Future Zombies Treyarch Hints from DICE Chat

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom right sketch is definitely a skull, you can see the cracks in it and the indent things skulls have at each side. In regards to the burn the liars, theres a lot of foreboding to burning the liars. Eddy isnt the only one as on wall writing on a door in der riese it says "Everyone lies" or something along the lines of everyone lying. Maybe thats how it ends? Maybe if you translate parts of that text we can try and piece it together?

I figured out what that black blob in the comics is!

It's a venus fly trap!  Not sure if people knew that, but I didn't!

gDrB4Aw.png

Note in the original loading screen (does anyone have the high res texture source??) it says Flesh Eating for the title.

Also note the other parts of the comic shown in the DICE image.

Top left: Richtohen Center for Clinical Research. $2.45

Bottom left: Pocket teleporter.  The text is almost readable...

afGIQXx.png

$1.75. Get ? to anywhere. ? the other. Transport yourself ? ? ?. Stuff ?

Maybe it would be worthwhile studying the original loading screen and anything from it that isn't in the maps yet.

Hm, maybe we are not going to Venus due to its dense atmosphere and such but maybe the Venus Fly Trap could come into play in a map, maybe as a utility or an enemy. But I don't know.

Does anyone know what this newsprint text is about?  It is NOT part of the original CotD loading screen.

ezIB9An.png

I was just looking into that myself.  This one is unknown to me.  It'd def not the page from the Moon loading screen, or the ad page underneath it either.

Could be another case of showing things we are familiar with, but with a slight twist on it.  That seems to be the theme.

- Mix

Here is where MixMasterNut discovered that it was a Venus Fly Trap.  I missed it:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/141695-in-depth-moon-loading-screen-analysis-updated/?p=1291937

Are we going to Venus??? ;)

That's definitely an interesting possibility.  If Venus doesn't happen, though, where else could a Venus Fly Trap be located? Maybe we would see it in a re-imagining/return to Shi No Numa, or the Moon bio dome?

Here is the Moon screen with unknown stuff called out.  Feel free to help out.  Click for a larger version.

kcxJeV5.png

1 Ugly Sounds. 95 cents. Skeleton ghost figure.

2 Learn to Draw. Weasel reference?

3 Acto-Mortis. with a scared face.  Not sure what the Acto prefix means.

4 Nova 6 Tank.  I don't think people knew what this was before.

5 Zombie Comedy $1.00. with a rotting maggot skull. "Some of the greatest jokes from the undead album."

6 Free Catalog 1500 Novelties.  Item 1 #4849. Item 2 #5454.  So what are those two item number that are being ordered? #s are listed on this sheed.

7 Deluxe Electric Shock $9.99. Shows like a spinal chord with electricity in it.

8 Therapeutic Apparatus - previously incorrectly said to be a bomb from multiplayer.  What is this?

9 Balloon.  Little girl holding a balloon on a string. Width of balloon called out.  Sam?

10 Richtofen Center for Clinical Research. Cadaver on a table with a sheet over it - Origins?!

11 Pocket Teleporter $1.75.  Amazing. Maybe this is a future item?

12 Old psyedonum for Treyarch from what I recall. Almost an anagram.

13 Amazing 2-Way Matter Transference $1.50. 2 monkey's going left and right. I'd never seen this before.  "Convert your appliances into matter transferance devices with this simple ?..... For greater results use multpile kits. 3226 5x6 kit 40lbs. $1.50 3227 Large kit $1,000,000.

14 Space Ice with a rocket ship outline.

15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 - I'm not sure.

19 is a perk bottle cap though.  "UN...." text above it.

So what can we make of any of this, and how does it relate to the hints so far.

22 I did notice this.  The Flesh Eating venus fly trap is one of the items ordered.  They ordered 2 of them, item #5454, for $1.50 each!  The text says "Plants that will eat you? ? Larger ? and beautiful. 5454 Plants $1.50"

But they tore it off, as if they changed their mind about that item?  Then it's put back in place on the DICE talk image?  But there is no writing on it anymore.   Don't you think that this fly trap is extra important then??

Item #4849 might be the Balloon.  If we had a higher res version we could be sure.

Edited by yourmapper

Or we are going to the east coat of america, where fly traps are commonly found?

True. But I doubt there is much vegetation left growing after the rockets hit, and a Venus Fly Trap would have little chance of surviving without any food source.

The past is a beautiful place my friend. We dont have to go forwards in zombies, we can go back, side to side and to the moon if we like!

Or we are going to the east coat of america, where fly traps are commonly found?

True. But I doubt there is much vegetation left growing after the rockets hit, and a Venus Fly Trap would have little chance of surviving without any food source.

The past is a beautiful place my friend. We dont have to go forwards in zombies, we can go back, side to side and to the moon if we like!

Very true! :P 

Here is the Moon screen with unknown stuff called out.  Feel free to help out.  Click for a larger version.

kcxJeV5.png

1 Ugly Sounds. 95 cents. Skeleton ghost figure.

2 Learn to Draw. Weasel reference?

3 Acto-Mortis. with a scared face.  Not sure what the Acto prefix means.

4 Nova 6 Tank.  I don't think people knew what this was before.

5 Zombie Comedy $1.00. with a rotting maggot skull. "Some of the greatest jokes from the undead album."

6 Free Catalog 1500 Novelties.  Item 1 #4849. Item 2 #5454.  So what are those two item number that are being ordered? #s are listed on this sheed.

7 Deluxe Electric Shock $9.99. Shows like a spinal chord with electricity in it.

8 Therapeutic Apparatus - previously incorrectly said to be a bomb from multiplayer.  What is this?

9 Balloon.  Little girl holding a balloon on a string. Width of balloon called out.  Sam?

10 Richtofen Center for Clinical Research. Cadaver on a table with a sheet over it - Origins?!

11 Pocket Teleporter $1.75.  Amazing. Maybe this is a future item?

12 Old psyedonum for Treyarch from what I recall. Almost an anagram.

13 Amazing 2-Way Matter Transference $1.50. 2 monkey's going left and right. I'd never seen this before.  "Convert your appliances into matter transferance devices with this simple ?..... For greater results use multpile kits. 3226 5x6 kit 40lbs. $1.50 3227 Large kit $1,000,000.

14 Space Ice with a rocket ship outline.

15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 - I'm not sure.

19 is a perk bottle cap though.  "UN...." text above it.

So what can we make of any of this, and how does it relate to the hints so far.

22 I did notice this.  The Flesh Eating venus fly trap is one of the items ordered.  They ordered 2 of them, item #5454, for $1.50 each!  The text says "Plants that will eat you? ? Larger ? and beautiful. 5454 Plants $1.50"

But they tore it off, as if they changed their mind about that item?  Then it's put back in place on the DICE talk image?  But there is no writing on it anymore.   Don't you think that this fly trap is extra important then??

Item #4849 might be the Balloon.  If we had a higher res version we could be sure.

Thanks for putting this up! I'm looking through it now, and you've got a great point. There seems to be a little more focus specifically on the fly trap. The pocket teleporter is interesting too, and it reminds me a lot of Buried's time bomb.

Edited by gfn21
  • Administrators

Here is the cursive writing enhanced.  

It's certainly French, based on the accents used and the word "et" (and).

afuZawT.png

Can anyone do better than that?

Interesting it's French though...

The only useful thing of the HD screen, but... I do not understand anything, it could also be in Vietnamese.

French? I think of Origins automatically, as that was in Bar-le-Duc, Northern France.

Lorraine Franconian (Lorraine Franconian: Plàtt, lottrìnger Plàtt; French: francique lorrain, platt lorrain; German: Lothringisch) is a designation, in practice ambiguous, for dialects of West Central German (German: Westmitteldeutsch), a group of High German dialects spoken in the Moselle département in the north-eastern French region of Lorraine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorraine_Franconian

It seems to me that we are at a dead end, or at least I am.  Not sure what else to look at or put together without some more hints or clues.

Just in case anyone didn't think of it, the Venus Fly Trap could also just refer to the first Zombies easter egg, the Fly Trap in Der Riese.  

Maybe just another reference for us to think we might be revisiting Der Riese.