Future Zombies Treyarch Hints from DICE Chat

here is the other picture

7ce25101cad29fac787d983c6e079dd8.png

via @Lizizadolphin 's post on the last page.

:edit: i paged the thread, so now it's on 2 pages ago aka page 4 lol :D

Thanks for getting me that, I couldnt see it. I think its interesting that he is crossed out in things that didnt appear in map, or maybe they are for another map?

Edit: Mods can we have some of this info in the OP as the, well, original poster cant do it at the moment and I think its handier to have there.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dd601b9e4eecfcb211212d4f7afd8637.pngee129b64eae92caec9ba1da576dd42ad.png

Notice at the bottom of the crossed out image you can see some clothing, where as richtofen has a shirt and cream waist coat, this character has a cream coat and something lighter in the centre...

dd601b9e4eecfcb211212d4f7afd8637.pngee129b64eae92caec9ba1da576dd42ad.png

Notice at the bottom of the crossed out image you can see some clothing, where as richtofen has a shirt and cream waist coat, this character has a cream coat and something lighter in the centre...

I think in either this thread or another I had said something about these profiles, the image they used to cross out is Dempsey's profile, you can see from the shape of the shoulder and the folds in the cloth.  These images were used by Treyarch as profile images on twitter before Origins came out, and Richtofen was the only one not used.

Oh your right it looks like Dempsey a lot but the middle is just a bit weird.

I think it's because of the fading and how much was erased.

Ok so they just used another image but im guessing its still meant to be richtofen? Ok so far we have loading screens being changed and richtofen being erased?

I cant tell if you are being sarcastic or not XD my question is why is he gone.

Well, what are some reasons we can think of for someone to want to get rid of him?  Someone's hatred towards him (Maxis, Samantha) could be one reason, causing them to remove his existence so they don't have to think about him OR to possibly stop some events from happening.  Another reason I can think of is maybe he's getting in the way of someone's plan?  Only reason I've thought of that is because we've only seen him removed in pictures having to do with Origins, and some of Sam's quotes towards him in Origins ("You're not listening, Edward.  Don't you want to help me?", "You cannot prevent what is coming, Edward.  The loop must be closed.", "You can't ignore me forever, Richtofen, you know what needs to happen.") sort of sound as thought he's getting in the way of her plans by not helping release her.

Ever since @Tattoo247 mentioned that the Kino portrait could be a result of somebody going back in time and stopping the person existing before they portrait was made, Takeos quote about the portrait "Maybe what was, is no more, but shall be again..." and finally Sams Origins quote you just mentioned "You cannot prevent what is coming Edward. The loop must be closed. You can't ignore me forever Richtofen, you know what needs to happen." It seems as if something Richtofen is doing not just in Origins but throughout the entire story is preventing the stories resolution. I kind of think their is a point in time when there is a choice. A choice before Origins? Let Richtofen live or the person in the portrait. Richtofen tells them he can resolve the loop if they save him, so in a heroic manner this person in the portrait sacrifices himself and writes himself out of history. But in reality Richtofen said this so that he could let the events in motion that we see from Black Ops to Buried. He wants ultimate power. But if this person in the portrait were to have lived, he could have ended the loop for real and this reinvention of the old maps that I keep theorizing about could replace Richtofen with this man. This means we go to other maps and one by one we fix things, maybe we get to Moon again and instead of Richtofen going into the MPD. This person releases her and manages to take the fall for himself. 

I think this would be such an interesting and cool way for things to go, following past events in an alternate history to fix things. What do you guys think?

photo0194h.jpg

Who created these paintings? In the corner theres a name, like Wendee or something. 

Also unimportant note is how in FIVE the portraits of Richtofen and the blank one are near each other...

Alright so Richtofen: gone, kapoot, vanished - all of sudden.  I love it.

Qdf4I1i.png

Both photos are of the Origins O4, so that means it's the Origins Richtofen that's been seemingly "erased".

All I can really think of is that scene from Back to the Future, where Marty's disappearing - I can only wonder if it's the same kind of scenario.

The Richtofen that we know from Origins is disoriented, not himself.

jJ8wSkKl.png

It's possible that he's still in shock from having sawed open Maxi's skull, but at the same time - there could be something larger going through Richtofen's subconscious.  The Richtofen of Origins does not appear to be the Richtofen that we know from BO, cackling gleefully about spleens and monkeys, Origins Richtofen is calm, concerned.  It's safe to say that most agree he absorbed a consciousness when he touched the MPD, but perhaps it unlocked part of his brain that had been there since Origins.

How does Origins Rictofen (or any of the Origins gang) not remember this?

ouul3c_zps0ca95332.png

Because it hasn't happened yet, well it has - but it hasn't happened in their time streams yet.  Who's to say that Richtofen couldn't do something to his time stream that would erase himself?  Or perhaps, for "things to be how they were", Richtofen needs to be killed.

As for the Kino photo, jeeze - I've spent so much time wondering about that... or why there are posters of them to begin with.  When the O4 shot the teleporter with the wunderwaffe, they traveled through space & time to Kino.  It's possible that they had been to kino before, and used the teleporter to go back in time and leave the paintings for themselves as some sort of warning.

hey guys I'm new here, i used to post on black ops 2 forums a while ago. I've been researching not so much in the original 4, but location of where the next map is... the one thing thing that I've been studying is the date october 1962 and johnston island/atoll... and its all starting to sound a lot like tranzit backstory. It was a very contaminated area like the hanford site washington, a lot of nuculear testing and misiles going wrong etc... so i thought this is the most legit thing we have to go on. So I've been watching docos on it all day, reading reports, articles... even watching home vacation videos (where i got most of this information from). anyway here are 3 photos that came to interest... especially the airforce base photo, I'm sure you all know why :)ScreenShot2015-02-05at113941pm_zps318098johnston_zps7063e90b.jpgjohnstonatoll2_zps3dd23e9a.jpg

my guess right now is that they are going to make a remake of all maps, just look at the photo above, its call of the dead in my opinion, but just like the other maps its different.... there are wires connecting to the mule kick boat.... the cargo crates where people would glitch have changed(I'm guessing just for that purpose). but have a new map aswell... johnston island/atoll....

Edited by BennetsGreen

In Origins its as if Richtofen is surpirsed he is alive, which is weird consdiering he was just removing his friends head. He also tries to like tell himself what has happened up until this point, maybe it wasnt richtofen as we know him until he had removed the brain for whatever reason. Also im pretty sure I mentioned Tattos theory which is a marty mcfly thing...

It's possible that he's still in shock from having sawed open Maxi's skull, but at the same time - there could be something larger going through Richtofen's subconscious.  The Richtofen of Origins does not appear to be the Richtofen that we know from BO, cackling gleefully about spleens and monkeys, Origins Richtofen is calm, concerned.  It's safe to say that most agree he absorbed a consciousness when he touched the MPD, but perhaps it unlocked part of his brain that had been there since Origins.

I think his look is shock and realization, because a hell of a lot of sh*t has happened to him (all of the men at the site getting sick, dying, then coming back as zombies) and now he's had to remove the brain of his oldest friend, pretty much the last person he probably cares about, in hopes that he can somehow be saved.  

It's not just Richtofen who is different.  I'm having trouble finding words to explain it, but it's as if they're complete opposites, and these characters from Origins are a bit more 'saintly' or good, in a way.

I think his look is shock and realization, because a hell of a lot of sh*t has happened to him (all of the men at the site getting sick, dying, then coming back as zombies) and now he's had to remove the brain of his oldest friend, pretty much the last person he probably cares about, in hopes that he can somehow be saved.  

It's not just Richtofen who is different.  I'm having trouble finding words to explain it, but it's as if they're complete opposites, and these characters from Origins are a bit more 'saintly' or good, in a way.

Your right about them being good and not war criminals, but this is a war before they are war criminals and I think that there is a lot of ground they should cover about how they evolved into the people we knew them as.