NEW UPDATES Multiplayer game mode: Combat Training

Daveyjone

Update 19th Sept 2010 in green

Update 22nd Sept 2010. Video desc in red

Update 22nd Sept 2010 Blue

Combat Training: Fight against enemy AI in a training mode.

This is AMAZING! Just like instant action form star wars battlefront 2, hoard mode form gears, spec ops mixed with zombies, you think of one...

Co-op so you can play online, or singleplayer offline so if your internet is down (or your a ragequitting grump :D ) Recruit, Regular, Hardened, and Veteran so you can BOOST (YOU ******) on recruit or go for a challenge and practive skill against good opponents.

Seperate ranking and stuff, confimed game modes are:

-TDM

-FFA

-a collection of other modes TBA (I.E. domination may be in it, but noone has asked :P ) But according to JD bots arn't clever enough to capture flags apparently, just like players on ground war :P

-(possibly wager mode)

Also as it is co-op we are unsure whether it is Treyarch cod 5 coop (4 private and 4 player online), infinity ward style (2 player private/ splitscreen only) what i hope (fullest possible amount for each team (i.e. ground war 9 players) in private,online and splitscreen... I have just found out it is as many coop as can be in the game mode (6 a side in TDM for example) you choose the number of bots, so you can cage match, but still no info on whether you can have player on opposing team or if its friends only.(but we don't know how much you can increase bot numbers: 20, 30 2505830?)

one problem is i don't think that treyarch put the ability for AI to dropshot and flail around trying to no scope quick scope and show off letting you walk up to them and knife them easily. now THAT would be funny.

also not sure if your team has jut you, i guess its 6 players and depending on how many of you are co-oping there will always be 6 (so 2 human and 4 ai, or 1 human 5 ai etc) (see above for updadte on this)

New ability so you can toggle tips, when you die, the killcam slows and the screen points out what you did wrong and how opponent got you. But none of your Infinity ward kindness here, remember? "You suck b**** try again!"

post now and tell me what you think, + post any extra details found (or i missed out in my exitement) and if when you get black ops youll play it as:

Itell you all know i will only ever play this and zombies from the hardened edition FOREVER! (and i was hoping you'll paly with me... :P

check out that army logo for the SOG in multiplayer (bottom left at the beginning of demo) looks sweet right?

XVB3c5RDx74

Daniel Suarez... sounds like a character in the game :D, talks about this mode, possibly thought it up it, he loves it so much... also hes the exec producer :)

Still get challenges like buzzkill.

Enemy will act like a player, when they see you they go aleart, if their on your team they'll relax, if not...

At one point he misses knifing a bot who runs past, he turns and you SEE THE BOT TRY TO KNIFE BACK AND MISS, normally bots always used their gun to bash your brains out and fail.

Bot going prone behind dor... camper

bot sprinting untill he gets to corner and goes slowly.. definately veteran feature...

bots use attachments for guns

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys what other maps are comign with black ops?

I only se 4 and the mp reveal should have shown EVERYTHING! about mp,

casue id like more maps to kick bots all around :D

Bots are on all maps it says and the maps ive heard of are:

Summit

Launch

Radiation

Cracked

but to be fair there will be more + theyt said it will be on any new maps on map packs too.

Guys what other maps are comign with black ops?

I only se 4 and the mp reveal should have shown EVERYTHING! about mp,

casue id like more maps to kick bots all around :D

Much as I would like to see EVERYTHING about mp, I like seeing some of it, and then have plenty to be surprised about and discover on my own once I get it