Frank Woods Busted Out Of Hanoi Prison

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Alpha's theory on Wood's survival. Many hints have been pointed to not only Wood's survival but also Reznov's who could be a rogue agent and X feeding Mason certain information I mean the games called Black Ops which themselves are surrounded by a certain amount of controversy. One thing alongside Mason's message I think points to Wood's survival is shortly after his apparent demise Mason is knocked unconscious and a figure who is completely blacked out appears to help Mason before Mason shortly losing and regaining consciousness before he sees Reznov. The silhouette however of the man who helps Mason is not Reznov. If you look closely at the features of the characters in game and study their outlines then you will notice the silhouette is the exact same outline as Frank Woods not Reznov who has a slightly more rounder face. We know that Reznov later on is revealed to be a manifestation of the brainwashing that Mason undergoes so who helped an injured Mason escape surely he couldn't take as many soldiers attacking him as he did in his condition so who else was helping him if not Reznov the answer I take from that would be Woods the only other person of whom knows Mason in the entire mission of rescuing those captives and killing Kravchenko.

He got blown up by a grenade in the mission "payback". I'm sorry, I have just done a bit of research on that and there is a possibility he survived. I just thought it would be pretty hard to survive being blown apart by a grenade.

And also, if he survived, wouldn't you think mason would go and check on him? Stupid mason.

Cos mason was locked up for killing JFK at the end, for someone who is on a site about finding clues and fitting together the hidden story behind this game series you don't really pay attention.

Necro Bump FTW...

so as this thread is still active, and I did not post what I was thinking at the time; I would like to take the opportunity.

So everyone focused on whether Woods was dead or alive? My question is..

Was Woods even there?

It will be interesting to see if Trey even acknowledge the incident happened from Woods point of view.

• 4 weeks later...

Wait, I don't think Mason killed JFK, I think he was in a task force to protect him. But... as history shows... he failed.

I think you need to play the game again then.

Specifically U.S.D.D where Mason goes into JFK's office, and the very end of Redemption

U.S.D.D

dw-I0JQKvf8

[4]

Redemption

CcHMH7vTHbs

[0]

- Mix

Mason's Wiki: Mason never fully recovered from his brainwashing as he still hears Reznov's voice after killing Dragovich, making the CIA suspicious of Mason's actions (and presumably his connection to the JFK assassination). Weaver and Hudson became targets of suspicion as well for their association with Mason and their supposed complicity in gathering top secret information for Mason. Sometime in 1978, Mason's decision to chase an as of yet unknown lead led the CIA to deem him "burnt" and a threat to national security, along with Hudson and Weaver, who had escaped to South Africa with him. As of October 28, 1978, the CIA was making plans to form a joint task force with MI-6 in order to find and eliminate Mason, Hudson, and Weaver in what they dubbed Operation Charybdis. What became of the three after this operation was launched is so far unknown.: According to this, it is unknown on whether or not that Mason had anything to due with the assassination, it was suspicion. USDD- he was brainwashed by Drag and Re

znov, and Reznov's brainwashing sabotaged Dragovichs ( to kill JFK). So... if Mason was in jail for killing JFK, then how could he be in South Africa in 1978? The terminal says on Ryan Jackson's account gives some details to the mission to assassinate Mason, Weaver, and Hudson because on Mason's unstable mind and the others backing him, they went to search out an unknown lead in SAf. But, the mission was still in the preparation phase on Oct. 30, 1978, so no one knows what happened. Sources: Intel, Database Terminal, and the Call of Duty: Black Ops Wiki. I might add on to this later, but I have done enough for now. We're just gonna have to wait until BO 2 comes out to see how that mission played out.

He got blown up by a grenade in the mission "payback". I'm sorry, I have just done a bit of research on that and there is a possibility he survived. I just thought it would be pretty hard to survive being blown apart by a grenade.

And also, if he survived, wouldn't you think mason would go and check on him? Stupid mason.

Woods just pushed Kravchenko out the window. Mason was all hallucinating and thought that Reznov was Woods for the rest of the game after that. Reznov didn't actually exist past the prison escape. Pretty sure Reznov died in the escape.

I know I'm a little late to the party (since MW3 came out, I haven't really been in the zombies mood) but now I'm back in the swing of things and back into the forum, and I'm glad to say that I believed you were right looonnnnggg before the reveal trailer came out...Props to you Alpha, once again, you've come through

The Panda's out...

i know im too late but i got a new theory that dosent have any basics actually but just MAYBE ... MAYBE woods never left with those who came to save him ? maybe just maybe he killed them .....possibly werewolf thing ? cuz the trucks are still there they broke in but didnt break out ..... i dunno just being dumb here >.

• 8 years later...