Most Recent SoE Findings?

Cunambula

I am looking for where we are discussing this new info , so a redirect would be nice. Otherwise, I'll start off...

NoahJ recently had a friend (with video) of purple gatekeepers chasing him during the shadow man battle. There was also a difference in the "normal" color of the gatekeepers, To noahj , normally they are sleepy purple and red awake (i may have this backward or wrong) but in the friend video they were opposite ,  or at least they were red while asleep and purple ones would spawn and chase him and leave the purple mark on the floor like in the flag step.

I have also heard rumors of a purple margwa heart (a second margwa heart) but i havent seen anything yet (confirm anyone?)

and while were at it, why do I sometimes get snakeskin boots with lyrics and other times just instrumental?

The lightning from the un-upgraded sword is definetly for something,  and the fact that we get recharged in the circles during the apothicon egg step tells me something we are missing.

any thoughts or corrections?

add me for EE hunting/exploring/story talk

XBL Jami San

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of mystery behind this map but alot of what you're trying to discuss is under controversy. Whether or not these purple Keepers are intended is crucial before continuing a search. For some reason, I feel like I'm back at Tranzit... "Oh, did I finish the Easter Egg? Is this light from the Box intentional? What about the Laundry Door?" Oh... Laundry Door... It's like using the Lord's name in vain at a place of worship.

Solo, if that matters.

The only thing that i have to offer is this: if i open PaP, the  red symbol circles start 'ember-ing'. Folk generally say this is because the egg step is next. But i didn't do anything for the eggs, just PaP.

So i thought; PaP on = Red Circle get red sparkles/embers/sparks. So, PaP is associated with it.

So i started killing zombies in the circle: nothing.

So i tried to stay in the circles and get kills with a PaP gun. When i left the circle, the shimmering was gone (each circle went off).

Each round they would come on, then go off after i started killing in the circle and stepped out of the circle

I then built the AS. Next round there was no shimmering red, but then the round later, it was back on and worked the same.

Using the unpap'd AS (360 can still pap, but i was trying to figure the legitimate way), the red circles stayed there and no amount of killing mattered.

Then, at The Black Lace (my character was Jessica), the red didn't seem to go away even when i stepped out of the circle, so maybe one needs kills in one's own circle.

So, I'm thinking that after PaP, everyone must stand in the same circle, or each player in theirs, and get X PaP-gun kills without leaving the circle. Maybe stay in it for an entire round?

I couldn't do this last night in solo because the round was getting up there and i couldn't defend the circle without stepping out of the circle.

Probably solo needs to do all 4 red circles.

When you get to the Arch-Ovum steps, this no longer works, so it seems as if swords (a clearly late-game weapon) need to wait until after we do something after PaP.

I'll try some more later; I'll get pap open early and see if i can learn anything more.

It was quite late last night and i wasn't clear headed, but i was onto something.

Edited by 83457
Typos and more

Reddit has made much more progress regarding uncovering more secrets. We should really get to cracking with some of the new evidence and confirmation of the WW audio cues. Y'all with me? I'm playing a game right now and I'm about to build the WW. Bout to hunt for hours.

8 hours ago, TheBiggerMuff said:

Not sure if this was already found but if you throw armies at the beast mode torches you get a Samantha laugh. 

New to me, thanks.

---

To mmm chocolate, At start of a solo game, there is something flickering in the gym that you can see through the windows. It does not match any in-game things that i have seen yet.

The urinal areas of the gym are graphically challenged. This happens with the poster by the door where you make GG at the candy store. So the poster draws attention to the GG EE, most likely because it was added after the regular building graphics. This appears the same way. It may be something hidden, or else I have the hypothesis that it was the Bank, but they pulled it from the game, leaving some twitchy showers.

----

Random things of probably no importance:

2 useless grapples, on either side of where the tram leaves the map: above SU, above the Footlight Workbench. I'm gonna try to hit that train solo, as beast, right at start when the train first appears in the map and heads to district X. One would have to hit it coming or going from Footlight. He says where he is going, then gets there and follows up with "now boarding for (the other 2) districts".

Footlight, above the perk, is a large marquee (sign) that has nothing on it. Leftover graphic? 360 left out?

Just above that, go up past the Kuda wallbuy, as beast, turn left, drop off the little walkway (facing perk area), right before the Fuse area $1250 Door onto a little triangular ledge. This hidden area has a window that looks like it was going to be a zombie window, but they abandoned the idea. It's weird that this ledge exists, and is right by the mystery grapple area. You are behind the 'escape the tomb' sign (out of map easter egg?). If you start a round near the box location in Footlight's last area, there is at least one zombie spawn out of the map by 'Zandemic'...

Take train to Footlight, drop down by GGm and your game ends if you didn't open either door nor the steps. Presumed glitch.

Only Junction has the open baskets and it has a ton of them.

We can upgrade the shield, but only temporarily. Then, there are refill tanks spread around the map. And in one of the recent updates, they all sort of are glitched slightly out of place, drawing more attention to them. What are they for if not some hidden RS thing?

Behind start is an alley. The meatballs jump the rail into there where they get trapped. Many of the walls seem to have no collision there (probably just because it's outside the map).

Books. Many in plain sight. Yes, the Lovecraft connection, but they seem prominent and normally books wouldn't be lying around a city. QR, Subway Beast. Each ritual area has the same table and book; they are so popular in this map that i figure they are just background, but maybe not.

Behind PaP is a ledge. I could not get over the wall as beast, but with the beast grapples there, maybe you can jump over it before you place the worm's, or during later fights or flag step.

At the end of the Tram is a hole that you can shoot out of... Maybe shoot something while out of the map by Zandemic while riding?

Table, in the window of Zandi's Smoke Lounge looks like it wants something on it. It is just down the straightaway from the Letter W (M?) Dead Guy (he was not a zombie, he was stabbed).

According to a reddit poster who searched the files, there is a voice cue and rumbling involved with Traps. I raced around to turn them all on at once, and i got a voice cue as i pulled the last chain. The round just ended, Jessica said this quote that i didn't catch fully, then said her usual end of round quote.

The quote sounded like 'that's a real honeypot...i like it'. But i may be way off. 

It was the first meatball round, and the traps actually killed them all as i ran around, so i don't know which triggered it:

All traps in one round.

Kills at each in one round.

All on at once.

I didn't notice any game change, but was focused on another hunt at the time.

I'm not 100% familiar with all Jessica quotes, but it sounded new to me.

Reproduction attempts underway.

There is a slight chance, in my opinion, that this could be AS related in that you can't activate the Subway Trap until the PaP room is open. There may be a reason, or it may be that there was no good spot to stick a trap, so they had to make it wait for that hole to be open. So I'm up in the air on how connected this is to our AS upgrade search or whether it's just a matter of design convenience.

Edited by 83457

I had 360 version for one week before I "Pack a Punched" Bo3 .  360 is missing a bunch od marquis Text,  you dont even have the "premier Nov. 6"  to the left of escape from the tomb,  and on 360 I tried beast mode exploring on top of train station in footlight and couldnt get up there, but i can on Xbone. Still no reason to think that your really missing anything exept better graphics...much much better. That is until more maps keep coming out and  360 is stuck with chapter 1.

I hope you make it to Xbone, if you do add me.

3 minutes ago, Cunambula said:

I had 360 version for one week before I "Pack a Punched" Bo3 .  360 is missing a bunch od marquis Text,  you dont even have the "premier Nov. 6"  to the left of escape from the tomb,  and on 360 I tried beast mode exploring on top of train station in footlight and couldnt get up there, but i can on Xbone. Still no reason to think that your really missing anything exept better graphics...much much better. That is until more maps keep coming out and  360 is stuck with chapter 1.

I hope you make it to Xbone, if you do add me.

Ha ha. But it's real easy to see around the map!

Stamin Up has no Jingle still. Candy store has no name. Attachments are still glitched.

Lots of little stuff. We finally got leaderboards, and a whole bunch more voice scripts (and incorrect sounds added to attachment menus, oops). So that's a plus, i guess.

On 12/23/2015 at 3:34 PM, 83457 said:

According to a reddit poster who searched the files, there is a voice cue and rumbling involved with Traps. I raced around to turn them all on at once, and i got a voice cue as i pulled the last chain. The round just ended, Jessica said this quote that i didn't catch fully, then said her usual end of round quote.

The quote sounded like 'that's a real honeypot...i like it'. But i may be way off. 

It was the first meatball round, and the traps actually killed them all as i ran around, so i don't know which triggered it:

All traps in one round.

Kills at each in one round.

All on at once.

I didn't notice any game change, but was focused on another hunt at the time.

I'm not 100% familiar with all Jessica quotes, but it sounded new to me.

Reproduction attempts underway.

There is a slight chance, in my opinion, that this could be AS related in that you can't activate the Subway Trap until the PaP room is open. There may be a reason, or it may be that there was no good spot to stick a trap, so they had to make it wait for that hole to be open. So I'm up in the air on how connected this is to our AS upgrade search or whether it's just a matter of design convenience.

I did some checking. I believe that the quote that i heard was just a 'chain pull' quote which i haven't heard much of. She only said one quote, on the last pull, but, playing as Nero, he said something on 2 of the pulls, but not the last. So i think i got duped by Jessica's quote.

----

However, i did notice this: the chains are fairly quiet until you open the PaP room. Then the chains begin to rattle very loudly.

I'd say 80% chance that is an audio cue to let us know that we need to do something with them, 20% chance of just another glitch.

Could someone listen for this on xbone? I did a bunch of stuff with the traps, i got a ding at one point in the game, but i could not say for sure what it was for.

Traps killed to about 45, then became mostly useless, so i think that's the normal strength still.

Edit: i found that just opening the pap room didn't start the rattling, you must also take the egg from subway, then the chains start to rattle. Or, in reverse, you can get the egg and then open PaP area to get the rattle.

Edited by 83457