THe ray gun mark two: Here to stay or left with BO2.

Poll  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Max Porter built both ray guns no?

Speculation though mate? It's not been in any audio log/radio/TV/quote etc (as a direct quote about the RGM2.)

Max Porter is the original designer who designed the Ray Gun, Wave Gun/Zap Guns and Ray Gun Mk II. H. Porter is the fictional Zombies character who created them in game (or at least the PaP versions). It's not directly said, but the fact the Mark II PaP'd is Porter's Mark II, and the designer of it is Max Porter, it can be assumed it's H. Porter's creation.

Anyway, I'd be up for Winter's Howl Mark II honestly, use the early version of it as a Mark II since it looks beast:

Winter%27s_Howl_early_version_model_BO.p
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I explained the Ray Gun with details of stuff people usually know why did it already get overlooked? Anyways that WInters Howl looks amazing.

Nightmare, it's a great theory, but most of its speculation. If there was a little more evidence it would be supported more. Anyways

Just played Origins. And when Richtofen is using the ray gun Mark ii, he says something like "how did Maxis keep this weapon's development a secret?"

This could mean a few things:

1. The mark ii was created prior to 1918 and Maxis DID keep it secret. OR...

2. Maxis created it AFTER 1918 but the mystery box brought it into ww1 era. That would explain why Richtofen hadn't heard of it.

The box pulls weapons from different times we know that it can be made anywhere but the fact it appeared in Buried and that it was meant to be built there with blue prints and such and an upgraded version shouldn't be overlooked. Most of it isnt theory I do not see why it has to be really it makes more sense and fits in the story more than any other theory I have heard from anyone else.

Speculation though mate? It's not been in any audio log/radio/TV/quote etc (as a direct quote about the RGM2.)

Max Porter is the original designer who designed the Ray Gun, Wave Gun/Zap Guns and Ray Gun Mk II. H. Porter is the fictional Zombies character who created them in game (or at least the PaP versions). It's not directly said, but the fact the Mark II PaP'd is Porter's Mark II, and the designer of it is Max Porter, it can be assumed it's H. Porter's creation.

Anyway, I'd be up for Winter's Howl Mark II honestly, use the early version of it as a Mark II since it looks beast:

Ah H. Porter lol.   Im too old i get confused with my Porter's too easily ;)

Purhaps when he gets the ray gun in origins he's referring to maxis hiding the mark 1's development.

I don't see how he would be thing about the first Ray Gun. I mean he says this while using the Mark ii. Hm. Idk I'll have to see what he says while using the first Ray Gun.

And @Nightmare Voyager

Is it really fair to say the Ray Gun Mark ii appeared first in Buried? If I'm not mistaken, when DLC 3 was released, the Mark ii was immediately put into ALL the maps. Not just Buried.

@thegoldenspork115 But why would another version of the regular Ray Gun appear which would have been used to craft the MKII, that has to show it was meant to be from Buried as there was a new version of the Ray Gun ready to aid in its creation. Also we had not had it up until Buried, maybe because we went to the town and used that box it was able to travel to all other locations.

I would point to it being discovered at Buried, but that depends on if they patched in quotes for TranZit or Die Rise for the Mk II or if they generic quotes. Also do the Mobsters say anything unique about the Mk II (specifically Al) or just generic quotes?

We should probably get a mod to split this into its own thread, there's more talk of its origins tha if it will return in the next game.

I know I got off topic of the already off topic discussion here. Lol. My bad.

But Nightmare, I don't follow the first sentence of your last comment. What do you mean by it?

And yeah this should definitely be it's own thread considering it's not what was supposed to be discussed here.

Yeah should be a new post, anyways the model for the Ray Gun in Buried is different and this is carried over to Origins, but I am unsure if they quote about it in Origins, I think they do in Buried.

@Stop mocking me0 maybe you should change the name of the thread to "Where did the RGM2 come from?!?"

Just to throw another quick thought into the discussion, if you want to get really fussy on what map had the RGM2 first, the answer was every map except Buried! if everyone remembers, when the patch was released, the RGM2 made a quick appearance before being hotfixed out.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

@Stop mocking me0 maybe you should change the name of the thread to "Where did the RGM2 come from?!?"

Just to throw another quick thought into the discussion, if you want to get really fussy on what map had the RGM2 first, the answer was every map except Buried! if everyone remembers, when the patch was released, the RGM2 made a quick appearance before being hotfixed out.

Still fits with the box dragging guns from other times, it came from the future!

Yep. And no one is denying that, it's what the box does.

It's just the mark 2's creator that we're all debating about.

On the note of space and time, maybe it will get explained in the next game. Perhaps it was made by someone totally different.

Also nightmare, I'm not arguing with you for the sake of it. I just genuinely think the Porters Mark 2 raygun is named so from sheer laziness, and nothing else.

So,   logically, the RGM2 came from the box yes? That's how it was spread to tranzit… 

Actually Richtofen could not have made the gun… It's one thing for the gun to seep into origin's alternate reality or MOTD's hell, but for the M2 to be available before round 25 in nuke town means that the M2 was available from outside of richtofen's reign… I'm going out on a limb here and saying maxis is likely the true crafts-man… 

Or perhaps over-exposure to 115 has caused our favorite weapon to mutate it's self to become even stronger… 

Actually something I would really like to see in the next game is while the O4 are in argartha there should be a table that allows one to build weapons from parts around the map and then put them in the box. THAT would be an epic map… Like from the start the box holds maybe four normal weapons, but the more you build the more are added to the box. One of which is the M2… 

So,   logically, the RGM2 came from the box yes? That's how it was spread to tranzit… 

Actually Richtofen could not have made the gun… It's one thing for the gun to seep into origin's alternate reality or MOTD's hell, but for the M2 to be available before round 25 in nuke town means that the M2 was available from outside of richtofen's reign… I'm going out on a limb here and saying maxis is likely the true crafts-man… 

Or perhaps over-exposure to 115 has caused our favorite weapon to mutate it's self to become even stronger… 

Actually something I would really like to see in the next game is while the O4 are in argartha there should be a table that allows one to build weapons from parts around the map and then put them in the box. THAT would be an epic map… Like from the start the box holds maybe four normal weapons, but the more you build the more are added to the box. One of which is the M2… 

See thats what the Mark II was meant to be in Buried. Also why would Porter not have made the second version after creating the first, I dont see why it is such a big deal to accept that Porter created it, did this happen before you knew Porter perfected the Original version from designs seized from Shino Numa and something passed onto Porter from Maxis. Anyways Richtofen and Maxis in the Blops 2 arc do not seem to be in a physical state, especially maxis when you listen to Sams Moon quotes.

Oh boy, do I have my work set out for me.

I'm not sure to be honest.

As it's a mark 2, it would make sense that its going to be a reocurring gun.

But, there was absolutely no information on how it came to be. 935 didn't build it, nor did richtofen... So who did?!

I'd sooner see it left behind and have a new version of it altogether.

It's obviously put that Porter made the Ray Gun Mark II. Although, considering the thought that the original Ray Gun plans had been stolen from a Japanese facility (let's face it, we know it was... Zombies logic), it could have always been possible that Porter was trying to mimic the design and made his own fixes to the machinery of the gun, to make it much more better than its previous version. That's my speculation, to be fair. But it always is open to the possibility.

I always assumed demonic richtofen built it in the aether…Then split it around his reign of maps, where it was pulled into other dimensions like hell and origins… 

NO.

Porter built the Ray gun and then at some point must have been present in the Borough under living stone mine as there a new version of the Ray gun was created which would help create the MKII. Originally it was meant to be a buildable which would be added to this new Ray gun but would only be buildable in Buried showing it was being developed in Buried. But Porter must have finished it as we see it fully built and present in the map. It is unknown if Porter created anything else in the borough as nothing was ever mentioned.

Evidence:

Pack-a Punched weapon names.

Radios linking to events of the Ray guns creation.

Black Ops 1 Terminal Vbush and Oppenheimer's Data Servants.

Hope that has put a rest to it anyways.

Dude. I don't mean to argue with you, and I am sure you know a lot more about the story than I.

But, that's a hell of a lot of speculation.

He must have been present in Borough? Other than the name of the pack a punched version of the Rgm2, there is absolutely no link to Porter being in Borough, I really can't see how you would link the two properly.

Realistically, I think the existence of the RGM2 came about something like this:

Treyarch employee #1: What wonder weapon shall we whack into dlc 3 guys?

Treyarch employee #2: what about a new version of the Ray Gun?

David Vondehaar : Go on.

Treyarch employee #2: Well, I like headshots, and I like Ray Guns, so why don't we make a Ray Gun assault rifle? It can be great at taking out trains, and have no splash damage so it's like the ultimate escape weapon?

David Vondehaar: I like it. I like it a lot. I've got an idea, let's include it as a map pack 3 bonus weapon, so everyone that owns the map pack gets it! Jim, what we gonna call it?

Jimmy Trollinski: what about the Ray Gun Mark 2? Then when it's PaP'd it's Porter's Mark 2 Ray Gun?

David Vondehaar: YES.

Treyarch employee #1: Guys, we still need a map specific wonder weapon?

David & Jimmy: Remake the Jet Gun.

Apologies to Mocking, didn't mean to steer away from the original point, just thought I'd add my opinion on why I felt it might not return.

I respect your opinion towards him, but... no. We obviously aren't talking about how the developers came up for the idea of the gun.

Umm... no. The plans for the Ray Gun and any prototypes were stolen from a Japanese facility. Porter (Max isn't his damn name. What, did you think since it said "Max" in the Wave Gun's upgraded form, that it would point to his first name? That's idiotic. H. Porter is the real Porter, the only Porter.) basically... "improved" it. Maybe he did the same for the Ray Gun Mark II, maybe he even made the Mark II. But the story you got here is probably the worst I've ever heard.

Nightmare, it's a great theory, but most of its speculation. If there was a little more evidence it would be supported more. Anyways

Just played Origins. And when Richtofen is using the ray gun Mark ii, he says something like "how did Maxis keep this weapon's development a secret?"

This could mean a few things:

1. The mark ii was created prior to 1918 and Maxis DID keep it secret. OR...

2. Maxis created it AFTER 1918 but the mystery box brought it into ww1 era. That would explain why Richtofen hadn't heard of it.

That's also speculation. It couldn't have been created before 1918, for one. That's too far back. I don't see why you would point to that first.

Maxis could have created it. But Maxis may not have. Hell, maybe Maxis doesn't even know of it's existence.

Hell, are we sure the Mark II is REAL? I mean, that's going on a huge limb, but... I mean, really. It's starting to sound less and less likely. A creation thrust into existence by... what? Who says anyone created it? Maybe it just... was. And will be.

Purhaps when he gets the ray gun in origins he's referring to maxis hiding the mark 1's development. 

First: No.

Second: NO.

Third: NOOOOOOOOO.

Fourth: I just was talking about this, god damn...

I like the ideas, but no. I mean, I like the whole idea of the weapon building thing... but that already happened with Die Rise w/ the Sliquifier. And we all know how that turned out.

Maxis is not, and never will be the creator.

Porter's name is on the gun, is it not? Who's to say he didn't create the original Ray Gun Mark II and also an improved version, following up on what he had done for the original Ray Gun prototype?

Who's to say this wasn't another prototype stolen from the Japanese facility? Who's to say he didn't just try to improve the first Ray Gun and managed to forge the Mark II? Who's to say any of this even matters, who's to say it's real?

The Ray Gun Mark II has more speculation within it than it has in ammunition. We need to let it be, and, as case point, we need to understand that it probably is unlikely to show up again.

Am I good now? Do we need more explanations? No? Fucking wonderful.

Hey Bro, why don't you slow your roll on who you call idiotic.  Max Porter is the employee at Treyarch who designed the Ray Gun originally.

Simple mistake on my part to put Max (who actually designed the gun IRL) instead of H (the scientist in the fairy tale land of the game who invented the RG)

Don't think you're gonna get a lot of respect or friends on the forum going around calling people idiotic and spouting out false claims to what I said.

@The Meh

Your whole rant back there is basically saying that anything is possible. Which is true. So right now, we've been just eliminating what seems wrong and debating on what seems right.

IMO, the only insightful thing you mentioned was that it couldn't have been made before 1918. That's true. That is too far back. I obviously wasn't thinking about how there could be such a futuristic gun amidst all of the old school "sticks and stones".

Anyways, Let's try to keep it constructive, bud.