Crawlers are NOT a pain.

Ok so, in BO2 one of the most gripping things about it's changes to zombies is the change of the dying crawler. In waw or bo1 the crawler could be kept alive indefinantly, even on large maps like moon. I'll admit, it would have been very painful to wait for a crawler to cross the map in tranzit, but as for buried, MOTD, and origins… Why not keep the crawler alive? In die-rise it would be caught on an elevator or stuck on a random floor so it also makes sense, but these 3 maps are different.

SO do we want to see the return of the "shoot to kill" crawler, or do we want to have to keep a "full zombie" alive?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so, in BO2 one of the most gripping things about it's changes to zombies is the change of the dying crawler. In waw or bo1 the crawler could be kept alive indefinantly, even on large maps like moon. I'll admit, it would have been very painful to wait for a crawler to cross the map in tranzit, but as for buried, MOTD, and origins… Why not keep the crawler alive? In die-rise it would be caught on an elevator or stuck on a random floor so it also makes sense, but these 3 maps are different.

SO do we want to see the return of the "shoot to kill" crawler, or do we want to have to keep a "full zombie" alive?

BRING BACK THE EVER CRAWLER.

Man I miss crawlers. They made things so much easier and quicker when you didn't have to babysit them.

And on Der Riese if a crawler dies out it just comes back as a full zombie, so they could easily have done that with black ops 2 (for the likes of Tranzit or Die Rise if it got stuck somewhere).

I think the crawler should be brought back.

Hell, there are many expressions to come out of zombies:

"Revive me, I've got the ray gun"

"zombie train"

and of course:

"MAKE SURE TO KEEP A CRAWLER AT THE END OF THIS ROUND!!!!"

Anything that was successful enough to spawn it's own expression should never be altered.

They definitely should bring crawlers back. It's an iconic thing to yell save a crawler. It makes side quests easier, it makes hitting the box easier. Everything.

If a zombie glitches out on an elevator, have it respawn. If the crawler is too far away from you on Tranzit, they could've made crawlers respawn in an area near you. It sure beats them just dying when you're in the middle of something.

It's not just crawlers that die now. To make it worse, if you damage a zombie even the smallest bit, it'll die when you leave it alone.

(That's an easy way to clear a train: shoot them all in the foot once, then run away from them and they'll die, yay.... >.> )

I do miss the "Wandering Crawler"

In Black Ops, if the crawler died out, it would repawn in proximity with full health I believe? And you could make him a crawler again.

In Black Ops 2, if you were far enough away, the crawler would die out & end the round. Even a full health single zombie respawns, but I know that if he was just a little damaged & you made too much distance on him, he would die out on his own will this ending the round.

At the 2011 COD XP, I think it was Colin who said that "creating & leaving a crawler at the end of the round is not cheating". I wonder why they changed this?

I would like a way to transform the it-will-die crawler into a forever crawler.

The only time we saw something like this was in Buried, with the big guy helping us carrying the baby.

So... It's not completely OP like in WaW/BO1 and neither completely troll like in the rest of the maps in BO2. 

I would like a way to transform the it-will-die crawler into a forever crawler.

The only time we saw something like this was in Buried, with the big guy helping us carrying the baby.

So... It's not completely OP like in WaW/BO1 and neither completely troll like in the rest of the maps in BO2. 

I loved how the Big Guy could carry a Crawler because it made it so you could go do something and know the crawler may not die or respawn and kill you which is where other maps failed as well.