Five Nights at Freddy's Discussion Thread

@InfestLithium Good stuff.

Here's some things I couldn't figure out:

The biggest hole in the Phone Guy = Purple Man theory is that the events leading up to the demise of both are radically different and even contradictory when compared.
 We know the Phone Guy during his final moments holes up in a back room of the restaurant, while recording his final message to you, one of the animatronics (presumably Freddy) tries to enter the room by repeatedly knocking on the door, then after a minute or so Freddy enters and starts playing his song right before killing Phone Guy. 

However the FNAF 3 Death Minigames show us the Purple man dismantled all the animatronics before he died. 

Another thing is the newspaper clippings in FNAF 1 mentioning the Missing Children Incident. 
First of all,they state that two children went messing after being lured to a back room by someone wearing one of the suits. Video surveillance quickly led to the identification and arrest of the suspect. Another article mentions the disappearance of 3 more children, bringing the total up to 5, and also mentions the incarceration of the suspect. 
Since the incident happened on June 26th, it's safe to assume this is the cause for the FNAF 2 restaurant to first close. It also matches perfectly with that Phone Guy says during Night 5 of FNAF 2; that someone used one of the suits and caused the animatronics to malfunction. 

The thing is, if the Purple Man was apprehended shortly after the killings, there's no way he could've still been working with the company in FNAF 1, or have the ability to go back to the restaurant to dismantle the animatronics in FNAF 3.

The main reason we believe Purple Man returned to dismantle Freddy Chica Bonnie and Foxy is to destroy any evidence that would link him to the murder of the five children, but if he was already convicted for said murders, there would be no need for such a thing. 

Unless they got the wrong guy, and the Purple Man has always been afraid of them finding this out. Which is the real reason he keeps coming back.

Edited by Slade
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you guys still think Mangle did the bite of 87? I don't think you guys have been visiting www.Scottgames.com

Nightmare Bonnie

Meet Nightmare Freddy and Nightmare Bonnie (confirmed names on the IndieDB) When brightening both we see the word Nightmare (written in different ways) as well. These animatronics have razor sharp teeth, five fingers, clear endo eyes. They are broken, ruined and look a lot like the incarnations of the aniamtronics shown in the FNaF 3 minigames and a lot of other places in the third game. The reason these are suspected to be the culprits of the bite is because of their sharp teeth, the fact that when pressing inspect element the number 87 can be seen everywhere on Scotts website. People said some of the main things that were unsolved in FNaF 3 was the bite of 87's confirmed culprit and what "Its Me" Means. I believe it is in reference to the bite and as people were making videos saying that Nightmare Freddy could be the cause of the bite, Scott made this to stir everything up. I know the bite is supposed to be by a toy and I believed that up until I saw these. They are blatantly part of the cause due to there design.

Also another question was who is the murderer so I think there will be an answer to that as well.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager
  • Administrators

@Nightmare Voyager @Slade Exactly what I was thinking. Those hellish things would NEVER see the light of day in the restaurant, withered or not. If they didn't allow the withered mascots in FNaF 2 around, they sure as hell would not allow those Nightmare ones.

Mangle seems like a likely suspect and the evidence points clearly that it's her. But hey - if this new chapter shows us evidence otherwise then that would make this a very interesting contrapositive. :D

@Slade I was thinking that Freddy didn't kill him on the spot, but instead, Purple Man ran to the backroom and disassembled him as a defense measure.

And as for the arrests...I think that it was someone else. Purple Man would know to use a golden suit, and whomever was assigned to actually wear the suit was the one framed for it. That's how Purple Man was able to get around it so easily, but it was getting too close of a call for him. From there, he knew he had to dispose of the suits asap.

@Nightmare Voyager

You do know the whole reason the new toy animatronics from the second game were scrapped in the first place was because of the bite of '87 right? The newspaper at the end of the game mentions this as the animatronics "malfunctioning".

@InfestLithium @Slade

Another contradiction to the Phone Guy = Purple Man: the safe room.

It's nowhere to be found in FNAF 1 yet it's clearly visible in FNAF 3's minigames. We know thanks to Phone Guy's tapes from FNAF 3 this is because - aside from the safe rooms being outside camera view - all the safe rooms were sealed up and fake walls were constructed over the old door frames, making them look like just another part of the interior walls.

Quite some time after FNAF 1's Restaurant closed its doors for good, Purple Man returned to the now abandoned place and re-opened the safe room in FNAF 1's restaurant before dismantling the animatronics.

My money is still on the day shift guard from FNAF 2. He is the first person to ever get stalked by the animatronics, causing him to switch from the night to the day shift. When the animatronics are being tampered with and shit is going down, he reports nothing unusual happening during his shifts, and to top it all off he also conveniently disappears entirely when the murders finally start happening.

Yes I do know about the toy animatronics, but these guys are being hinted at being the things who caused the bite. But it never actually says that the bite happened so Scott left it open and may want to have revisited it in a different way. Nobody knows what these things are yet so nothing can be confirmed but its more than obvious that Scott is saying that this line of animatronics caused the bite. Also I never said anything about them being at a restaurant, I don't even know who these guys are besides Nightmare Animatronics.

Yes I do know about the toy animatronics, but these guys are being hinted at being the things who caused the bite.

They are not. 87 and Was it me? could just as likely refer to the 87 killing spree that caused the FNAF 2 restaurant to first close its doors before it re-opened with Jeremy as the new security guard.

As Slade already mentioned, there's no way in hell these things would be allowed to roam in a restaurant full of children. And the bite of 87 is what caused Fazbear's management to scrap the toy versions by blaming the bite incident on a malfunction, and restrict the old animatronics from ever walking around during the day again.

The Nightmare animatronics confirm this game takes place after 3. 
Looks to me like someone took a look at Fazbear's Fright and thought:"hey with a bigger budget and crazy scary Nightmare variants on the classic beloved animatronics we can do this whole 'Family Pizzeria turned horror theme park' thing a whole lot better. "

Perhaps the 87s on Scotts site mean that the whole horror attraction will be centered around the year of '87, with the story of the missing children and the bite being the main selling point to bring in customers. Kind of like how the restaurants kept re-opening. Some folks just can't leave Freddy and the gang alone.

I have no explenation as to why they are linked to the bite, but it is being heavily hinted at, You shouldn't just ignore it because it seems like it does not make sense at the moment, Scott managed to make a game seem like a sequel when it was a prequel. Nothing can be confirmed yet.

ZombiewarsSMT emailed Scott and got a reply saying that the word Nightmare has a lot to do with the next game. People have been throwing around the idea that whoever you play as begins to see these animatronics get more and more nightmareish as the nights go on which I thought was interesting and could kind of explain them, except they seem very real. Also he said he had a lot of ideas for this game so maybe he still can go a lot of places with the story. I know the whole "oh i emailed scott" thing is used a lot btw but this guy has had and will have early access to the fnaf games, also scott likes his videos and donates to his streams a lot so don't say he faked the email because he is a trusted source.

A guy on the subreddit posted this which I think is pretty cool:

ThPepVt.jpg?1

I just posted this on the subreddit and thought people might want to see it:

"With all building layouts in Five Nights at Freddy's, whether it be a pizzeria or horror attraction, we have had a building which has only one floor. We have multiple rooms and even ventilation shafts but only one floor.

A new idea I have been thinking about is the addition of multiple floors. By this I mean when looking at the cameras you will see the main part of the building, depending on what it is, where the main cast of assumed animatronics spawn. Then you will have the option of switching camera views, like in FNaF 3 with the vents, but instead this will bring you to a top floor or a bottom floor. This would be where more animatronics spawn.

So my idea is this. Upon opening the cameras, say on another maintenance panel, you will be shown the main floor where Freddy, Bonnie and Chica spawn. Then you have to keep an eye on say an attic which holds Foxy who is covered up. I think this could open up a lot of game play elements and could even make the game just more interesting. Animatronics could disappear from one floor and you as the player could panic and wonder where they are, only to find that they are on another floor. While you are looking for them on the cameras, another animatronic is already outside your office.

Is this a good idea for FNaF 4? I think it could be and I think it makes sense both building plan wise and game play wise to be something that is introduced and I hope that if Scott has not already had this idea, he will see this post and think about adding it."

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

B6jT5pt.jpg

Nightmare Cupcake and Chica. Yellow tone, Nightmare text (this is brightened but its still visible on scott games), three rows of teeth, seems impossible for a head to be in it because of teeth but the hollow head says otherwise.

Scott has said Nightmare as a word is a big factor in this game. Maybe these come straight from childrens nigthmares, specifically those who saw the bite or maybe the victims? Not saying we play as them or that this is a dream but maybe they are designed from nightmares or something? They look like suits, the five fingers and the hollow head hints at this but the teeth throw me off big time. A head could not fit in it so they must have been added after or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Nightmare Foxy! Things to note:

When darkening the image (yes you read correctly) the right eye has the number 87 in it.

When brightening, words appear in the mouth saying "Out of Order"

Also when brightening even more, in the teeth above that text it says "Nightmare"

Look at his tongue as well!

One last thing, it may creep people out but... hes looking directly at you.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just noticed that every time I posted an image, it seems to change depending on what the teaser is. Anyways I am going to do a round up of all the teasers and give some facts about them all:

Teaser

Nightmare Freddy, holding that hat from a previous teaser.

Nightmare Bonnie

Nightmare Bonnie. When brightening it says Nightmare.

Nightmare Chica

Nightmare Chica. When brightening it says Nightmare.

Nightmare Foxy

Nightmare Foxy. When brightening it says Nightmare in his mouth and says Out of Order. When darkening it says 87.

Something big is coming.

Purple Hat and Bow Tie. On the IndieDB it is named Something big is coming. A reflection of the next teaser can be seen in the picture.

rYMSHeE.jpg

Meet Fredbear. In the source code are letters which if you change to a letter back say FREDBEAR. When brightening, the stomach says Protect Me and it also says Or Me on the left. Also contrary to what people are saying, I fully believe this is Golden Freddy and is Fredbear. Stage 01 Freddy looks that same. The Black and White is to hide it so people will speculate. I expect the next teaser to be the head of this guy wearing a hat and of the one after that to maybe be Nightmare Springtrap? After that, well.. look at the paper plates is all I am saying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So when does FNAF 4 take place chronologically?

When the brother and his friends started to pick him up, I started cringing because I knew what was going to happen. I think I was more shocked at Purple Guy becoming Springtrap though.
It was sad though when the kids spirits apologized for biting down on him and said they were still friends.

Ok, so the crying kid is the marionette. I think that's the common assumption now.... But if that's the case.... Then why is he not killed by the purple guy? Unless.............

Purple-guy was in the suit when this happened.... 

So many questions now..... We can reason that phone-guy is purple man even more now that we see purple man, instructing how one puts on a spring trap doll. 

And if this is the bite of 87, then that can't be the marionette, who was killed back at the original fredbear's diner. 

Why did the animatronic bite the kid? Couldn't have been the servos or whatever, and the puppet doesn't possess things at this stage because it didn't have any souls to fill chica, bonny, freddy, foxy, mangle, and balloon boy yet...(The other 3 were on an AI system meant to target sex-offenders) 

Is the purple-guy related to the kid because purple guy's been around sense fazbear's diner, and the kid has an original fazbear's diner plush? 

Why is the older brother such a dick? And why is he always wearing a foxy mask, purple guy's favorite I might add! 

What restaurant is this? It's not fazbears, it's not Freddy's (FNAF 2) or Freddy's (FNAF 1) or the haunted memorial attraction (FNAF 3). The spring-traps are still in use.... Yet this is 1983-ish. 

What does the chest at the end unlock?

What is the party? 

And possibly the biggest one of all: 
WHY DOES THE POSTER SAY THE RELEASE DATE IS HALLOWEEN 2015?

Edited by Stop mocking me0

There is so much wrong with what you said, the kid is the bite victim, you can see no one in the suit, he isn't the marionette because he did not die, im not sure about purple guy yet because hes either phone guy or the technician, this is still fredbears, it exists in 1987 still but the marionette child could have died back in 1983, the springlocks are really unsafe, putting a kid in it is going to cause an accident, it wasnt exactly sex offenders it is just criminals, if purple guy was related to the kid then why didnt the kid go to him in the minigame? i think the foxy mask is kind of like a reference to the fact everyone thought foxy did the bite so in some ways he did (phone guys favourite actually, bot purple guys), its fredbears family diner, idk what the chest is since its linked to whatever happens in halloween, the party is the kids party, possibly even the happiest day and the one you say is the biggest one of all was explained by Scott, he changed the release date and is going to update the game with something on halloween.

There is so much wrong with what you said, the kid is the bite victim, you can see no one in the suit, he isn't the marionette because he did not die, im not sure about purple guy yet because hes either phone guy or the technician, this is still fredbears, it exists in 1987 still but the marionette child could have died back in 1983, the springlocks are really unsafe, putting a kid in it is going to cause an accident, it wasnt exactly sex offenders it is just criminals, if purple guy was related to the kid then why didnt the kid go to him in the minigame? i think the foxy mask is kind of like a reference to the fact everyone thought foxy did the bite so in some ways he did (phone guys favourite actually, bot purple guys), its fredbears family diner, idk what the chest is since its linked to whatever happens in halloween, the party is the kids party, possibly even the happiest day and the one you say is the biggest one of all was explained by Scott, he changed the release date and is going to update the game with something on halloween.

Most of what I said was questions....