Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops Trailer (With MP gameplay)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things I would like to point out:

No playercard pops up

Minimap got a redesign

In the lower corner with the gun there is a new bar that goes vertical

In the feed it shows an AC130 icon when he gets the kill

He is WINNING(Charlie Sheen joke)

Killstreaks are revamped, 14 point streak?

Juggernaut is a point reward

Secondaries are not limited to pistols(Maybe overkill is making a return?)

ACR is the primary?

All I got for now.

Things I would like to point out:

No playercard pops up

Minimap got a redesign

In the lower corner with the gun there is a new bar that goes vertical

In the feed it shows an AC130 icon when he gets the kill

He is WINNING(Charlie Sheen joke)

Killstreaks are revamped, 14 point streak?

Juggernaut is a point reward

Secondaries are not limited to pistols(Maybe overkill is making a return?)

ACR is the primary?

All I got for now.

the FMG pretty much is a pistol, also the minimap is probably just a place holder till they finish the real one. I think that the AC130 killfeed icon is also just a placeholder, cause he got killed by that mine thing, not an ac130.

I'm stoked for MW3. Personally very much excited about this new Point Streak system. Looks as though instead of kill-streaks, we're getting point-streaks. We're rewarded for getting points now not kills. Think about this. No longer are people rewarded for not dying. With kill-streaks, people were rewarded for getting kills without dying, meaning that you get rewarded for sitting in corners with ghost, ninja, cold blooded, suppressor, heart-beat sensor all that jazz. Now, in MW3 they're rewarded for going out into the battlefield and getting as many points as possible. Running about killing as many people as possible, or, going and planting the bomb. Capping the flag. This is the first time where people are getting kill streak rewards for capturing and destroying objectives. It’s such a good idea. We’re going to be able to get a predator missile for capturing C a lot! This is such a simple, yet brilliant idea. It not only solves the issues with camping, but it also forces people to play the objective! If you can get a support helicopter from capturing flags faster than you can by killing people, then that is a massive incentive to go for captures and whatnot. I think that’s brilliant and will definitely change the way Call Of Duty Multiplayer is played out, for the better I think. Since MW2, the game-play has been mainly focused on getting kills to get your kill streaks to get the highest possible score by getting the most amount of kills. That’s how MW2 and Black Ops are played out. I mean, even as far back as the dawn of Call Of Duty Multiplayer in Call Of Duty 2, it’s been about getting the most amount of kills. The person or team with the most kills wins. He who gets the most kills gets the most XP. That’s been changed in this game, to getting the most amount of points. You don’t need to get kills anymore really. You could level up possibly faster by scoring objectives than you might by getting kills. I know this is something Hutch has been after for a while, and so have I to be honest. In team games, people do tend to go for kills more than play the objective. Well that’s all about to change.

I'm stoked for MW3. Personally very much excited about this new Point Streak system. Looks as though instead of kill-streaks, we're getting point-streaks. We're rewarded for getting points now not kills. Think about this. No longer are people rewarded for not dying. With kill-streaks, people were rewarded for getting kills without dying, meaning that you get rewarded for sitting in corners with ghost, ninja, cold blooded, suppressor, heart-beat sensor all that jazz. Now, in MW3 they're rewarded for going out into the battlefield and getting as many points as possible. Running about killing as many people as possible, or, going and planting the bomb. Capping the flag. This is the first time where people are getting kill streak rewards for capturing and destroying objectives. It’s such a good idea. We’re going to be able to get a predator missile for capturing C a lot! This is such a simple, yet brilliant idea. It not only solves the issues with camping, but it also forces people to play the objective! If you can get a support helicopter from capturing flags faster than you can by killing people, then that is a massive incentive to go for captures and whatnot. I think that’s brilliant and will definitely change the way Call Of Duty Multiplayer is played out, for the better I think. Since MW2, the game-play has been mainly focused on getting kills to get your kill streaks to get the highest possible score by getting the most amount of kills. That’s how MW2 and Black Ops are played out. I mean, even as far back as the dawn of Call Of Duty Multiplayer in Call Of Duty 2, it’s been about getting the most amount of kills. The person or team with the most kills wins. He who gets the most kills gets the most XP. That’s been changed in this game, to getting the most amount of points. You don’t need to get kills anymore really. You could level up possibly faster by scoring objectives than you might by getting kills. I know this is something Hutch has been after for a while, and so have I to be honest. In team games, people do tend to go for kills more than play the objective. Well that’s all about to change.

Yes, but in past systems, if you got killed your streak reset. How will your streak reset now if it's based on points? If your enemy gets points, your streak goes down? And it was 14 points, whereas points end in a 5 or 0. I'm sure it's still all about killing.

Yes, but in past systems, if you got killed your streak reset. How will your streak reset now if it's based on points? If your enemy gets points, your streak goes down? And it was 14 points, whereas points end in a 5 or 0. I'm sure it's still all about killing.

Someone didn't realise something, he was playing free for all, where the objective is to kill, so you get your point streaks from killing. But in Domination, you would get your point streaks for capping and defending flags. I'm guessing it's in one life, so if you die, you have to play the objective again to get your streaks.

I think there is actually going to be two different types of streak rewards for each player. You know how Call of Duty is in general, they're crowd pleasers. They would not be caught dead catering to the objective players alone. So what I think they'll do is put more offensive style streak rewards by getting a set amount of kills. Then they'll put in these "support" rewards in the form of point streaks. You will then be able to cycle between both types of Streaks.

But as far as my early opinions on the game, I personally don't think it will be worth a full retail price of 60 dollars. Maybe after a few months have passed and I've heard good things about it, I will get it used for 40 bucks. But right now it seems way too similar to MW2. More like a patch than a full blown sequel. But its not like I hate MW2 by any means. I've been playing it alot recently. Since much of the B.S. has died down, it has become a much more fun, enjoyable experience. I just don't think I should cough up the dough just because it's yet another Call of Duty game. I'm really looking forward to Gears of War 3 and Battlefield 3 to be honest.