Loosing Your Mojo

Hello Boys and Girls, Men and Ladies. 

Recently I've come back from a break from Zombies due to fracturing my hand, and I've noticed a change in my zombie slaying. I'm use to getting to 40s and 50s on my own, and atleast 20s early 30s with randoms but it seems I've lost my way. I just can't seem to get in the groove of things like I use to, maybe it will take a bit more time but I just wanna know if anyone else has had this problem, and how did they cope with it. I need my zombies fix, I can't do these low round downs anymore lol. :SNIF:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 07/04/2016 at 9:43 PM, DilRobskii said:

Hello Boys and Girls, Men and Ladies. 

Recently I've come back from a break from Zombies due to fracturing my hand, and I've noticed a change in my zombie slaying. I'm use to getting to 40s and 50s on my own, and atleast 20s early 30s with randoms but it seems I've lost my way. I just can't seem to get in the groove of things like I use to, maybe it will take a bit more time but I just wanna know if anyone else has had this problem, and how did they cope with it. I need my zombies fix, I can't do these low round downs anymore lol. :SNIF:

I had a couple year gap before the release of Black Ops 3 and I felt like I'd lost it, but right now I think I'm as good again as I ever have been.

It's always hard to pick up zombies after a longer pause. When Black Ops 3 came out I had watched a lot of zombies related videos on youtube, but not actuallu played myself and picking up a new map and trying to do as good as before was pretty hard... especially cause the game introduced a lot of new features. But now I have made my all time best round record on zombies (though BO3 zombies are a lot easier than earlier zombies)

19 hours ago, jiipee95 said:

It's always hard to pick up zombies after a longer pause. When Black Ops 3 came out I had watched a lot of zombies related videos on youtube, but not actuallu played myself and picking up a new map and trying to do as good as before was pretty hard... especially cause the game introduced a lot of new features. But now I have made my all time best round record on zombies (though BO3 zombies are a lot easier than earlier zombies)

I still think mechanically the Black Ops 1 zombies are easiest to predict and control, but of course with things like the shield covering your ass it's generally easier to train in these new maps now that the mega-slowdown from zombie hits has been patched.

2 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

I still think mechanically the Black Ops 1 zombies are easiest to predict and control, but of course with things like the shield covering your ass it's generally easier to train in these new maps now that the mega-slowdown from zombie hits has been patched.

I haven't tried BO1 zombies in a while... maybe I have just got better at zombies? But things like shield, gobblegums and double pack-a-punch definitely makes zombies easier. One thing in BO1 that made it hard was running out of ammo... and mystery box weapons were actually better than the wall weapons so it was a choice between a powerful weapon vs. a weapon you could buy ammo. With double pack-a-punch you can get rid of a train with just few bullet with ANY weapon and you also have gobblegums to get more ammo etc...

8 hours ago, jiipee95 said:

I haven't tried BO1 zombies in a while... maybe I have just got better at zombies? But things like shield, gobblegums and double pack-a-punch definitely makes zombies easier. One thing in BO1 that made it hard was running out of ammo... and mystery box weapons were actually better than the wall weapons so it was a choice between a powerful weapon vs. a weapon you could buy ammo. With double pack-a-punch you can get rid of a train with just few bullet with ANY weapon and you also have gobblegums to get more ammo etc...

Yeah, I mean it's still easy to run but it's just that little bit easier on BO1. In general, though, yep, zombies has gotten easier for sure. Could never even dream of getting to 100+ without using the box on most maps unless you were using traps since early on and did very well to not need a defensive weapon, but with these maps now you can get there with no box, no traps and no ammo issues if you're running.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, jiipee95 said:

But the wall weapons were actually relatively powerful. The AK-74u pack-a-punched to AK-74fu2 was insanely good, and on Moon, the wall weapon could be hacked so that PAP ammo cost 400. THAT'S the epitome of OP. 

But the cool think about having even MORE powerful weapons in the box is *that's* what made us love and hate it so much. We depended on it. Now it's becoming kind of just an option, should you wanna switch things up some. The wall weapons are some of the most powerful in the game. Sadness. 

3 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

But the cool think about having even MORE powerful weapons in the box is *that's* what made us love and hate it so much. We depended on it. Now it's becoming kind of just an option, should you wanna switch things up some. The wall weapons are some of the most powerful in the game. Sadness. 

I haven't seen a boxhugger go down and loose their gun on round 3 in ages... I miss those times, lel. 

4 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

But the wall weapons were actually relatively powerful. The AK-74u pack-a-punched to AK-74fu2 was insanely good, and on Moon, the wall weapon could be hacked so that PAP ammo cost 400. THAT'S the epitome of OP. 

Yeah some of the wall weapons were good, but the box had the best ones. Including wonder weapons. Now the Wonder weapons are buildable in both SOE and DE so only reason you'd want to hit the box is for Arnies or Monkeys.

It would make the game a bit more interesting if they put both extremely bad and extremely good weapons in the box and put all the mediocre weapons on the walls... That's how it should be. But because of double PAP every "bullet" gun is considered as a wonder weapon and even Sheiva is relatively good...

And to go back to BO1 for a while... even though some of the wall weapons were alright, it felt like not getting enough points to constantly buy more ammo to your upgraded weapon. Yeah Moon had hacker and you could make ammo cheap, but it was only one map after all.

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

Yeah some of the wall weapons were good, but the box had the best ones. Including wonder weapons. Now the Wonder weapons are buildable in both SOE and DE so only reason you'd want to hit the box is for Arnies or Monkeys.

It would make the game a bit more interesting if they put both extremely bad and extremely good weapons in the box and put all the mediocre weapons on the walls... That's how it should be. But because of double PAP every "bullet" gun is considered as a wonder weapon and even Sheiva is relatively good...

And to go back to BO1 for a while... even though some of the wall weapons were alright, it felt like not getting enough points to constantly buy more ammo to your upgraded weapon. Yeah Moon had hacker and you could make ammo cheap, but it was only one map after all.

I completely agree with the second part, but can't say I agree with the third. The AK and the MP-40 were both incredibly reliable, and with the AK being a one-headshot for as long as it was, and then having that even further extend when PAPed, it easily paid for itself. Now, the M-16's 3-round burst really made it a disgusting weapon, while the MP-5 was okay for points, but only barely. The MP-5's equivalent-I'm forgetting its name-was basically a staple gun. So the AK was definitely the #1 pick. Think about it, even if you were on a round where it took three AK shots to the head to kill a zombie, it would only cost 15 shots-half a clip-to make enough to buy more ammo. 

57 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

I completely agree with the second part, but can't say I agree with the third. The AK and the MP-40 were both incredibly reliable, and with the AK being a one-headshot for as long as it was, and then having that even further extend when PAPed, it easily paid for itself. Now, the M-16's 3-round burst really made it a disgusting weapon, while the MP-5 was okay for points, but only barely. The MP-5's equivalent-I'm forgetting its name-was basically a staple gun. So the AK was definitely the #1 pick. Think about it, even if you were on a round where it took three AK shots to the head to kill a zombie, it would only cost 15 shots-half a clip-to make enough to buy more ammo. 

Are we talking about the upgraded AK74u? Yeah it's easy to get the 600 points to buy ammo for the non upgraded but once you upgrade it it costs 4500 points. I don't say it's bad and I think AK74u and MP40 are both quite good guns from the wall. Just saying that at some point they lose their effectiveness but some weapons from the box are still effective.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

Are we talking about the upgraded AK74u? Yeah it's easy to get the 600 points to buy ammo for the non upgraded but once you upgrade it it costs 4500 points. I don't say it's bad and I think AK74u and MP40 are both quite good guns from the wall. Just saying that at some point they lose their effectiveness but some weapons from the box are still effective.

I was saying the AK is very effective for quite some time. I dare say round 20. Now, true, it eventually becomes minimally effective, but honestly, by the time it does, you will have made up enough to buy upgraded ammo and have plenty of points to spare.

• Moderators

No Kar98k and Olympia like shitty wallweapons anymore, for when you had no bullets and little money. Also no ww2/cold war guns in general anymore. Even in BO2 there were still some WaW and BO1 guns. The mystery box' defininition is a box which provides weapons from all ages......not anymore, there are only 2060 weapons now.