility of a two-player receiving bay strategy. I'd like to see this tested. I'll test it myself, but since I have no recording device, I can't prove it in any way.

Just do not tele when everything is blocked ;)

Or get the hacker before tele.

In case you are still blocked, use teleportation by Astro, Gersh or QED. But as hand's said, would be interesting to know if the astro will not appear anymore at this point [a way to get rid of him would be epic, especially with hand's spawn strategy]

Okay guys, just did a solo run to 50 to confirm this.

I kept the bottom door of Tunnel 11 closed rather than letting it breach (keeping the door closed obviously will still stop the astro from going through 11 to the spawn, and still allows me to run the area with gravity if I so wish - you can just let it breach in co-op if you need to open it for the EE). I then waited for Tunnel 6 to breach. Round 19, Tunnel 6. I was running in the Biodome until then, the same astronaut from round 2. After 6 breached, I teleported and went back to the Recieving Bay, ran my usual Recieving Bay strategy until round 50... with the same astronaut trapped in the power room since round 19!

Lord-Kipmud, thanks for bringing this topic up. I've been looking for a fair way to take the astronaut out of action as it'd make the Recieving Bay strategy so much easier. Okay, so if you went down you'd have to regather your group, hack the windows shut, kill the group and hack tunnel 6 so you can go back through it to the teleporter. But, you can rebuy Quick Revive, teleport, then run the dome for a while until Tunnel 6 breaches again, then teleport back to the spawn and continue as before. Also, running this strategy past 35, no need to 'spin the wonder weapon', the chances of someone who's practiced the strategy going down are pretty small. So, running the dome and waiting for Tunnel 6 to breach again is not so bad, rather than the risk of the astro glitching out on me when I use a Gersch Device in a high round, if this happens and he's got really high health, this can ruin the game using this particular strategy anyway.

I'll copy and paste this into my Recieving Bay strategy thread too I think...

This also makes it possible for a Recieving Bay a great co-op strategy after the EE is done. I can picture exactly how it would work ;)