• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they issue the range changes to auto rifles soon.

Right now there is no practical point to scout rifles, and barely any point (especially in PvP) to pulse rifles.

Just about to level up Red Death to actually enable Red Death, and finished my exotic bounty to get the Invective. That thing just looks awesome. It's a bummer knowing it'll be a weeks worth of bounties before I can actually enable the ammo regeneration though.

Invective will definitely be my exotic of choice in PvP (I like to use blink as a voidwalker, so close range makes more sense to focus on).

In PvE though I feel like I'll be doing a lot of switching back and forth.

PVP is sort of a mess as it is. Iron Banner is almost identical to regular PvP, because everyone in the games are close to the same level anyway. And yeah, like you said, a good portion of weapons are rendered virtually useless, so you end up with the same weapons being used by everyone. I think in Bungie's mind the Iron Banner was gonna bring a ton of variety to PvP, but in the end it's even less.

Yeah, I saw that earlier, it's pretty hilarious. I'm assuming there's a damage cap just like in PvE, where if you're say a 28, anything less than a 26 is all the same. Regardless, they promised a challenging event, and they did not deliver. I would argue it's even easier than standard Crucible.

The shader they have for IB level 1, "Million Million", is one of the first shaders I got after I reached level 20. Isn't the IB gear supposed to be exclusive to the event? 

I still stand behind the Regime having an advantage. I had a great game this morning, and the only gunfights I lost were to a level 26 (I'm 29) with that gun. 3 times. I have the Shadow Price, which is pretty dominant and I know a lot of people think it's better than the Regime. I don't see it though. 

ha, im a level 20, played through the weekly heroic strike last night with 2 friends 23 and 24 level respectively, we struggle, takes a couple hours to get through it.  i get to blue weapons that are shit and i get zero good armor and zero light.  what a fucking waste of time.  pretty much done with this game you can't make any progress without spending days and days worth of playing to level up 1 or 2 levels

ready for borderlands the pre-sequel next tuesday !

ha, im a level 20, played through the weekly heroic strike last night with 2 friends 23 and 24 level respectively, we struggle, takes a couple hours to get through it.  i get to blue weapons that are shit and i get zero good armor and zero light.  what a fucking waste of time.  pretty much done with this game you can't make any progress without spending days and days worth of playing to level up 1 or 2 levels

Weekly heroic is a bit tough, can't count on randoms. You need to level u pa bit to beat it. If not, find some friends that are high ranked. I would help you but you are not on poon-machine console that is #xboxone (bring on the console war.. jk)

So, I got my first exotic quest yesterday between the hand cannon, pulse rifle and the shotty.

I picked the one with Pulse rifle (the least shit gun I use) and I am currently running around doing strikes. I just learned that xur can hook you up with good exotic guns on weekends only, but i only have around 20 strange coins. Not sure if that will buy me anything good. I have decent guns at the moment including All upgraded legendary Rocket launcher. I plan on getting full auto exotic weapon if that is possible. How do I get a quest for that?

I'm starting to love this game, it has so much re-playability. Challenge/bounties is the funnest part of this game, and Bungie is doing everything to keep the community hungry for more, for example: Queens challenge, Iron banner, heroic and Nightfall strike, Vault of glass. The only thing I hate is multiplayer, everytime I pick a bounty for multiplayer, I play one game and abandon that bounty right away, it is no fun for me.

Weekly heroic is a bit tough, can't count on randoms. You need to level u pa bit to beat it. If not, find some friends that are high ranked. I would help you but you are not on poon-machine console that is #xboxone (bring on the console war.. jk)

hahaha

well yeah, i just reached vanguard level 1.  just frustrated at how time consuming this game is, cant even fathom how many hours some folks have put in.

and @DougieBoy thanks for the advice, but i still have a while before i reach vanguard rank 2 ;)

@way2g00d Xur is currently selling the Ice Breaker, which is unquestionably the best exotic non-Vex Mythoclast weapon for a mere 17 coins. Absolutely buy it. 

There is no exotic bounty for an auto rifle. The only automatic weapon is the heavy machine gun Super Good Advice. The Pocket Infinity fusion rifle and the Invective shotgun have full auto upgrades, but I suspect that's not what you meant.

There are three exotic auto rifles: Suros Regime, Monte Carlo, and Hard Light. Monte Carlo is a Playstation exclusive for the time being, The other two you can get as random rewards for Strikes, the Crucible, the Raid, or from an engram. 

@the_clay_bird Go buy exotic armor from Xur. If you're a 20 you should have enough strange coins by now, or you can use motes of light to buy an exotic helmet engram.

hahaha

well yeah, i just reached vanguard level 1.  just frustrated at how time consuming this game is, cant even fathom how many hours some folks have put in.

and @DougieBoy thanks for the advice, but i still have a while before i reach vanguard rank 2 ;)

I just started doing vanguard bounties and i think they are not too bad. But I have to say if someone can help you through initially that really helps you level up much quicker. credit to #Naitrax who helped me get initial legendary armor and helmet.

@way2g00d Xur is currently selling the Ice Breaker, which is unquestionably the best exotic non-Vex Mythoclast weapon for a mere 17 coins. Absolutely buy it. 

There is no exotic bounty for an auto rifle. The only automatic weapon is the heavy machine gun Super Good Advice. The Pocket Infinity fusion rifle and the Invective shotgun have full auto upgrades, but I suspect that's not what you meant.

There are three exotic auto rifles: Suros Regime, Monte Carlo, and Hard Light. Monte Carlo is a Playstation exclusive for the time being, The other two you can get as random rewards for Strikes, the Crucible, the Raid, or from an engram. 

@the_clay_bird Go buy exotic armor from Xur. If you're a 20 you should have enough strange coins by now, or you can use motes of light to buy an exotic helmet engram.

not even close to enough coins....   i may have enough motes of light, but i think i only have 4 strange coins.

I've been thinking that, @way2g00d

Is there anything huge you guys would like to know about? I feel I am definitely qualified to write this guide, with assistance from others on the classes I haven't maxed, as I am approaching my 200th hour in this game.

I've been trying to keep to posting here every time something large rolls around, like the Queen's Wrath event, but I have actually been thinking of writing a guide for r/DestinyTheGame anyway.

So, what are the things you guys are most confused about?

ha, im a level 20, played through the weekly heroic strike last night with 2 friends 23 and 24 level respectively, we struggle, takes a couple hours to get through it. i get to blue weapons that are shit and i get zero good armor and zero light. what a fucking waste of time. pretty much done with this game you can't make any progress without spending days and days worth of playing to level up 1 or 2 levels

I was the same mate. The thing is, after a while it suddenly all happens in one go. Last week I was frustrated, couldn't get legendary armour or guns. My teammate had tons of everything, and I had nothing. We pretty much put exactly the same amount of time in as each other.

Then this week it's all changed. I've had legendary weapons galore, and I've bought several armour pieces. I'm now content.

One thing I would recommend though, is upgrading the vanguard, playing a load of vanguard strikes and buying armor/weapons. Though long winded, you can guarantee decent stuff.

Hey guys I might buy destiny today is it worth it

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Well, it all depends on what type of game you like to play. Do you play games for the story? Do you want Destiny for the story? 

If you answered yes to the latter, then this game will not be for you. It doesn't have a proper campaign. It has what feels like a series of secondary objectives as you run through a bunch of areas slaughtering things. It is incredibly repetitive, but somehow, through all that, it still shines through for me as one of the best games I've ever played.

While it is repetitive, it has so much replayability. The Strikes, while low in numbers, rarely appear in the playlists back to back, and that gives you the space you need to not make them boring. The game has a Daily Heroic mission, that when set to the hardest difficulty, gives Ascendant materials (used to upgrade legendary and exotic weapons/gear), and a Weekly Heroic Strike, which, when set to the highest difficulty, gives 9 Strange Coins (used to purchase items from a vendor who only appears on weekends)

There is also something called the Weekly Nightfall Strike. This is a special strike with a bunch of modifiers, including at least one "burn", which makes the specified element do quadruple damage, and the Nightfall modifier, which makes it so if everyone dies in a darkness zone, you will be returned to orbit and forced to start from the beginning again.

Then there is the amazing challenge which is the Raid. The Vault of Glass is an activity unlocked at Level 24, but should not be attempted until you are at LEAST 26. It is full of hard enemies and special mechanics, seen nowhere else in the game. I won't spoil any of the actual bosses or things, but they can drop special legendary gear which can allow you to get to level 30, the current cap.

As one of the Bungie employees once said,

"The game really only starts when you get to 20."

Hey guys I might buy destiny today is it worth it

Well, it all depends on what type of game you like to play. Do you play games for the story? Do you want Destiny for the story?

If you answered yes to the latter, then this game will not be for you. It doesn't have a proper campaign. It has what feels like a series of secondary objectives as you run through a bunch of areas slaughtering things. It is incredibly repetitive, but somehow, through all that, it still shines through for me as one of the best games I've ever played.

While it is repetitive, it has so much replayability. The Strikes, while low in numbers, rarely appear in the playlists back to back, and that gives you the space you need to not make them boring. The game has a Daily Heroic mission, that when set to the hardest difficulty, gives Ascendant materials (used to upgrade legendary and exotic weapons/gear), and a Weekly Heroic Strike, which, when set to the highest difficulty, gives 9 Strange Coins (used to purchase items from a vendor who only appears on weekends)

There is also something called the Weekly Nightfall Strike. This is a special strike with a bunch of modifiers, including at least one "burn", which makes the specified element do quadruple damage, and the Nightfall modifier, which makes it so if everyone dies in a darkness zone, you will be returned to orbit and forced to start from the beginning again.

Then there is the amazing challenge which is the Raid. The Vault of Glass is an activity unlocked at Level 24, but should not be attempted until you are at LEAST 26. It is full of hard enemies and special mechanics, seen nowhere else in the game. I won't spoil any of the actual bosses or things, but they can drop special legendary gear which can allow you to get to level 30, the current cap.

As one of the Bungie employees once said,

"The game really only starts when you get to 20." Hmm sounds interesting. And I'm not much of a story person Lol I'm more of a multi-player person

Hmm sounds interesting. And I'm not much of a story person Lol I'm more of a multi-player person

There is a competitive multiplayer mode as well, but all missions have space for 3 people or more. The Raid is a 6 player activity!

The Crucible (competitive MP) has a FFA mode, Domination mode, a TDM mode and a 3v3.

Hmm sounds interesting. And I'm not much of a story person Lol I'm more of a multi-player person

There is a competitive multiplayer mode as well, but all missions have space for 3 people or more. The Raid is a 6 player activity!

The Crucible (competitive MP) has a FFA mode, Domination mode, a TDM mode and a 3v3. So seems like a fun game Lol. But is this like DC universe where my TV is old so the text is so small to read or is it like COD and not squeezed?

The Crucible (competitive MP) has a FFA mode, Domination mode, a TDM mode and a 3v3. So seems like a fun game Lol. But is this like DC universe where my TV is old so the text is so small to read or is it like COD and not squeezed?

The text is of decent size. It looks nice, clean and crisp, however, what resolution is your TV,a nd how big is it?

Archived