Problems w/ Shangri-La Time Period (UPDATED)

Tac

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my assertion to you;

If they went back in time, wouldn't their be large ripples forward that we would notice? If they indeed went back in time, there would be some sort of ripple in the timeline that we'd be able to notice. And upon typing this, I figured out what doesn't match up.

In CoTD, Richtofen has the stars retrieve the golden rod, and he leaves with it(as confirmed by dempsey who asks him, reluctantly, if thats a rod in his pocket, where Richtofen responds "Nein, Lets go, I have a meeting."

Arguably, Richtofen means a meeting with Samantha, meaning that golden rod must hold some effect over Samantha. Richtofen's grand goal is to stop the zombies, which means stop Samantha. If this golden rod does in fact stop her, we would see no zombies in Call of The Dead.

Also, a little side step, if the golden rod is used farther back in the time-line, than wouldn't that mean the golden rod would never have been under the ice in the first place?

Whoa, where do we know it's from the stars? Is that an assumption since it dropped or confirmed?

What? I think by stars he means celebrities. If you already knew, and that had to do with something else, then I apologize.

And when Dempsey asks about the rod in Richtofen's pocket, I think its just a joke.

Here's my assertion to you;

If they went back in time, wouldn't their be large ripples forward that we would notice? If they indeed went back in time, there would be some sort of ripple in the timeline that we'd be able to notice. And upon typing this, I figured out what doesn't match up.

In CoTD, Richtofen has the stars retrieve the golden rod, and he leaves with it(as confirmed by dempsey who asks him, reluctantly, if thats a rod in his pocket, where Richtofen responds "Nein, Lets go, I have a meeting."

Arguably, Richtofen means a meeting with Samantha, meaning that golden rod must hold some effect over Samantha. Richtofen's grand goal is to stop the zombies, which means stop Samantha. If this golden rod does in fact stop her, we would see no zombies in Call of The Dead.

Also, a little side step, if the golden rod is used farther back in the time-line, than wouldn't that mean the golden rod would never have been under the ice in the first place?

Whoa, where do we know it's from the stars? Is that an assumption since it dropped or confirmed?

What? I think by stars he means celebrities. If you already knew, and that had to do with something else, then I apologize.

And when Dempsey asks about the rod in Richtofen's pocket, I think its just a joke.

But Richtophen obviously has you get the rod in CotD for some reason so i think its more than a sexual innuendo. Im thinking some sort of ritual like in the Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides SPOILER kinda: They need the two silver chalices and the tear of a mermaid.

I think Richtophen may need like the staff, the blood/organs of one of the other three guys because they are immune to 155, and maybe something from the illuminati or area 51 to stop the zombies once and for all. And while i do not want a zombie apocalypse i dont want the main storyline to end any time soon.

But Richtophen obviously has you get the rod in CotD for some reason so i think its more than a sexual innuendo. Im thinking some sort of ritual like in the Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides SPOILER kinda: They need the two silver chalices and the tear of a mermaid.

I think Richtophen may need like the staff, the blood/organs of one of the other three guys because they are immune to 155, and maybe something from the illuminati or area 51 to stop the zombies once and for all. And while i do not want a zombie apocalypse i dont want the main storyline to end any time soon.

Yeah, that does sound pretty reasonable, but there is a lot of sexual references going on in the room, so it could go either way. Like Richtofen? Lol

• Administrators

Yeah, that does sound pretty reasonable, but there is a lot of sexual references going on in the room, so it could go either way. Like Richtofen? Lol

They aren't immune to 115.

They aren't immune to 115.

How aren't they turning, then? The zombies are created by 115, which powers the teleporters and the WunderWaffe, which Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo used/were exposed to quite a lot. Sorry if it seems like I'm trying to flame, because I'm not. :)

• Administrators

The fact that 115 reanimates dead cells, so it only turns them into Zombies if they're dead. But it won't for fully functional humans, otherwise Peter, Maxis, Samantha, EVERYONE would be a zombie

The fact that 115 reanimates dead cells, so it only turns them into Zombies if they're dead. But it won't for fully functional humans, otherwise Peter, Maxis, Samantha, EVERYONE would be a zombie

But what about the test on Fluffy in the Der Riese radio. It was alive, put in the teleporter, and zombified after teleportation. But I have no argument for your statement about Peter, Maxis, Samantha, etc. becoming zombies. It was a quite excellent point.

• Administrators

Well we know that 115 is rotting there brains, so IDK. But I think 115 might work on things that aren't human. I'm not sure why, but we've got monkeys, dogs, dead people. Just no humans are effected it seems.

To Zombie: If the teleporter was one, wouldn't the characters have it then? I think it's jusr those that aren't alive humans.

Well we know that 115 is rotting there brains, so IDK. But I think 115 might work on things that aren't human. I'm not sure why, but we've got monkeys, dogs, dead people. Just no humans are effected it seems.

To Zombie: If the teleporter was one, wouldn't the characters have it then? I think it's jusr those that aren't alive humans.

I was going to say that the teleporter might have been improved over time so as not to turn people into zombies (I believe people were subjects at one point, at least as far as the der riese radios go). Maybe it still is too much for animals, though. I don't know, I guess I should have labled it as a theory.

• Administrators

I was going to say that the teleporter might have been improved over time so as not to turn people into zombies (I believe people were subjects at one point, at least as far as the der riese radios go). Maybe it still is too much for animals, though. I don't know, I guess I should have labled it as a theory.

Well, the last known thing done with the teleporter I believe was when Maxis died. But what is weird to me is this:

In the beginning, the zombies desinigrated in the chamber.

Then they disappeared but didn't appear at mainframe.

They they disappeared AND appeared at mainframe.

And yet maxis and Samantha disappear but don't show up at the mainframe, and yet the dogs do? And they can enter/exit Aether "at will" I don't get that.

As for the syrette, maybe it has some sort of antidote?

In Five, McNamara whens he is down says "Give me the shot dammit". Usually they don't aknowledge the revive shot so I'm feeling this is canon... but its just a feeling... So how exactly did these men obtain the revive shot in 1963?

Maybe morphine just counteracts the 115, or because they took from nazi bases, they could've gotten them along with the wonder weapons and such.

• Administrators

In Five, McNamara whens he is down says "Give me the shot dammit". Usually they don't aknowledge the revive shot so I'm feeling this is canon... but its just a feeling... So how exactly did these men obtain the revive shot in 1963?

I think it's just a Zombies effect. I feel that he's just saying that he wants to be revived. Cuz then we would have to ask, how did they get it in Der Riese in the '40's?

Just to clear up by what i meant by immune. I was referring to the reason that Richtophen has chosen the other three as "test subjects" because he either saw that they had something about them that prevented 115 from rotting their brains (idk what the 115 is actually doing but Richtophen has gotten increasingly not demented but disfigured while the other three remain intact(ish) and tank even regains some of his old memory when he says something like "I think i remember Richtophen from before SNN come to think of it i don't remember anything before that" idk what the actual quote was but it was similar.)

Anyway either that or Richtophen did something to the other three either medically or demented richtophenly that made them somewhat immune to the effects of 115 but he was too afraid or unable to do it to himself

• Administrators

Just to clear up by what i meant by immune. I was referring to the reason that Richtophen has chosen the other three as "test subjects" because he either saw that they had something about them that prevented 115 from rotting their brains (idk what the 115 is actually doing but Richtophen has gotten increasingly not demented but disfigured while the other three remain intact(ish) and tank even regains some of his old memory when he says something like "I think i remember Richtophen from before SNN come to think of it i don't remember anything before that" idk what the actual quote was but it was similar.)

Anyway either that or Richtophen did something to the other three either medically or demented richtophenly that made them somewhat immune to the effects of 115 but he was too afraid or unable to do it to himself

Well Richtofen says himself in Ascension, "I think 115 rots the brain" or something along those lines. So I'm guessing he feels himself being effected.

Well we know that 115 is rotting there brains, so IDK. But I think 115 might work on things that aren't human. I'm not sure why, but we've got monkeys, dogs, dead people.

If I can rope in and try to be remotely clever and offer clarity rather than asking for it for once ;) (And remember my zombie knowledge is limited) So we know humans can become zombies, obviously :lol: , however zombie monkeys can be explained aswell. Monkey DNA is 98% identical to ours, so whatever cells 115 corrupts could fall easily within that vast collection of 98% similar cells. The dogs have been infected a different wah perhaps, I can't offer much on that i'm still new here :geek:

-enemy

The crew aren't immune, They've already been effected.

Remember Richtofen's notes on these men in CoTD? They were a part of a super-soldier program Group 935 was working on. They were already introduced to 115, and arguably, Richtofen has been exposed to enough 115 through his work with maxis, The DG-2, and his experiments that his insanity might be due to the exposure.

Through their exposure, each of the three had received a different effect.

Takeo would sit in his cell and mutters proverbs, to which Richtofen comments that his mind might have been destroyed in the experiments.

Nikoli would only respond to the stimuli when introduced to a compound Richtofen made out of primarily vodka.

Tank,being tank, became hostile to everything, and would always break his restraints and yell at Richtofen.

• Administrators

The crew aren't immune, They've already been effected.

Remember Richtofen's notes on these men in CoTD? They were a part of a super-soldier program Group 935 was working on. They were already introduced to 115, and arguably, Richtofen has been exposed to enough 115 through his work with maxis, The DG-2, and his experiments that his insanity might be due to the exposure.

Through their exposure, each of the three had received a different effect.

Takeo would sit in his cell and mutters proverbs, to which Richtofen comments that his mind might have been destroyed in the experiments.

Nikoli would only respond to the stimuli when introduced to a compound Richtofen made out of primarily vodka.

Tank,being tank, became hostile to everything, and would always break his restraints and yell at Richtofen.

With Tank, that was pre-testing, but I agree with your entire post that it effects them.

That was Takeo? I thought it was someone else o.O

Also...

"Arguably, Richtofen means a meeting with Samantha, meaning that golden rod must hold some effect over Samantha. Richtofen's grand goal is to stop the zombies, which means stop Samantha. If this golden rod does in fact stop her, we would see no zombies in Call of The Dead."

Since when have we known that Richtofen's goal is to stop the zombies? ...

- Waffles

Wait, to make sure we are on the same page....his goal is to rule the world right??