Which would be better: Ranking system

Choose-  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Before this settles into petty argument, I'm going to ask you, politely, to get off my thread. You are being rude and unproductive. My system does NOT award people who play a lot or are in last place. You know this and are simply angry because I've seen the error in your system. If you can come back with a reasonable response and personal apology to me, you can converse among people again. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it the same I reckon but instead of days played tally marks, use these marks as map specific. Eg, shotguns

Say 5 tallies you are very good at that map, 1 tally being not so good.

Well what depicts good is the question... Consistent high rounds, no different to how it is now, but weight the maps. Eg bus depot round 15 is the same as round 30 on die rise as a deciding factor. Sorry mocking, but I'm in agreement with muffin, maybe it should stay the same but have weighted maps.

Zombies can't turn into a destinyesque bounty style ranking system. It would suck.

"Today open 100 doors to remain max rank"... Screw that man.

Muffin mate, that rant was a bit mental dude. Not quite sure it was needed to that degree.

The current ranking system is flawed. If I made a new account now, I'd have no issues getting shotguns. On my current account I'm a knife, work out my kd and it's around the 130 mark, goes up and down with what map I play.

Do I care that I don't have shotguns? Nope. Could I get them? I dare say I could if I wanted to spend a few hours on die rise, but I really don't have the time.

Either way, the best idea in this thread yet is weighted maps.

I don't have any idea what happened in this thread...

But the current system blows, and while a Destiny style bounty system to unlock some things could be fun, it shouldn't really impact the rank.

A rolling system could work, but a players rank shouldn't be effected for not playing. So as you said, the average of x amount of games could work alright. The fear with this though, is someone has an early down (or 3), and they bounce to get the bad game behind them quicker. Leads me to say that the average should be taken over a very large sample, not a small one. Like 50 games, or even 100 games.

Then a bad game is only a tiny % of your rank, and my theory is that less people would quit. This way we could also have a good gauge of either the persons tendency to quit games, or their internet crapping out.

But seriously @superstudmuffin that was uncalled for. Keep it friendly. You can respectfully disagree with someone without starting a fight. Or I don't know, maybe you can't.

@BestOfAllTime32 I see what you mean about those "bad games" people have. But consider the quote: "ameteurs practice until they can get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong." Maybe you shouldn't deserve max rank unless you don't have any bad games. Of course very few people never have a bad game, so that's unfair and disproportionate. But you get my point.

@Electric Jesus

Personally I don't really like the concept of a rolling rank at all.  Not with weeks or with games played or whatever.  Like i've mentioned elsewhere I feel like the Black Ops 2 rank system was such a failure, and it seemed that extinction enthusiasts enjoyed the ranking up and prestiging aspect, I think honestly that is the best way to go even though it may not be particularly creative or groundbreaking, it is still something we've never had in zombies.  And i think the incentive/reward for prestiging or ranking up should be non-gameplay affecting customizations/callilng cards/emblems etc. 

idk maybe im just not creative lol

I would agree with you on that, But it seems like they would inevitably make that kind of structure affect gameplay. Rolling ranks are like a stat tracker, but with a conventional rank system the whole point is to feel rewarded when you reach a milestone. If there aren't good enough rewards people will be pissed. I don't want gameplay rewards for rank and I don't want people being like "I'm max zombies prestige and all I got was an emblem, wah wah treyarch ruined my life."

I would agree with you on that, But it seems like they would inevitably make that kind of structure affect gameplay. Rolling ranks are like a stat tracker, but with a conventional rank system the whole point is to feel rewarded when you reach a milestone. If there aren't good enough rewards people will be pissed. I don't want gameplay rewards for rank and I don't want people being like "I'm max zombies prestige and all I got was an emblem, wah wah treyarch ruined my life."

Yep this is the reason time/xp based wouldn't work for zombies.

Unless it goes to unlocking stuff just like multiplayer. Personally fine with attatchments, camo's and perma perks, but nothing like Extinctions system.

I don't know about you, but getting double slapped on round 1-3 happens. And it always pisses me off lol. Personally not concerned about the rank (if it were the way you suggested), because it wouldn't effect me, but many others would be pissed.

Ok, so how about this: 

At the base you start with nothing... Obviously. 

Each map has an objective-based rise-up. You can keep improving your emblem this way. This rank will reach a "sub-max" where it will never go down from, however if  one does not survive past round XX within 3 games or so, they lose their full-max glowing-eyes. There is no other reward for this. 

Meanwhile, one shares a numbered XP-based rank on all maps. This meter only goes up. There are 50 levels. Most levels will reward you with camos, new attachments, and cosmetic things. When one prestige-es they get a wonder-attachment: Under-barrel ray gun, scavenger-launcher, thunder gun mini. This has a random chance of being obtained through the PAP. Once one has all attachments the player is awarded with a zombie kill-streak in MP. The kill streak calls forth zombies which run around and attack those of the other team. It's not very OP so it's ok. 

Hows that? 

Ok, so how about this: 

At the base you start with nothing... Obviously. 

Each map has an objective-based rise-up. You can keep improving your emblem this way. This rank will reach a "sub-max" where it will never go down from, however if  one does not survive past round XX within 3 games or so, they lose their full-max glowing-eyes. There is no other reward for this. 

Meanwhile, one shares a numbered XP-based rank on all maps. This meter only goes up. There are 50 levels. Most levels will reward you with camos, new attachments, and cosmetic things. When one prestige-es they get a wonder-attachment: Under-barrel ray gun, scavenger-launcher, thunder gun mini. This has a random chance of being obtained through the PAP. Once one has all attachments the player is awarded with a zombie kill-streak in MP. The kill streak calls forth zombies which run around and attack those of the other team. It's not very OP so it's ok. 

Hows that? 

that's one of the things i meant by the class skill point system

I know people hated ghosts, but I did love one thing from it.

How about a rank / reward system based on the field orders brief case? make it a rare power-up that looks like a flaming scroll of parchment, and call it blood contract. It will give you a challenge to complete within X amount of time, or something like that. Examples could be "make no purchases for 5 rounds" or "get a kill-to-headshot ratio of greater than 0.5 for the next round."

Completing them gives you XP, XP makes you level up. It could give you an in-game reward like a free 3000 points, but nothing outside of that single game.

Nah, zombies doesn't need an in-game reward system any more then it does now. But for primarily XP? Sure blood contract seems great!

Id be ok with an in game reward too, but I think that is a really cool idea EJ.  Its great because it isn't essential to play the game, but gives you incentive to complete the challenge as well.