A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

I'm not entirely sure. I still need to do the Easter Eggs. I can't survive long without Juggernog by myself. :( I need teammates. However, I don't think they are the characters. It is very unlikely, and unless it is confirmed, I don't believe it. There are sooooo many noises on that map. So much chaos. Anyone who heard what the people sound like I think are likely wishful thinking.

Based on current information though, I think the electric guy-thing is a product, of some sort, of that research center. Can't say much yet though with such little information.

Has anyone read the Maxis Files that appear every now and then? The font of it is unreadable on my TV :(

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newsflash: Discussion doesn't work with just me.

EDIT: Whatever. I'll just talk to myself like I did last time. I thought BO2 might've changed people, but I suppose I was wrong.

Brainstorming:

- Nuketown is the one built in the 60's

- Nuketown had two Nukes hit it

- There are people in the fallout shelters of Nuketown

- Evidence points to Green Run being retrofuturistic

- Maxis v. Richtofen

- New characters are Samuel J. Stone, Misty, and... (forgot)

- Where'd the jet turbine come from?

- Is the electric zombie a zombie at all?

- CIA v. CDC

- New quotes: characters, Richtofen, Maxis

- Denizens... hmm... what are they?

• Administrators

That is a given, hence why I am here in this thread with you.

I agree about the characters, I doubt it is them. I phrased my post about them being in there a bit off, it was meant to sound more like I was offering up the suggestion and not like I believed it to be true. As for the electric guy, he is most definitely a product of the research station, just depends how. His name is peculiar, but I can't tell how it describes his character. I have not read, or heard of, the Maxis Files.

Also, Shooter released his thread if you'd like to read it and we can discuss the time of Nuketown like you wished. http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 00&t=25172

• Administrators

I apologize I disappear from the thread sometimes. You know I respect the hell out of you, and it's one of the main reasons I am still working with you. But when you say that only I work with you here, there is a clear reason for it. You talk as though you're better than others, like you are superior to everyone else and as if they know nothing in comparison to you. That's why envy one but me has left this thread, they got fed up with your antics. And before you say that it's their issue for leaving, it is to an extent, but not when you start to complain no one is hear, then it shows you clearly care and it becomes just as much of your issue.

Like just saying "No." to me openly asking you to share your opinion and get a conversation going. You can't just say that you want to discuss Nuketown's time and I say I can't at that point in time, and then when I adhere to your wishes you shut me down. It's just that, you wonder why no one else has stayed on this thread even though you essentially answered that in your previous post.

His name is based off the leaked achievements a while back, which specifically stated his name as Avogadro. So yes, in a way, he has a name. If it's not his name, it's an identifier that still has meaning behind it. And I seriously have no clue what the Maxis Files are because I have no idea where to find them. Can you possibly lead me in the right direction?

• Administrators

I say you're a monster? You're not a monster, some people just really really dislike the way you talk to them. I respect you, and enjoy speaking with you, therefore I participate in this thread continuously with you.

And I understand you may not want to share these reasons, but the least you can do is say, "I'd rather not" or "For personal reasons, no thank you" instead of just "No."

Has anyone read the Maxis Files that appear every now and then? The font of it is unreadable on my TV :(

Tac it appears sometimes when selecting Play Online.

Notice how he states that you can only unlock the mysteries of the world, and support him only in Original, not Easy mode. Easter eggs must be disabled in Easy than, or atleast not all of them are attainable.

I suppose this is more of a tutorial/explanation of what is possible. But he's definitely talking about the strength of humans, and how well they can do.

I'd honestly like to get back into this thread again. Granted I can't respond right away, maybe once or twice every 24 hours except for weekends. But it's better than nothing.

CIA v. CDC

As far as we know, the CIA are more versed on the subject of zombies than the CDC. T.Walker and Dr. Vannevar Bush both had accounts in the CIA and Dreamland servers, where they were discussing about several things to do with zombies, with Dr. Robert Oppenheimer.

But that's not to say the CDC know nothing about it. We just don't know if they do or not, but I'm assuming they do if they're there.

Even though Grief isn't available to Nuketown, you will switch between CDC or CIA everytime you play. So I believe it's canon that both of them were at Nuketown during Moon's events.

As for their appearances in Survival and Grief. Well, that is even harder to determine. Were they there before Green Run? During it perhaps? The Tower of Babble or any other easter eggs steps haven't been done as far as we know. Only Ricthofen is present, and not Maxis. I'm inclined to think these guys were both there before Misty, Marlton, Samuel and Russman were there.

It's a hesitant guess though here. It might just be a gameplay mechanic like Tank and crew at NDU. And it's probably not worth trying to figure out that problem till we can get more information. I don't even understand the Maxis and Richtofen EE's yet.

EDIT: Whatever. I'll just talk to myself like I did last time. I thought BO2 might've changed people, but I suppose I was wrong.

Brainstorming:

- Nuketown is the one built in the 60's

- Nuketown had two Nukes hit it

- There are people in the fallout shelters of Nuketown

- Evidence points to Green Run being retrofuturistic

- Maxis v. Richtofen

- New characters are Samuel J. Stone, Misty, and... (forgot)

- Where'd the jet turbine come from?

- Is the electric zombie a zombie at all?

- CIA v. CDC

- New quotes: characters, Richtofen, Maxis

- Denizens... hmm... what are they?

I'll take a shot at the CIA vs. CDC. The CDC (center for disease control) is self explanatory. When people start coming back to life, the CDC was called in to investigate, but they ended up fighting for their lives. So the CDC belongs but why the CIA? Well if you look back at "five", you'll find CIA seals all over the place (I don't have pics so you have to take my word for it.) You could say they are there because of the pentagon, but what if they are the front for American 115 research or they have a branch for research. Also as rissole said, they took interest in the storyline in the dreamland servers.

Ok so that explains why they are there, but why do they fight? Well I have 2 theories.

1) Based on the quote by Richthofen, they are on the same side, but Richthofen forced them to fight in some sick game.

2) The CDC officials discovered the truth about zombies and the CIA ran a cover up mission. If this is true, then the CIA could be responsible for the electric man thing.

The first one could very easily be true, but the second could fit the story together well.

I say you're a monster? You're not a monster, some people just really really dislike the way you talk to them. I respect you, and enjoy speaking with you, therefore I participate in this thread continuously with you.

And I understand you may not want to share these reasons, but the least you can do is say, "I'd rather not" or "For personal reasons, no thank you" instead of just "No."

You are wrong.

Tac it appears sometimes when selecting Play Online.

Notice how he states that you can only unlock the mysteries of the world, and support him only in Original, not Easy mode. Easter eggs must be disabled in Easy than, or atleast not all of them are attainable.

I suppose this is more of a tutorial/explanation of what is possible. But he's definitely talking about the strength of humans, and how well they can do.

Thank you very much. Yes, should this be considered canonical?

I'd honestly like to get back into this thread again. Granted I can't respond right away, maybe once or twice every 24 hours except for weekends. But it's better than nothing.

I really appreciate that.

As far as we know, the CIA are more versed on the subject of zombies than the CDC. T.Walker and Dr. Vannevar Bush both had accounts in the CIA and Dreamland servers, where they were discussing about several things to do with zombies, with Dr. Robert Oppenheimer.

But that's not to say the CDC know nothing about it. We just don't know if they do or not, but I'm assuming they do if they're there.

Even though Grief isn't available to Nuketown, you will switch between CDC or CIA everytime you play. So I believe it's canon that both of them were at Nuketown during Moon's events.

As for their appearances in Survival and Grief. Well, that is even harder to determine. Were they there before Green Run? During it perhaps? The Tower of Babble or any other easter eggs steps haven't been done as far as we know. Only Ricthofen is present, and not Maxis. I'm inclined to think these guys were both there before Misty, Marlton, Samuel and Russman were there.

It's a hesitant guess though here. It might just be a gameplay mechanic like Tank and crew at NDU. And it's probably not worth trying to figure out that problem till we can get more information. I don't even understand the Maxis and Richtofen EE's yet.

Well the CIA's knowledge may be why they are involved, but the CDC's job takes priority over infections, like 115 zombification. That kinda explains the conflict between the two. However, I don't think the CIA is given advantage by more information. You cited things in 1954. If the setting is indeed now 2025 or beyond, it's been around a hundred years.

Yes I believe that the CDC and CIA were both sent to Nuketown, but they focused so much on survival that they never fought each other like in the other locations.

I think it is reasonable to assume the CIA and CDC were there before the main characters. Even if they were there after, we at least know they were there at some point.

I'll take a shot at the CIA vs. CDC. The CDC (center for disease control) is self explanatory. When people start coming back to life, the CDC was called in to investigate, but they ended up fighting for their lives. So the CDC belongs but why the CIA? Well if you look back at "five", you'll find CIA seals all over the place (I don't have pics so you have to take my word for it.) You could say they are there because of the pentagon, but what if they are the front for American 115 research or they have a branch for research. Also as rissole said, they took interest in the storyline in the dreamland servers.

Ok so that explains why they are there, but why do they fight? Well I have 2 theories.

1) Based on the quote by Richthofen, they are on the same side, but Richthofen forced them to fight in some sick game.

2) The CDC officials discovered the truth about zombies and the CIA ran a cover up mission. If this is true, then the CIA could be responsible for the electric man thing.

The first one could very easily be true, but the second could fit the story together well.

First of all, thank you for participating. :)

What you say about the CDC and CIA in the first paragraphy is spot on. Although I would re-word it a bit personally. "A front for American 115 research" sounds kinda dirty. It was secretive yes, but at the time both Americans and Soviets were catching up on the 115 research that the Germans had done before them. But I think we call agree that (1) the CDC are there because of the Zombie infestation and (2) the CIA are there because of their prior involvement in Zombies.

I think your second theory is a bit more outlandish than the first. In Grief, you can never attack each other. You can only indirectly cause damage. I think the idea is genius, because that is exactly out executive administrations in the U.S. would work. They "fight", but they don't really fight. They just choose to not help each other. Richtofen's quote at the beginning of the match I think just reflects their behaviors and thoughts, i.e. they were going to let the other team die anyway so they won't get in their way.

The Denizens are rather confusing, I can't tell exactly what's up with them.

They remind me of the NOVA 6 crawlers, like an early version that was smaller and didn't have the NOVA 6.

Well, they could always be, ya know, gremlins.

But I honestly have no idea what they actually were. Guess they're just mutants.

I think really all we can say at this point is that they are severely mutated zombies. How? Why? Only time will tell.

• Administrators

In a way, perhaps. Maybe the first line about the creation of people, but other than that it's all about the game mode, so id say no.

If the setting is indeed now 2025 or beyond, it's been around a hundred years.

All of the houses that are broken down and destroyed are the 1960's style, and based on Shooters thread it shows the map to be in 1966-1967.

What you say about the CDC and CIA in the first paragraphy is spot on. Although I would re-word it a bit personally. "A front for American 115 research" sounds kinda dirty. It was secretive yes, but at the time both Americans and Soviets were catching up on the 115 research that the Germans had done before them. But I think we call agree that (1) the CDC are there because of the Zombie infestation and (2) the CIA are there because of their prior involvement in Zombies.

I think your second theory is a bit more outlandish than the first. In Grief, you can never attack each other. You can only indirectly cause damage. I think the idea is genius, because that is exactly out executive administrations in the U.S. would work. They "fight", but they don't really fight. They just choose to not help each other. Richtofen's quote at the beginning of the match I think just reflects their behaviors and thoughts, i.e. they were going to let the other team die anyway so they won't get in their way

That was what I was kind of getting at, I just worded it wrong like you said. By front I mean a "Warehouse 13" type of thing where they have all the power and authority of an agent, but their actual job is more secretive. Not "dirty", just important enough to not tell the public.

The type of fighting I meant was also like you said, more bureaucratical than anything for the second idea, and just giving incentive not to help for the first. Thanks for translating my thoughts :D it's a pain to type what you want to on an iPod.

In a way, perhaps. Maybe the first line about the creation of people, but other than that it's all about the game mode, so id say no.

If the setting is indeed now 2025 or beyond, it's been around a hundred years.

All of the houses that are broken down and destroyed are the 1960's style, and based on Shooters thread it shows the map to be in 1966-1967.

There are futuristic weapons and robotic bus driver. It is more likely that the map is set in the future with past architecture rather than the past with future elements.

I think your second theory is a bit more outlandish than the first. In Grief, you can never attack each other. You can only indirectly cause damage. I think the idea is genius, because that is exactly out executive administrations in the U.S. would work. They "fight", but they don't really fight. They just choose to not help each other. Richtofen's quote at the beginning of the match I think just reflects their behaviors and thoughts, i.e. they were going to let the other team die anyway so they won't get in their way

That was what I was kind of getting at, I just worded it wrong like you said. By front I mean a "Warehouse 13" type of thing where they have all the power and authority of an agent, but their actual job is more secretive. Not "dirty", just important enough to not tell the public.

The type of fighting I meant was also like you said, more bureaucratical than anything for the second idea, and just giving incentive not to help for the first. Thanks for translating my thoughts :D it's a pain to type what you want to on an iPod.

Cool. We're on the same page. And no problem; I understand how difficult iPods can be.

Any other storyline conundrums we can also discuss?

EDIT: Btw, Samuel DOES NOT have some power that lets him hear Richtofen exclusively. That is NOT TRUE. I was playing as the other Caucasian man (forgot his name) and I heard Richtofen talking to me. But no one else could hear him. It is random. It changes each game.

I've recently been paying particular attention to the bus driver and noticed 2 things

1. Number one is a possible confirmation of transits location, it come from a quote by the bus drive but I missed the Important point. "and if you look to you left/right you will see ??????? The largest fresh water lake in the region"

Anyone else hear this or work out the name of the lake, personally I find it very hard to hear the driver on my TV.

2. On the bus drivers hat it says "bloodhound" anyone know what this means?

I've recently been paying particular attention to the bus driver and noticed 2 things

1. Number one is a possible confirmation of transits location, it come from a quote by the bus drive but I missed the Important point. "and if you look to you left/right you will see ??????? The largest fresh water lake in the region"

Anyone else hear this or work out the name of the lake, personally I find it very hard to hear the driver on my TV.

I remember that quote! However, I don't remember. I'll keep an eye out for it. Although, I have not seen what his hat says. : /

EDIT: I heard several Stulanger references. Perhaps Stu is the last name of one of the other guys?

• Administrators

I remember that quote! However, I don't remember. I'll keep an eye out for it. Although, I have not seen what his hat says. : /

EDIT: I heard several Stulanger references. Perhaps Stu is the last name of one of the other guys?

It is the last name of Samuel, I believe.

I have been hearing a few different locations that the Bus Driver states aswell, and I'm very intrigued to pin-point the locations.

TranZit Location is Definetly Hanford,Washington

Thanks to Tac's pic.

I think this one answers your question too nayrc Saddle Mountain Lake?

It is the last name of Samuel, I believe.

Yeah, I figured that. It's a matter of waiting for cjdog23 so we can hear the quotes crystal clear.

EDIT: Does anyone notice how the bridge starts off fine but then collapses? What causes the collapse? I tried checking theatre but it just will not load.

I'd be willing to accept that it takes place in the '60's in a kind of alternate reality, but I cannot accept no reason for the futuristic weapons. There has to be some explanation. While specific weapons have always been off by a few years, Treyarch wouldn't just put a bunch of weapons into the game that make no sense. And then there's also the bus driver.

EDIT: Just saw the quotes were uploaded. I listened to all of them. This is what I gathered:

Misty has a crush on Marlton, or "Marly". But she teases him a lot.

Misty really doesn't like Samuel.

Misty was a teenage runaway.

Misty's dad was killed by the Zombies.

Misty can't remember what her mother looks like.

Misty said "Just where do all these guns comes from?" Interesting.

Samuel is fond of Russman.

Samuel said "When did they build a town here?" Interesting.

Samuel J. Stuhlinger

One of the many conspiracy theories Samuel believes in is the Hollow Earth theory.

Samuel is not good at counting, for whatever reason.

Samuel is keeping some deep dark secret from the rest of the group.

Samuel likes trees... and knows very little about corn...

Samuel has "listened" to voices before Richtofen.

Samuel has had memory issues.

Marlton said "This must be some retro-grade throwback or a great step forward." Interesting.

Marlton has claustrophobia.

Marlton has a crush on Misty.

Marlton does not like Russman.

Marlton said "What a great example of a mid-century crap-hole!" Interesting.

Marlton said "To any undeveloped mind, science is indistinguishable from magic." Interesting.

Marlton blames Russman for the predicament he is in.

Russman is fond of Samuel.

Russman does not like Marlton.

Russman is Christian.

Russman said when he was younger people used to listen to him.

Russman said he made mistakes in his life.

Russman's mom has been dead for 50 years.

Russman claims he will one day ditch the others, someday.

• Administrators

Figured I'd chip in with some things that intrigued me.

Misty has a crush on Marlton, or "Marly". But she teases him a lot.

Misty really doesn't like Samuel.

Misty was a teenage runaway.

Misty's dad was killed by the Zombies.

Misty can't remember what her mother looks like.

Misty said "Just where do all these guns comes from?" Interesting.

She also refers to the Electric Man/Zombie as "a lightning lizard," "lizard man," and "lightning man."

Refers to Bus Driver as "a rotten, old computer."

Not that it really matters, but she weighs 108lbs.

She claims she has seen "this kind of place before" and that it's "bringing back all kind of good memories!"

Rather interesting quote: "Phew, I was starting to think the whole planet was covered with a thick blanket of ick!"

Archived