EXTREME GLITCH (Instant Death and Spectate)

Anti Earth

I think I was sadly the victim of an EXTREMELY ANNOYING GLITCH

Here's what appened.

Quite a high round, I had Juggernog, Qucik Reload and ... (the runny one. Sorry, I'm noob at Ascension :D ).

I call the lander, as we're about to get flooded.

The team mate near me dies, and the Lander lands (Alliteration?)

The little bars go down on the lander, and I walk onto it.

I turn around and face my down team mate, and JUMP (trying to signal him to crawl over onto

lander).

AS SOON AS I HIT THE GROUND....

I'm in spectate mode :|

I think I scarcely saw me enter last stand for about 1 tenth of a second, then bleed out almost

instantly and get stuck in Spectate

_____

THE MOST ANNOYING GLITCH EVER

- Didn't get touched by any zombie, yet alone enough times to counteract Juggernog

- Did NOT get killed by lander (it was already down, I had already walked onto it).

- Did NOT get put in last stand for the normal duration. 1/100th of it more like..

____

Any body else experience this?

Felt like rage quiting so bad!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw something similar to this the other day...

Was early on, around round 5 and a team mate bought the top door from the centrifuge room as it opened he ran through (as you do...) and he got downed for a split second before going straight into spectate.

Nothing was anywhere near him to touch him.

you died because treyarch patched the lander glitch and it must have though you were trying to do it. your friend died from the rockets of the lander.

When did they patch the lander glitch, I've not had a patch for a few weeks and have seen people doing it without getting downed. Was it a "hotfix"?

you died because treyarch patched the lander glitch and it must have though you were trying to do it.

Yup. I think you're right. Which is pretty ridiculous that a patch got you killed. If people just didnt glitch to begin with it'd be fine. I suppose its better than the alternative of having glitchers on top of the map.

As for this glitch happening with no landers around: no idea! Thats just bizarre!

The insta-death is a glitch that arose from the lander glitch fix. To stop people from dicking around with glitches, Treyarch just made it insta-death.

But it seems that in doing it, they opened up a few other non-glitch circumstances where you will get insta-killed. I personally think its better than the old glitch (having some douche glitching in my game was the only thing that would make me ragequit), but its still something that needs fixing

It's like that because there is no way they can "patch" the glitch. so they hotfix'd (a fix without an actual patch update for those who don't understand)

it. The only way they could was to limit what your player can do.

In short when you launch the lander the game now checks to see where your player is on the map. If your player height is wrong then you get killed. (I believe that's how it works. I read into it but I'm no programmer so don't flame if I'm a little wrong)

Yeah it's lame for when it happens and you're not glitching but I'm happy they did this.

You can find detailed post around the net about which parameters are now regulated and exactly how the hotfix works.

The insta-death is a glitch that arose from the lander glitch fix. To stop people from dicking around with glitches, Treyarch just made it insta-death.

But it seems that in doing it, they opened up a few other non-glitch circumstances where you will get insta-killed. I personally think its better than the old glitch (having some douche glitching in my game was the only thing that would make me ragequit), but its still something that needs fixing

Please, we do not use that kind of language on this forum. Even though it is ironic concidering we listen to Tank Dempsey all day, we respect the rules.

From Treyarch's website:

To answer many questions about the game update / patching process, I’ve provided a short walkthrough below to explain how it works and provide some basic timelines for each phase in the cycle.

Phase 1: Gather feedback, reproduce reports and implement solutions.

• As soon as the game is released, we scour the forums and play online with fans to gather feedback.

• The QA team reproduces all feedback reports in a test environment, enters them into our database, and assigns them to dev team members.

o Like any scientific process, reports must be reproduced in the test lab before they can be addressed. With millions of users playing the game, something reported by only a small number of users may not be easily reproducible. For this, it’s important that all reports in the forums provide as much helpful information as they can.

• Estimated time: Generally 2 weeks to build a comprehensive list, reproduce in the test environment, research cause, and implement solutions. This phase is typically the longest part of the process and can easily take more than 2 weeks, depending on the number and complexity of reports. Once a game is released, every change made is high risk, and adequate time is needed to implement the best possible solution.

Phase 2: Test internally.

• Once the highest priority reports have been resolved, the updated game goes through a rigorous internal testing procedure.

• If new issues are discovered or the original issue is not fixed appropriately, more time is needed to research and implement new solutions. Video games are highly complex pieces of software. Every change made has a potential impact somewhere else in the game, so the entire game has to be tested with each update.

• Estimated time: Minimum of 1 week to thoroughly test the entire game and internally approve the update for release.

Phase 3: Console manufacturers test and approve the update for release.

• As soon as our QA team has approved the update internally, it is then submitted to the console manufacturers for their own testing and approval. At this point, it is out of our hands.

• If the game update is approved by the console manufacturers, the cycle is done and the update is prepped for release. If the game update is rejected, an accelerated version of the entire process starts again.

• Estimated time: Minimum of 1 week to get an approval.

o Note: PC patches do not require manufacturer approvals, but because of the high number of variables in computer hardware and OS configurations, both Phase 1 and Phase 2 require additional time that does not exist on consoles which have standardized hardware. The PC patch development cycle takes about the same amount of time start-to-finish as that of consoles.

Phase 4: Release

• Once the game update is approved by both internal QA and the console manufacturers, it gets prepped for release. This is a very short phase, but it can add time to the process depending on a number of variables.

• Estimated time: Generally 2-3 days.

That is a high level overview of the patching / update process. Time estimates listed above are averages – it usually takes at least a full month to complete a game update cycle. Often, there are multiple full game updates in the works simultaneously, which is why you see less than a month between full game updates. In some emergency cases, this time can be accelerated, but this is very rare.

The description above outlines the process for publishing permanent game updates and does not apply in the same way to hot fixes. Hot fixes are temporary, server-side fixes that are used to patch in simple adjustments to the game. These are not permanent fixes, and they only apply to online portions of the game. Most significant changes to the game cannot be made with a hot fix.

There you have it – hopefully this removes some of the mystery of the game update and patching process. Enjoy the game and continue to communicate your feedback to us!

Regards,

-JD

It takes a month to actually develop and release a patch for any fix, and there has barely been enough time for the first cycle to get through for the xbox version regarding any fixes for Ascension. The end mentions how hotfixing works; its basically a bandaid and is not at all intended to be a permanent fix to the problem.

It has nothing to do with being lazy, and everything to do with making sure things get done right, properly, and how they need to be done.

Be patient.

"Douche" isn't a bad word...

And i think treyarch should hop up off they're LAZY bumbs and actually patch it. I'd rather fall off or get glitched off then get INSTANTLY killed. ITS F***ING BULL-S***.....

Omg, ima get banned cause of that rage.....oh well....

Not ban. bRaIns [brains] you missed a few letters. I think its dumb that if everyone is on the lander and someone jumps up and they die, fail patch....mega fail. :facepalm:

"Douche" isn't a bad word...

And i think treyarch should hop up off they're LAZY bumbs and actually patch it. I'd rather fall off or get glitched off then get INSTANTLY killed. ITS F***ING BULL-S***.....

Omg, ima get banned cause of that rage.....oh well....

Not ban. bRaIns [brains] you missed a few letters. I think its dumb that if everyone is on the lander and someone jumps up and they die, fail patch....mega fail. :facepalm:

Well at least someone agrees. :D

you died because treyarch patched the lander glitch and it must have though you were trying to do it. your friend died from the rockets of the lander.

My friend didn't die from the rocket, he got swarmed :)

But you are absolutely correct about the patch causing it.

It's what I've been thinking recently too!

"I felt like rage quitting so bad" - end of first post. Username of first reply; GOaheadRAGEQUIT.

Win.

LOL

Nice Observation.

{Or was it a secret, subliminal conspiracy?}