The things you actually liked about MW2

JS4598

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modern warfare 2 has been the most played game on xbox and ps3 since the week mw2 has launched. It probably will still be more played on xbox even when reach comes out.

I know what Major Nelson's list says, and Every time I put Halo 3 in there are at least 300,000 people playing, Three Years After the Game's release.

But thats all Irrelvent. All I was meaning to do was Point out the 5th Grade Logic of "Lots of Sales = Good Game". Which Is, as I said, Completely Ridiculous.

-Eminem in the trailer.

-Afghanistan (though not enough levels set there)

-Soap had the exact same mohawk as me.

-And Captain Price looked even more like my dad in this game.

-The way Roach kept falling off of stuff.

-No Russian. In an era where no one wants to handle Six Days in Fallujah it's good to see some people still have testicles in their trousers.

-The firefights in the favela levels.

-Ghost's mask.

-Soap's epic tackle.

-The Russian invasion.

-The scene at the aid station reminded me of Cloverfield, only without the bite victims.

-Ramirez! Do everything!

-Sentry guns (but they felt kinda under-utilized.)

-Predator drones.

-The oil rig level reminded me of the oil rig level from the original Rainbow Six.

-Reading Makarov's newspaper clippings.

-Captain Price blowing up the ISS.

-"Hey is your red dot sight working? No? Mine neither. Weird." Now that was a nice touch.

-US soldiers as the bad guys like in Half-Life.

-Soap killing Shepherd with the knife he pulled out of his chest.

-Modern Warfare: Mobilized actually had kind of a story to it. Still, Black Ops for the DS should stick to the main game's story a bit more, rather than go off on a tangent like this one.

-The Ghost comic.

-Night Vision Goggles.

Didn't like:

-Eh, the museum level was all right, I mean it had EVERYTHING, but CoD4 had Griggs' rap and a real bonus level.

-GTA: The Ballad of Gay Tony had a better AA-12, with a drum mag full of Frag-12 rounds.

-People complaining about how short the game was. They act like they've never played Call of Duty before.

• 5 weeks later...

-Callsigns

-Killstreaks

-Maps

-Graphics

-Pro Perks

-After match info (Scoreboard, accolades, ect.)

-Amount of variety in the campaign.

IMO killstreaks ruined the game. there wouldn't be as many boosters if there was no epic killstreaks. but the rest of them i agree with. i also like the concept of most of the game, they just didn't balance it out enough.

i absolutely love everything except for:

-spec ops (after zombies, 'twas meh)

-quickscoping (it takes no skill, auto-aim)

-ACR (no recoil. not exagerating)

-fags who yell at me because i dont sprint blindly into the middle of the map.

-overpowered/unlimited ammo noob toobs

-commando

-campaign rocked soooooo hard but it was too fun to end so quickly

-not enought perks

-overpowered killstreaks

-no alien terrorists

-50 cal heartshot hitmarkers.

-lastly, (incoming rant) the old cod games were all fun, high action, fast-paced shooters with a fantastic community that was full of mature people (even if they were in fact 12 years old) who just played farily, and had fun, although there was always one noobtuber in cod4 who ended up with a negative kdr. Modern Warfare 2, however, tried too hard in an effort to gain profit to get more casual gamers in, by eliminating all forms of skill involved with getting a high score. not just that, they encouraged camping and using cheap and annoying tactics to get a nuke. so in response to this, there became three cod factions. tactical players(me), noobs, and 'pros'. the tactical players play just like they did in the earlier cod titles, and end up with terrible scores. the noobs are the people new to cod who dont understand what is annoying and what isnt. the 'pros' are the people who played other cod titles, but because of the recent inclusion of noobs, they somehow feel that they have to proove themselves by doing things that they claim takes skill, but doesnt at all. and if you dont do what they say, they cry like bitches when you beat them. these are the quickscopers, rushers, commando knifers, etc. i cant tell you how often i get screamed at by a twelve year old who catches me sniping without quickscoping. or when i am called a noob for holding a position and trying to get as many kills as i can while there, without running into the fray and getting killed by someones aa-12.

so yeah, its the communities fault. rant over.

-Perks setup was interesting and fun to use

-Plenty of guns

-Sniping with the mini-uzi

-The rare balanced lobby

-Not dying right after spawn

-Having a class just for angering the OMA noobtubers (yay scavenger and rpg)

That's basically it. Most of what infuriates me is just dying after spawn and uneven, unplayable matches. Everything else is what keeps making me come back for some ownage. Whether that ownage is me getting ownd or doing the owning, I'll never tell... >.>

I really disliked most things in MW2, but there are a few things that I did like:

-I liked the varied campaign. While the story behind the MW series isn't great, some of the levels were really fun to play (for me, they were namely 'Cliffhanger', 'No Russian' and 'Showdown'). And, compared to the first MW, MW2 did seem short, but I didn't paticularly mind that, because I got annoyed with the length of MW.

-The selectable killstreaks idea was really good, but the killstreaks that IW chose for MW2 were mostly bad. I mean, a tactical nuke? Seriously? Why not just put up a light-up sign saying 'PLEASE CAMP LIKE A NOOB :)'. But the general idea was great, and some killstreaks were good ideas. I just really hope that the killstreaks in Black Ops are as awesome as they sound. I'm so glad dogs are returning... hahaha :twisted:

-A few Spec Ops. Most of them were really boring, but some were fun, creative and at the same time, challenging. You and your friend racing down a mountain in those snow jet things is always funny, especially screwing up the final stretch before the jump :lol: The idea of controlling an AC-130 to protect your teammate was one I paticularly liked, because it brought out what Call of Duty is really about: teamwork.

-Callsigns and Emblems were a good idea, they gave you a bit of customization, and gave you something to work towards.

I think that's everything I really liked. The rest was messed up (most importantly, Commando, akimbo shotguns, painkiller, nukes, noobtubes and snipers getting hit markers for chest shots).

EDIT: I also liked the idea of the game winning killcam :).