The SDC and Sleeping Cages

anonymous

• Moderators

In these times, in which zombies in Shangri La wear Group 935 clothes, Mason can be seen in Kino der Toten and Samantha playing hide and seek in Shi No Numa. Agartha might not be the same as the Aether, Origins in not a 115-mine and dr. Monty becomes a more important character. This is a time of Primis, Ultimis and Victis. A time of people who 'tried so hard to do the right thing". A time of the release of the very first Zombies Timeline, and the release of Zombies Chronicles. This is a time in which our old view on things change.

Because of this all, I thought it might be a nice idea to look back at a previous map....

Spoiler

Image result for die rise loading screen

DIE RISE! Because why not? The zombies timeline gave "Die Rise" only one piece of text, and the map has basicly no background. That's why! A lot of possibilities for theories!

On the Great Leap Forward loading screen, one can see the name Province 22. You must know that the present China is divided into many provinces, and that province number 22 is Jilin, laying in the northeast of China, just above Korea. The biggest cities of Jilin are Changchun and Jilin city, both cities WITHOUT enormous skyscrapers, as we see in Black Ops II's first DLC. Relatively few cities in China actually have so many high skyscrapers, as cities like Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai have. Talking about Shanghai, have you ever seen this particular tower in Die Rise? It's the Jin Mao Tower, located in Shanghai. A China in the near future may change its province-numbers (district Shanghai might be province 22 now, and Jilin has another number): Names can be changed. Buildings, however, cannot. That's why it is almost certain that Die Rise takes place in Shanghai.

WWv_j0P-7p8_vysxHyqWeDwwueIXsB-q3Or8A2AJImage result for mao tower

But the Jin Mao tower does not only help us with solving Die Rise's location, but also time: The tower was built in 1998. Another proof that the map does not take place in the Cold War, unlike it's name might refer to it, is that there is a poster saying: "Since 1996". As a last note, in Die Rise one can see zombies wearing SDC suits. The SDC (Strategic Defense Coalition) is an Asian military alliance in the near future. This is prove that Die Rise takes not place just after 1998, but rather in the future (which could be a reason of the "Province 22 change"). As a side note, I started this theory before the release of the Timeline. Now we know for sure that Die Rise takes place on 22 October, 2035.

A'ight, so now we've got the location (Shanghai) and time (near future): Let's start.

The sleeping cages

Has anyone ever noticed the countless cages in Die Rise? Some empty, some with a basket or plate in it, and others with some filthy clothes in or on top of it. Have you ever thought about the fact that these things exist in real life? Thousands of poor Chinese people who want to have a shelter in Hong Kong rent "bedspace apartments", a.k.a sleeping cages in high skyscrapers and flats. The conditions are terrible: Hot, sultry and filthy. Full of cockroaches, rats and bugs. The ideal location for diseases. Because there is no **** please report this topic, post ****, are those who live here forced to spend the little money they have on fastfood. In Die Rise, we also see such Sleeping Cages, in the building with the Dragon on the roof.

Image result for chinese sleeping cagesImage result for chinese sleeping cages

The SDC

As said before, the SDC (Strategic Defence Coalition) is an Asian Chinese-led strategic military alliance in the near future. It is one of the largest military alliances in the world during the so-called Second Cold War in Black Ops II. In Die Rise, we can notice two different main types of living dead: Normal zombies and zombies wearing a SDC suit, and therefore with more health. What did those SDC soldiers there, before the Apocalypse? And why so many? I mean, usually soldiers don't just walk around in skyscrapers in a big and safe city, Shanghai, far away from the SDC borders. This is why I assume that Die Rise takes  partly place, or at least near a SDC base. The fact that there is a poster of Tian Zhao, the chairman or general of the SDC (depends on how BO2 ends), on top of the Dragon building, proves this theory even more. Now on a more interesting note: This is what that poster says, with many thanks to @DragonGJY:

“WANTED

This is a wanted man. XXXXXXX (7 words i cant figure out, i infer that its about where the man usually appears)

He did everything evil. He carries weapon(s) of mass destruction.

He is a dangerous man carrying weapon(s) of mass destruction, and he is suspected to be a zombie.

For anyone who give us clues or help us capture this man will be rewarded 50000 Yuan.”

Okay so uhm…. Weapons of Mass Destruction? Suspected to be a zombie? I think our dear friend mr. Zhao has messed with Element 115! Could Die Rise be a SDC station doing experiments with Element 115? A few points. And note that ALL these points apply only on the building with the Dragon on the rooftop.

• Most of the windows of that building are for some reason all closed off with barriers. Was what happened here secret for the outside world? Or were those things within the building not allowed to exit it….

• There is a huge neon board outside on the building with "International Zombie Centre on it". The word 'International' immediately stands out to me. Like, did the SDC work together with groups like Broken Arrow concerning experimenting with 115? Another, more likely possibility could be the fact that the SDC is, in some way, already international. China, Mongolia, Russia and many more countries are members of it. So this neon board litterly says that the building was a place where zombies existed.

pLR-h9HshuiD13hNlA15SWCOs1M65KYzzk3e8UjJ

• Back to Tian Zhao's poster, it simply says that he might be a zombie. Like, really? Every normal Chinese who reads that would think that's a joke, wouldn't they? So maybe that poster only hangs in and on top of THAT particular building, since the people who live/work there, know the truth behind Element 115 and the undead effects of it.

• The Sliquifier. I know the Victis crew built it themselves, but maybe they build it up from parts of a previously built Sliquifier, built by the SDC. After all, all the Sliquifier parts lay in the Dragon building…

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor die rise

• In the depressive floor, as I always call it, the floor where you can turn on the power, one can see some mysterious looking wooden boxes. They look the same like the crates in Farm and Shi No Numa, so perhaps they have pieces 115 in it?

So assuming if the Dragon building was a SDC station, doing experiments with 115 and with the undead, why are there so many sleeping cages and sewing machines? Perhaps the cages held test subjects, or possible even zombies. The sewing machines could be some distraction for the test subjects, to make the conditions a bit more humane, or possibly the SDC overseers wanted the test subjects who weren't doing something, make effective by putting them on work. Another reason could be that the sewing machines were already there when the SDC started to use the skyscraper, and that they never took the effort to take them away.

The Jumping Jacks

The Jumping Jacks, the clicking, jumping and teleporting creatures that spawn in Die Rise during special rounds, have NOT anything to do with the SDC. Here’s why:

The Jack’s, as I like to call them, only spawn during special rounds, when you can Richthofen say “Fetch me their souls”, and when purple lights begin to flash (flashes from the Dark Aether), similar to Samantha when sending her Hellhounds. I have always wondered why Richthofen sends killing creatures to the Victis crew, who only try to help Richthofen gaining the ultimate power. The Timeline gives an explanation of that.

“October 22nd, 2035 - DIE RISE - Still hoping to regain control, Richtofen teleports Victis to Province 22, where he demands that Stuhlinger activate the second polarization device. Once again, the crew sides with Maxis. The voices cease for some time, leaving Victis to wander the earth.“

So apparently the Victis crew did not help Richthofen at all, and Maxis’s end is canon. Richthofen blackmails Stuhlinger in the hope he will listen to him, and when that not works, Richthofen sends his Jack’s in the hope he could convince Victis with fear, or perhaps in order to stop Maxis gaining ultimate power. Anyway, the Jack’s are not from Province 22. They are teleported to there, similar to the Hellhounds in Shi no Numa, Kino der Toten, Groom Lake, Green Run (survival) and Der Eisendrache. Because Jumping Jacks look so familar with Nova-6 Crawlers, I think it was either Group 935 (Theatre Facility, Griffin Station) or Broken Arrow (in the Pentagon) who did experiments with Nova-6 Crawlers, ending in the same result as with Fluffy. These, now by Aether corrupted and mutated Nova-6 Crawlers, are send by Richthofen to Province 22. They have nothing to do with the location itself.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor jumping jack die rise

So this was my story. Have you not seen enough of the Great Leap Forward? No worries, @RequixEclipse might release some stuff about Die Rise in the future as well.....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for this post @anonymous. It was actually really good to read! I have always disliked Die Rise on the story side because it just seemed so irrelevant, but you got me thinking.

So the rockets hit in 2025. Die Rise occurs in 2035. So we have a 10 year Apocalypse. Perhaps the "International Zombie Center" was set up during that time. Perhaps a skyscraper was a good place for it considering it was so high up.

Oh and thank you about the Sleeping Cages. I did remember seeing them, but never really gave much thought to them. I didn't realize how bad they were or even that it was a historical representation. This makes me like Die Rise better now.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

So the rockets hit in 2025. Die Rise occurs in 2035. So we have a 10 year Apocalypse. Perhaps the "International Zombie Center" was set up during that time. Perhaps a skyscraper was a good place for it considering it was so high up.

The missles are fired on Earth (do you know, by change and with the help of the ZC Moon EE, on what exact locations?), on 13 October 2025, exactly 80 years after 13 October 1945: The "Fluffy" Incident. 2 years after the Moon missile's have hit our planet, in 2027, it is revealed that the infectious contaminants of 115 have gone airborne, this causing a zombie apocalypse. Is this apocalypse created by the Moon missile's, while that happened already 2 years (730 days earlier), or did something else caused the Apocalypse? Is it  Broken Arrow, accidently creating the undead nightmare?

Broken Arrow is disbanded after the primary facility is lost in a fire.  It is later believed to be an act of arson committed by employees destroying evidence implicating them in the outbreak.  

Anyway, if the latter is true, it could be very likely that the SDC or perhaps even more nations created an "International Zombie Centre" in the hope to solve the crisis

Very very juicy information @anonymous as always! 

On 5/23/2017 at 9:29 AM, anonymous said:

So this was my story. Have you not seen enough of the Great Leap Forward? No worries, @RequixEclipse might release some stuff about Die Rise in the future as well....

Yes it's been along time coming.. XD

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators
On 23-5-2017 at 4:29 PM, anonymous said:

So assuming if the Dragon building was a SDC station, doing experiments with 115 and with the undead, why are there so many sleeping cages and sewing machines? Perhaps the cages held test subjects, or possible even zombies. The sewing machines could be some distraction for the test subjects, to make the conditions a bit more humane, or possibly the SDC overseers wanted the test subjects who weren't doing something, make effective by putting them on work. Another reason could be that the sewing machines were already there when the SDC started to use the skyscraper, and that they never took the effort to take them away.

I recently saw a pretty interesting documentary that might give a more logical explaination about this. It was about corrupt biotech companies that use developing countries as laboratories, complete with the locals as human guinea pigs. The companies release sneaky genetically engineered microbes on unwitting local inhabitants to observe the effects. Governments of these developing countries have nor the knowledge nor the power to stop these heinous violations on human right. 

The skyscraper in Die Rise could be such place. The Chinese citizens don't know about anything, ans just continue their life working in the sewing factory aand sleeping in their cages. Nobody cares about them. Because of this, science groups (the SDC, Broken Arrow or perhaps the "International Zombie Centre") release 115, the skyscraper zombifies (can you imagine what chaos it must have brought in the skyscrapers? Do you remember the handprints on the walls in Die Rise?), and it is quarantained, damned to be called the "International Zombie Centre".

Now I think longer about this, wasn't "Green Run" such project as well (sciencific industry that infected the area and its inhabitants with nucleaar elements)? Maybe all BO2 maps are lije this. Might give an some backstory for Buried...

• 2 months later...

I remember when Die Rise first came out, people thought that tower was a secret location, and everyone was trying to "get over there". What's interesting about it, is that you can see it very plainly on the menu screen when you click into the Map. It's like boom, right there, drawing the eye immediately (treyarch has a sick sense of humor with this type of stuff, they still have some people going mad over obscure details of maps, 5 years later :P).

I admit my mind sometimes wonders to this tower and the possibility of reaching it, but it's a pointless endeavor, as every stone in Blops2 was turned over years ago; there's nothing left to find.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, LocoMofo85 said:

I remember when Die Rise first came out, people thought that tower was a secret location, and everyone was trying to "get over there". What's interesting about it, is that you can see it very plainly on the menu screen when you click into the Map. It's like boom, right there, drawing the eye immediately (treyarch has a sick sense of humor with this type of stuff, they still have some people going mad over obscure details of maps, 5 years later :P).

I admit my mind sometimes wonders to this tower and the possibility of reaching it, but it's a pointless endeavor, as every stone in Blops2 was turned over years ago; there's nothing left to find.

Good to hear of you, Loco. What exact tower do you mean? I've never heard of this but I'll dive into Ecosia to search and find it :P

EDIT: Ah, its so obvious. You mean the Jin Mao tower. I agree that it is kinda detailed for just a background model. Yet I think its meant more like a sign to make clear Die Rise's location (China, or possibly more specific: Shanghai) than an actual accesable area. But...you never know

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 4:29 PM, anonymous said:

Good to hear of you, Loco. What exact tower do you mean? I've never heard of this but I'll dive into Ecosia to search and find it :P

EDIT: Ah, its so obvious. You mean the Jin Mao tower. I agree that it is kinda detailed for just a background model. Yet I think its meant more like a sign to make clear Die Rise's location (China, or possibly more specific: Shanghai) than an actual accesable area. But...you never know

Yes, the Jin Mao Tower, but only when you enter the map menu, where you see the overhead shot, and can click on Die Rise mode. You see the tower so clearly; this massive dark mass. It's almost ominous, begs you to ponder just what is it, and why it's there. Well, to me anyway. 'XDvantages

EDIT: I came back to write another thread about the use of Tombstone, and its objective advantages over the classic Quick Revive struggle. This thread may very well have a heavier handed delivery, because the struggle is real. Even if I can get 2 out of 3 to use Tomb, 1 out of those 2 will refuse to grab a 5th or 6th perk as well. It's sad when I play more GTA than Zombies. -.-'

• Moderators
7 hours ago, LocoMofo85 said:

Yes, the Jin Mao Tower, but only when you enter the map menu, where you see the overhead shot, and can click on Die Rise mode. You see the tower so clearly; this massive dark mass. It's almost ominous, begs you to ponder just what is it, and why it's there. Well, to me anyway. 'XDvantages

EDIT: I came back to write another thread about the use of Tombstone, and its objective advantages over the classic Quick Revive struggle. This thread may very well have a heavier handed delivery, because the struggle is real. Even if I can get 2 out of 3 to use Tomb, 1 out of those 2 will refuse to grab a 5th or 6th perk as well. It's sad when I play more GTA than Zombies. -.-'

Interesting....perhaps @Rissole25 can noclip the map. Die Rise has always been such vague map. Just...the location, the story, the atmosphere. Anyway, I look forward to your next thread. Tombstone is one of my favourite perks (most fun, not most important), among with Who's Who and PhD Flopper. I too am currently working on a theory about the Pack-a-Punch and Perk-a-Colas being connected with the Old West...and Buried (credits go to @RadZakpak). Don't expect it soon, I am working on it now and then, and right now, exams have higher priority.

Bringing back some memories.

Die Rise was the start of the demise of Zombies story for me. So much potential but no context nor content.

(I think the rift had started on Jimmy & Reza around this time too)

But Die Rise has one of my favourite Easter eggs in all of Zombies! 

This calendar!

The Chinese writing says "ICE"

ICE = 935 

ICE%20Calendar_zpsp3buw4qs.png

And pretty much the only backstory in the whole map.

-gzm_hr_decal_wanted_c_zpsfa36f562.png

• Moderators
5 hours ago, PINNAZ said:

Bringing back some memories.

Die Rise was the start of the demise of Zombies story for me. So much potential but no context nor content.

(I think the rift had started on Jimmy & Reza around this time too)

But Die Rise has one of my favourite Easter eggs in all of Zombies! 

This calendar!

The Chinese writing says "ICE"

ICE = 935 

ICE%20Calendar_zpsp3buw4qs.png

And pretty much the only backstory in the whole map.

-gzm_hr_decal_wanted_c_zpsfa36f562.png

Thank you. You've got quite a name here, and it's nice to see you again. To me personally it was the map and mysteries of TranZit and the Shangri La loading screen, just after the release of BO3, that made me feel interested in the storyline. 

Archived