On the Mechanics, Functional Capabilities, and Evolution of MTD Technology

NaBrZHunter

• Administrators

Reading the first book of @RadZakpak's novelization of the zombies storyline got the old gears turning regarding the functional mechanics of the MTDs in the zombies story, and I now have a new proposal, based purely on imagination and the observable capabilities of the various models we have seen across the Aether story.

Two of the major questions that often arrive in discussions of teleportation are 1) how is the subject matter analyzed and treated within the device and 2) how does the object manifest at the destination. Two common proposals are 1) that the original sample is structurally analyzed, documented, and consequently destroyed, the receiver then reassembling the sample from raw material based on the data map or 2) the sample is  converted into a transmittable form and funneled through a conduit to the destination. 

I propose that the teleporters in Aether are closely related to both of those methods, along with a third: the Aether teleporters, having scanned the sample according to the correct configuration, then accelerate the entire sample onto the next plane (the Aether), where the sample remains until 1) the scan data is received and processed by the mainframe or target MPD, or the energy required to maintain acceleration on the Aethereal plane is exhausted. More on that when discussing the Kino teleporters and Gersh devices. 

Once the destination MTD or mainframe receives the data, it can then "reach into" the Aethereal plane to "catch" the correct sample according to the dataset, before it/they are dropped into a random (or perhaps not so random) location. This explains a couple of things: the first being that the time it takes to actually teleport from one location to another is not FTL, or faster than light, and the second being that the sample (necessarily the subject, in this case) is capable of actually observing the conduit plane, AKA, the Aether, meaning the subject remains constitutionally and structurally intact and conscious of the experience.

To begin, then, I'd like to point out finally that there is a functional difference between the MTDs which Richtofen ultimately developed, and the design that Maxis implemented. Before continuing, however, let's review a few relevant items.

Communication Protocols

• In the networking world, we have had two protocols for transmitting data that are most often used: TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) and UDP (User Datagram Protocol). The primary difference to bear in mind for the purpose of this theory is that:
  • Devices using TCP establish a "handshake," wherein each device acknowledges the other and confirms that the data being sent is actually being received. This is a high-fidelity connection that ensures minimal to no data loss, and both endpoints remain "conscious" of the connection for the duration - think your console/PC and the game servers.
  • UDP, on the other hand, is a protocol by which devices broadcast information with no assurance of receipt - think a two-way radio or a baby monitor transmitter.

Extant Teleportation Technologies

• Group 935's UDP-style master/slave teleporters (Der Riese, Kino)
  • Richtofen's more advanced peer-to-peer teleporters which utilized a TCP-style connection
  • The Pentagon's always-on, peer-to-peer, TCP-style teleporters with dynamic sample analysis
  • The Ascension Group's Gersh device which utilized limited pre-programmed sample analysis and unprejudiced dynamic UDP-style broadcasting

The First Matter Transference Devices

Group 935 did not originally develop any peer-to-peer teleporters. Group 935 models (Dr. Maxis' prototype) were a master/slave, requiring a mainframe and linked terminals, as were found at Der Riese and Kino der Toten. With the limited computation technology and data storage capability available at the time, it is not surprising that the most economic option for experimentation would be one that 1) utilizes a human-oriented configuration and 2) can only transmit, not receive. A decent everyday example, as stated earlier, would be a baby monitor.

Designing a peer-to-peer device (a two-or-more-way teleportation network) would likely be more expensive, as it would essentially require even more testing than they had time to do, in addition to requiring at least one more mainframe and supporting infrastructure.

This early Group 935 design also requires manual configuration for each transmission, meaning the teleporter needs to be configured to the exact specifications for the sample being transferred. This explains why zombies are destroyed by the early German prototypes -  a sort of happy accident: as the zombies' composition has been fundamentally altered, the specifications of teleporting a zombie are different enough from those required to teleport a human that the analysis rips the zombie apart.

I mentioned earlier that this slave-to-master design was implemented by Maxis, but the first recorded successful use of a one-way teleporter was Richtofen's successful walnut experiment. It would seem, then, that the only designs that Richtofen shared with Maxis prior to his betrayal were those of his early slave/master design, a concept that Maxis himself never improved upon. This does not mean, however, that peer-to-peer was not successfully implemented in Germany during the war.

Peer-to-peer teleportation was Richtofen's final product, as can be seen at Eagles' Nest, where the two teleporters onsite are fully capable of both transmission and reception. However, manual calibration was still required, limiting its transference capabilities to known samples. Furthermore, as with all Group 935 prototypes, it also was unable to remain in an always-on state, and had to be both preconfigured and powered up manually prior to use.

The Evolution of MTD Technology

We learned in Classified that Richtofen ultimately bargained his final product to the US in the form of his "brain trust" of fellow scientists, at the head of which stood Dr. Schuster, who not only held the key to peer-to-peer TCP style multidirectional teleportation designs, but also hyper-long-range designs, thanks to his experience working with Richtofen on the Eagle's Nest Moon teleporters.

It is interesting to note, here, that despite the advances made at the Pentagon in short-range teleportation technology, long-range continued to require manual configuration and powerup; despite this, the initial sample scan no longer destroyed unqualified objects on the telepad, but also did not transfer them. 

The Pentagon teleporters, on the other hand, made full and extravagant use of the advances in computer technology that followed the war: innovations which made it possible for the US to develop short-range, always-on, peer-to-peer teleporters with dynamic sample analysis. Not only could these teleporters, inspired by Richtofen's latest designs, remain on at all times (even during thermal systems cooldown), but they were capable of transmitting and receiving to and from many other MTDs across the facility. Furthermore, advances in data storage allowed multiple configuration profiles to be stored for use on demand. Now, when a sample was scanned, the teleporter need only call the proper configuration from the datacenter, automatically reconfigure itself, and transmit to the currently selected destination MTD. I might add here that, in classic American fashion, it seems to have been decided that the less physical contact made with the control interface, the better. As with the clapper, the RFID card key, and today's voice-command smart technology, the mindset seems to have been that setting the MTDs to cycle through available destinations on a timer would be far more convenient than having to flip any switches or press any buttons. As with all such oddities, it doesn't take long to determine that new inconveniences will occur as a result.

The Shameful Devolution of MTD Technology

Finally, the odd-one out in this history of technological evolution was a chaotic sort of brain storm that one scientist seems to have, at some point and in some fit of madness, determined would be a worthwhile invention: the Gersh device.

The Gersh device wholeheartedly embraced the "it's not a bug, it's a feature" philosophy, making full use of the Group 935 teleporters' tendency to sometimes hurl samples across the Aether into nearly random times and locations, as was observed by Maxis on multiple occasions, one example being in Der Riese Test 5, after which he recorded "test number five is unsuccessful. Subject has vanished, yes, but has not reappeared at the mainframe." 

This bug can be experienced in actuality at Kino Der Toten, where it seems Group 935 was exploring the possibility of interrupting a unidirectional slave/master teleportation partway through. Again, however, while usable purpose can be imagined for such a feature, the Gersh device completely ignores any sort of usable destination targeting and opts to only use that unpredictable Nazi teleportation bug to hurl its samples across the Aether, and on out the other side once the AOE and power supply collapses on itself. 

Perhaps the one thing that can be said of the Gersh device as an innovative product is that it appears to have been designed with built-in data storage, allowing it to utilize dynamic sample analysis for at least two different samples. This can be seen at Ascension, where the space monkeys actually deliberately make use of the device, which would otherwise destroy a non-human sample. The simplest explanation for this is that it was designed, after all, as a space race tool for use by cosmonauts and their goddamned pet monkeys. What a useless piece of garbage. That's communism for you.

So that's it. It's been a hell of a long time since I've come up with that much nonsense, but I hope you've enjoyed. As always, my good friend Rad is lighting fires of inspiration under my ass whether he's aware of it or not. Regardless, I have done nothing but teleport bread for three days. I hope you've enjoyed, and happy 2025.

NaBrZHunter, signing off.

Teleporter.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

What a thread @NaBrZHunter, brains to you! Seems like after the MPD, the Aether and the subject of souls as power source, you've managed it to dive into the explanation of another highly-complicated topic in the story of zombies.

It striked me that you have put the focus of this thread on the actual devices themselves, the receiver and broadcast units. I myself am also very interested in what happens between, as you talk about in the beginning. Let's start with a quote you are probably all familiar with:

“Energy cannot be destroyed, only transferred.” -Richtofen, Origins / Maxis, Buried

The importance of this is even highlighted by the pressence of Maxwell's equations, written in Keeperese, found in Shadows of Evil. And I think it also relates to matter transference. Bearing in mind matter and energy are, simply put, interchangeable, we may conclude that teleporting subjects are temporarily converted into energy, and built up again at the retrieving device. For this, too, are several hypotheses: (1) The subject's physical being is being broken down while simultaneously converted in energy, transported to the output and subsequently being built-up again. (2) The subject's physical being is, just like zombies running into the MTD, being destroyed. It has been analysed and it being re-built at the output.

The only meaningful difference between (1) and (2) is that in (1), the person remains the same, while in (2), the person is killed and a clone with the same consciousness is created, very alike to the Christopher Nolan film "the Prestige", which was a clear inspiration for the map Kino der Toten. Espessially in case 2, the role of the person's soul would be very interesting, as it would have to travel to the newly built body of the clone.

Anyhow, fact remains that in any case, the physical is being exchanged for energy, which becomes physical at the output again. In a very simplistic model, we could see this as a parabolic graph. Imagine the person stepping in a teleporter at the coordinates (-2, 4) and is converted into energy, transported through the infinite (0,0) and materializes at the coordinates (2,4) again. You have now transported someone 4 x-coordinates, from -2 to 2.
test.png

But we do not live in a 2D reality, with mere X and Y coordinates, do we? The MTD can transport us anywhere on Earth, 3D, with X-, Y- and Z- axis. Think like a parabola in a cube-like graph. But even that is not enough to understand the device.

Tank Dempsey: "Eh...where are we?"

Nikolai Belinski: "A better question is..."

Edward Richtofen: "When are we?"

Nikolai Belinski: "NO! Where the hell is my Vodka?!"

Edward Richtofen: "Yes of course, the DG-2 must have overloaded the teleporter, ripping space-time, back tracing us across to the future! Ohh Wünderbar! A-HA!"

The MTD appears to teleport us not only through space, but under the right conditions also through time. So through the X-, Y-, Z- and T- axis, like a parabola through a 4D-cube graph. Hard to comprehend for our mortal brains. But it is essential to understand that outside this all, even outside time, in point (0, 0, 0, 0), there is the Aether. We return through Aether.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but Asylum approved 😜

Looks like someone has learnt about communications protocols lol. Let me simplify it for people who are not familiar:

TCP- Communication is like a ping pong game. The information moves between the two sides like the ping pong ball.

UDP- Communication is more like semi-automatic shooting. Several information pieces can move at the same time and each side has to piece everything together.  

Here's a diagram, TCP on the left, UDP on the right. 

TCP-like-and-UDP-like-protocol.png

Personally I think the analogy here to communication protocols is off-place. 
Teleportation is one-sided, i.e you get from point A to point B, while communication is usually stuff that goes in between point A and point B repeatedly. 
When you put it that way, teleporation sides much more like traveling, like a transition, and it really is. 

GU9-Z7.gif

ThornyEqualEnglishpointer-small.gif

SlushyDeepIchthyosaurs-small.gif

(1:15 in the video)

Clearly, teleporting takes the subject through the Aether, and puts them somewhere else. There's the following cipher from Maxis on the matter: 

Richtofen must understand that using these teleporters to jump between dimensions is both dangerous and imprecise. At any point, the fabric of space-time could collapse if the proper amounts of 115 are not maintained. l am also concerned about the unknown effects of trans-dimensional jumps. l have noticed even with my brief travels that new memories and emotions have flooded my mind, suddenly appearing from nowhere. l am also sure something is happening on a molecular level as well.

You also have the following radios:

Researching Element 115 continues to yield unforeseen results. The conversion process creates localized energy fields which appear to function as portals, bringing forth objects of indeterminate origin. It is my hypothesis, however outlandish, that this transferral of matter may actually be occurring through space and time.

When 115 is channeled towards the ancient stones, an energy field appears to drag unknown objects into our reality. Is it possible that Element 115 is disrupting the space time continuum itself? How else could an ancient box, created eons ago bring forth weapons from different eras? Perhaps including even our own future! Further study is needed to understand these powerful and unpredictable forces

Though our matter transference tests at the new site have been largely unsuccessful, the teleporters malfunction has nonetheless yielded some interesting data. The fact that the test subjects depart from their original point of origin is undeniable; what is uncertain is what became of them. Richtofen is insistent in his belief that they have been transported not through space, but through time. In the absence of empirical evidence, I myself cannot entertain such... madness. I fear Richtofen's irrationality may soon prove a liability to our endeavors.

For the many repetitions (including the one that @anonymous brought up): The teleporters rip out the fabric of space-time in order to transfer from one location to another (not only through space but through time).  Stuff like that is usually done by going through a medium outside of our 3D world, in this case the Aether. 

image.png

9F5A0B9BA0038A322A73F4DE6D2164EF31DCD9BD

(When ending the Origins EE, you have "Press <action buttom> to teleport" ) 

For those who can't imagine that sort of stuff, it's best to think about the traveling as going through bridges (i.e worm-holes) while the end points of the process are portals/rifts and so on. 

So to answer the questions posed in the thread, I don't think the teleportation shreds the object going through the teleportation process but rather forms a bridge between different points in space-time while you go through the bridge between them (you can actually see what's going on in the medium between). It's not that people travel faster than the speed of light, but rather space-time itself is folded in a way that allows you to make the travel. 

• Moderators

I need to hear yoir thoughts on this Rich: I always assumed the mechanism behind the MTD's differs from that of the (orange and blue) rifts encountered in e.g. Shadows, Revelations and Blood. 

The Rifts would work exactly as you just mentioned, a vow in space-time connecting two 4-dimensional coordinates. These permanent portals are generated by rituals, as seen in e.g. Shadows, or by a plain artifact such as the Summoning Key (see: Zetsubou). The difference between orange and blue portals are, in my headcanon, that the wormholes go through a different part of the Aether: orange, as seen in Black Ops III, is visible for Monty. Blue, as seen in the comics and Black Ops IV, happens outside Monty's awareness. Rifts are accessible for anyone and anything, as we see zombies being able to use them as well and in Gorod's intro, we even see a bunch of objects (boats, trees) falling through a Rift.

Meanwhile, the MTD's would work differently, more like transferring the physical into energy, and rebuild it at another site. MTD's seem to uniquely work for the pre-programmed subjects, in our case mostly being living humans. We see Hellhounds and Jumping Jacks teleport in the map the same way as MTD teleportation, with electricity bursts. I assume the fog is the result of the plasma in these electricity strikes, similar how thunderstorms always occur under cloudy skies. As I speak of this now, it actually reminds me of a thread Rad posted some time ago, about how the storm in Ascension and Five could be the result of Samantha being watching...

A whole different subject, but, those animations you posted. It shows a bright light at the tunnel. Could this be "the tunnel of light" people see when they die, their souls actually departing to the Aether in a state of energy?

• Administrators

Thanks, @anonymous! Not sure how I forgot to put it in Asylum. 🤣 

The argument that the teleporters convert matter to energy and back again is well supported with quotes, but perhaps I’m taking things a bit literally based on the fact that we can actually see and hear the Aether as we pass through it, whereas we could not if our eyes and ears were nonexistent. 
Certainly something is transmitted, but as my post asserts, I would argue that it is the scan data that tells the mainframe or receiver MTD what sample type to expect, where it’s coming from in space time, the frequency at which the sample will be accelerated while suspended in Aether, and other such information that will help the destination device determine how to “grab” the correct sample from within the Aether in the correct way.  

@RichKiller I take it there’s a bit of phrasing confusion in your initial response and that you did not mean that as condescending as it sounded. This post was not inspired by me learning about communications protocols. I’ve been an IT professional for almost seven years now, and some of my earliest formal education was in network fundamentals. 
I appreciate the expanded explanations of TCP and UDP, but my emphasis was on the reliability of TCP using SYN/ACK to ensure fidelity of data transfer rather than UDP, which, as your diagram indicates, is a send-only protocol, and cannot guarantee fidelity. 

Quotes such as this, which you provided, support the assertion even further: 

1 hour ago, RichKiller said:

When 115 is channeled towards the ancient stones, an energy field appears to drag unknown objects into our reality. Is it possible that Element 115 is disrupting the space time continuum itself?

This phenomenon could arguably be what the mainframe or destination MTDs utilize to attract and “pull down” the sample from the Aether, similar to the way concentrations of sodium can direct the flow of water in the human body. 
This could also lead to “holes” in the Aethereal fabric that cause samples to “fall out” prematurely, as we see in cases such as Sam’s rooms, the Pentagon room, and the operation room in Kino. Deposits of 115 may be capable of interrupting the sample’s “flow” through Aether, causing it to “fall out” at a location regardless of whether or not there is a MTD receiver pad present. 
Perhaps by lowering the frequency of the sample’s acceleration, this was harnessed to allow the sample to stop off at designated locations along the way, but as long as a connection was maintained, the frequency could be reamplified, picking the sample back up in order to complete the circuit. This conclusion can be reasonably inferred based on the Maxis’ quote which you provided:

1 hour ago, RichKiller said:

Researching Element 115 continues to yield unforeseen results. The conversion process creates localized energy fields which appear to function as portals, bringing forth objects of indeterminate origin. It is my hypothesis, however outlandish, that this transferral of matter may actually be occurring through space and time.

It seems to me that you and I actually largely agree. When I say “accelerates the sample” I mean that the sample is accelerated relative to space time, which, as you stated, results in a relative warp or “folding” of the fabric. Relative acceleration simply explains how the fold is created. 

So I’m not sure why you find the communication protocol parallel inappropriate. I’m not saying that teleporters literally use those protocols, as that would not be historically possible. What I am saying is that in order to assure a more accurate teleportation, it would be ideal for both endpoints to SYN/ACK to 1) establish connection, 2) transmit data, 3) confirm receipt of data, and repeat. This technique is clearly not used at the Group 935 facilities, hence my argument that those early MTDs basically unicast data to an assumed target, but they themselves were not involved in confirming the success of the transfer. 

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

This phenomenon could arguably be what the mainframe or destination MTDs utilize to attract and “pull down” the sample from the Aether, similar to the way concentrations of sodium can direct the flow of water in the human body. 

I've always had the idea that this may be gravity, or negative matter. We know that gravity affects both space- and time, not to forget it is also related to electromagnetism. To me it only sounds logical that a field of gravity attracts whatever is moving through the Aether, as it can be visualised as a 'grapple' in space-time. It may even relate to how ancient timetravel mechanisms may work, as we see in Shangri-La, where an allignment of two celestial bodies causes Ultimis to time travel (that's how I see it, at least). Only how does a device create a gravitational field, without affecting the world around. Not to forget, a gravitational field of such magnitude, surely that would require a tremendous amount of energy? On the first, I have no answer. On the second, I think the Gersch Device provides the answer. As you may know, the appearance of the device is based on the Kasimir effect, two plates next to each other, creating a vacuum. To summarize how this could provide the sufficient amount of energy, I use an excerpt of @Shooter

Spoiler

When two metal plates are placed parallel from each other in a vacuum at a specific distance apart will create a pressure in the middle of these plates. This pressure is caused from a slight difference in wavelengths from inbetween and outside the plates. Realistically, this effect is difficult to harness as the calculations are impossible due to an infinite amount of smaller wavelengths. However, if the certain numbers of wave lengths and calculations are known, the Casimir Effect can be harnessed as energy. Considering the source of energy is a vacuum, the vacuum of space could be an incomprehensible source of energy. And to sum that up, two plates facing each other in the vacuum of space can be a source of unlimited energy if harnessed correctly.

I do realize gravity has a lot of flaws to function as the "sodium" of the aether. Maybe it is simply 115, the fabric of 4D?

But it also brings us to the following.

45 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

The argument that the teleporters convert matter to energy and back again is well supported with quotes, but perhaps I’m taking things a bit literally based on the fact that we can actually see and hear the Aether as we pass through it, whereas we could not if our eyes and ears were nonexistent. 

This is something I have asked myself before as well. And actually, I dont think it is with our senses we see the teleportation animation. I think, rather, it is our soul hovering through Aether. Hence we see flashes of pictures upon doing so, not because our eyes physically see it, but think more about trance-like visions, memories and such things. Even without eyes, we can see things. Perhaps these are visions provided to the soul by the Aether.

2 hours ago, anonymous said:

I need to hear yoir thoughts on this Rich: I always assumed the mechanism behind the MTD's differs from that of the (orange and blue) rifts encountered in e.g. Shadows, Revelations and Blood. 

The Rifts would work exactly as you just mentioned, a vow in space-time connecting two 4-dimensional coordinates. These permanent portals are generated by rituals, as seen in e.g. Shadows, or by a plain artifact such as the Summoning Key (see: Zetsubou). The difference between orange and blue portals are, in my headcanon, that the wormholes go through a different part of the Aether: orange, as seen in Black Ops III, is visible for Monty. Blue, as seen in the comics and Black Ops IV, happens outside Monty's awareness. Rifts are accessible for anyone and anything, as we see zombies being able to use them as well and in Gorod's intro, we even see a bunch of objects (boats, trees) falling through a Rift.

Meanwhile, the MTD's would work differently, more like transferring the physical into energy, and rebuild it at another site. MTD's seem to uniquely work for the pre-programmed subjects, in our case mostly being living humans. We see Hellhounds and Jumping Jacks teleport in the map the same way as MTD teleportation, with electricity bursts. I assume the fog is the result of the plasma in these electricity strikes, similar how thunderstorms always occur under cloudy skies. As I speak of this now, it actually reminds me of a thread Rad posted some time ago, about how the storm in Ascension and Five could be the result of Samantha being watching...

A whole different subject, but, those animations you posted. It shows a bright light at the tunnel. Could this be "the tunnel of light" people see when they die, their souls actually departing to the Aether in a state of energy?

You touched a few very good topics and ideas that kinda deviate from the topic. I'll start with your brilliant idea at the end.

When you end in Black ops 3 you essentially have this loading screen of the forest, then your character that you played as appears near the forest's fire-camp. 

Clearly the forest, located in the Aether, hosts souls. That's for the BO3 menu, and without going too much in the details now you also see the souls move in the BO2 menu (I've done it before, but I can do it again if you want). So as you said, souls do end up departing to the Aether (and possibly transform into Aetherial energy, depends on the context), and so it is very possible that essentially the "tunnel of light" is the soul going to Aether. You can see the element of light going on both in the BO2 and BO3 contexts and so I see it really fitting. As said, brilliant idea. 

I think this is the thread you're talking about regards the storms and so:

Similarly to the electricity followed by Hellhounds and Jumping Jacks, note that also the Templar zombies have electricity (they also have seemingly electrical veins and I've seen around that they have a mechanized footstep sound compared to normal zombies but I haven't confirmed the later). It brings a point of @RadZakpak where electricity is a repeatedly used element and so it's hard to track when it is useful and when it's just a cool effect. Regardless, if we are talking about teleportation and so, one of the most important property of keepers is that they can themselves travel around without group 935's MTDs:

We have discovered that there are beings that can travel between dimensions without the aid of the Teleporters.

The DE easter egg shows the revival of a keeper, you start by shooting the the orbs of the teleporter, awakening a wisp of a keeper. 

Zombified - Call Of Duty Zombie Map Layouts, Secrets, Easter Eggs and  Walkthrough Guides: Teleporter Room Map Layout in Der Eisendrache Zombies -  Call Of Duty Black Ops 3

btw, if you look at the Kino MTD, it glows in purple instead of blue:

g0VvEmV.png

Back to the keeper, you awaken its wisp from the MTD, which is then used to manipulate the MTD to time travel. After obtaining the Vril device and connecting it to the tomb, the keeper gets a ghost-like physical appearance, and after collecting energy from the souls (equivalently in SoE energy from the flag/keeper totem) it completely forms, then teleported using the keeper area:

39%2Bcall%2Bof%2Bduty%2Bblack%2Bops%2Bde

I want to suggest the possibility that the keepers can live through the MTD's electricity.. 
Bringing back the books again, one of them sits next to the teleporter near the rocket, saying "The spiritual Side of Teleportation":

DCCE2E47BC8BECD6802CBD1E65743AB9DD785B87

Similarly, Maxis himself was taught in the crazy place how to merge with electricity and technology, so the keepers themselves could very well do it too, and perhaps even they are the ones who taught Maxis to do the same. @Rapt has brought up that the totem i.e keeper flag represents the soul, and so a keeper without flag/soul (apposed to the woodoo doll part / flag stance/body) could possibly live through electricity, similarly to Maxis that killed himself and his body shortly after visiting the crazy place. In The Giant's intro you can hear too the strange voices coming from the MTD's electricity (starting around 1:06, up to 1:41 when the teleporter is opened ): 

image.png

And as you pointed out, you also have the keeper-writing of Maxwell's equations regarding electro-magnetic waves. 

As we know, fluffy gets teleported and corrupted, and in a similar manner an natural extension of @PINNAZ's MTD theory suggests that Maxis' teleporter from the 1939 trials creates the the crawlers (which have a keeper/Apothicon like head), so that's a possible answer to the electricity question you pose, but again I think Rad's argument here fits. Regardless I think there may be a thing to "spirits and demons" living and being connected to the MTD's electricity and possibly guiding the teleported subjects.

It can possibly connect to the suggestion that different portals are connected to their color, but color questions are really hard and possibly (unlike eye color and 115 color questions) there may not be an answer or consistency on this matter. I don't think Monty is unaware of what's going in BO4's launch (Maxis is aware so why not Monty) but that's another deal.

Also I don't think that the different space-time traveling technology are different in how they function, and they function similarly to how it was described above (even when you don't see the Aether like in the case of a Gersh Device) , however they differ in how successful they are.  There are also side effects to teleportation but this is also a different deal. 

2 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

It seems to me that you and I actually largely agree. When I say “accelerates the sample” I mean that the sample is accelerated relative to space time, which, as you stated, results in a relative warp or “folding” of the fabric. Relative acceleration simply explains how the fold is created. So I’m not sure why you find the communication protocol parallel inappropriate. 

As said I don't think that "the subject matter analyzed and treated within the device" and "the sample is converted into a transmittable form", it's just a bridge, like any other. It's not that the subject is changed, but the world around him. I don't see how that would combine with a communication protocol in a similar way as to that of the internet and I'm not sure how that helps in understanding the Aether storyline. Perhaps I missed the whole point of your thread. 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, RichKiller said:

It's not that the subject is changed, but the world around him.

I think you did miss the point, and I’d rather not reiterate, so if you wouldn’t mind, please re-read and let me know which statements are unclear. 

Anon is the one suggestion the subject is changed. I’m suggesting that the subject is not changed when accelerated at a frequency that is compatible, and that certain information ABOUT that subject is what is sent to the destination such as what kind of subject, what the initial configuration was so that the destination can be configured to receive on the same frequency, and where the subject is coming from to where they are accelerated within the Aether so that the destination device can open a properly configured “port”(al) to receive the proper subject in a safe way. 

Archived